Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

3.5

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (79) · No (41)
  • Clogging Issues Yes · No (122)

Paul English

Paul EnglishIllawarra, NSW

Pneumatic head useless on carpet

After years of a conventional cleaner we decided to go for a Dyson. So far that seems a mistake. We were advised by the salesperson in JB Hi Fi to go for this multi floor pneumatic after describing our floors. It was more expensive dive but we thought this would be good. We can’t even push the head over our medium pile carpet and the finer carpet sticks like a limpet mine. Surely Dyson are smarter than this. So now after more than $500 we still don’t have a vacuum cleaner to clean our house properly. Very disappointed in our first Dyson product.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$540.00.

Alexis

AlexisSydney, NSW

Ideal for small fall and on carpet and tiled surfaces

I used this in a 57sq m carpeted flat and on a tiled bathroom floor and tiled balcony. It is easy to manipulate and manoeuvre. The powerful suction left surfaces dust free. The ejection of debris is easy and the multiple fittings are ideal for all areas. Recommended.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$650.00.

KC

KCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

not as good as the older models

Have been using dyson vacuum for the past twenty years, this is the worst model that I ever had. First, the new quick-release mechanism doesn't work well. Its hard to release or connect it to the main hose or wand. And then the worst part is to empty the container bin. The red release button doesn't really pushes dirt out or the barrel, alot of the time the dirt/dust get stucked at the top of the barrel and need to remove it by hand. Also the opening lid will cover of dust when emptying, so cleaning the lid (especially the plastic rubber seal) is required.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$449.00.

Esther

EstherPaekakariki

Broke just a few months after purchase

I was happily vacuuming the carpet just over 5 months after buying it on boxing Day sales and it snapped broken in my hand. The big extended tube links with a piece to the handle, that piece is glued or fused somehow and it's become unglued. Customer care were nice after an 8' wait on the phone but even though another part will be sent to my home it will take up to 14 days and Customer care representative offered no solution as to how I can manage without vacuuming in the meantime.

Really disappointed that I finally decide to go for the reputable and expensive Dyson brand and it lasts the least of all the vacuum cleaners I have ever had.

Hoping this is not the first of a series of breakdowns and it's just a one off.

Purchased in December 2019 at Noel Leeming Online store for A$350.00.

TAO1

TAO1Auckland

Frustrating

I wanted to love my Dyson but I don’t. I expected more for the price. The suction is good but the fact that the dust container lid pops open occasionally by itself spilling dust everywhere is a huge downside. Dyson keeps saying it’s not supposed to do that but the fact that many reviews complain about this might indicate that it is a design flaw. Very annoying. Wish you would just accept it’s an issue and fix this.

Purchased at Noel Leeming for A$799.00.

jak2015

jak2015Perth, WA

Very little power. No comparison to older Dyson models.

Have only had this vacuum for 8 days and I hate it.

I'm so disappointed. It has very poor suction compared to the DC25 that I have had for 10 years (that was still working up until a fortnight ago).

The vacuum head skips on the carpet every time you pull it back, unless at exactly right angle.

The switch for hard floor or carpet changes on its own while vaccuuming.

When I spoke to Dyson they suggested I buy a different head for it. The part is $135.

If the retailer had a money back guarantee, I would be returning it.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$399.00.

Product is used Daily

MONIQUE P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don’t fall for the hype

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for A$795.00.

MONIQUE P.

Thanks for your reply, however when I ring what exactly will change? And what will be an outcome. I don’t want to be wasting more of my time with this vac

Irene

IreneSydney, NSW

Great vacuum

I used this vacuum for carpet dan floor wood also tile.
Works good and suction.
Its still good until today after 3 years.
Most product dying after 2 years of using.
Worth the money.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Tony.

Tony.South East Queensland, QLD

Not impressed!

Purchased the Bigball multifloor after the old Dyson DC37 finally stopped after years of faithful service. Thought I'd upgrade to a better machine with this unit. Wrong!
If it's called multifloor why is it not good on carpet? Suction is great but the stupid pneumatic head is a waste of time and useless. It just leaves a clump of dog hair either in front when pushing or behind when pulling.
Contacted Dyson and was told I could buy another more suitable head for $140.
Why would I do that when I've just spent $500 on a "multifloor" vacuum?
Save your money and buy an old 37, wish I had.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$499.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Sanja3766

Sanja3766Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

One badly designed vacuum cleaner for a lot of money!

Purchased in March 2020 for A$499.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Elina S.

Elina S.Sydney, NSW

Poor suction. Very disappointed.

Very poor suction through the head.not worth the money. Used on hard floor and carpet. Carpet head was slightly better than the hard floor one but suction still not adequate.

Purchased in May 2020 at Dyson for A$499.00.

Floor Type Wood
mib0004

mib0004Hunter Region, NSW

Very disappointed, not worth the money.

We bought this Dyson after having 15 years faithful service from our previous Dyson.
We are extremely disappointed with the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro.
The problem with this one is mostly the emptying motion. It is like some fancy designer who has never used one got the contract. The bottom flops open and the barrel moves down just enough to cover the fine mesh filter making it difficult to clean out. Then it doesn't always clip back together properly. I am also wondering for the price why did they become so stingy with the cord length. It is about 2m shorter than the old unit and never seems to be just long enough.
The current Dyson cleaners are nowhere near the quality of earlier models. I would never buy one again.

Purchased in January 2019 at Betta Home Living for A$900.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Nat

NatHobart, TAS

Not worth It

Purchased 3 years ago & only tried to use it twice before putting it in garage as after going over an over fluff on the carpet I had to bend down and pick it up. ( So just use my v6 slim cordless) Thought it was my carpet 3 yrs later it’s still new so just tried on my mums carpet as it’s been just sitting in the box unused and the same thing happens it sucks on your hand but picks hardly anything up after 10mins use the V6 slim again is full in minutes!!

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Product is used Rarely

Andrew2Far West, NSW

Design disaster do not buy

The multi floor head is a constant struggle. It makes vacuuming carpets a nightmare. Instead of gliding over the carpet like every other vacuum I have ever used this thing lowers the blue strips that are supposed to be brushes and drags badly. Pushing the head is not possible. You have to lift, place it in position and pull heavily towards you.
The top handle is downright stupid. because it is a loop above the tube, it twists your wrist badly.

Purchased in July 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$690.00.

VG1

VG1South East Queensland, QLD

What a piece of rubbish

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Jayden G.

Jayden G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed

Works great on tiles, struggles on carpet floors. Has anyone else found it just doesn’t pick a great deal up on carpet floors? I have tried all settings and find I am constantly picking up after it like I do for my infant child. I’ve previously owned older model Dyson that worked great on carpet. Disappointed.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$500.00.

Siggy NowakSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dyson crap

The musclehead of this vacuum cleaner is total rubbish - ridiculously designed. We have had other Dyson vacuum cleaners which were well designed, but this one really "sucks." Suction is so great the muscle head sticks to the the carpet and scratches the polished floors even on the low suction setting. It's not called a "muscle head" for nothing!! So brutal to move - needs to be more like a hovercraft than a limpid clam. The designers certainly need to go back to the drawing boards. Meanwhile here I am cursing and looking for an alternative head with bristles instead of hard plastic ribbing.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$700.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Siggy Nowak

The on/off switch is flimsy and yes the canister emptying mechanism needs more work. For a $700+ vacuum cleaner Dyson is going backwards on this one. Surely no-one has tested it with real people.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Going away from basics - a failed model

Purchased in June 2019 at David Jones.

Dodokebab

DodokebabSouth East Queensland, QLD

Picks up so much unseen dirt!

Just purchased this today from Harvey Norman Everton Park. It blows out a large amount of heat. However the amount of dirt it sucked up was outstanding! Actually I was horrified at how much dirt there was in my bedroom! I emptied the barre twice for one bedroom!! And I vacuum regularly - obviously my old vac was not so good after all!!!! The tools are light weight to counteract the heavy barrel. The tools are very useful and there’s plenty of choice and an extra head in the box. I was pleasantly surprised at all the extra tools. The one for cleaning skirting boards worked a charm!! I’d recommend it.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$675.00.

Floor Type Carpet