Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

3.2

Max D.

Max D.Perth, WA

Really great machine but

Got this machine a few months ago to replace my dc08 turbine after the second motor went out. I had high expectations and they were all met it picks up the dirt like nothing else. the tangle free turbine is a great improvement from older models and I love the fact that’s there’s no filters to clean or replace. there is some downfalls 1. The bin never fills up evenly all the dirt will fill all the way to the top at the back and there will be none at the front of the bin. This is a issue my old Dyson only did when sucked up a lot of dirt at one time. 2. I have read reviews that the bin open randomly and yes that has happened to me but only once. Other than that it’s worth the money and a great product

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$699.00.

Clogging Issues No

Dyson that didn't live up to it's claims.

I had my Dyson for about 3 years. From the start, I wasn't a fan with my Dyson. I hated cleaning the dust bin. The dirt would stick to the top of the unit. I would have to pull the dirt out and tap it to shake the fine dust out. The dirt at the top of the unit would stick and I would have to rub it off. Recently the suction power has weakened, almost to no suction at all. I empty the dust bin after every use and I still experience loss of suction. It's messy and unpleasant to clean the dust bin. My Dyson was a disappointment and didn't live up to it's claims. I'm going to buy a different kind of vacuum, that I don't have to work so hard to clean.

Purchased in March 2017.

Paul EnglishIllawarra, NSW

Pneumatic head useless on carpet

After years of a conventional cleaner we decided to go for a Dyson. So far that seems a mistake. We were advised by the salesperson in JB Hi Fi to go for this multi floor pneumatic after describing our floors. It was more expensive dive but we thought this would be good. We can’t even push the head over our medium pile carpet and the finer carpet sticks like a limpet mine. Surely Dyson are smarter than this. So now after more than $500 we still don’t have a vacuum cleaner to clean our house properly. Very disappointed in our first Dyson product.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$540.00.

Paul English

Thanks. We had already tried sliding the +- to minus but the head just pushes hair and small bits and pieces in front of it. Very useless.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear this. Please get in touch with us and we will be happy to assist finding an alternate floor tool for you.

Alexis

AlexisSydney, NSW

Ideal for small fall and on carpet and tiled surfaces

I used this in a 57sq m carpeted flat and on a tiled bathroom floor and tiled balcony. It is easy to manipulate and manoeuvre. The powerful suction left surfaces dust free. The ejection of debris is easy and the multiple fittings are ideal for all areas. Recommended.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$650.00.

KC

KCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

not as good as the older models

Have been using dyson vacuum for the past twenty years, this is the worst model that I ever had. First, the new quick-release mechanism doesn't work well. Its hard to release or connect it to the main hose or wand. And then the worst part is to empty the container bin. The red release button doesn't really pushes dirt out or the barrel, alot of the time the dirt/dust get stucked at the top of the barrel and need to remove it by hand. Also the opening lid will cover of dust when emptying, so cleaning the lid (especially the plastic rubber seal) is required.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$449.00.

Esther

EstherPaekakariki

Broke just a few months after purchase

I was happily vacuuming the carpet just over 5 months after buying it on boxing Day sales and it snapped broken in my hand. The big extended tube links with a piece to the handle, that piece is glued or fused somehow and it's become unglued. Customer care were nice after an 8' wait on the phone but even though another part will be sent to my home it will take up to 14 days and Customer care representative offered no solution as to how I can manage without vacuuming in the meantime.

Really disappointed that I finally decide to go for the reputable and expensive Dyson brand and it lasts the least of all the vacuum cleaners I have ever had.

Hoping this is not the first of a series of breakdowns and it's just a one off.

Purchased in December 2019 at Noel Leeming Online store for A$350.00.

Tony.

Tony.South East Queensland, QLD

Not impressed!

Purchased the Bigball multifloor after the old Dyson DC37 finally stopped after years of faithful service. Thought I'd upgrade to a better machine with this unit. Wrong!
If it's called multifloor why is it not good on carpet? Suction is great but the stupid pneumatic head is a waste of time and useless. It just leaves a clump of dog hair either in front when pushing or behind when pulling.
Contacted Dyson and was told I could buy another more suitable head for $140.
Why would I do that when I've just spent $500 on a "multifloor" vacuum?
Save your money and buy an old 37, wish I had.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$499.00.

Sanja3766

Sanja3766Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

One badly designed vacuum cleaner for a lot of money!

Purchased in March 2020 for A$499.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Elina S.

Elina S.Sydney, NSW

Poor suction. Very disappointed.

Very poor suction through the head.not worth the money. Used on hard floor and carpet. Carpet head was slightly better than the hard floor one but suction still not adequate.

Purchased in May 2020 at Dyson for A$499.00.

Floor Type Wood

mib0004

mib0004Hunter Region, NSW

Very disappointed, not worth the money.

We bought this Dyson after having 15 years faithful service from our previous Dyson.
We are extremely disappointed with the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro.
The problem with this one is mostly the emptying motion. It is like some fancy designer who has never used one got the contract. The bottom flops open and the barrel moves down just enough to cover the fine mesh filter making it difficult to clean out. Then it doesn't always clip back together properly. I am also wondering for the price why did they become so stingy with the cord length. It is about 2m shorter than the old unit and never seems to be just long enough.
The current Dyson cleaners are nowhere near the quality of earlier models. I would never buy one again.

Purchased in January 2019 at Betta Home Living for A$900.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
VG1

VG1South East Queensland, QLD

What a piece of rubbish

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Jayden G.

Jayden G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed

Works great on tiles, struggles on carpet floors. Has anyone else found it just doesn’t pick a great deal up on carpet floors? I have tried all settings and find I am constantly picking up after it like I do for my infant child. I’ve previously owned older model Dyson that worked great on carpet. Disappointed.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$500.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Going away from basics - a failed model

Purchased in June 2019 at David Jones.

Dodokebab

DodokebabSouth East Queensland, QLD

Picks up so much unseen dirt!

Just purchased this today from Harvey Norman Everton Park. It blows out a large amount of heat. However the amount of dirt it sucked up was outstanding! Actually I was horrified at how much dirt there was in my bedroom! I emptied the barre twice for one bedroom!! And I vacuum regularly - obviously my old vac was not so good after all!!!! The tools are light weight to counteract the heavy barrel. The tools are very useful and there’s plenty of choice and an extra head in the box. I was pleasantly surprised at all the extra tools. The one for cleaning skirting boards worked a charm!! I’d recommend it.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$675.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Tayla S.

Tayla S.Northeast, VIC

Love my Dyson

I have only had this product for 2 months but absolute loving it!!
So easy to move around and the results are great 10x better than my previous vacuum.

Great on all floor types and even great in the car !!

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$600.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Olga Moore

Olga MooreGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent vacuum cleaner

Excellent product no bags sucks dust amazingly
Bought on Go MasterCard 60 months interest free $6 service fee per month
Beautiful design top of the range virtually for close to nothing
$24 per month won’t break any budget

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$499.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

larissa.antusoa

larissa.antusoaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Zero Stars - Don't waste your money

Purchased in January 2019.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Not for long fur, weak suction

We bought this as we have four long haired pets. Be warned the animal description only applies to short fur, not long fur which immediately blocks the head.
When we complained the Dyson rep sounded like this isn't the first time they have heard this issue.

Very weak suction, have to go over everything twice. Have gone back to our 6 year old electrolux which is far more powerful. Dyson appears to be nothing but marketing hype.

Purchased in September 2019 at Noel Leeming for A$700.00.

Popples

PopplesCurtin 2605, ACT

Not Great.

Was initially happy with this cleaner. Had issues with the multi floor head after about 12 months of use, it kept lifting off the floor and losing suction. Dyson kindly replaced the head, but with a different one, not the same as came with the purchase. Whether its the new head or not,bit seems to have loss suction, skims over the floor without picking up dirt/dust. Have previously been a Vax user but went with a Dyson on friend and family recommendations. Should have stuck with a Vax.

Purchased in August 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for A$499.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Dyson Team ..Dyson

We can confirm auaskdyson@dyson.com is our email address, however this may need to be written into a new email as opposed to copying and pasting. Apologies for any confusion.

JB Melbourne

JB MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not as good as my original Dyson

My first Dyson nearly 10 years ago was amazing, this one is still good on hard floors (where I could use a broom) but a real struggle to get carpet clean. I have to scrub the carpet then often pick up a ball of fluff or kids hair my hand & feed it into the suction. Its mildly better than my $70 Aldi special but nearly 10x the price. No its not blocked just ineffective on carpet. Surely I dont have to spend 100s extra on an animal head to actually pick anything up from the carpet? I persisted for 3 months as I was so excited to have a Dyson again but now I just want my money back and a vacuum that works on carpet! Oh, and emptying it is a nightmare, dust everywhere from the cheap plastic release button that often gets stuck!

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys for A$499.00.

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews