Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

3.7

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (81) · No
  • Clogging Issues Yes · No (81)

Max D.

Max D.Perth, WA

Really great machine but

Got this machine a few months ago to replace my dc08 turbine after the second motor went out. I had high expectations and they were all met it picks up the dirt like nothing else. the tangle free turbine is a great improvement from older models and I love the fact that’s there’s no filters to clean or replace. there is some downfalls 1. The bin never fills up evenly all the dirt will fill all the way to the top at the back and there will be none at the front of the bin. This is a issue my old Dyson only did when sucked up a lot of dirt at one time. 2. I have read reviews that the bin open randomly and yes that has happened to me but only once. Other than that it’s worth the money and a great product

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$699.00.

Robin R.

Robin R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Doesn’t work well for cars and carpets

I found the suction very poor, does not get the sand off the car carpets and mats easily. My old Electrolux was far better for less than half the price. Also on carpets, it does a poor job with pet hair, it just gathers them into a big ball of hair in front of the head. Very disappointed and planning on returning it ASAP

Purchased in June 2020 at Costco for A$499.00.

Paul EnglishIllawarra, NSW

Pneumatic head useless on carpet

After years of a conventional cleaner we decided to go for a Dyson. So far that seems a mistake. We were advised by the salesperson in JB Hi Fi to go for this multi floor pneumatic after describing our floors. It was more expensive dive but we thought this would be good. We can’t even push the head over our medium pile carpet and the finer carpet sticks like a limpet mine. Surely Dyson are smarter than this. So now after more than $500 we still don’t have a vacuum cleaner to clean our house properly. Very disappointed in our first Dyson product.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$540.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Paul English

Thanks. We had already tried sliding the +- to minus but the head just pushes hair and small bits and pieces in front of it. Very useless.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear this. Please get in touch with us and we will be happy to assist finding an alternate floor tool for you.

MONIQUE P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don’t fall for the hype

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for A$795.00.

MONIQUE P.

Thanks for your reply, however when I ring what exactly will change? And what will be an outcome. I don’t want to be wasting more of my time with this vac

Krankypants

KrankypantsNorthern Region, NSW

Its True What They Say About Dyson Vacs

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Tony.

Tony.South East Queensland, QLD

Not impressed!

Purchased the Bigball multifloor after the old Dyson DC37 finally stopped after years of faithful service. Thought I'd upgrade to a better machine with this unit. Wrong!
If it's called multifloor why is it not good on carpet? Suction is great but the stupid pneumatic head is a waste of time and useless. It just leaves a clump of dog hair either in front when pushing or behind when pulling.
Contacted Dyson and was told I could buy another more suitable head for $140.
Why would I do that when I've just spent $500 on a "multifloor" vacuum?
Save your money and buy an old 37, wish I had.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$499.00.

Sanja3766

Sanja3766Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

One badly designed vacuum cleaner for a lot of money!

Purchased in March 2020 for A$499.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Nat

NatHobart, TAS

Not worth It

Purchased 3 years ago & only tried to use it twice before putting it in garage as after going over an over fluff on the carpet I had to bend down and pick it up. ( So just use my v6 slim cordless) Thought it was my carpet 3 yrs later it’s still new so just tried on my mums carpet as it’s been just sitting in the box unused and the same thing happens it sucks on your hand but picks hardly anything up after 10mins use the V6 slim again is full in minutes!!

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Product is used Rarely
VG1

VG1South East Queensland, QLD

What a piece of rubbish

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Dodokebab

DodokebabSouth East Queensland, QLD

Picks up so much unseen dirt!

Just purchased this today from Harvey Norman Everton Park. It blows out a large amount of heat. However the amount of dirt it sucked up was outstanding! Actually I was horrified at how much dirt there was in my bedroom! I emptied the barre twice for one bedroom!! And I vacuum regularly - obviously my old vac was not so good after all!!!! The tools are light weight to counteract the heavy barrel. The tools are very useful and there’s plenty of choice and an extra head in the box. I was pleasantly surprised at all the extra tools. The one for cleaning skirting boards worked a charm!! I’d recommend it.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$675.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Tayla S.

Tayla S.Northeast, VIC

Love my Dyson

I have only had this product for 2 months but absolute loving it!!
So easy to move around and the results are great 10x better than my previous vacuum.

Great on all floor types and even great in the car !!

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$600.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
dragana0282

dragana0282Southwest, VIC

I believe in dyson and this is dissapointing.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$750.00.

Product is used Daily
larissa.antusoa

larissa.antusoaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Zero Stars - Don't waste your money

Purchased in January 2019.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Not for long fur, weak suction

We bought this as we have four long haired pets. Be warned the animal description only applies to short fur, not long fur which immediately blocks the head.
When we complained the Dyson rep sounded like this isn't the first time they have heard this issue.

Very weak suction, have to go over everything twice. Have gone back to our 6 year old electrolux which is far more powerful. Dyson appears to be nothing but marketing hype.

Purchased in September 2019 at Noel Leeming for A$700.00.

wintopCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Another bitterly disappointed Dyson customer...

Purchased at Dyson.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are disappointed with your new Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro.

We are keen to assist and discuss your concerns further. If you could please forward your details and review to auaskdyson@dyson.com we will be in touch shortly.

Popples

PopplesCurtin 2605, ACT

Not Great.

Was initially happy with this cleaner. Had issues with the multi floor head after about 12 months of use, it kept lifting off the floor and losing suction. Dyson kindly replaced the head, but with a different one, not the same as came with the purchase. Whether its the new head or not,bit seems to have loss suction, skims over the floor without picking up dirt/dust. Have previously been a Vax user but went with a Dyson on friend and family recommendations. Should have stuck with a Vax.

Purchased in August 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for A$499.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We can confirm auaskdyson@dyson.com is our email address, however this may need to be written into a new email as opposed to copying and pasting. Apologies for any confusion.

JacSouth Australia

Worst model

This unit is terrible , Ive had it for 2years and now the rotating head wont rotate, suction is awful even after emptying barrel.
Head is forever flicking up more dirt than it sucks in .

Purchased in November 2017.

Jac

Thank you , Ive done the above a couple of times and unfortunately its still not rotating . I will send my details as instructed above .

adam

adamWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Love dyson

My dyson cinetic big ball animal arrived today FANTASTIC MACHINE......
Anyone thinking if buying a dyson dont hesitate you will love it. All i am waiting on now is the 3 free accessories to arrive..

Purchased in November 2019 at Dyson.com.au for A$699.00.

Glorious Target

Glorious TargetPerth, WA

Good product

This product is strong and has lots of little pieces that can help me with my vacuuming. I bought it mainly for my cats hairs on the sofa and it does that so good.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store.

headwerkn

headwerknLaunceston, TAS

A very well made, high performing vac that's worth a look if you want mains power - and can use all the accessories.

• +3

Purchased in September 2019.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood