Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

2.0

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (19) · No (4)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (23) · No

Motors in these are absolute rubbish

My Dyson Animal lasted two years. It's use has been household carpet and vinyl flooring. A few days ago the unit started producing a screaming sound which I took to be a bearing failure. I fitted a new motor and. Upon examining the old motor found the end cap on the motor housing had fatigued totally and allowed the amature to contact the outer section. The casing is unbelievably thin.

Purchased in September 2018 for A$699.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Judith S.

Judith S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do Not Buy Dyson, Never again Dyson

Purchased in May 2018 at The Good Guys for A$800.00.

Snoozer

SnoozerCentral Queensland, QLD

I miss my old Dyson

After owning a Dyson for 12 years why would I buy anything else... I was excited to see the benefits of 12 years of R&D how sad it was to go so far backwards and wish I never upgraded. The dust lid doesn't always lock properly and spills dust when you remove it, it is hard to move around especially doors, the attachments are always clogged and had to buy special tooling to disassemble clean the dust and hair from the belt and cogs in the head myself instead of always sending it back for repair. My Wife prefers using my $90 Bunnings shop vacuum as it does a better job.

Purchased in July 2017 at The Good Guys for A$597.00.

webmate

webmate

Don't buy into the Dyson hype

The suction levels on the vacuum are poor - refer video. On timber floors it won't pick up anything larger than a grain of rice on first sweep. I have to pick up multiple items by hand as it's faster than moving the vacuum head back and forth again and again. The on/off and cord retractor buttons seem to be fagile, however in fairness I could be wrong. But their size and placement make it difficult to use anything but hands. When emptying the vacuum it has opened unexpectedly on multiple occasions, dumping dust on clean floors. And its quite difficult to get the bottom door of the dust receptacle to stay closed. It's truly awful!

Purchased in September 2019 for A$799.00.

Shay

ShayWestern Australia

Love this vaccuum

Ive had my dyson vacuum for 3 years now. Perfect for all floors, including carpets. I have 2 dogs, and small childern. No issues picking up mess. Does need cleaned put regularly though!

Purchased in February 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$360.00.

Danny

DannyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It's good but not great.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Stevedi

StevediCentral Queensland, QLD

Good enough suction, but don’t buy because you loved the Dyson Classic.

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$398.00.

Floor Type Tiles
Renee

ReneeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Vacuum Cleaner I have ever owned - don't waste your money

Purchased in April 2018 for A$600.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Tammy Parnell

Tammy ParnellPerth, WA

Don't Waste Your Money

I saved my money to by this product as it was all that you heard was the best brand money could buy. I had purchased a Miele cat and dog previously but was sick and tired of having to buy bags for it . So I changed. What a terrible decision that was. The first time I used it fabulous heavy duty suction. Then the next time a bit less and within a month no better than the cheap vacuums. So disappointed with this as I spent a lot of money on it. Will never buy another Dyson product overated.

Esther

EstherSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dyson for BIG Family

I use the vacuum over different types of flooring - tiles and carpet
I have found that it is fantastic depending on which head you use. The one that is standard works reasonably ok.
It is definitely the best vacuum I have used but for the money...........it could be better

Purchased in June 2018 at Joyce Mayne for A$600.00.

Kathryn Holwell

Kathryn HolwellHunter Region, NSW

Cheap plastic

Clip on the barrel always gets stuck after emptying the barrel and I have to hold down clip to close barrel. Multi floor head works good on timber floors, brought turbo head separately for my rugs. I like the extra tools that come with the vacuum and the cord has a good length. But the vacuum cleaner plastic components feel cheap

Purchased at The Good Guys.

Aoibhinn2

Aoibhinn2Hunter Region, NSW

Wish I had read the reviews first.

Cheap plastic rubbish. Not what you expect from $500 +. Loved my old Dyson, very dissapointed. Hair blocks barrel which needs manual untangling, blocks dirt going into barrel. Musclehead tool plastic has WORN off in 5 months so it now leaves scuffs on timber floor. Asked for refund for faulty lemon, told no only part replacement. And BUY another part. Seriously Dyson, model is a lemon recall it. Customers are fleeing and wont be back.

Purchased in March 2019 at Dyson for A$524.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Liz Wilkinson

Liz WilkinsonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It sucks more than it sucks! And not in a good way!

Floor Type Carpet
jodiev1980

jodiev1980South West, WA

So Disappointed! Wish I'd read the Reviews!

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for A$800.00.

Lisa

LisaSouthwest, VIC

Really Not fit for purpose

We replaced our decade old purple Dyson which was easily the best vac we'd ever had. This model has some really fundamental design problems. The attachment holder obstructs access to the wand. The want will not sit in the slot meant to hold it when being stored. It falls out every single time. Slot provided just not adequate to hold it but worse is when in use it will blows puffs of fine dust out of the air outtake vent on the back. Its enough dust that we can easily see it coming out and it covers the vacuum in dust. We won't gamble our health or another $700 with Dyson

Purchased in July 2017.

black-cSydney Surrounds, NSW

Motor burnout after 3 years.

This is our second Dyson barrel vac. First one burnt the motor out after 7 years.
Purchased this supposedly bigger and better and more expensive machine 3 years ago. Motor has burnt out once again.
We have a Dyson handheld that gets more use than this and has had no issues.
I guess you don’t get what you pay for.

Purchased in June 2016 for A$700.00.

Floor Type Wood
black-c

Too late. Purchased a new meile

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Should you change your mind, feel free to reach out. We are only happy to help.

John Smith

John Smith

Overpriced Junk

Items get stuck in the brush head and you have to manually remove them. The opening in the brush head for item to go into the vacuum is too small and regularly clogs with dust. Emptying the capacity bin is difficult and clumsy. The quick release handle broke on the vacuum and Dyson does not have this part available on their website. Considering the price for this vacuum I expected much better performance.

Purchased in January 2018.

Floor Type Carpet
Dayanari J.

Dayanari J.Perth, WA

Suction is amazing

I have 2 hairy pets and this product is a life saver. I have used 2 different brands before buying this in 2017 when my fist bub came along and I needed something that does the job properly since the animal fur was in the air!! and 3 years later still in good working condition and the only downside is that the smooth rotation stops when my hair gets stuck in the thing. overall, pretty good.

Purchased in May 2017 for A$800.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
lynpettitt79

lynpettitt79

I wish I could like it, but it's really poor!

Purchased in April 2017.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
CAW

CAW

Not very hardy

Plastic bits are unfortunately easy to break when teenage boys use the vacuum cleaner so now it’s useless-have contacted company about parts via email no response as yet-hope they can replace the part

Purchased in September 2016 at The Good Guys for A$700.00.

Floor Type Wood
See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Roslyn

Roslynasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Why is my Cinetic Big Ball Animal Dyson making a loud sort of screaming noise? How do I fix this? Still under warranty.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This isn't a sound we would expect from your Cinetic Big Ball and are keen to assist.

Please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 at your convenience (with your machine handy).

Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Sue

Sueasked

Cinetic Big Ball

My brand new Dyson won’t clean a short pile rug! I have used every head and nothing helps, have I just wasted $500

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear about this and are only happy to assist.

Please forward your query, the serial number of your machine and your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly to help.

Meg F.

Meg F.asked

Cinetic Big Ball

Can I use my dyson big ball to vacuum wet carpet? I've rubbed i with nappy san and warm water and also used vanish carpet clean and am wondering if I can vamuum that up.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Dyson vacuum cleaners are designed for use on dry household dust and dirt. Any use on liquids or moisture can cause damage to your machine and is not recommended.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com. If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives