Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball (page 2 of 4)

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Elina S.

Elina S.Sydney, NSW

Poor suction. Very disappointed.

Very poor suction through the head.not worth the money. Used on hard floor and carpet. Carpet head was slightly better than the hard floor one but suction still not adequate.

Purchased in May 2020 at Dyson for $499.00.

Floor TypeWood
mib0004

mib0004Hunter Region, NSW

Very disappointed, not worth the money.

We bought this Dyson after having 15 years faithful service from our previous Dyson.
We are extremely disappointed with the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro.
The problem with this one is mostly the emptying motion. It is like some fancy designer who has never used one got the contract. The bottom flops open and the barrel moves down just enough to cover the fine mesh filter making it difficult to clean out. Then it doesn't always clip back together properly. I am also wondering for the price why did they become so stingy with the cord length. It is about 2m shorter than the old unit and never seems to be just long enough.
The current Dyson cleaners are nowhere near the quality of earlier models. I would never buy one again.

Purchased in January 2019 at Betta Home Living for $900.00.

Floor TypeTiles and Wood
VG1

VG1South East Queensland, QLD

What a piece of rubbish

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Jayden G.

Jayden G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed

Works great on tiles, struggles on carpet floors. Has anyone else found it just doesn’t pick a great deal up on carpet floors? I have tried all settings and find I am constantly picking up after it like I do for my infant child. I’ve previously owned older model Dyson that worked great on carpet. Disappointed.

Purchased in January 2020 for $500.00.

DysonDyson

Going away from basics - a failed model

Purchased in June 2019 at David Jones.

Dodokebab

DodokebabSouth East Queensland, QLD

Picks up so much unseen dirt!

Just purchased this today from Harvey Norman Everton Park. It blows out a large amount of heat. However the amount of dirt it sucked up was outstanding! Actually I was horrified at how much dirt there was in my bedroom! I emptied the barre twice for one bedroom!! And I vacuum regularly - obviously my old vac was not so good after all!!!! The tools are light weight to counteract the heavy barrel. The tools are very useful and there’s plenty of choice and an extra head in the box. I was pleasantly surprised at all the extra tools. The one for cleaning skirting boards worked a charm!! I’d recommend it.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for $675.00.

Floor TypeCarpet
Tayla S.

Tayla S.Northeast, VIC

Love my Dyson

I have only had this product for 2 months but absolute loving it!!
So easy to move around and the results are great 10x better than my previous vacuum.

Great on all floor types and even great in the car !!

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $600.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Olga Moore

Olga MooreGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent vacuum cleaner

Excellent product no bags sucks dust amazingly
Bought on Go MasterCard 60 months interest free $6 service fee per month
Beautiful design top of the range virtually for close to nothing
$24 per month won’t break any budget

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

larissa.antusoa

larissa.antusoaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Zero Stars - Don't waste your money

Purchased in January 2019.

Find out how Dyson Cinetic Big Ball compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Not for long fur, weak suction

We bought this as we have four long haired pets. Be warned the animal description only applies to short fur, not long fur which immediately blocks the head.
When we complained the Dyson rep sounded like this isn't the first time they have heard this issue.

Very weak suction, have to go over everything twice. Have gone back to our 6 year old electrolux which is far more powerful. Dyson appears to be nothing but marketing hype.

Purchased in September 2019 at Noel Leeming for $700.00.

Snoozer

SnoozerCentral Queensland, QLD

I miss my old Dyson

After owning a Dyson for 12 years why would I buy anything else... I was excited to see the benefits of 12 years of R&D how sad it was to go so far backwards and wish I never upgraded. The dust lid doesn't always lock properly and spills dust when you remove it, it is hard to move around especially doors, the attachments are always clogged and had to buy special tooling to disassemble clean the dust and hair from the belt and cogs in the head myself instead of always sending it back for repair. My Wife prefers using my $90 Bunnings shop vacuum as it does a better job.

Purchased in July 2017 at The Good Guys for $597.00.

Clogging IssuesYes
Popples

PopplesCurtin 2605, ACT

Not Great.

Was initially happy with this cleaner. Had issues with the multi floor head after about 12 months of use, it kept lifting off the floor and losing suction. Dyson kindly replaced the head, but with a different one, not the same as came with the purchase. Whether its the new head or not,bit seems to have loss suction, skims over the floor without picking up dirt/dust. Have previously been a Vax user but went with a Dyson on friend and family recommendations. Should have stuck with a Vax.

Purchased in August 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $499.00.

DysonDyson

We can confirm auaskdyson@dyson.com is our email address, however this may need to be written into a new email as opposed to copying and pasting. Apologies for any confusion.

JB Melbourne

JB MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not as good as my original Dyson

My first Dyson nearly 10 years ago was amazing, this one is still good on hard floors (where I could use a broom) but a real struggle to get carpet clean. I have to scrub the carpet then often pick up a ball of fluff or kids hair my hand & feed it into the suction. Its mildly better than my $70 Aldi special but nearly 10x the price. No its not blocked just ineffective on carpet. Surely I dont have to spend 100s extra on an animal head to actually pick anything up from the carpet? I persisted for 3 months as I was so excited to have a Dyson again but now I just want my money back and a vacuum that works on carpet! Oh, and emptying it is a nightmare, dust everywhere from the cheap plastic release button that often gets stuck!

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum

JacSouth Australia

Worst model

This unit is terrible , Ive had it for 2years and now the rotating head wont rotate, suction is awful even after emptying barrel.
Head is forever flicking up more dirt than it sucks in .

Purchased in November 2017.

Jac

Thank you , Ive done the above a couple of times and unfortunately its still not rotating . I will send my details as instructed above .

webmate

webmate

Don't buy into the Dyson hype

The suction levels on the vacuum are poor - refer video. On timber floors it won't pick up anything larger than a grain of rice on first sweep. I have to pick up multiple items by hand as it's faster than moving the vacuum head back and forth again and again. The on/off and cord retractor buttons seem to be fagile, however in fairness I could be wrong. But their size and placement make it difficult to use anything but hands. When emptying the vacuum it has opened unexpectedly on multiple occasions, dumping dust on clean floors. And its quite difficult to get the bottom door of the dust receptacle to stay closed. It's truly awful!

Purchased in September 2019 for $799.00.

Clogging IssuesYes

glidagidaHunter Region, NSW

Very brittle plastic.

Functionally it is a vacuum with strong suction, too strong for carpet without reducing the suction. That said, I am not happy with the construction, after 12 months 3 plastic parts have broken in normal use. Another is failing, the barrel has star cracks on the underside where it is buried in the machine. All told poor construction, the plastic is too brittle.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $450.00.

Cairoloves

CairolovesGold Coast

Sturdy and reliable vacuum with good suction

Purchased in September 2019.

Floor TypeCarpet
ChrisOz

ChrisOzSydney, NSW

A solid performer that apartment owners would love

Purchased in September 2019.

Nad HGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Most disappointing product I’ve ever bought

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Thanks Sam I’ll give that a try

Cat

CatAdelaide

Mostly good but some area for improvement

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Sherryl R.

Sherryl R.asked

Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

Hi I am wondering where is the filter located for Dyson Cinetic Big Ball allergy

DysonDyson

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball features Dyson Cinetic Science. Dyson Cinetic Science is so efficient, the dust and dirt is separated from the air into the bin, without the need for a washable filter. The machine has a post motor filter which is there to capture carbon dust from the motor however is designed to last the lifetime of the machine without the need to wash/replace it.

Dyson Cinetic Science features ultra-efficient cyclones with Cinetic tips. These tips allow our cyclones to be small, and they vibrate to ensure the ultra-fine dust doesn't clog them, rather, ends up in the bin for you to empty when you have finished your cleaning session.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available and happy to help.You can find ways to get in touch here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

barb

barbasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Our Dyson big ball animal pro is only a couple of months old. The power head spins but doesn’t pick up anything on the carpet , I’ve removed any fluff or anything around the roller. The normal head works fine on hard floors.

DysonDyson

Hi Barb, thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your machine.

Our machines carry a 2 year Dyson Guarantee and we will be more than happy to help resolve this for you. We do require more information and we'd kindly ask you to please reach out to our helpline via phone, email or live chat through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us.

Cindy b

Cindy basked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

I purchased my Dyson cinetic big ball vac in Feb .I am having trouble with the 360 swivel head it keeps clicking out of its place like it is broken it doesn’t seem to lock in . It makes it then impossible to vacuum ,The suction is also extreme and makes it very hard to push on carpet leaving balls of fluff. I do not have pets so no excuse for a lot of hair on my floor, Please advise as I am extremely disappointed

DysonDyson

Hi Cindy, thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear this is happening.

Please be assured our machines come with a 2 year Dyson guarantee, we'd recommend to reach out to our helpline via phone email or live chat through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us.

In regards to the suction one of our experts will ask you a few questions regarding your flooring and provide you the best resolution moving forward.

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball questions

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Compare all 8 Dyson Cinetic Big Ball
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $999.00$899.00$799.00$699.00
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight11.34 kg11.04 kg10.67 kg10.55 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m
Suction (Air Watts)250 AW250 AW250 AW250 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016