Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

2.0

1 review
Nat

NatHobart, TAS

Not worth It

Purchased 3 years ago & only tried to use it twice before putting it in garage as after going over an over fluff on the carpet I had to bend down and pick it up. ( So just use my v6 slim cordless) Thought it was my carpet 3 yrs later it’s still new so just tried on my mums carpet as it’s been just sitting in the box unused and the same thing happens it sucks on your hand but picks hardly anything up after 10mins use the V6 slim again is full in minutes!!

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Noise Level

Heather L.asked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Where are the filters

DysonDyson

Your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball machine features Dyson Cinetic Science which means it has no filters you need to wash, replace or change. Just empty the bin when the dust reaches the MAX line to ensure it performs as it should (you can see how to do this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDs8l7msca0)

While there is a post motor filter built into the ball, this filter is designed to last the lifetime of your machine with no need for maintenance.

If we can assist further, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com, we are happy to help.

If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Kylee

Kyleeasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

Why does mine smell bad when it has never been wet or vacuumed up wet material? How do you clean it thoroughly?

DysonDyson

If a smell is coming from your machine, this can indicate either something with a strong scent or some dust containing a high moisture content has been vacuumed up. We recommend carrying out the following steps which may dispel any odour.

After emptying you may rinse the clear bin in cold water, ensuring that no detergents are used. Please don't remove the seals whilst washing the clear bin and most importantly ensure that the clear bin is completely dry before placing back onto the machine. Please note that the cyclone top assembly, which attaches on top of the bin, must be removed and is not washable. You can find instructions on how to remove the cyclone here: https://support.dyson.com.au/supportHome.aspx/Vacuums/Cylinders/Dyson-Cinetic-Big-Ball/214892-01/maintaining-your-dyson-machine/cleaning-the-bin

We also recommend to let the hose, floor tool and wand of your machine air out for 24-48 hours, ideally somewhere safe, dry and sunny.

If you find the odour persists, or we can assist further, please call us on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm.

Darren
Darren

our Big Ball Animal Dyson started exhausting a foul smell as well.
Turned out it was the cyclone filter system. Despite emptying the bin out and cleaning it thoroughly, it still smelt horrible

I ended up completely disassembling the cyclone filter (BIG job) and found a huge amount of muck stuck inside all over the filter and the air jets. Some were completely clogged. Turned out my partner had used one of those carpet cleaning powders which I think are slightly damp as well. It's gone through the entire filter system and gummed it all up inside. I had to pull the entire filter apart and clean all the parts individually. I then soaked all the parts in a mix of water and mild detergent overnight. Dried it all out with compressed air and then re-assembled. Smell is now gone and suction is as good as new now.

We since found out that you should never use powder carpet cleaners in bag-less vacuums.... lesson learned. Fortunately it seems the powder didn't make it to the motor, which seems to have survived.....

kraayclan

kraayclanasked

Cinetic Big Ball

my new dyson big ball origin head doesn't seem to pick up dirt rather it just pushes it around causing me to have to lift the head up and place it down on top of dust to get it clean

Mindab1980
Mindab1980

I had the same problem.
l had to purchase a carbon fibre turbine head of the Dyson website. Not ideal to fork out an extra $120 but now I get a really good clean.

DysonDyson

Any debris too large to fit under the floor tool may be pushed along the floor. For larger debris such as this, we would encourage either placing the floor tool directly on top of the debris, or removing the floor tool and using the included combination tool to clean these up.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 8 Dyson Cinetic Big Ball
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) A$999.00A$899.00A$799.00A$699.00
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight11.34 kg11.04 kg10.67 kg10.55 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m
Suction (Air Watts)250 AW250 AW250 AW250 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016