Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...
See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Dan
Dan

Over designed plastic junk

Way over priced plastic junk! Long hair tangles up regularly in the power head and it's a pain to remove the power head turbine to remove the hair, it's not just a simply case of sliding out the cylinder brush. The cinetic ball is a filthy contraption to use. Who could possibly think emptying a canister full of fine dust and hair into a plastic bag or straight into their bin is hygienically clean in any way possible. Paper vacuum bags all way for me with high end US brands such Oreck or Hoover.
Get back to the drawing board Dyson geeks.

Purchased in August 2016 for $50.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Clogging Issues Yes

Not happy

1. The dust bin's lid released open all of the contents as I disconnected from the unit. Happened twice! Massive mess to clean up. 2. The attachment adapter broke very early on in use. 3. It's short on suction power in general. 4. Dust bin gets clogged at the bottom in the narrowest part with the littlest debris, stopping the rotation of debris thus affecting its suction power. I have to empty out when its not even 'full' because of this blockage.
Poorly designed and manufactured. Not happy.

Purchased in April 2018 at The Good Guys.

Vicky S.
Vicky S.South East Queensland, QLD

Multicolor cleaner ...Doesn't live up to its name

Not well designed or made as the wheels fell off after using on tiles as the shank that hold the wheel to the heavy body is pencil thin plastic with a single screw through it and of course the shank snaps in half and can't be fixed.
Might be ok for carpet over a long period but not good for going from carpet to hard floor as the wheels can't handle it.
My machine maybe 3 years old but for the near $600 paid I would expect a lot long life than that.

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $599.00.

Susan S.
Susan S.

Love My Dyson!!!

I bought this a few months ago and still love it, cheaper than other brands for better suction,
Really great vacuum cleaner.
Doesn’t get blocked and easy to use. Lots of great features. Love that it’s bagless and easy to empty!

Purchased in January 2021 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

OlgaSydney, NSW

Big disappointment

Purchased in May 2021 at Dyson for $499.00.

Floor Type Wood
Olga

Can someone from support email me on [Email Address Removed]. Email preferable. I am working full time so customer service hours will not work for me. Sorry.

DysonDyson

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019

Purchased in May 2019.

NotoriousD
NotoriousDGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awesome vacuum cleaner

Great suction, the absolute model comes with a whole lot of extra attachments, the ball rights itself if it rolls. Its emptying process is vastly improved in usability over the old DC39 we had. I'm finding I don't have to go over areas I've already done before just to get them clean. I judge a good appliance as one you look forward to using. This is definitely the case here, its a great vacuum.

Purchased in March 2021 at Appliances Online for $849.00.

jenn96
jenn96Goulburn Valley, VIC

motor smells and makes popping sound,cost me $180 for repair to some internal filter that can't be accessed by user.

I use this on tile,wood and carpet and alternate between the power head and hard floor tool,I purchased it nearly 4yo for around $700. It has had light use maybe fortnightly,the motor has just blown up and im taking it to dyson for a quote

Purchased at Dyson for $700.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Clogging Issues No

The worst Dyson vaccum ever?

The bin unclips itself constantly after being secured and after you've spent a good hour vacuuming the house it dispenses it's load onto the floor without notice...so, you have to vacuum the mess up twice. This is one of the worst design flaws i have ever seen and i had exactly the same issue on a V6 stick vacuum too. will never buy a Dyson again after this!

Purchased in March 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $499.00.

Marc
Marc

Meg
Meg

PS - Dear Dyson

Purchased in March 2021 at Dyson for $650.00.

Renae
RenaeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of money

Worst vacum ive ever used. Flicks small bits of crumbs everywhere...!! What a waste of money.. after just 2 uses I am back to using my $100 kmart vacuum ' which I thought was crap until I used dyson!!! The kmart 1 is way better. I want my money back!!

Purchased in January 2021 for $500.00.

Product is used Rarely

Extremely disappointed

The Dyson Big Ball is an absolute disappointment. It’s hard to pull and constantly rolls over when going round corners. On the side of the head the two ends keep falling off with the slightest bit of hair or dust on it. The purple foam strip along the bottom of the head had totally come off. This has all happened in no more than 15 months of use. I’m so disappointed. All the hype about Dyson being a great brand. So disappointed. I’m getting in touch with our supplier to see what can be done, otherwise I have very expensive vacuum cleaner sitting in a wardrobe not being used.

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Product is used Rarely
Cumulus
CumulusGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very hard to empty and refit barrel

Purchased in February 2020 for $600.00.

timothy.oldmeadow
timothy.oldmeadowSydney Surrounds, NSW

Can't handle dog fur

Purchased in April 2018 for $700.00.

Floor Type Carpet
DysonDyson

Is not suitable for all floor types, despite the advertising saying so

This vacuum doesn't work on carpet at all - it leaves large clumps of hair and dust in its wake. I have now been told by support that this cleaner is not suitable for carpet, despite the website stating that the cleaner works on all floor types. Very disappointed at what a waste of money it has been - I am now looking at selling it and will buy another brand. The ball is also heavy and needs to be carried over wooden floors so it doesn't leave any scratches.

Purchased in October 2019.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Sherryl R.
Sherryl R.asked
Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

Hi I am wondering where is the filter located for Dyson Cinetic Big Ball allergy

DysonDyson

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball features Dyson Cinetic Science. Dyson Cinetic Science is so efficient, the dust and dirt is separated from the air into the bin, without the need for a washable filter. The machine has a post motor filter which is there to capture carbon dust from the motor however is designed to last the lifetime of the machine without the need to wash/replace it.

Dyson Cinetic Science features ultra-efficient cyclones with Cinetic tips. These tips allow our cyclones to be small, and they vibrate to ensure the ultra-fine dust doesn't clog them, rather, ends up in the bin for you to empty when you have finished your cleaning session.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available and happy to help.You can find ways to get in touch here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

barb
barbasked
Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Our Dyson big ball animal pro is only a couple of months old. The power head spins but doesn’t pick up anything on the carpet , I’ve removed any fluff or anything around the roller. The normal head works fine on hard floors.

DysonDyson

Hi Barb, thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your machine.

Our machines carry a 2 year Dyson Guarantee and we will be more than happy to help resolve this for you. We do require more information and we'd kindly ask you to please reach out to our helpline via phone, email or live chat through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us.

Cindy b
Cindy basked
Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

I purchased my Dyson cinetic big ball vac in Feb .I am having trouble with the 360 swivel head it keeps clicking out of its place like it is broken it doesn’t seem to lock in . It makes it then impossible to vacuum ,The suction is also extreme and makes it very hard to push on carpet leaving balls of fluff. I do not have pets so no excuse for a lot of hair on my floor, Please advise as I am extremely disappointed

DysonDyson

Hi Cindy, thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear this is happening.

Please be assured our machines come with a 2 year Dyson guarantee, we'd recommend to reach out to our helpline via phone email or live chat through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us.

In regards to the suction one of our experts will ask you a few questions regarding your flooring and provide you the best resolution moving forward.

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball questions

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 8 Dyson Cinetic Big Ball
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $999.00$899.00$799.00$699.00
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight11.34 kg11.04 kg10.67 kg10.55 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m
Suction (Air Watts)250 AW250 AW250 AW250 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016