Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Renae

RenaeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of money

Worst vacum ive ever used. Flicks small bits of crumbs everywhere...!! What a waste of money.. after just 2 uses I am back to using my $100 kmart vacuum ' which I thought was crap until I used dyson!!! The kmart 1 is way better. I want my money back!!

Purchased in January 2021 for $500.00.

Extremely disappointed

The Dyson Big Ball is an absolute disappointment. It’s hard to pull and constantly rolls over when going round corners. On the side of the head the two ends keep falling off with the slightest bit of hair or dust on it. The purple foam strip along the bottom of the head had totally come off. This has all happened in no more than 15 months of use. I’m so disappointed. All the hype about Dyson being a great brand. So disappointed. I’m getting in touch with our supplier to see what can be done, otherwise I have very expensive vacuum cleaner sitting in a wardrobe not being used.

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Cumulus

CumulusGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very hard to empty and refit barrel

Purchased in February 2020 for $600.00.

timothy.oldmeadow

timothy.oldmeadowSydney Surrounds, NSW

Can't handle dog fur

Purchased in April 2018 for $700.00.

Floor TypeCarpet
DysonDyson

Is not suitable for all floor types, despite the advertising saying so

This vacuum doesn't work on carpet at all - it leaves large clumps of hair and dust in its wake. I have now been told by support that this cleaner is not suitable for carpet, despite the website stating that the cleaner works on all floor types. Very disappointed at what a waste of money it has been - I am now looking at selling it and will buy another brand. The ball is also heavy and needs to be carried over wooden floors so it doesn't leave any scratches.

Purchased in October 2019.

Dale RobertsonSydney, NSW

Always had Dyson in last 20years and am disapointed

You take the barrel off every 2nd time and it opens on the floor, I make sure it's clicked in properly ( base to barrel) but it still does it. Is there a fix for this ??? any help would be appreciated

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum and Tiles
DysonDyson

Thank you for reviewing your machine.

Please be assured this is not normal and the barrel should not open by itself. So we are able to assist you further please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our experts will be in touch as soon as possible.

Dale Robertson

Thank you for all your assistance, the new bin has fixed the problem and i am still a Dyson customer thanks again and have a great Christmas

Audric A.

Audric A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great suction, but starts to leave scratches on wooden floor

I have this Dyson for quite a while now, but since a few weeks it leaves a scratches on my wooden floor.

It looks like the shoe cover below the MuscleHead has become too thin to not make the whole head run without rubbing the floor and leave marks.
Even after putting the head on the minimum suction, it still leaves mark.

I end up not using it anymore. That's a shame because it's my first Dyson.

Floor TypeWood
DysonDyson

We certainly don't design any Dyson machine to do this and are keen to assist.

Please forward your review, details and photos to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch ASAP to assist.

Max D.

Max D.Perth, WA

Really great machine but

Got this machine a few months ago to replace my dc08 turbine after the second motor went out. I had high expectations and they were all met it picks up the dirt like nothing else. the tangle free turbine is a great improvement from older models and I love the fact that’s there’s no filters to clean or replace. there is some downfalls 1. The bin never fills up evenly all the dirt will fill all the way to the top at the back and there will be none at the front of the bin. This is a issue my old Dyson only did when sucked up a lot of dirt at one time. 2. I have read reviews that the bin open randomly and yes that has happened to me but only once. Other than that it’s worth the money and a great product

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Clogging IssuesNo

Dyson that didn't live up to it's claims.

I had my Dyson for about 3 years. From the start, I wasn't a fan with my Dyson. I hated cleaning the dust bin. The dirt would stick to the top of the unit. I would have to pull the dirt out and tap it to shake the fine dust out. The dirt at the top of the unit would stick and I would have to rub it off. Recently the suction power has weakened, almost to no suction at all. I empty the dust bin after every use and I still experience loss of suction. It's messy and unpleasant to clean the dust bin. My Dyson was a disappointment and didn't live up to it's claims. I'm going to buy a different kind of vacuum, that I don't have to work so hard to clean.

Purchased in March 2017.

Paul EnglishIllawarra, NSW

Pneumatic head useless on carpet

After years of a conventional cleaner we decided to go for a Dyson. So far that seems a mistake. We were advised by the salesperson in JB Hi Fi to go for this multi floor pneumatic after describing our floors. It was more expensive dive but we thought this would be good. We can’t even push the head over our medium pile carpet and the finer carpet sticks like a limpet mine. Surely Dyson are smarter than this. So now after more than $500 we still don’t have a vacuum cleaner to clean our house properly. Very disappointed in our first Dyson product.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $540.00.

Paul English

Thanks. We had already tried sliding the +- to minus but the head just pushes hair and small bits and pieces in front of it. Very useless.

DysonDyson

Sorry to hear this. Please get in touch with us and we will be happy to assist finding an alternate floor tool for you.

Alexis

AlexisSydney, NSW

Ideal for small fall and on carpet and tiled surfaces

I used this in a 57sq m carpeted flat and on a tiled bathroom floor and tiled balcony. It is easy to manipulate and manoeuvre. The powerful suction left surfaces dust free. The ejection of debris is easy and the multiple fittings are ideal for all areas. Recommended.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $650.00.

KC

KCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

not as good as the older models

Have been using dyson vacuum for the past twenty years, this is the worst model that I ever had. First, the new quick-release mechanism doesn't work well. Its hard to release or connect it to the main hose or wand. And then the worst part is to empty the container bin. The red release button doesn't really pushes dirt out or the barrel, alot of the time the dirt/dust get stucked at the top of the barrel and need to remove it by hand. Also the opening lid will cover of dust when emptying, so cleaning the lid (especially the plastic rubber seal) is required.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for $449.00.

Esther

EstherPaekakariki

Broke just a few months after purchase

I was happily vacuuming the carpet just over 5 months after buying it on boxing Day sales and it snapped broken in my hand. The big extended tube links with a piece to the handle, that piece is glued or fused somehow and it's become unglued. Customer care were nice after an 8' wait on the phone but even though another part will be sent to my home it will take up to 14 days and Customer care representative offered no solution as to how I can manage without vacuuming in the meantime.

Really disappointed that I finally decide to go for the reputable and expensive Dyson brand and it lasts the least of all the vacuum cleaners I have ever had.

Hoping this is not the first of a series of breakdowns and it's just a one off.

Purchased in December 2019 at Noel Leeming Online store for $350.00.

Tony.

Tony.South East Queensland, QLD

Not impressed!

Purchased the Bigball multifloor after the old Dyson DC37 finally stopped after years of faithful service. Thought I'd upgrade to a better machine with this unit. Wrong!
If it's called multifloor why is it not good on carpet? Suction is great but the stupid pneumatic head is a waste of time and useless. It just leaves a clump of dog hair either in front when pushing or behind when pulling.
Contacted Dyson and was told I could buy another more suitable head for $140.
Why would I do that when I've just spent $500 on a "multifloor" vacuum?
Save your money and buy an old 37, wish I had.

Purchased in May 2020 for $499.00.

Sanja3766

Sanja3766Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

One badly designed vacuum cleaner for a lot of money!

Purchased in March 2020 for $499.00.

Floor TypeTiles and Wood

Elina S.

Elina S.Sydney, NSW

Poor suction. Very disappointed.

Very poor suction through the head.not worth the money. Used on hard floor and carpet. Carpet head was slightly better than the hard floor one but suction still not adequate.

Purchased in May 2020 at Dyson for $499.00.

Floor TypeWood
mib0004

mib0004Hunter Region, NSW

Very disappointed, not worth the money.

We bought this Dyson after having 15 years faithful service from our previous Dyson.
We are extremely disappointed with the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro.
The problem with this one is mostly the emptying motion. It is like some fancy designer who has never used one got the contract. The bottom flops open and the barrel moves down just enough to cover the fine mesh filter making it difficult to clean out. Then it doesn't always clip back together properly. I am also wondering for the price why did they become so stingy with the cord length. It is about 2m shorter than the old unit and never seems to be just long enough.
The current Dyson cleaners are nowhere near the quality of earlier models. I would never buy one again.

Purchased in January 2019 at Betta Home Living for $900.00.

Floor TypeTiles and Wood
Nat

NatHobart, TAS

Not worth It

Purchased 3 years ago & only tried to use it twice before putting it in garage as after going over an over fluff on the carpet I had to bend down and pick it up. ( So just use my v6 slim cordless) Thought it was my carpet 3 yrs later it’s still new so just tried on my mums carpet as it’s been just sitting in the box unused and the same thing happens it sucks on your hand but picks hardly anything up after 10mins use the V6 slim again is full in minutes!!

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman.

VG1

VG1South East Queensland, QLD

What a piece of rubbish

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Jayden G.

Jayden G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed

Works great on tiles, struggles on carpet floors. Has anyone else found it just doesn’t pick a great deal up on carpet floors? I have tried all settings and find I am constantly picking up after it like I do for my infant child. I’ve previously owned older model Dyson that worked great on carpet. Disappointed.

Purchased in January 2020 for $500.00.

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Anthonyd

Anthonydasked

Cinetic Big Ball

We have had our CY22 for a couple of year but it has just started making this very loins siren sound after a few seconds of running. It’s not the motor as the pitch of the sound changes with airflow and is opposite to motor speed(lower sound higher revs and vice versa). Bin is regularly emptied.

LJP48

LJP48asked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

Dyson - I am very excited about my new vacuum and think I may just have to figure out how to work some aspects. I have used it four or five times. I have had a few trial and error mistakes with the bin not being properly closed and vacuuming dirt all over. Hopefully I've solved that. My turbine head seems very noisy and I'm thinking I probably should be wearing ear protectors. I thought maybe something is clogging it - I have cleaned the brushes on the turbine head a few times as my long hair is wrapping around the roller. I have removed it all but still very noisy and I'm feeling the suction isn't as good as it was the first day. My husband tried it and it was too loud for him and he operates our leaf blower with enthusiasm. The wand seems to be fastened properly. I do feel like it is a simple fix but I just can't find what it is.

Mattasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Hi
When I vacuum carpet with my Dyson Big Ball it doesn't seem to pick up what is on the floor but instead seems to collect it then sucks it back out onto the floor. Any recommendations on how to stop this?

Leonard
Leonard

What age is the machine ?

Matt

I purchased it in 2020. Has been doing this since I purchased it.

DysonDyson

This is not to be expected and we are keen to assist.

Please forward your query and the serial number of your machine tor Dyson Experts via Live Chat, Facebook Messenger or phone and we will be happy to help.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 8 Dyson Cinetic Big Ball
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $999.00$899.00$799.00$699.00
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight11.34 kg11.04 kg10.67 kg10.55 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m
Suction (Air Watts)250 AW250 AW250 AW250 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016