Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball (page 3 of 4)

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

RegentsRobbo

RegentsRobboKambah 2902, ACT

Dyson CY22 Cinetic Big Ball Animal + Barrel Vacuum Cleaner

• +10Thumbnail
Mefistofele

MefistofeleVictoria

Having a ball with Dyson...

Chris Broome

Chris BroomePerth, Western Australia

There is nothing like a Dyson to leave an impression!

• +1Thumbnail

Saltcastle

SaltcastleSydney, NSW

Just about close to perfect

Andrew

AndrewSydney, NSW

Much better than expected - Love it

Pierre

PierreGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Designed for what it's meant to do!

• +2Thumbnail
DeniseC

DeniseCSydney, NSW

Bitterly disappointed

I paid $700 (on special) for this cleaner which was delivered in January 2018, I had an early model Dyson which was very loud but a great cleaner. A part broke but because of age of cleaner, replacement part not available. When we release the barrel on the new cleaner to empty it, it spits the contents on the floor. When the barrel is less than half full, the suction dies alarmingly and the cleaner has to be emptied. The cleaner is still under warranty but frankly I would prefer my money back. So disappointed! The cleaner is used on carpet and tiles. I bought this one as we have a cat. It does pick up the cat fur extremely well. But when you have to keep emptying it when it is not even half full, it is not worth it.

GJR

GJRSydney, NSW

In a word ‘WOW’ -- [I am impressed]

lmstork79

lmstork79Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wish I had of read reviews, waste of money

I bought this vacuum in June and have had nothing but trouble with it. The multi head doesn't even make contact with the carpet so nothing gets picked up. Dyson used to be the go to manufacturer and this is our 4th dyson, I have 2 cordless dysons and older bagless that I now use for the cars. I was looking for a good vacuum for the bigger jobs but I won't be buying Dyson again.

Nathan V.

Nathan V.Sydney, NSW

The ultimate vacuum of the future

Nhora H.

Nhora H.Sydney, NSW

Overhyped

Durable and functions well. But over priced. You are paying for quality with strong suction. Don't use this on floor boards or polished tiles or you'll see scratches after. It works best for carpets. Put a Dyson label on the vacuum and expect to pay a 50 - 70% premium.

Stevedi

StevediCentral Queensland, QLD

Good enough suction, but don’t buy because you loved the Dyson Classic.

skMaze

skMazeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent vacuum

Very strong suction. I got this one after my old Hoover died and this Dyson hasn't disappointed. After vacuuming, the place feels very clean, including the air. I don't even see little dust particles floating in the air after finishing vacuuming. Emptying the cannister, however, isn't a breeze as it is advertised. I have to empty the cannister and tap gently on the top a few times to remove all the dust. Overall, very satisfied.

Jen H

Jen HWimmera, VIC

Powerful suck

I use this vacuum predominantly on hard floor. It is very powerful. It's very easy to maintain. Please note that all bagless vacuum cleaners need to have their filters cleaned regularly for optimum performance.

Jacky B

Jacky BSydney, NSW

Great Suction minimal effort

So far so good. I have hard floors and multiple rugs and I needed a vacuum that would cope well with both. The suction on the rugs is fantastic. I like my stick for small jobs but this is a serious cleaner. I note the on off switch and cord retraction buttons are flimsy compared to previous machines so the jury is still out on those but the machine is easy to use and effortless the move around.

black-cSydney Surrounds, NSW

Motor burnout after 3 years.

This is our second Dyson barrel vac. First one burnt the motor out after 7 years.
Purchased this supposedly bigger and better and more expensive machine 3 years ago. Motor has burnt out once again.
We have a Dyson handheld that gets more use than this and has had no issues.
I guess you don’t get what you pay for.

black-c

Too late. Purchased a new meile

DysonDyson

Should you change your mind, feel free to reach out. We are only happy to help.

Significant decline in quality

We owned and old Dyson powerhead vacuum and loved it. The Animal couldn't be more opposite. The head quality is fragile at best. The brushes have not survived 12 months of domestic use. The lack of a true powerhead has significantly degraded the ability to remove dirt from carpet. The bin empty process has been someone that must have been tasked with with designing the worst possible mechanism. The bin capacity appears to be about 1/10 of the older Dysons and has to be emptied far more frequently in a house that has long-haired girls and a dog.

I won't be buying another one.

Greg

GregPerth, WA

Bought this one to replace the stand up type Dyson Animal which was heavy

The ball is lighter and easier to use. it sucks like mad and is easier to clean. The container for dust is a little smaller, but it seems more robust and is easy to take out and in.

Elizabeth

ElizabethGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best vacuum I've used

DaveDee

DaveDeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lots of suction, lots of plastic parts to break

The vacuum cleaner is really good as far a suction and cleaning power go. Gives a good deep clean on carpet and easy going on tile floors. The lack of bag is a great concept and there's a good array of tools.
On the downside Dyson has never been big on plastics quality. The plastics components are weak and flimsy and will fail easily. Whilst its a good cleaner make sure and take out extended warranty

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Anthonyd

Anthonydasked

Cinetic Big Ball

We have had our CY22 for a couple of year but it has just started making this very loins siren sound after a few seconds of running. It’s not the motor as the pitch of the sound changes with airflow and is opposite to motor speed(lower sound higher revs and vice versa). Bin is regularly emptied.

LJP48

LJP48asked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

Dyson - I am very excited about my new vacuum and think I may just have to figure out how to work some aspects. I have used it four or five times. I have had a few trial and error mistakes with the bin not being properly closed and vacuuming dirt all over. Hopefully I've solved that. My turbine head seems very noisy and I'm thinking I probably should be wearing ear protectors. I thought maybe something is clogging it - I have cleaned the brushes on the turbine head a few times as my long hair is wrapping around the roller. I have removed it all but still very noisy and I'm feeling the suction isn't as good as it was the first day. My husband tried it and it was too loud for him and he operates our leaf blower with enthusiasm. The wand seems to be fastened properly. I do feel like it is a simple fix but I just can't find what it is.

Mattasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Hi
When I vacuum carpet with my Dyson Big Ball it doesn't seem to pick up what is on the floor but instead seems to collect it then sucks it back out onto the floor. Any recommendations on how to stop this?

Leonard
Leonard

What age is the machine ?

Matt

I purchased it in 2020. Has been doing this since I purchased it.

DysonDyson

This is not to be expected and we are keen to assist.

Please forward your query and the serial number of your machine tor Dyson Experts via Live Chat, Facebook Messenger or phone and we will be happy to help.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 8 Dyson Cinetic Big Ball
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $999.00$899.00$799.00$699.00
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight11.34 kg11.04 kg10.67 kg10.55 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m
Suction (Air Watts)250 AW250 AW250 AW250 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016