Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (11) · No (7)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (5) · No (12)

Renae

RenaeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of money

Worst vacum ive ever used. Flicks small bits of crumbs everywhere...!! What a waste of money.. after just 2 uses I am back to using my $100 kmart vacuum ' which I thought was crap until I used dyson!!! The kmart 1 is way better. I want my money back!!

Purchased in January 2021 for $500.00.

Product is usedRarely

Extremely disappointed

The Dyson Big Ball is an absolute disappointment. It’s hard to pull and constantly rolls over when going round corners. On the side of the head the two ends keep falling off with the slightest bit of hair or dust on it. The purple foam strip along the bottom of the head had totally come off. This has all happened in no more than 15 months of use. I’m so disappointed. All the hype about Dyson being a great brand. So disappointed. I’m getting in touch with our supplier to see what can be done, otherwise I have very expensive vacuum cleaner sitting in a wardrobe not being used.

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Product is usedRarely
Clogging IssuesNo

Is not suitable for all floor types, despite the advertising saying so

This vacuum doesn't work on carpet at all - it leaves large clumps of hair and dust in its wake. I have now been told by support that this cleaner is not suitable for carpet, despite the website stating that the cleaner works on all floor types. Very disappointed at what a waste of money it has been - I am now looking at selling it and will buy another brand. The ball is also heavy and needs to be carried over wooden floors so it doesn't leave any scratches.

Purchased in October 2019.

Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum

AcheyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not a good choice

Too heavy and cumbersome to move. End up carrying it around the house - which is not ideal. Worst point is that it does not actual suck up the dirt. It kind of pushes everything around and ends up with in clumps, which I guess is easier to pick up. I have no idea why people rave over this brand. Could not be more disappointed.

Purchased in September 2020.

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood
Achey

Hair is not a problem... if it only was so easy. Isn't it a shame that a machine that is called 'multi floor extra' requires extra attachments to work???

DysonDyson

Dyson that didn't live up to it's claims.

I had my Dyson for about 3 years. From the start, I wasn't a fan with my Dyson. I hated cleaning the dust bin. The dirt would stick to the top of the unit. I would have to pull the dirt out and tap it to shake the fine dust out. The dirt at the top of the unit would stick and I would have to rub it off. Recently the suction power has weakened, almost to no suction at all. I empty the dust bin after every use and I still experience loss of suction. It's messy and unpleasant to clean the dust bin. My Dyson was a disappointment and didn't live up to it's claims. I'm going to buy a different kind of vacuum, that I don't have to work so hard to clean.

Purchased in March 2017.

Tony.

Tony.South East Queensland, QLD

Not impressed!

Purchased the Bigball multifloor after the old Dyson DC37 finally stopped after years of faithful service. Thought I'd upgrade to a better machine with this unit. Wrong!
If it's called multifloor why is it not good on carpet? Suction is great but the stupid pneumatic head is a waste of time and useless. It just leaves a clump of dog hair either in front when pushing or behind when pulling.
Contacted Dyson and was told I could buy another more suitable head for $140.
Why would I do that when I've just spent $500 on a "multifloor" vacuum?
Save your money and buy an old 37, wish I had.

Purchased in May 2020 for $499.00.

Sanja3766

Sanja3766Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

One badly designed vacuum cleaner for a lot of money!

Purchased in March 2020 for $499.00.

Floor TypeTiles and Wood
mib0004

mib0004Hunter Region, NSW

Very disappointed, not worth the money.

We bought this Dyson after having 15 years faithful service from our previous Dyson.
We are extremely disappointed with the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro.
The problem with this one is mostly the emptying motion. It is like some fancy designer who has never used one got the contract. The bottom flops open and the barrel moves down just enough to cover the fine mesh filter making it difficult to clean out. Then it doesn't always clip back together properly. I am also wondering for the price why did they become so stingy with the cord length. It is about 2m shorter than the old unit and never seems to be just long enough.
The current Dyson cleaners are nowhere near the quality of earlier models. I would never buy one again.

Purchased in January 2019 at Betta Home Living for $900.00.

Floor TypeTiles and Wood
VG1

VG1South East Queensland, QLD

What a piece of rubbish

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Find out how Dyson Cinetic Big Ball compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Going away from basics - a failed model

Purchased in June 2019 at David Jones.

larissa.antusoa

larissa.antusoaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Zero Stars - Don't waste your money

Purchased in January 2019.

DysonDyson

Not for long fur, weak suction

We bought this as we have four long haired pets. Be warned the animal description only applies to short fur, not long fur which immediately blocks the head.
When we complained the Dyson rep sounded like this isn't the first time they have heard this issue.

Very weak suction, have to go over everything twice. Have gone back to our 6 year old electrolux which is far more powerful. Dyson appears to be nothing but marketing hype.

Purchased in September 2019 at Noel Leeming for $700.00.

Snoozer

SnoozerCentral Queensland, QLD

I miss my old Dyson

After owning a Dyson for 12 years why would I buy anything else... I was excited to see the benefits of 12 years of R&D how sad it was to go so far backwards and wish I never upgraded. The dust lid doesn't always lock properly and spills dust when you remove it, it is hard to move around especially doors, the attachments are always clogged and had to buy special tooling to disassemble clean the dust and hair from the belt and cogs in the head myself instead of always sending it back for repair. My Wife prefers using my $90 Bunnings shop vacuum as it does a better job.

Purchased in July 2017 at The Good Guys for $597.00.

webmate

webmate

Don't buy into the Dyson hype

The suction levels on the vacuum are poor - refer video. On timber floors it won't pick up anything larger than a grain of rice on first sweep. I have to pick up multiple items by hand as it's faster than moving the vacuum head back and forth again and again. The on/off and cord retractor buttons seem to be fagile, however in fairness I could be wrong. But their size and placement make it difficult to use anything but hands. When emptying the vacuum it has opened unexpectedly on multiple occasions, dumping dust on clean floors. And its quite difficult to get the bottom door of the dust receptacle to stay closed. It's truly awful!

Purchased in September 2019 for $799.00.

lmstork79

lmstork79Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wish I had of read reviews, waste of money

I bought this vacuum in June and have had nothing but trouble with it. The multi head doesn't even make contact with the carpet so nothing gets picked up. Dyson used to be the go to manufacturer and this is our 4th dyson, I have 2 cordless dysons and older bagless that I now use for the cars. I was looking for a good vacuum for the bigger jobs but I won't be buying Dyson again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

black-cSydney Surrounds, NSW

Motor burnout after 3 years.

This is our second Dyson barrel vac. First one burnt the motor out after 7 years.
Purchased this supposedly bigger and better and more expensive machine 3 years ago. Motor has burnt out once again.
We have a Dyson handheld that gets more use than this and has had no issues.
I guess you don’t get what you pay for.

Purchased in June 2016 for $700.00.

Floor TypeWood
black-c

Too late. Purchased a new meile

DysonDyson

Should you change your mind, feel free to reach out. We are only happy to help.

Significant decline in quality

We owned and old Dyson powerhead vacuum and loved it. The Animal couldn't be more opposite. The head quality is fragile at best. The brushes have not survived 12 months of domestic use. The lack of a true powerhead has significantly degraded the ability to remove dirt from carpet. The bin empty process has been someone that must have been tasked with with designing the worst possible mechanism. The bin capacity appears to be about 1/10 of the older Dysons and has to be emptied far more frequently in a house that has long-haired girls and a dog.

I won't be buying another one.

Purchased in September 2017 at Myer Retail Stores for $1,000.00.

HeathBrisbane

It Suck But A Disappointing Head.

Purchased in October 2018 for $699.00.

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Anthonyd

Anthonydasked

Cinetic Big Ball

We have had our CY22 for a couple of year but it has just started making this very loins siren sound after a few seconds of running. It’s not the motor as the pitch of the sound changes with airflow and is opposite to motor speed(lower sound higher revs and vice versa). Bin is regularly emptied.

LJP48

LJP48asked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

Dyson - I am very excited about my new vacuum and think I may just have to figure out how to work some aspects. I have used it four or five times. I have had a few trial and error mistakes with the bin not being properly closed and vacuuming dirt all over. Hopefully I've solved that. My turbine head seems very noisy and I'm thinking I probably should be wearing ear protectors. I thought maybe something is clogging it - I have cleaned the brushes on the turbine head a few times as my long hair is wrapping around the roller. I have removed it all but still very noisy and I'm feeling the suction isn't as good as it was the first day. My husband tried it and it was too loud for him and he operates our leaf blower with enthusiasm. The wand seems to be fastened properly. I do feel like it is a simple fix but I just can't find what it is.

Mattasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Hi
When I vacuum carpet with my Dyson Big Ball it doesn't seem to pick up what is on the floor but instead seems to collect it then sucks it back out onto the floor. Any recommendations on how to stop this?

Leonard
Leonard

What age is the machine ?

Matt

I purchased it in 2020. Has been doing this since I purchased it.

DysonDyson

This is not to be expected and we are keen to assist.

Please forward your query and the serial number of your machine tor Dyson Experts via Live Chat, Facebook Messenger or phone and we will be happy to help.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 8 Dyson Cinetic Big Ball
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $999.00$899.00$799.00$699.00
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight11.34 kg11.04 kg10.67 kg10.55 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m
Suction (Air Watts)250 AW250 AW250 AW250 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016