Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

timothy.oldmeadow

timothy.oldmeadowSydney Surrounds, NSW

Can't handle dog fur

Purchased in April 2018 for $700.00.

Floor TypeCarpet
Audric A.

Audric A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great suction, but starts to leave scratches on wooden floor

I have this Dyson for quite a while now, but since a few weeks it leaves a scratches on my wooden floor.

It looks like the shoe cover below the MuscleHead has become too thin to not make the whole head run without rubbing the floor and leave marks.
Even after putting the head on the minimum suction, it still leaves mark.

I end up not using it anymore. That's a shame because it's my first Dyson.

Floor TypeWood
DysonDyson

We certainly don't design any Dyson machine to do this and are keen to assist.

Please forward your review, details and photos to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch ASAP to assist.

Paul EnglishIllawarra, NSW

Pneumatic head useless on carpet

After years of a conventional cleaner we decided to go for a Dyson. So far that seems a mistake. We were advised by the salesperson in JB Hi Fi to go for this multi floor pneumatic after describing our floors. It was more expensive dive but we thought this would be good. We can’t even push the head over our medium pile carpet and the finer carpet sticks like a limpet mine. Surely Dyson are smarter than this. So now after more than $500 we still don’t have a vacuum cleaner to clean our house properly. Very disappointed in our first Dyson product.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $540.00.

Paul English

Thanks. We had already tried sliding the +- to minus but the head just pushes hair and small bits and pieces in front of it. Very useless.

DysonDyson

Sorry to hear this. Please get in touch with us and we will be happy to assist finding an alternate floor tool for you.

KC

KCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

not as good as the older models

Have been using dyson vacuum for the past twenty years, this is the worst model that I ever had. First, the new quick-release mechanism doesn't work well. Its hard to release or connect it to the main hose or wand. And then the worst part is to empty the container bin. The red release button doesn't really pushes dirt out or the barrel, alot of the time the dirt/dust get stucked at the top of the barrel and need to remove it by hand. Also the opening lid will cover of dust when emptying, so cleaning the lid (especially the plastic rubber seal) is required.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for $449.00.

Esther

EstherPaekakariki

Broke just a few months after purchase

I was happily vacuuming the carpet just over 5 months after buying it on boxing Day sales and it snapped broken in my hand. The big extended tube links with a piece to the handle, that piece is glued or fused somehow and it's become unglued. Customer care were nice after an 8' wait on the phone but even though another part will be sent to my home it will take up to 14 days and Customer care representative offered no solution as to how I can manage without vacuuming in the meantime.

Really disappointed that I finally decide to go for the reputable and expensive Dyson brand and it lasts the least of all the vacuum cleaners I have ever had.

Hoping this is not the first of a series of breakdowns and it's just a one off.

Purchased in December 2019 at Noel Leeming Online store for $350.00.

Elina S.

Elina S.Sydney, NSW

Poor suction. Very disappointed.

Very poor suction through the head.not worth the money. Used on hard floor and carpet. Carpet head was slightly better than the hard floor one but suction still not adequate.

Purchased in May 2020 at Dyson for $499.00.

Floor TypeWood
Nat

NatHobart, TAS

Not worth It

Purchased 3 years ago & only tried to use it twice before putting it in garage as after going over an over fluff on the carpet I had to bend down and pick it up. ( So just use my v6 slim cordless) Thought it was my carpet 3 yrs later it’s still new so just tried on my mums carpet as it’s been just sitting in the box unused and the same thing happens it sucks on your hand but picks hardly anything up after 10mins use the V6 slim again is full in minutes!!

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Product is usedRarely
Jayden G.

Jayden G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed

Works great on tiles, struggles on carpet floors. Has anyone else found it just doesn’t pick a great deal up on carpet floors? I have tried all settings and find I am constantly picking up after it like I do for my infant child. I’ve previously owned older model Dyson that worked great on carpet. Disappointed.

Purchased in January 2020 for $500.00.

Popples

PopplesCurtin 2605, ACT

Not Great.

Was initially happy with this cleaner. Had issues with the multi floor head after about 12 months of use, it kept lifting off the floor and losing suction. Dyson kindly replaced the head, but with a different one, not the same as came with the purchase. Whether its the new head or not,bit seems to have loss suction, skims over the floor without picking up dirt/dust. Have previously been a Vax user but went with a Dyson on friend and family recommendations. Should have stuck with a Vax.

Purchased in August 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $499.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood
DysonDyson

We can confirm auaskdyson@dyson.com is our email address, however this may need to be written into a new email as opposed to copying and pasting. Apologies for any confusion.

JB Melbourne

JB MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not as good as my original Dyson

My first Dyson nearly 10 years ago was amazing, this one is still good on hard floors (where I could use a broom) but a real struggle to get carpet clean. I have to scrub the carpet then often pick up a ball of fluff or kids hair my hand & feed it into the suction. Its mildly better than my $70 Aldi special but nearly 10x the price. No its not blocked just ineffective on carpet. Surely I dont have to spend 100s extra on an animal head to actually pick anything up from the carpet? I persisted for 3 months as I was so excited to have a Dyson again but now I just want my money back and a vacuum that works on carpet! Oh, and emptying it is a nightmare, dust everywhere from the cheap plastic release button that often gets stuck!

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

JacSouth Australia

Worst model

This unit is terrible , Ive had it for 2years and now the rotating head wont rotate, suction is awful even after emptying barrel.
Head is forever flicking up more dirt than it sucks in .

Purchased in November 2017.

Jac

Thank you , Ive done the above a couple of times and unfortunately its still not rotating . I will send my details as instructed above .

glidagidaHunter Region, NSW

Very brittle plastic.

Functionally it is a vacuum with strong suction, too strong for carpet without reducing the suction. That said, I am not happy with the construction, after 12 months 3 plastic parts have broken in normal use. Another is failing, the barrel has star cracks on the underside where it is buried in the machine. All told poor construction, the plastic is too brittle.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $450.00.

Nad HGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Most disappointing product I’ve ever bought

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood

Thanks Sam I’ll give that a try

DeniseC

DeniseCSydney, NSW

Bitterly disappointed

I paid $700 (on special) for this cleaner which was delivered in January 2018, I had an early model Dyson which was very loud but a great cleaner. A part broke but because of age of cleaner, replacement part not available. When we release the barrel on the new cleaner to empty it, it spits the contents on the floor. When the barrel is less than half full, the suction dies alarmingly and the cleaner has to be emptied. The cleaner is still under warranty but frankly I would prefer my money back. So disappointed! The cleaner is used on carpet and tiles. I bought this one as we have a cat. It does pick up the cat fur extremely well. But when you have to keep emptying it when it is not even half full, it is not worth it.

Purchased in January 2018 at David Jones Online Store for $700.00.

Stevedi

StevediCentral Queensland, QLD

Good enough suction, but don’t buy because you loved the Dyson Classic.

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman for $398.00.

Floor TypeTiles
Clogging IssuesYes

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Anthonyd

Anthonydasked

Cinetic Big Ball

We have had our CY22 for a couple of year but it has just started making this very loins siren sound after a few seconds of running. It’s not the motor as the pitch of the sound changes with airflow and is opposite to motor speed(lower sound higher revs and vice versa). Bin is regularly emptied.

LJP48

LJP48asked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

Dyson - I am very excited about my new vacuum and think I may just have to figure out how to work some aspects. I have used it four or five times. I have had a few trial and error mistakes with the bin not being properly closed and vacuuming dirt all over. Hopefully I've solved that. My turbine head seems very noisy and I'm thinking I probably should be wearing ear protectors. I thought maybe something is clogging it - I have cleaned the brushes on the turbine head a few times as my long hair is wrapping around the roller. I have removed it all but still very noisy and I'm feeling the suction isn't as good as it was the first day. My husband tried it and it was too loud for him and he operates our leaf blower with enthusiasm. The wand seems to be fastened properly. I do feel like it is a simple fix but I just can't find what it is.

Mattasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Hi
When I vacuum carpet with my Dyson Big Ball it doesn't seem to pick up what is on the floor but instead seems to collect it then sucks it back out onto the floor. Any recommendations on how to stop this?

Leonard
Leonard

What age is the machine ?

Matt

I purchased it in 2020. Has been doing this since I purchased it.

DysonDyson

This is not to be expected and we are keen to assist.

Please forward your query and the serial number of your machine tor Dyson Experts via Live Chat, Facebook Messenger or phone and we will be happy to help.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 8 Dyson Cinetic Big Ball
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $999.00$899.00$799.00$699.00
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight11.34 kg11.04 kg10.67 kg10.55 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m
Suction (Air Watts)250 AW250 AW250 AW250 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016