Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

2.8

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes · No (46)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (4) · No (41)

Alexis

AlexisSydney, NSW

Ideal for small fall and on carpet and tiled surfaces

I used this in a 57sq m carpeted flat and on a tiled bathroom floor and tiled balcony. It is easy to manipulate and manoeuvre. The powerful suction left surfaces dust free. The ejection of debris is easy and the multiple fittings are ideal for all areas. Recommended.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$650.00.

KC

KCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

not as good as the older models

Have been using dyson vacuum for the past twenty years, this is the worst model that I ever had. First, the new quick-release mechanism doesn't work well. Its hard to release or connect it to the main hose or wand. And then the worst part is to empty the container bin. The red release button doesn't really pushes dirt out or the barrel, alot of the time the dirt/dust get stucked at the top of the barrel and need to remove it by hand. Also the opening lid will cover of dust when emptying, so cleaning the lid (especially the plastic rubber seal) is required.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$449.00.

Esther

EstherPaekakariki

Broke just a few months after purchase

I was happily vacuuming the carpet just over 5 months after buying it on boxing Day sales and it snapped broken in my hand. The big extended tube links with a piece to the handle, that piece is glued or fused somehow and it's become unglued. Customer care were nice after an 8' wait on the phone but even though another part will be sent to my home it will take up to 14 days and Customer care representative offered no solution as to how I can manage without vacuuming in the meantime.

Really disappointed that I finally decide to go for the reputable and expensive Dyson brand and it lasts the least of all the vacuum cleaners I have ever had.

Hoping this is not the first of a series of breakdowns and it's just a one off.

Purchased in December 2019 at Noel Leeming Online store for A$350.00.

TAO1

TAO1Auckland

Frustrating

I wanted to love my Dyson but I don’t. I expected more for the price. The suction is good but the fact that the dust container lid pops open occasionally by itself spilling dust everywhere is a huge downside. Dyson keeps saying it’s not supposed to do that but the fact that many reviews complain about this might indicate that it is a design flaw. Very annoying. Wish you would just accept it’s an issue and fix this.

Purchased at Noel Leeming for A$799.00.

jak2015

jak2015Perth, WA

Very little power. No comparison to older Dyson models.

Have only had this vacuum for 8 days and I hate it.

I'm so disappointed. It has very poor suction compared to the DC25 that I have had for 10 years (that was still working up until a fortnight ago).

The vacuum head skips on the carpet every time you pull it back, unless at exactly right angle.

The switch for hard floor or carpet changes on its own while vaccuuming.

When I spoke to Dyson they suggested I buy a different head for it. The part is $135.

If the retailer had a money back guarantee, I would be returning it.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$399.00.

Irene

IreneSydney, NSW

Great vacuum

I used this vacuum for carpet dan floor wood also tile.
Works good and suction.
Its still good until today after 3 years.
Most product dying after 2 years of using.
Worth the money.

Purchased in June 2017.

Elina S.

Elina S.Sydney, NSW

Poor suction. Very disappointed.

Very poor suction through the head.not worth the money. Used on hard floor and carpet. Carpet head was slightly better than the hard floor one but suction still not adequate.

Purchased in May 2020 at Dyson for A$499.00.

Floor Type Wood
mib0004

mib0004Hunter Region, NSW

Very disappointed, not worth the money.

We bought this Dyson after having 15 years faithful service from our previous Dyson.
We are extremely disappointed with the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro.
The problem with this one is mostly the emptying motion. It is like some fancy designer who has never used one got the contract. The bottom flops open and the barrel moves down just enough to cover the fine mesh filter making it difficult to clean out. Then it doesn't always clip back together properly. I am also wondering for the price why did they become so stingy with the cord length. It is about 2m shorter than the old unit and never seems to be just long enough.
The current Dyson cleaners are nowhere near the quality of earlier models. I would never buy one again.

Purchased in January 2019 at Betta Home Living for A$900.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Andrew2Far West, NSW

Design disaster do not buy

The multi floor head is a constant struggle. It makes vacuuming carpets a nightmare. Instead of gliding over the carpet like every other vacuum I have ever used this thing lowers the blue strips that are supposed to be brushes and drags badly. Pushing the head is not possible. You have to lift, place it in position and pull heavily towards you.
The top handle is downright stupid. because it is a loop above the tube, it twists your wrist badly.

Purchased in July 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$690.00.

Jayden G.

Jayden G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed

Works great on tiles, struggles on carpet floors. Has anyone else found it just doesn’t pick a great deal up on carpet floors? I have tried all settings and find I am constantly picking up after it like I do for my infant child. I’ve previously owned older model Dyson that worked great on carpet. Disappointed.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$500.00.

Siggy NowakSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dyson crap

The musclehead of this vacuum cleaner is total rubbish - ridiculously designed. We have had other Dyson vacuum cleaners which were well designed, but this one really "sucks." Suction is so great the muscle head sticks to the the carpet and scratches the polished floors even on the low suction setting. It's not called a "muscle head" for nothing!! So brutal to move - needs to be more like a hovercraft than a limpid clam. The designers certainly need to go back to the drawing boards. Meanwhile here I am cursing and looking for an alternative head with bristles instead of hard plastic ribbing.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$700.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Siggy Nowak

The on/off switch is flimsy and yes the canister emptying mechanism needs more work. For a $700+ vacuum cleaner Dyson is going backwards on this one. Surely no-one has tested it with real people.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Going away from basics - a failed model

Purchased in June 2019 at David Jones.

Olga Moore

Olga MooreGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent vacuum cleaner

Excellent product no bags sucks dust amazingly
Bought on Go MasterCard 60 months interest free $6 service fee per month
Beautiful design top of the range virtually for close to nothing
$24 per month won’t break any budget

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$499.00.

Phoebe S.

Phoebe S.

Nothing to fault! Amazing!

i use this vacuum daily on a number of floor types, wood and tile being the main two. It has never let me down. My family have been customers of Dyson our entire lives and refuse to use anything else. There quality is amazing and dealing with complaint, purchases or anything else is always smooth and a positive experience.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$500.00.

Snoozer

SnoozerCentral Queensland, QLD

I miss my old Dyson

After owning a Dyson for 12 years why would I buy anything else... I was excited to see the benefits of 12 years of R&D how sad it was to go so far backwards and wish I never upgraded. The dust lid doesn't always lock properly and spills dust when you remove it, it is hard to move around especially doors, the attachments are always clogged and had to buy special tooling to disassemble clean the dust and hair from the belt and cogs in the head myself instead of always sending it back for repair. My Wife prefers using my $90 Bunnings shop vacuum as it does a better job.

Purchased in July 2017 at The Good Guys for A$597.00.

Clogging Issues Yes

Dianne

DianneMurray Region, NSW

Not worth the money

Very disappointed with the overall quality and performance. Not enough variation in suction. Emptying the canister is not easy and has often clicked open as it is taken out of it's holder. The on/off switch is too small as is the cord rewind. Vacuum rod is too large and difficult to use. Attachments are poorly designed for the purpose intended.

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for A$499.00.

JB Melbourne

JB MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not as good as my original Dyson

My first Dyson nearly 10 years ago was amazing, this one is still good on hard floors (where I could use a broom) but a real struggle to get carpet clean. I have to scrub the carpet then often pick up a ball of fluff or kids hair my hand & feed it into the suction. Its mildly better than my $70 Aldi special but nearly 10x the price. No its not blocked just ineffective on carpet. Surely I dont have to spend 100s extra on an animal head to actually pick anything up from the carpet? I persisted for 3 months as I was so excited to have a Dyson again but now I just want my money back and a vacuum that works on carpet! Oh, and emptying it is a nightmare, dust everywhere from the cheap plastic release button that often gets stuck!

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys for A$499.00.

Cushla J

Cushla JRichmond-Tweed, NSW

It is a great vacuum

Purchased in August 2018 for A$360.00.

Floor Type Tiles

glidagidaHunter Region, NSW

Very brittle plastic.

Functionally it is a vacuum with strong suction, too strong for carpet without reducing the suction. That said, I am not happy with the construction, after 12 months 3 plastic parts have broken in normal use. Another is failing, the barrel has star cracks on the underside where it is buried in the machine. All told poor construction, the plastic is too brittle.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$450.00.

Brian FNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Disappointed as there is a filter in the apparently filterless vacuum!

Purchased in April 2017 for A$550.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood