Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

2.1

Completely Useless

Purchased in March 2020 at Noel Leeming for A$700.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood
Kate

KateSydney

Avoid Dyson Barrel vacuums- you'll end up carrying the heavy barrel in your other hand.

Purchased in June 2020 at David Jones Online Store for A$397.00.

Floor Type Carpet
TAO1

TAO1Auckland

Frustrating

I wanted to love my Dyson but I don’t. I expected more for the price. The suction is good but the fact that the dust container lid pops open occasionally by itself spilling dust everywhere is a huge downside. Dyson keeps saying it’s not supposed to do that but the fact that many reviews complain about this might indicate that it is a design flaw. Very annoying. Wish you would just accept it’s an issue and fix this.

Purchased at Noel Leeming for A$799.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Andrew2Far West, NSW

Design disaster do not buy

The multi floor head is a constant struggle. It makes vacuuming carpets a nightmare. Instead of gliding over the carpet like every other vacuum I have ever used this thing lowers the blue strips that are supposed to be brushes and drags badly. Pushing the head is not possible. You have to lift, place it in position and pull heavily towards you.
The top handle is downright stupid. because it is a loop above the tube, it twists your wrist badly.

Purchased in July 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$690.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Siggy NowakSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dyson crap

The musclehead of this vacuum cleaner is total rubbish - ridiculously designed. We have had other Dyson vacuum cleaners which were well designed, but this one really "sucks." Suction is so great the muscle head sticks to the the carpet and scratches the polished floors even on the low suction setting. It's not called a "muscle head" for nothing!! So brutal to move - needs to be more like a hovercraft than a limpid clam. The designers certainly need to go back to the drawing boards. Meanwhile here I am cursing and looking for an alternative head with bristles instead of hard plastic ribbing.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$700.00.

Siggy Nowak

The on/off switch is flimsy and yes the canister emptying mechanism needs more work. For a $700+ vacuum cleaner Dyson is going backwards on this one. Surely no-one has tested it with real people.

Dianne

DianneMurray Region, NSW

Not worth the money

Very disappointed with the overall quality and performance. Not enough variation in suction. Emptying the canister is not easy and has often clicked open as it is taken out of it's holder. The on/off switch is too small as is the cord rewind. Vacuum rod is too large and difficult to use. Attachments are poorly designed for the purpose intended.

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for A$499.00.

Brian FNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Disappointed as there is a filter in the apparently filterless vacuum!

Purchased in April 2017 for A$550.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood

First impressions WOW!!! Really Impressed

Daniel S.

Daniel S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just blows dirt around.

We bought the vacuum and have used it once and on all surfaces, especially wooden floors, it just blows the dirt and crumbs around the floor and the intake filter at the top of the head gets covered, from the outside. It is also quite heavy and cumbersome to use on stairs. I even picked up a dust bunny to put it into the vacuum but it still just blew it into my face. I ended up vacuuming my home with the small upholstery attachment, it worked much better than the proper head

Purchased in September 2019 for A$900.00.

SueMurray Region, NSW

The best vacuum I have ever used.

• +3

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Not HappySouth East Queensland, QLD

Forget doing the carpet!

I've found this vacuum ok on hard (tiled) floors but it has the same problem as every other vacuum I've ever used - it doesn't get right into where the floor meets the wall so I have to sweep these areas before I even get the vacuum out.

As for cleaning carpet - forget it! I have tried my vacuum on every possible setting (i.e. the red slide setting mechanism on the cleaning head) and cannot get all the dirt up no matter how many times I go over it.

Sorry, big waste of money!

Would not recommend this vacuum to anyone with carpet of any type.

Purchased in July 2018 at The Good Guys for A$499.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Feel free to email us at auaskdyson@dyson.com your details, a detailed description or videos of what's been happening, and we'll then be happy to help.

Not Happy

I sent my email to the above email address as directed a week ago and haven't heard a word. No acknowledgement of receipt of my email and, indeed, no suggested solution to my problems with this cleaner :-(

Merc Primur

Merc PrimurPerth

Fantastic vacuum but it does have an issue

Purchased in June 2019 at Myer Online Store for A$499.00.

Aoibhinn2

Aoibhinn2Hunter Region, NSW

Wish I had read the reviews first.

Cheap plastic rubbish. Not what you expect from $500 +. Loved my old Dyson, very dissapointed. Hair blocks barrel which needs manual untangling, blocks dirt going into barrel. Musclehead tool plastic has WORN off in 5 months so it now leaves scuffs on timber floor. Asked for refund for faulty lemon, told no only part replacement. And BUY another part. Seriously Dyson, model is a lemon recall it. Customers are fleeing and wont be back.

Purchased in March 2019 at Dyson for A$524.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Liz Wilkinson

Liz WilkinsonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It sucks more than it sucks! And not in a good way!

Floor Type Carpet

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Roslyn

Roslynasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Why is my Cinetic Big Ball Animal Dyson making a loud sort of screaming noise? How do I fix this? Still under warranty.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This isn't a sound we would expect from your Cinetic Big Ball and are keen to assist.

Please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 at your convenience (with your machine handy).

Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Sueasked

Cinetic Big Ball

My brand new Dyson won’t clean a short pile rug! I have used every head and nothing helps, have I just wasted $500

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear about this and are only happy to assist.

Please forward your query, the serial number of your machine and your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly to help.

Meg F.

Meg F.asked

Cinetic Big Ball

Can I use my dyson big ball to vacuum wet carpet? I've rubbed i with nappy san and warm water and also used vanish carpet clean and am wondering if I can vamuum that up.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Dyson vacuum cleaners are designed for use on dry household dust and dirt. Any use on liquids or moisture can cause damage to your machine and is not recommended.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com. If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives