Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball (page 2 of 39)

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (114) · No (58)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (28) · No (145)

unsatisfied customer

unsatisfied customerSydney, NSW

2nd review after owning for 6 months

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $599.00.

Dale RobertsonSydney, NSW

Always had Dyson in last 20years and am disapointed

You take the barrel off every 2nd time and it opens on the floor, I make sure it's clicked in properly ( base to barrel) but it still does it. Is there a fix for this ??? any help would be appreciated

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

DysonDyson

Thank you for reviewing your machine.

Please be assured this is not normal and the barrel should not open by itself. So we are able to assist you further please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our experts will be in touch as soon as possible.

Dale Robertson

Thank you for all your assistance, the new bin has fixed the problem and i am still a Dyson customer thanks again and have a great Christmas

AcheyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not a good choice

Too heavy and cumbersome to move. End up carrying it around the house - which is not ideal. Worst point is that it does not actual suck up the dirt. It kind of pushes everything around and ends up with in clumps, which I guess is easier to pick up. I have no idea why people rave over this brand. Could not be more disappointed.

Purchased in September 2020.

Achey

Hair is not a problem... if it only was so easy. Isn't it a shame that a machine that is called 'multi floor extra' requires extra attachments to work???

sstip

sstipHobart, TAS

It has issues

I have had numerous dysons over the last 25 years. This is by far the least well designed. While suction is excellent. Yes, you have to clean the brushes on the turbo head every now and then but I have to do that on all of them. The main design fault with this dyson is that the barrel, when you want to remove it to empty it, opens up and the contents get emptied all over the vacuum cleaner and your floor. So you have to clean the machine re-assemble it and then vacuum the floor, albeit small portion of it, again. The design of this one is very much bellow par in comparison to other dysons.

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Rosie

RosieSydney, NSW

Scratching My Timber Floors

The suction is quite good on the vacuum cleaner and I like the fact that it is quite compact, however, it is scratching my timber floors and I can no longer use this vacuum cleaner on the timber floors which make up the majority of the flooring in my house.

Purchased in January 2017 for $699.00.

DysonDyson

We certainly wouldn't expect any difficulties using your machine on hard floors and are keen to assist.

Please forward your review, details, and serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to assist.

Audric A.

Audric A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great suction, but starts to leave scratches on wooden floor

I have this Dyson for quite a while now, but since a few weeks it leaves a scratches on my wooden floor.

It looks like the shoe cover below the MuscleHead has become too thin to not make the whole head run without rubbing the floor and leave marks.
Even after putting the head on the minimum suction, it still leaves mark.

I end up not using it anymore. That's a shame because it's my first Dyson.

DysonDyson

We certainly don't design any Dyson machine to do this and are keen to assist.

Please forward your review, details and photos to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch ASAP to assist.

Completely Useless

Purchased in March 2020 at Noel Leeming for $700.00.

Max D.Perth, WA

Really great machine but

Got this machine a few months ago to replace my dc08 turbine after the second motor went out. I had high expectations and they were all met it picks up the dirt like nothing else. the tangle free turbine is a great improvement from older models and I love the fact that’s there’s no filters to clean or replace. there is some downfalls 1. The bin never fills up evenly all the dirt will fill all the way to the top at the back and there will be none at the front of the bin. This is a issue my old Dyson only did when sucked up a lot of dirt at one time. 2. I have read reviews that the bin open randomly and yes that has happened to me but only once. Other than that it’s worth the money and a great product

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Max D.

Thank you for explaining it for me and yes a lot of dog hair gets sucked up

Dyson that didn't live up to it's claims.

I had my Dyson for about 3 years. From the start, I wasn't a fan with my Dyson. I hated cleaning the dust bin. The dirt would stick to the top of the unit. I would have to pull the dirt out and tap it to shake the fine dust out. The dirt at the top of the unit would stick and I would have to rub it off. Recently the suction power has weakened, almost to no suction at all. I empty the dust bin after every use and I still experience loss of suction. It's messy and unpleasant to clean the dust bin. My Dyson was a disappointment and didn't live up to it's claims. I'm going to buy a different kind of vacuum, that I don't have to work so hard to clean.

Purchased in March 2017.

saphire

saphireAdelaide

Not worth the money, unlike older Dysons. Design flaws plague this model.

Purchased in May 2016 at Dyson for $599.25.

Kate

KateSydney

Avoid Dyson Barrel vacuums- you'll end up carrying the heavy barrel in your other hand.

Purchased in June 2020 at David Jones Online Store for $397.00.

Robin R.

Robin R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Doesn’t work well for cars and carpets

I found the suction very poor, does not get the sand off the car carpets and mats easily. My old Electrolux was far better for less than half the price. Also on carpets, it does a poor job with pet hair, it just gathers them into a big ball of hair in front of the head. Very disappointed and planning on returning it ASAP

Purchased in June 2020 at Costco for $499.00.

Paul EnglishIllawarra, NSW

Pneumatic head useless on carpet

After years of a conventional cleaner we decided to go for a Dyson. So far that seems a mistake. We were advised by the salesperson in JB Hi Fi to go for this multi floor pneumatic after describing our floors. It was more expensive dive but we thought this would be good. We can’t even push the head over our medium pile carpet and the finer carpet sticks like a limpet mine. Surely Dyson are smarter than this. So now after more than $500 we still don’t have a vacuum cleaner to clean our house properly. Very disappointed in our first Dyson product.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $540.00.

Paul English

Thanks. We had already tried sliding the +- to minus but the head just pushes hair and small bits and pieces in front of it. Very useless.

DysonDyson

Sorry to hear this. Please get in touch with us and we will be happy to assist finding an alternate floor tool for you.

Alexis

AlexisSydney, NSW

Ideal for small fall and on carpet and tiled surfaces

I used this in a 57sq m carpeted flat and on a tiled bathroom floor and tiled balcony. It is easy to manipulate and manoeuvre. The powerful suction left surfaces dust free. The ejection of debris is easy and the multiple fittings are ideal for all areas. Recommended.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $650.00.

KC

KCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

not as good as the older models

Have been using dyson vacuum for the past twenty years, this is the worst model that I ever had. First, the new quick-release mechanism doesn't work well. Its hard to release or connect it to the main hose or wand. And then the worst part is to empty the container bin. The red release button doesn't really pushes dirt out or the barrel, alot of the time the dirt/dust get stucked at the top of the barrel and need to remove it by hand. Also the opening lid will cover of dust when emptying, so cleaning the lid (especially the plastic rubber seal) is required.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for $449.00.

Esther

EstherPaekakariki

Broke just a few months after purchase

I was happily vacuuming the carpet just over 5 months after buying it on boxing Day sales and it snapped broken in my hand. The big extended tube links with a piece to the handle, that piece is glued or fused somehow and it's become unglued. Customer care were nice after an 8' wait on the phone but even though another part will be sent to my home it will take up to 14 days and Customer care representative offered no solution as to how I can manage without vacuuming in the meantime.

Really disappointed that I finally decide to go for the reputable and expensive Dyson brand and it lasts the least of all the vacuum cleaners I have ever had.

Hoping this is not the first of a series of breakdowns and it's just a one off.

Purchased in December 2019 at Noel Leeming Online store for $350.00.

TAO1

TAO1Auckland

Frustrating

I wanted to love my Dyson but I don’t. I expected more for the price. The suction is good but the fact that the dust container lid pops open occasionally by itself spilling dust everywhere is a huge downside. Dyson keeps saying it’s not supposed to do that but the fact that many reviews complain about this might indicate that it is a design flaw. Very annoying. Wish you would just accept it’s an issue and fix this.

Purchased at Noel Leeming for $799.00.

jak2015

jak2015Perth, WA

Very little power. No comparison to older Dyson models.

Have only had this vacuum for 8 days and I hate it.

I'm so disappointed. It has very poor suction compared to the DC25 that I have had for 10 years (that was still working up until a fortnight ago).

The vacuum head skips on the carpet every time you pull it back, unless at exactly right angle.

The switch for hard floor or carpet changes on its own while vaccuuming.

When I spoke to Dyson they suggested I buy a different head for it. The part is $135.

If the retailer had a money back guarantee, I would be returning it.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $399.00.

MONIQUE P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don’t fall for the hype

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $795.00.

MONIQUE P.

Thanks for your reply, however when I ring what exactly will change? And what will be an outcome. I don’t want to be wasting more of my time with this vac

Irene

IreneSydney, NSW

Great vacuum

I used this vacuum for carpet dan floor wood also tile.
Works good and suction.
Its still good until today after 3 years.
Most product dying after 2 years of using.
Worth the money.

Purchased in June 2017.

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Sherryl R.

Sherryl R.asked

Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

Hi I am wondering where is the filter located for Dyson Cinetic Big Ball allergy

DysonDyson

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball features Dyson Cinetic Science. Dyson Cinetic Science is so efficient, the dust and dirt is separated from the air into the bin, without the need for a washable filter. The machine has a post motor filter which is there to capture carbon dust from the motor however is designed to last the lifetime of the machine without the need to wash/replace it.

Dyson Cinetic Science features ultra-efficient cyclones with Cinetic tips. These tips allow our cyclones to be small, and they vibrate to ensure the ultra-fine dust doesn't clog them, rather, ends up in the bin for you to empty when you have finished your cleaning session.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available and happy to help.You can find ways to get in touch here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

barb

barbasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Our Dyson big ball animal pro is only a couple of months old. The power head spins but doesn’t pick up anything on the carpet , I’ve removed any fluff or anything around the roller. The normal head works fine on hard floors.

DysonDyson

Hi Barb, thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your machine.

Our machines carry a 2 year Dyson Guarantee and we will be more than happy to help resolve this for you. We do require more information and we'd kindly ask you to please reach out to our helpline via phone, email or live chat through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us.

Cindy b

Cindy basked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

I purchased my Dyson cinetic big ball vac in Feb .I am having trouble with the 360 swivel head it keeps clicking out of its place like it is broken it doesn’t seem to lock in . It makes it then impossible to vacuum ,The suction is also extreme and makes it very hard to push on carpet leaving balls of fluff. I do not have pets so no excuse for a lot of hair on my floor, Please advise as I am extremely disappointed

DysonDyson

Hi Cindy, thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear this is happening.

Please be assured our machines come with a 2 year Dyson guarantee, we'd recommend to reach out to our helpline via phone email or live chat through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us.

In regards to the suction one of our experts will ask you a few questions regarding your flooring and provide you the best resolution moving forward.

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball questions

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Compare all 8 Dyson Cinetic Big Ball
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $999.00$899.00$799.00$699.00
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight11.34 kg11.04 kg10.67 kg10.55 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m
Suction (Air Watts)250 AW250 AW250 AW250 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016