Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball (page 2 of 30)

Allergy, Animal, Animal Pro, Multi Floor and Absolute

Best vacuum I ever had

This vacuum is so light and perfect for a small person like me. Easy to maneuver around. Cleaning is simple. So easy to use n suction is amazing. Loving it!!! Don’t think I will go with any other brands after this. I have 4 different vacuum cleaners at home, this is my favourite. Pricy but worth every cent!!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Worst ever vacuum I've ever brought

Firstly, the cleaning shut lid. Its so easily come undone the moment you pick the barrel up to go empty the dirt content.
the power suction is weak, the noise it makes is too loud, it doesn't pick up fluff or animal hair first go but 3 to 5 times over the same area before you can't see any fluff or hair, the connectors holder doesn't stay where it is but slides down the extension handle or pipe and it so easily get clogged up which is disappointing since you have to constantly stop and clean it before you can continue your cleaning.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Absolutely dusgusted

I had a stick vacuum by dyson and loved it until it died, so decided to go out on a limb and purchase the dyson animal pro big ball cinetic for $959, had to convince partner it's worth the investment. Wow I was so very wrong.
After a few months, the wheel came off, sent back to them and it was repaired under warranty.
Then a few months later the retractable cord wouldn't go back in. So wasnt off too a good start. Then the turbo head brush came off in pieces, spits food back on hard floor,
Overall extremely disappointed. I blame myself for trusting Dyson based on my past experience with my dyson stick vacuum, but this vacuum is nothing like the quality of my previous dyson.
I let everyone i talk to know of my buyers remorse and my husband will never let me forget my bad purchase. It's a constant reminder everytime i use it.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Disappointed

The vacuum is stable however we get balls of fluff all over carpet. The head doesn’t seem to pick up mess on floor at all but rather moves it around. Seems that the head of vacuum moves and blows dirt around... vinyl head does same. Only head that works well is small one for car.We bought this as we thought it would make life easier for our mum but it hasn’t. Really disappointing.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Jac, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball machine. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty with your Cinetic Big Ball. While any debris too big to go under the head may be pushed along, your machine shouldn't have any difficulty picking up the majority of dust and dirt from your floors. We would kindly ask you to remove the brushbar from the head, flip the head upside down and check the airways in the head for any obstructions. You can see how to remove the brushbar here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdzQtZp9SJg Hopefully this should get your machine back up and running, however if we can assist further, please email help@dyson.co.nz and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to assist. Best wishes, Shan

Very good especially for pets owners

We bought this Dyson in August last year and it is our very first Dyson. It cleans much better than all the other vacum cleaners we have had. It performs excellent on the carpet sucking up the animal hair! With all the older vacum cleaners we usually have to go back and forth a few times to vacum up most of the hair however with Dyson, it is much easier. I do notice that the fluff and dust accummulate around the legs of our dinning chair seem to reduce significantly. However the trap door of the barrel seem to be a bit difficult to shut after a few times of use. It now takes a couple of pushes for me to eventually shut it and I am always worried that it won't shut at all! The barrel although looks "royal" is a bit difficult to clean externally with all the ridges and groves sticking out. Overall, it is a decent product and it has lived up to its name.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Enya, Thank you for taking the time to review your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball machine. I am pleased to hear you are happy with the performance of your machine, however you shouldn't experience any difficulty when closing the bin. We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to assist. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Shan

Not loving it. Not as good as my old one

Purchased to replace old Dyson that still worked but was time for an upgrade.

Good points:
the turbo head does a great job on my carpet
The cord is longer than the old one

Bad points:
The dust bin is supposed to be no touch, everytime I empty I have to reach in to pull debris out or it would stay in there, even if I shake it.
Clip on the base of dust bin is very flimsy and I doubt will last long. It doesn't close and latch easily.
Emptying is a messy process. The old way of removing the dust bin and up ending into a bin much easier, quicker and cleaner
Power and cord wind buttons are very flimsy
The tangle head is a great idea but very impractical as it is very small.

If I'd known about these things I would not have purchased.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to review your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball machine. I am sorry to hear you are unhappy and experiencing difficulties with your machine, we are happy to help. So we can best assist we would kindly ask you to forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

DO NOT recommend!!

Having had a dc29 for nearly 10 years i excitedly purchased the cordless v10, which is amazing.

Then, due to the size of our house and the frequent vacuuming we purchased a big ball pro.

Mistake! Worst things about it:

1. It’s build quality is poor. The power button and the cord retract button are flimsy plastic just waiting to break.

2. The dust cannistee does not easily seal and the clip is very flimsy, several times now I have removed the dust canister to empty it and it has opened all over the clean floor! Crazy!

3. The handle is flimsy and actually hurts to use - I simply cannot see how this is human friendly.

4. Several times when extending the hose, the connections have pinched my skin and left a decent bruise!!

5. The accceasory attachment that goes on the hose doesn’t stay out and ends up at floor level bashing on everything.

6. It should come with some kind of bag to store the accessories in like the v10 does.

7. The blurb says the connections are “quick release”. They are most definitely not.

8. The auction is average at best. On a hard floor with the correct hard floor tool it spits crumbs and sort out the back so you can really only vacuum forwards.

9. Carpet auction is also average even with the turbine head. I vacuum with this model and then went over it with the v10 and almost filled the canister. I was told by the salesperson that the suction between models was on par. It definitely is not.

10. No thought has been given to storage. It has to be taken apart just to fit it in the cupboard. The hose doesn’t wrap around the body or clip on anywhere. Why would they remove that feature?!

Overall extremely disappointed. Partly my fault for trusting Dyson based on experience, as it seems a lot of people have, but this is nothing like the quality of any previous models.

2/10 - the best positive I can think of is that you don’t have to wash filters

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Jane, Thank you for reviewing your machine. So we can discuss your concerns and assist further, we would kindly ask you to email help@dyson.co.nz and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to assist. Best wishes, Shan

Very disappointed

Two main weaknesses - the clip that stops the dirty contents falling out the bottom of the barrel (as used to empty the cleaner) comes loose very easily as it's so flimsy - many times this has happened when carrying the barrel to the outside bin and contents of barrel end up all over the floor. Secondly, when vacuuming carpet, carpet fluff builds up around nozzle head and inside the connection cylinders which has to be removed manually quite frequently and is not easy to do.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to review your Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro machine. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your Dyson machine. We would kindly ask you to email your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you. Best wishes, Shan

Great vacuum

We bought this to replace an old Dyson which had served us well for 15 years. As I expected it vacuums well with strong suction. The unit is lightweight and moves around easily.
Some of the parts appear to be flimsier than the old machine- the power button, the cord rewind button and the stand to hold the head up when not in use. It feels like they will not be long lasting, but nothing has happened yet.
The lady at Good Guys was very kind and showed me this model compared to the other Dyson models without the spinning head. This one moves easily across the carpet because of the head. On the models without the spinning head, it is hard to move as the suction on the carpet is too strong. I wouldn't have noticed this myself and was originally planning to get the Multifloor. I thought the only difference was the accessories. I am grateful she was honest with me and I got this model.
The storage position for the head and cord is not very good. It's hard to find the latch to hold the cord and it falls off quite a bit.
Overall, a decent machine that does the job well, but some of the finer details have been missed, which I would expect a brand like Dyson to have everything perfect.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Love Dyson but so disappointed in this vacuum cleaner

I found it very heavy to use, the suction head was impossible to push through the carpet, so, after my initial very expensive purchase, I then had to pay over $100 more to buy the turbinehead, which works well but the barrel holding the dust is so small I am having to empty at least three times during each vacuum of my house otherwise the powerhead will not suck up the dust.

I loved my old vacuum cleaner, again a Dyson and the only reason I bought a new one was because they have stopped making the filters for my old cleaner.
To answer the question, it does tip over if it comes into contact will large objects but rights itself, so no, no problem with tipping.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Not as good as expected

The rotating head is not as good anticipated. It does not pick up visible dirt easily. Often it will blow items away from vaccuum. I have to keep going over the area several times before I am satisfied. The rotating head is useless on hard floors for the same reasons.
I bought a hard floor head (unfortunately this was not standard) but this also blows waste away from the head.
I purchased this because of its reputation. It is an expensive machine which I saved for. I am unlikely to recommend it to any one.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Don't buy it!

I've never broken a vacuum cleaner until this one. I snagged it on a door frame and popped the wheel off. So much for no snagging! It couldn't be put back on as its attached to the main frame with a small bit of plastic. It is unstable on carpet and tips going over its own cord. Suction is good but the hard floor head is small and takes ages on a big floor space. Very overrated for the price.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi there, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Absolute. We are sorry to hear this has happened and are keen to assist. Please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST. Best wishes, Samuel

Meh

I used to have a DC29. I adored it from day one. then it died and i bought this. It sucks ok, but the head on it is horrible. It has a swivel up and down action that may have seemed like a good idea but every time you pull the head backwards, it lifts, and every time you push if forward again, it slams down, jarring the wrist. I had to buy an adaptor and switch to my old head, which I had luckily kept. I found the new one an absolute nightmare to use before that, both painful and so annoying I would curse the whole time i was vacuuming and have an aching wrist and elbow afterwards. Emptying it is a pain too. If you don't hold the bottom of the collector as you lift it out, it can open suddenly and drop dirt all over your vacuum, which you can't vacuum up because it is all over where the tub should go! The bottom is also very hard to get to close again after the catch runs down its track. After two years I have still found no reliably easy way to do this. Also, he catches on the different fittings of the handle, hose and pipe move apart a little as it move, and if you get a bit of skin in there when it is open then pinch it when it closes, you end up with weals. Sometimes i wonder if companies test their new equipment in household conditions at al! So, two points for suction, and for having a fitting I could buy to use my old head. Meh.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Love my Dyson!

Love the Dyson Big Ball vac! It’s easy and light weight to maneuver and just as easy to empty! The suction power is like no other I have ever used and cleaning is thorough. I find all the connections that come with the vacuum useful for different areas of cleaning. The adjustable stick is also great for getting into hard to reach places and also convenient to suit the user’s height!
I also love that it takes a few sessions before the barrel needs to be emptied!! The floor head works a treat on tiles too!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Hate it

I have had my cleaner for just under two years and it has continuously had a high pitch squeal. I have had it in at Dyson and they told me that there is nothing wrong with it. As I reported this after 30 days it was basically too bad you are stuck with it. Also it doesn’t vacuum up the dog hair and I have been told I need to buy a different head. I would not recommend this vacuum. Buy another brand if you want your floors cleaned properly because they are very overrated.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Dyson maybe great engineers but have forgotten about the ergonomics for users.

Ok here goes..the carpet head is very noisy..the barrel is constantly getting stuck on corners and tips over.
They have changed the design of the attachments so you can’t use the ones from older machines..the new design has too many guides which makes changing the heads harder..you have to line up slots on the pipe with attachment slots...our major bug bear is that it now stinks of dog when we use it as there is no removable filter to clean. Also the handle material is too hard on your hands..a curved design would be much better..
I feel like the designers have forgotten about the end user.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi there, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson. I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Cinetic Big Ball machine. While we did change the fittings, we also included an adaptor in the box so the majority of non-motorised accessories purchased in the last few years will be able to be used. We are sorry to hear your machine is exhibiting an odour, we recommend carrying out the following steps which may dispel any odour. After emptying you may rinse the clear bin in cold water as per the instructions in your user guide, ensuring that no detergents are used. Please don't remove the bin inner or cone seals whilst washing the clear bin and most importantly ensure that the clear bin is completely dry before placing back onto the machine. Please note that the cyclone top assembly, which attaches on top of the bin, must be removed and is not washable. We also recommend to let the hose, floor tool, bin and wand of your machine air out for 24-48 hours, ideally somewhere safe, dry and sunny. This should help, however if we can assist further, please email help@dyson.co.nz and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help further. Best wishes, Shan

Perfect, can't live without it

No just be careful when going around corners or upstairs. Easy to use and has its own dust bag which I like as you don't have to buy new bags all the time. I wouldn't have any other vacuum cleaner other than a Dyson which I had before so this is my second one.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Love it!!!

I have not had one fault with mine! From day one to now it hasn’t missed a beat.
Absolutely perfect for my floors! Two kids can get pretty darn messy and this makes cleaning a breeze. The suction is perfect for both tiles and carpet. I highly recommend getting one!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

not worth the additional cost

Brought a Dyson 7 years ago and the machine all of a sudden stopped working after only 6 years of use.
Went and brought a new cinetic big ball to try the and give the brand one more chance and yesterday the plastic housing all of a sudden broke off. Good suction but not worth the premuim cost. Should be more durable.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Best Vaccum Cleaner

It is definitely the best. I have two cats, so naturally I would have hair everywhere and the vaccum cleaner gets everything. I have to empty it after about 5 uses so I know it picks up a lot of things. Through I dont think its the easiest to clean.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Hi I purchased this product a week ago, I was excited as it is the first expensive vacuum cleaner that I have ever purchased. I now an regretful as all it does is push the dirt around in the air, Ive checked tutorials etc and have no blockages its hopeless is your product covered under the consumer guarantee act?
We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Dyson machine, we are happy to help. Could you please email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details? Our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get this sorted.

Hello. Our vacuum has almost no suction. Once it is turned on, it is at 100% for about two seconds and then there is an audible sound when the suction is lost. When I take the canister away and put my hand over the hose hole, I can feel full suction but once it is all back together - no such luck. I am not sure which of the big ball ones we have - it is purple if that helps!! :) Looking forward to a positive solution. Cheers ~ Imogen.
Hi Imogen, Thank you for your query. Sorry to hear you are experiencing a loss of suction with your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball machine, we are happy to help. We would kindly ask you to go through the troubleshooting outlined in the video via this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxpwmCPj6uU This should help you get your machine back up and running, however if you still experiencing a loss of suction, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get this sorted for you.Hello. The video didn't address the issue at all I am afraid. I had already watched that video however it was good to view it again..just in case. I will now need to e-mail to the address you supplied - thank you for that contact. Regards,

The cy22. when you turn it on dust comes out of the exhaust.even when canister is off ,I hold my hand over the suction hole then remove my hand and a huge amount of dust comes out.why?
Hi there, Thank you for your query. We are sorry to hear about this. We certainly wouldn't expect this behaviour from any Dyson machine. For assistance we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.We sent it out to be serviced.. thank you

Cinetic Big Ball Animal ProCinetic Big Ball AnimalCinetic Big Ball AllergyCinetic Big Ball Multi FloorCinetic Big Ball Absolute
Price (RRP) $999.00$899.00$799.00$699.00$849.00
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNoNo
Weight11.34 kg11.04 kg10.67 kg10.55 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length 6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m
Suction (Air Watts) 250 AW250 AW250 AW250 AW250 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016