Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball (page 2 of 38)

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

3.6

Sanja3766

Sanja3766Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

One badly designed vacuum cleaner for a lot of money!

Purchased in March 2020 for A$499.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Dyson Team ..Dyson

Motors in these are absolute rubbish

My Dyson Animal lasted two years. It's use has been household carpet and vinyl flooring. A few days ago the unit started producing a screaming sound which I took to be a bearing failure. I fitted a new motor and. Upon examining the old motor found the end cap on the motor housing had fatigued totally and allowed the amature to contact the outer section. The casing is unbelievably thin.

Purchased in September 2018 for A$699.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Clogging Issues Yes
Elina S.

Elina S.Sydney, NSW

Poor suction. Very disappointed.

Very poor suction through the head.not worth the money. Used on hard floor and carpet. Carpet head was slightly better than the hard floor one but suction still not adequate.

Purchased in May 2020 at Dyson for A$499.00.

Floor Type Wood

mib0004

mib0004Hunter Region, NSW

Very disappointed, not worth the money.

We bought this Dyson after having 15 years faithful service from our previous Dyson.
We are extremely disappointed with the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro.
The problem with this one is mostly the emptying motion. It is like some fancy designer who has never used one got the contract. The bottom flops open and the barrel moves down just enough to cover the fine mesh filter making it difficult to clean out. Then it doesn't always clip back together properly. I am also wondering for the price why did they become so stingy with the cord length. It is about 2m shorter than the old unit and never seems to be just long enough.
The current Dyson cleaners are nowhere near the quality of earlier models. I would never buy one again.

Purchased in January 2019 at Betta Home Living for A$900.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Nat

NatHobart, TAS

Not worth It

Purchased 3 years ago & only tried to use it twice before putting it in garage as after going over an over fluff on the carpet I had to bend down and pick it up. ( So just use my v6 slim cordless) Thought it was my carpet 3 yrs later it’s still new so just tried on my mums carpet as it’s been just sitting in the box unused and the same thing happens it sucks on your hand but picks hardly anything up after 10mins use the V6 slim again is full in minutes!!

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Product is used Rarely

Andrew2Far West, NSW

Design disaster do not buy

The multi floor head is a constant struggle. It makes vacuuming carpets a nightmare. Instead of gliding over the carpet like every other vacuum I have ever used this thing lowers the blue strips that are supposed to be brushes and drags badly. Pushing the head is not possible. You have to lift, place it in position and pull heavily towards you.
The top handle is downright stupid. because it is a loop above the tube, it twists your wrist badly.

Purchased in July 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$690.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
VG1

VG1South East Queensland, QLD

What a piece of rubbish

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Jayden G.

Jayden G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed

Works great on tiles, struggles on carpet floors. Has anyone else found it just doesn’t pick a great deal up on carpet floors? I have tried all settings and find I am constantly picking up after it like I do for my infant child. I’ve previously owned older model Dyson that worked great on carpet. Disappointed.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$500.00.

Siggy NowakSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dyson crap

The musclehead of this vacuum cleaner is total rubbish - ridiculously designed. We have had other Dyson vacuum cleaners which were well designed, but this one really "sucks." Suction is so great the muscle head sticks to the the carpet and scratches the polished floors even on the low suction setting. It's not called a "muscle head" for nothing!! So brutal to move - needs to be more like a hovercraft than a limpid clam. The designers certainly need to go back to the drawing boards. Meanwhile here I am cursing and looking for an alternative head with bristles instead of hard plastic ribbing.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$700.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Siggy Nowak

The on/off switch is flimsy and yes the canister emptying mechanism needs more work. For a $700+ vacuum cleaner Dyson is going backwards on this one. Surely no-one has tested it with real people.

Find out how Dyson Cinetic Big Ball compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Going away from basics - a failed model

Purchased in June 2019 at David Jones.

Dodokebab

DodokebabSouth East Queensland, QLD

Picks up so much unseen dirt!

Just purchased this today from Harvey Norman Everton Park. It blows out a large amount of heat. However the amount of dirt it sucked up was outstanding! Actually I was horrified at how much dirt there was in my bedroom! I emptied the barre twice for one bedroom!! And I vacuum regularly - obviously my old vac was not so good after all!!!! The tools are light weight to counteract the heavy barrel. The tools are very useful and there’s plenty of choice and an extra head in the box. I was pleasantly surprised at all the extra tools. The one for cleaning skirting boards worked a charm!! I’d recommend it.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$675.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Ryan G.

Ryan G.

Perfect Vacuum!

Small and easy to store, but has great suction. Keeps the house clean and so very easy to look after. Capacity of the dust collection could be greater, but apart from that a great product.

Tayla S.

Tayla S.Northeast, VIC

Love my Dyson

I have only had this product for 2 months but absolute loving it!!
So easy to move around and the results are great 10x better than my previous vacuum.

Great on all floor types and even great in the car !!

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$600.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Olga Moore

Olga MooreGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent vacuum cleaner

Excellent product no bags sucks dust amazingly
Bought on Go MasterCard 60 months interest free $6 service fee per month
Beautiful design top of the range virtually for close to nothing
$24 per month won’t break any budget

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$499.00.

Phoebe S.

Phoebe S.

Nothing to fault! Amazing!

i use this vacuum daily on a number of floor types, wood and tile being the main two. It has never let me down. My family have been customers of Dyson our entire lives and refuse to use anything else. There quality is amazing and dealing with complaint, purchases or anything else is always smooth and a positive experience.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$500.00.

Product is used Daily

tjz25

tjz25Sydney, NSW

Good to very good, lives up to advertised specifications

dragana0282

dragana0282Southwest, VIC

I believe in dyson and this is dissapointing.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$750.00.

Product is used Daily
Judith S.

Judith S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do Not Buy Dyson, Never again Dyson

Purchased in May 2018 at The Good Guys for A$800.00.

Clogging Issues Yes
Tricia Griffiths

Tricia GriffithsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed.

My first Dyson lasted over 30years. It was wonderful. I purchased another 18months ago and I more than disappointed with it. It’s terrible. The brush had already worn. And my new carpets(3yrs) look dirty all time. Tricia Griffiths.

larissa.antusoa

larissa.antusoaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Zero Stars - Don't waste your money

Purchased in January 2019.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

kraayclan

kraayclanasked

Cinetic Big Ball

my new dyson big ball origin head doesn't seem to pick up dirt rather it just pushes it around causing me to have to lift the head up and place it down on top of dust to get it clean

Mindab1980
Mindab1980

I had the same problem.
l had to purchase a carbon fibre turbine head of the Dyson website. Not ideal to fork out an extra $120 but now I get a really good clean.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Any debris too large to fit under the floor tool may be pushed along the floor. For larger debris such as this, we would encourage either placing the floor tool directly on top of the debris, or removing the floor tool and using the included combination tool to clean these up.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Shelley

Shelleyasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Hi , I have a dyson cinetic big ball which has started blowing lots of dust out the back of the ball. The filters appear to be clean. What do you think is wrong with it and how do I get it working properly again. It is less than a year old.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We certainly wouldn't anticipate your Cinetic Big Ball machine to expel dust from the exhaust of the machine.

Please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting with a resolution.

SusieD
SusieD

Ours has started doing this too, lots of dust blowing out the back. I will also try calling Dyson for advice.

Roslyn

Roslynasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Why is my Cinetic Big Ball Animal Dyson making a loud sort of screaming noise? How do I fix this? Still under warranty.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This isn't a sound we would expect from your Cinetic Big Ball and are keen to assist.

Please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 at your convenience (with your machine handy).

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives