Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball (page 3 of 38)

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

3.6

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (103) · No (54)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (27) · No (131)

dragana0282

dragana0282Southwest, VIC

I believe in dyson and this is dissapointing.

Judith S.

Judith S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do Not Buy Dyson, Never again Dyson

Tricia Griffiths

Tricia GriffithsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed.

My first Dyson lasted over 30years. It was wonderful. I purchased another 18months ago and I more than disappointed with it. It’s terrible. The brush had already worn. And my new carpets(3yrs) look dirty all time. Tricia Griffiths.

larissa.antusoa

larissa.antusoaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Zero Stars - Don't waste your money

DysonDyson

Not for long fur, weak suction

We bought this as we have four long haired pets. Be warned the animal description only applies to short fur, not long fur which immediately blocks the head.
When we complained the Dyson rep sounded like this isn't the first time they have heard this issue.

Very weak suction, have to go over everything twice. Have gone back to our 6 year old electrolux which is far more powerful. Dyson appears to be nothing but marketing hype.

wintopCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Another bitterly disappointed Dyson customer...

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear you are disappointed with your new Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro.

We are keen to assist and discuss your concerns further. If you could please forward your details and review to auaskdyson@dyson.com we will be in touch shortly.

Snoozer

SnoozerCentral Queensland, QLD

I miss my old Dyson

After owning a Dyson for 12 years why would I buy anything else... I was excited to see the benefits of 12 years of R&D how sad it was to go so far backwards and wish I never upgraded. The dust lid doesn't always lock properly and spills dust when you remove it, it is hard to move around especially doors, the attachments are always clogged and had to buy special tooling to disassemble clean the dust and hair from the belt and cogs in the head myself instead of always sending it back for repair. My Wife prefers using my $90 Bunnings shop vacuum as it does a better job.

Dianne

DianneMurray Region, NSW

Not worth the money

Very disappointed with the overall quality and performance. Not enough variation in suction. Emptying the canister is not easy and has often clicked open as it is taken out of it's holder. The on/off switch is too small as is the cord rewind. Vacuum rod is too large and difficult to use. Attachments are poorly designed for the purpose intended.

Popples

PopplesCurtin 2605, ACT

Not Great.

Was initially happy with this cleaner. Had issues with the multi floor head after about 12 months of use, it kept lifting off the floor and losing suction. Dyson kindly replaced the head, but with a different one, not the same as came with the purchase. Whether its the new head or not,bit seems to have loss suction, skims over the floor without picking up dirt/dust. Have previously been a Vax user but went with a Dyson on friend and family recommendations. Should have stuck with a Vax.

DysonDyson

We can confirm auaskdyson@dyson.com is our email address, however this may need to be written into a new email as opposed to copying and pasting. Apologies for any confusion.

JB Melbourne

JB MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not as good as my original Dyson

My first Dyson nearly 10 years ago was amazing, this one is still good on hard floors (where I could use a broom) but a real struggle to get carpet clean. I have to scrub the carpet then often pick up a ball of fluff or kids hair my hand & feed it into the suction. Its mildly better than my $70 Aldi special but nearly 10x the price. No its not blocked just ineffective on carpet. Surely I dont have to spend 100s extra on an animal head to actually pick anything up from the carpet? I persisted for 3 months as I was so excited to have a Dyson again but now I just want my money back and a vacuum that works on carpet! Oh, and emptying it is a nightmare, dust everywhere from the cheap plastic release button that often gets stuck!

Crfa

CrfaSydney, NSW

Love it

I used this on hardwood floos as qell as carpet. It never tips over and if it does it fixes itself because of its unique shaoe and texture. The only issue i have with it is that its heavy to carry up the stairs and my house is 2 floors but other than that its very powerful and i even use it on my lounges

Cushla J

Cushla JRichmond-Tweed, NSW

It is a great vacuum

JacSouth Australia

Worst model

This unit is terrible , Ive had it for 2years and now the rotating head wont rotate, suction is awful even after emptying barrel.
Head is forever flicking up more dirt than it sucks in .

Jac

Thank you , Ive done the above a couple of times and unfortunately its still not rotating . I will send my details as instructed above .

webmate

webmate

Don't buy into the Dyson hype

The suction levels on the vacuum are poor - refer video. On timber floors it won't pick up anything larger than a grain of rice on first sweep. I have to pick up multiple items by hand as it's faster than moving the vacuum head back and forth again and again. The on/off and cord retractor buttons seem to be fagile, however in fairness I could be wrong. But their size and placement make it difficult to use anything but hands. When emptying the vacuum it has opened unexpectedly on multiple occasions, dumping dust on clean floors. And its quite difficult to get the bottom door of the dust receptacle to stay closed. It's truly awful!

adam

adamWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Love dyson

My dyson cinetic big ball animal arrived today FANTASTIC MACHINE......
Anyone thinking if buying a dyson dont hesitate you will love it. All i am waiting on now is the 3 free accessories to arrive..

glidagidaHunter Region, NSW

Very brittle plastic.

Functionally it is a vacuum with strong suction, too strong for carpet without reducing the suction. That said, I am not happy with the construction, after 12 months 3 plastic parts have broken in normal use. Another is failing, the barrel has star cracks on the underside where it is buried in the machine. All told poor construction, the plastic is too brittle.

Brian FNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Disappointed as there is a filter in the apparently filterless vacuum!

Shay

ShayWestern Australia

Love this vaccuum

Ive had my dyson vacuum for 3 years now. Perfect for all floors, including carpets. I have 2 dogs, and small childern. No issues picking up mess. Does need cleaned put regularly though!

Glorious Target

Glorious TargetPerth, WA

Good product

This product is strong and has lots of little pieces that can help me with my vacuuming. I bought it mainly for my cats hairs on the sofa and it does that so good.

headwerkn

headwerknLaunceston, TAS

A very well made, high performing vac that's worth a look if you want mains power - and can use all the accessories.

• +3
See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Heather L.

Heather L.asked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Where are the filters

DysonDyson

Your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball machine features Dyson Cinetic Science which means it has no filters you need to wash, replace or change. Just empty the bin when the dust reaches the MAX line to ensure it performs as it should (you can see how to do this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDs8l7msca0)

While there is a post motor filter built into the ball, this filter is designed to last the lifetime of your machine with no need for maintenance.

If we can assist further, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com, we are happy to help.

If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Kylee

Kyleeasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

Why does mine smell bad when it has never been wet or vacuumed up wet material? How do you clean it thoroughly?

DysonDyson

If a smell is coming from your machine, this can indicate either something with a strong scent or some dust containing a high moisture content has been vacuumed up. We recommend carrying out the following steps which may dispel any odour.

After emptying you may rinse the clear bin in cold water, ensuring that no detergents are used. Please don't remove the seals whilst washing the clear bin and most importantly ensure that the clear bin is completely dry before placing back onto the machine. Please note that the cyclone top assembly, which attaches on top of the bin, must be removed and is not washable. You can find instructions on how to remove the cyclone here: https://support.dyson.com.au/supportHome.aspx/Vacuums/Cylinders/Dyson-Cinetic-Big-Ball/214892-01/maintaining-your-dyson-machine/cleaning-the-bin

We also recommend to let the hose, floor tool and wand of your machine air out for 24-48 hours, ideally somewhere safe, dry and sunny.

If you find the odour persists, or we can assist further, please call us on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm.

Darren
Darren

our Big Ball Animal Dyson started exhausting a foul smell as well.
Turned out it was the cyclone filter system. Despite emptying the bin out and cleaning it thoroughly, it still smelt horrible

I ended up completely disassembling the cyclone filter (BIG job) and found a huge amount of muck stuck inside all over the filter and the air jets. Some were completely clogged. Turned out my partner had used one of those carpet cleaning powders which I think are slightly damp as well. It's gone through the entire filter system and gummed it all up inside. I had to pull the entire filter apart and clean all the parts individually. I then soaked all the parts in a mix of water and mild detergent overnight. Dried it all out with compressed air and then re-assembled. Smell is now gone and suction is as good as new now.

We since found out that you should never use powder carpet cleaners in bag-less vacuums.... lesson learned. Fortunately it seems the powder didn't make it to the motor, which seems to have survived.....

kraayclan

kraayclanasked

Cinetic Big Ball

my new dyson big ball origin head doesn't seem to pick up dirt rather it just pushes it around causing me to have to lift the head up and place it down on top of dust to get it clean

Mindab1980
Mindab1980

I had the same problem.
l had to purchase a carbon fibre turbine head of the Dyson website. Not ideal to fork out an extra $120 but now I get a really good clean.

DysonDyson

Any debris too large to fit under the floor tool may be pushed along the floor. For larger debris such as this, we would encourage either placing the floor tool directly on top of the debris, or removing the floor tool and using the included combination tool to clean these up.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 8 Dyson Cinetic Big Ball
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) A$999.00A$899.00A$799.00A$699.00
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight11.34 kg11.04 kg10.67 kg10.55 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m
Suction (Air Watts)250 AW250 AW250 AW250 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016