Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball (page 3 of 3)

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

3.2

Not HappySouth East Queensland, QLD

Forget doing the carpet!

I've found this vacuum ok on hard (tiled) floors but it has the same problem as every other vacuum I've ever used - it doesn't get right into where the floor meets the wall so I have to sweep these areas before I even get the vacuum out.

As for cleaning carpet - forget it! I have tried my vacuum on every possible setting (i.e. the red slide setting mechanism on the cleaning head) and cannot get all the dirt up no matter how many times I go over it.

Sorry, big waste of money!

Would not recommend this vacuum to anyone with carpet of any type.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Feel free to email us at auaskdyson@dyson.com your details, a detailed description or videos of what's been happening, and we'll then be happy to help.

Not Happy

I sent my email to the above email address as directed a week ago and haven't heard a word. No acknowledgement of receipt of my email and, indeed, no suggested solution to my problems with this cleaner :-(

Brooke

BrookeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Big ball animal

This is a fantastic vacuum cleaner I love my Dyson. It has great suction we have hard floor and carpet so does the job well, great attachments easy to use

rustyblueCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

great suction, pity about the plastic

Although its a great suction unit for getting dog hair off almost everything (with 3 goldens its a must !) I find that the brush bar is not very long lasting - and tends to break off easily - I have had to replace it once in the first 12 months, so that was okay, under warranty, and now it has happened again over the last couple of months, the machine itself is out of warranty, but the brush is only 12 months old, so waiting to see if under warranty - hope so, these days things are not made to last -

rustyblue

Have been in touch...sent all relevant info when asked, but have not yet heard back as to a replacement.

Tammy Parnell

Tammy ParnellPerth, WA

Don't Waste Your Money

I saved my money to by this product as it was all that you heard was the best brand money could buy. I had purchased a Miele cat and dog previously but was sick and tired of having to buy bags for it . So I changed. What a terrible decision that was. The first time I used it fabulous heavy duty suction. Then the next time a bit less and within a month no better than the cheap vacuums. So disappointed with this as I spent a lot of money on it. Will never buy another Dyson product overated.

Sally

SallyHobart, TAS

Animal Hair Beware - it’s gone!

Outstanding suction on this vacuum. It has the capacity to collect large particles through to fine dust and handles a range of floor types from carpet to polished concrete. It comes with an attachment to clean animal hair off material furniture which is amazing. It is outstanding for those with lung health issues.

zany

zanyHobart, TAS

Great suction vacuum cleaner

This cleaner has great suction and you really notice the difference after using a standard cleaner or even a ducted system. The cord retracts like V8 racing car and is easy to empty as well.
If I had to find a 'fault' it would be that when you remove the barrel to empty it the catch on the bottom of the barrel doesn't always attach/close properly and you end up with a mess on the floor when the bottom flap opens. To be fair I showed the agent this problem and they replaced the barrel for me. I still have to be very careful to manually push to catch to make sure it is closed. It seems to be a design fault. Not sure if it needs a larger clip or what could rectify this but in all I love my Dyson.

E.Egan

E.EganHunter Region, NSW

Easy to use and no filter

Easy to use, great suction and no cleaning of the filter required. The additional attachments are great for stairs and blinds and the new handle means it's easy to push around.

Merc Primur

Merc PrimurPerth

Fantastic vacuum but it does have an issue

Aoibhinn2

Aoibhinn2Hunter Region, NSW

Wish I had read the reviews first.

Cheap plastic rubbish. Not what you expect from $500 +. Loved my old Dyson, very dissapointed. Hair blocks barrel which needs manual untangling, blocks dirt going into barrel. Musclehead tool plastic has WORN off in 5 months so it now leaves scuffs on timber floor. Asked for refund for faulty lemon, told no only part replacement. And BUY another part. Seriously Dyson, model is a lemon recall it. Customers are fleeing and wont be back.

Liz Wilkinson

Liz WilkinsonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It sucks more than it sucks! And not in a good way!

Mitch B.

Mitch B.Perth, WA

Waste of money

Had an old school Dyson years ago and have fumbled our way through a myriad of cheaper alternatives for about 10 years.
Latest purchase was a Big ball allergy - quietly Hoping for quality once again.
Alas, it’s rubbish- outer wheel cover snapped off within 4 weeks. Persevered without it as needed a vacuum cleaner and now the head just flicks crap everywhere and it doesn’t pick anything up. $5 dustpan from BUNNINGS would out perform it.
Now the warranty cycle begins. More cheap plastic crap on the market, trust eroded.

Douglas82

Douglas82Sydney, NSW

Design Fault = expensive repair

Sharon C.

Sharon C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Best ..Have had so many!

Everyone has their thing, mine seems to be vacuums, 2 story house with carpet. Have had a couple of Volta's which were ok a Dyson DC08 which seemed to have little suction after awhile.. This one is great (purple model) It is a bit loud and the cat runs a mile but is 10/10. The design makes it easy to use on a staircase as is not bulky. Def recommend!

Kylie

KylieSouthwest, VIC

Love Dyson I use it on carpet and Lino

I use it on carpet and Lino The suction on the Dyson vacuum is fantastic has never tipped over I will never buy A different brand ever again Dyson is the number one

John Smith

John Smith

Overpriced Junk

Items get stuck in the brush head and you have to manually remove them. The opening in the brush head for item to go into the vacuum is too small and regularly clogs with dust. Emptying the capacity bin is difficult and clumsy. The quick release handle broke on the vacuum and Dyson does not have this part available on their website. Considering the price for this vacuum I expected much better performance.

CAW

CAW

Not very hardy

Plastic bits are unfortunately easy to break when teenage boys use the vacuum cleaner so now it’s useless-have contacted company about parts via email no response as yet-hope they can replace the part

j.tidyman

j.tidyman

I want my old Dyson upright back!!!

Previously had a Dyson upright, decided to upgrade as a xmas gift for the house 2 years ago. From the moment i used for the first time I disliked the new dyson ball. The pipe/wand and attachments are flimsy, and feel very cheap. Im always weary not to put to much pressure on them in case they break. I feel the older model upright Dyson did 100% better job and would revert back to an upright if they still made them.

Kye

KyeSouth East Queensland, QLD

I absolutely HATE this machine

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Roslyn

Roslynasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Why is my Cinetic Big Ball Animal Dyson making a loud sort of screaming noise? How do I fix this? Still under warranty.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This isn't a sound we would expect from your Cinetic Big Ball and are keen to assist.

Please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 at your convenience (with your machine handy).

Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Sue

Sueasked

Cinetic Big Ball

My brand new Dyson won’t clean a short pile rug! I have used every head and nothing helps, have I just wasted $500

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear about this and are only happy to assist.

Please forward your query, the serial number of your machine and your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly to help.

Meg F.

Meg F.asked

Cinetic Big Ball

Can I use my dyson big ball to vacuum wet carpet? I've rubbed i with nappy san and warm water and also used vanish carpet clean and am wondering if I can vamuum that up.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Dyson vacuum cleaners are designed for use on dry household dust and dirt. Any use on liquids or moisture can cause damage to your machine and is not recommended.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com. If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives