Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball (page 4 of 5)

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

3.4

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (100) · No
  • Clogging Issues Yes (19) · No (81)

DaniGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

best in its class

Kie, Sydney

Kie, Sydney

Powerful and superb functioning vacuum but cumbersome

PaulandJaneCentral, SA

Am I comparing apples to oranges?

PaulandJane

Thankyou for this, I'll look at these links, I think that all of this information should be included with the instructions and at the very least labelling should also be on the instructions. I have internet access but not everyone uses the internet.

Stevedi

StevediCentral Queensland, QLD

Good enough suction, but don’t buy because you loved the Dyson Classic.

Brooke

BrookeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Big ball animal

This is a fantastic vacuum cleaner I love my Dyson. It has great suction we have hard floor and carpet so does the job well, great attachments easy to use

Renee

ReneeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Vacuum Cleaner I have ever owned - don't waste your money

rustyblueCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

great suction, pity about the plastic

Although its a great suction unit for getting dog hair off almost everything (with 3 goldens its a must !) I find that the brush bar is not very long lasting - and tends to break off easily - I have had to replace it once in the first 12 months, so that was okay, under warranty, and now it has happened again over the last couple of months, the machine itself is out of warranty, but the brush is only 12 months old, so waiting to see if under warranty - hope so, these days things are not made to last -

rustyblue

Have been in touch...sent all relevant info when asked, but have not yet heard back as to a replacement.

Momma-Sar

Momma-SarPerth, WA

Great all round vacuum

I love this vacuum. We have a cat who sheds all year round so we have to vacuum very regularly. We have tiled floors as well as a few rugs through the house and it is great for day to day use. It doesn’t quite get all the bits off of a plush rug in comparison to our last vacuum so you have to spend quite some time going back and forth but for a flat rug and the floor boards it’s perfect. As it’s a ball vacuum, I’ve not experienced it tipping over when pulling it around like I have with others similar. The only thing I’d prefer is longer bristles on the head as when vacuuming the timber floor, it can sometimes scratch so you have to be careful.

Tammy Parnell

Tammy ParnellPerth, WA

Don't Waste Your Money

I saved my money to by this product as it was all that you heard was the best brand money could buy. I had purchased a Miele cat and dog previously but was sick and tired of having to buy bags for it . So I changed. What a terrible decision that was. The first time I used it fabulous heavy duty suction. Then the next time a bit less and within a month no better than the cheap vacuums. So disappointed with this as I spent a lot of money on it. Will never buy another Dyson product overated.

abdul

abdulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best vacuum I have used in years

It's a great vacuum all round the mucsel head tool, the extensible pole and all the attachments it comes with.
The suction is awesome and pick up a lot of dirt and pet hair from the carpet. It's cinetic technology is great. The barrel is big so you can do the whole house before it needs to be emptied. And the other feature I like is there is no filter to clean

Jen H

Jen HWimmera, VIC

Powerful suck

I use this vacuum predominantly on hard floor. It is very powerful. It's very easy to maintain. Please note that all bagless vacuum cleaners need to have their filters cleaned regularly for optimum performance.

Esther

EstherSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dyson for BIG Family

I use the vacuum over different types of flooring - tiles and carpet
I have found that it is fantastic depending on which head you use. The one that is standard works reasonably ok.
It is definitely the best vacuum I have used but for the money...........it could be better

Sally

SallyHobart, TAS

Animal Hair Beware - it’s gone!

Outstanding suction on this vacuum. It has the capacity to collect large particles through to fine dust and handles a range of floor types from carpet to polished concrete. It comes with an attachment to clean animal hair off material furniture which is amazing. It is outstanding for those with lung health issues.

zany

zanyHobart, TAS

Great suction vacuum cleaner

This cleaner has great suction and you really notice the difference after using a standard cleaner or even a ducted system. The cord retracts like V8 racing car and is easy to empty as well.
If I had to find a 'fault' it would be that when you remove the barrel to empty it the catch on the bottom of the barrel doesn't always attach/close properly and you end up with a mess on the floor when the bottom flap opens. To be fair I showed the agent this problem and they replaced the barrel for me. I still have to be very careful to manually push to catch to make sure it is closed. It seems to be a design fault. Not sure if it needs a larger clip or what could rectify this but in all I love my Dyson.

E.Egan

E.EganHunter Region, NSW

Easy to use and no filter

Easy to use, great suction and no cleaning of the filter required. The additional attachments are great for stairs and blinds and the new handle means it's easy to push around.

Jacky B

Jacky BSydney, NSW

Great Suction minimal effort

So far so good. I have hard floors and multiple rugs and I needed a vacuum that would cope well with both. The suction on the rugs is fantastic. I like my stick for small jobs but this is a serious cleaner. I note the on off switch and cord retraction buttons are flimsy compared to previous machines so the jury is still out on those but the machine is easy to use and effortless the move around.

Kathryn Holwell

Kathryn HolwellHunter Region, NSW

Cheap plastic

Clip on the barrel always gets stuck after emptying the barrel and I have to hold down clip to close barrel. Multi floor head works good on timber floors, brought turbo head separately for my rugs. I like the extra tools that come with the vacuum and the cord has a good length. But the vacuum cleaner plastic components feel cheap

jodiev1980

jodiev1980South West, WA

So Disappointed! Wish I'd read the Reviews!

Mitch B.

Mitch B.Perth, WA

Waste of money

Had an old school Dyson years ago and have fumbled our way through a myriad of cheaper alternatives for about 10 years.
Latest purchase was a Big ball allergy - quietly Hoping for quality once again.
Alas, it’s rubbish- outer wheel cover snapped off within 4 weeks. Persevered without it as needed a vacuum cleaner and now the head just flicks crap everywhere and it doesn’t pick anything up. $5 dustpan from BUNNINGS would out perform it.
Now the warranty cycle begins. More cheap plastic crap on the market, trust eroded.

Greg O.

Greg O.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Biggest mistake Dyson have ever made . Useless if you have dirt or dust in your carpet.

I was forced to buy a new dyson when my old upright burned out the head motor after getting some hair caught in it. Until then it was the best ever. I could not get a replacement motor for it so I went ahead and purchased the Cinetic Big Ball Animal. On the first clean of the floor it blocked the non replaceable filter inside, and started blowing dust all around the room. When I tried to contact dyson Australia to resolve the problem I got a message saying that they were no longer taking support Phone Calls. And I checked on their website and it reflected that there were too many calls for them to answer so they shut the lines down. Beware as this is not a good sign. I am very worried.

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Roslyn

Roslynasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Why is my Cinetic Big Ball Animal Dyson making a loud sort of screaming noise? How do I fix this? Still under warranty.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This isn't a sound we would expect from your Cinetic Big Ball and are keen to assist.

Please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 at your convenience (with your machine handy).

Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Sue

Sueasked

Cinetic Big Ball

My brand new Dyson won’t clean a short pile rug! I have used every head and nothing helps, have I just wasted $500

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear about this and are only happy to assist.

Please forward your query, the serial number of your machine and your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly to help.

Meg F.

Meg F.asked

Cinetic Big Ball

Can I use my dyson big ball to vacuum wet carpet? I've rubbed i with nappy san and warm water and also used vanish carpet clean and am wondering if I can vamuum that up.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Dyson vacuum cleaners are designed for use on dry household dust and dirt. Any use on liquids or moisture can cause damage to your machine and is not recommended.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com. If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives