Dyson Desk Fan AM06

Dyson Desk Fan AM06

MPNs: 301201-01, 30120101, 301203-01 and 4 more

See the Best Standalone Fans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

High pitched noise on rotate

Purchased in Jan, by April it was making a high pitched whistle similar to plastic scratching, gradually getting louder each week. Especially bad on rotate. Not good if you want to sleep.

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $360.00.

Noise Level
Power
We certainly wouldn't expect a Dyson Cool machine to make a whistling noise when in use and will be happy to help get this sorted. Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly.

Do not buy dyson

Do not buy these products
Especially from their own webpage

1) bought the table fan it broke within 2 hours of normal use
2) after waiting 30 mins on the phone to get through to someone they said I could return it and with the same delivery I would get a new fan
3) the pick up came to take the fan but with no replacement
I was then travelling with no time to ring about this
4) the fan came back with a note saying- nothing needed to be fixed as it was fine
5) the fan again broke this time after 5 mins.
6) sent at least 10 emails only to get automatic replies saying we could not get a refund.
7) It has taken a month to organise a refund on this product (close to the date where I am no longer able to get a refund). I am organising the sending of this from overseas.

Basically- don't buy DYSON.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Solid unit if you want to spend the cash.

Leave this on top of a table in my room (which has no real source of air) during the summer at night.

Very quiet and efficient with power. Easy to maintain with a rag and sits nicely in the living room design wise. Definitely a nice to have but only if you have some spare change or get it during deal periods/sales.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

So disappointed with customer service. Very expensive fan that died after not even 3 months

My mum paid $389 in Oct 2017 from Good Guys. It died last week during the heat wave here in Adel. Wouldn't turn/rotate either on manual or remotely. Just died. My mum took it back to Good Guys. They told her it would be quicker to take it directly to the Dyson agent. So back in the car she has to go. Dyson agent said it will take 2 weeks to decide what the problem is & how they're going to solve it. Thanks for nothing. My elderly mother should have been offered a replacement right there and then! Usual story of bad customer service. I hope Dyson are able to sort this problem out sooner rather than later. Feel free to contact me!

Expensive desk fan

Expected a lot more from this desk fan given the hefty price tag. At high speeds, the fan is rather noisy. I suppose i bought the phone from the novelty of not having blades. On the plus side, it is easy to clean. Would i recommend it? Only if you have lots of spare cash!

Date PurchasedJan 2009

Makes our home office liveable!

We're completely satisfied with our purchase of the Dyson. We've a small home office with no air-con, and this moves more than enough air to be able to work comfortably all day in warm temperatures. Having heard the previous model, this is as advertised much quieter, however on maximum speed, you may want some background ambient music. The timer setting is handy as the office doubles as a bedroom, so we can cool it and forget about it overnight. A nifty little machine with a small desk footprint that is handy at cooling a small room.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

What a great little fan ...but oh, the price!

What a terrific little fan! I guess, at the price point, it should probably make coffee too though!

Your mileage may vary. I bought this Dyson AM06 on special, and it was still around $240. That's about the most I've ever spent on a fan before, but I was keen having it in my office for the lower noise level and smooth airflow. There's positive's an negatives to all this.

The AM06 is nicely packaged, requiring minor assembly before use (basically attaching the ring to the base). It comes with a neat little IR remote, which is actually handy in most circumstances (easier to use the remote than the buttons on the base of the fan, which won't control all the functions anyway). The "fan" in this unit actually sits in the bottom portion, drawing air in through the base of the fan and directing it out through the ring mounted atop. The air comes out quite smoothly, avoiding much of the 'buffeting' or vibration associated with caged blade fans. It also provides less of the regular fan noise, though at higher speed it will make a higher pitched sound.

My wife tried stealing it for the bedroom during some hot nights, but the bright LED on the base drove her nuts!

Pros: Fairly quiet; smooth air delivery; looks quite cool and has excellent build quality; the bright LED on the base prevents light sleepers' from stealing it for the bedroom.

Cons: It's oh so expensive; The higher pitched noise at high speeds may annoy some; the button on the base is not easy to use and will not control all functions; the LED on the base is very bright, so may annoy those who prefer a dark bedroom at night; not the most airflow (but good for desk use)

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Perfect

This is perfect for moving around air, made the purchase as the fan has no blades. Right decision as kids touch it often. Great for a room which doesn’t get cool air and is quiet also so can be left on at nighttime. Considering purchasing another one for another room. Recommended

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Excellent product

The lightest fan I have owned and is so easy to use. The power is strong and it has up to 10 different levels from weak to strong. Easily control by the remote control and it has a timer that you can set so it can shut itself in the midnight. Quiet but is a bit loud on the higher levels. Easy to clean.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

A beautiful but pricey fan

The Dyson Desk Fan is beautifully designed and engineered, and has clearly been made with high quality parts. The functions of the fan include speed adjustment, a timer option, and a button to activate oscillation, which are all fairly handy. The fan packs a punch in terms of power but can be quite noisy when set to higher speeds and can get quite hot.

Great design, average wind

The fan has an excellent design and blends in nicely with my room decor. The fan itself doesn’t product that much wind movement and it sucks in dust which is impossible to clean out, to the best of my knowledge. The dust particles stick to the leading edge of the fan as well making it difficult to wipe off. It can be considered noisy but I don’t mind that too much.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Beautifully Designed

Another beautiful product from Dyson. Excellent engineering and beautifully designed. High finished and well thought thru design. We used it on many warm and hot night, set the timer and sleep. Abit on the pricy side but no other fan match the looks and function. Can get abit noisy at high speed.

Good fan but pricey

It has all you need in a fan, with adjustable fan speed and option to set a timer, and the choice of swing or no swing mode. I can't say I have any complaints with the fan as it has performed everything I've needed it for.
It's quite elegant and nice compared to typical pedestal fans and there's no dust blown around when it's used.
The only downside is the price, which is quite expensive compared to the cheap $20-30 fans you can get which basically perform the same function.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Absolute lifesaver

I am More than satisfied with my new Dyson fan. This was an unregretful purchase and very very happy with this product. Will not regret ever buying this. I can assure you that your Money will be well worth spent. Best things I've ever bought for summer in my life

Date PurchasedDec 2017

not convinced it's better than a basic fan

So i thought i'd buy in to the hype of Dyson with the pedestal fan, It has speed settings 1-10, which is basically on, or off for me livining a warm climate. Is it worth the money compared to a basic $20 desk fan bought in cheap stores, I'm not convinced.

However, it is a quiet device so if you need to use a similar device in the bedroom while you sleep it may be a positive. Also positive is the fact there are no spinning blades in the exposed part ie the main fan so it's pretty safe from that perspective also, if that is a consideration for you.

It also comes with a decent warranty, 2 years when you register the purchase... but you should expect that with the associated price tag think.

It looks cool, but does it do any better than an el-cheapo fan from a high street store, possibly not, but depending on how/where it is used it may be better than the alternative. On the fence for this review.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Simply Fabulous Fan...

I bought this fan along with a Dyson vacuum cleaner. There was a discount for buying both products. I have already reviewed the vaccum. (V7Animal.)
I could not be happier with the fan. It is quite simply the best fan we have ever had for use in the bedroom. It is quiet , powerful, and works like a dream. You have a remote to control the strength of fan blast, plus a timer control, and choice to occilate or keep still. Both movement and still work equally well. The look is streamlined and modern. We chose cobalt blue as we have varying shades of blue for a peaceful bedroom. It blends beautifully. I don't know how the hec it works with no blades, but I am mightily impressed.
Superb product.

Awesome Fan

It’s quiet, efficient and a great design . It’s not cheap but it is quality and these days you get what you pay for ! If you think it’s too expensive then go buy some cheap knock off and compare the build quality. Dyson product are always cutting edge and worth every cent.

Good but pricey

Well this a Dyson product so it's well built but pricey.
Bought online and it was delivered increadably fast. Well packed.
The fan has a small foot print on table. Easy to use controls including oscillation.
No blades to damage and this makes it easy to clean.
Except for that fact you could easily buy 3 good fans for the price

Date PurchasedJul 2017

This Dyson fan simply blows.

We bought this fan because we thought it looked cool and was confident it would do the simple task of providing us with air circulation. It did not.
We turned it on for the first time at 9pm, and by 3am we had both been woken up by the sound of plastic rubbing and ticking noises. The fact is... this fan only works when its not oscillating. When it turns from side to side it made enough noise to wake us from a deep, deep sleep.
Keep your money and get something for 1/3 the price... or even get a $30 pedestal from Bunnings.
Dyson has great marketing but fails with basic functionality. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with unusual noises from your Dyson Cool fan. This is not to be expected. Please email askdyson@dyson.com.au with your details and we will be happy to help. Best wishes, Shan Facebook.com/Dyson

Absolute trash

This fan is the absolute worst thing you could ever waste money on, i paid $360 for a fan that is loud, blows like a 60 year old pack a day smoker and is very loud.

A $15 box fan outperforms this utter piece of trash in every way possible.

Date PurchasedJul 2014