Dyson Desk Fan AM06

Dyson Desk Fan AM06

MPNs: 301201-01, 30120101, 301203-01 and 4 more

See the Best Standalone Fans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Blake73763

Blake73763

Just a fan but a good one

Yes it's just a fan. I ummed and ahhhed a long time. I live in SEQ and it's hot as b_lls much of the year. I like to perch at the dining table at the lap top and had a kmart $15 job, that is a trooper but minimum setting mega and loud too. This is a very nice bit of gear (for a plastic fan - but does look smart). Buy it if you can afford it, you don't need it. But I like it.

Purchased in November 2019 for $339.00.

Noise Level

Joel

JoelSydney, NSW

High pitched noise on rotate

Purchased in Jan, by April it was making a high pitched whistle similar to plastic scratching, gradually getting louder each week. Especially bad on rotate. Not good if you want to sleep.

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $360.00.

Noise Level
Power
Dyson Team ..Dyson

We certainly wouldn't expect a Dyson Cool machine to make a whistling noise when in use and will be happy to help get this sorted.

Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly.

Jojo

JojoBerlin

Do not buy dyson

Date PurchasedJul 2018
mercurial

mercurialGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Solid unit if you want to spend the cash.

Leave this on top of a table in my room (which has no real source of air) during the summer at night.

Very quiet and efficient with power. Easy to maintain with a rag and sits nicely in the living room design wise. Definitely a nice to have but only if you have some spare change or get it during deal periods/sales.

TMM

TMMAdelaide

So disappointed with customer service. Very expensive fan that died after not even 3 months

My mum paid $389 in Oct 2017 from Good Guys. It died last week during the heat wave here in Adel. Wouldn't turn/rotate either on manual or remotely. Just died. My mum took it back to Good Guys. They told her it would be quicker to take it directly to the Dyson agent. So back in the car she has to go. Dyson agent said it will take 2 weeks to decide what the problem is & how they're going to solve it. Thanks for nothing. My elderly mother should have been offered a replacement right there and then! Usual story of bad customer service. I hope Dyson are able to sort this problem out sooner rather than later. Feel free to contact me!

Looster

LoosterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Expensive desk fan

Expected a lot more from this desk fan given the hefty price tag. At high speeds, the fan is rather noisy. I suppose i bought the phone from the novelty of not having blades. On the plus side, it is easy to clean. Would i recommend it? Only if you have lots of spare cash!

Date PurchasedJan 2009

Chris

ChrisGosford

Makes our home office liveable!

We're completely satisfied with our purchase of the Dyson. We've a small home office with no air-con, and this moves more than enough air to be able to work comfortably all day in warm temperatures. Having heard the previous model, this is as advertised much quieter, however on maximum speed, you may want some background ambient music. The timer setting is handy as the office doubles as a bedroom, so we can cool it and forget about it overnight. A nifty little machine with a small desk footprint that is handy at cooling a small room.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Damien P

Damien PCanberra 2600, ACT

What a great little fan ...but oh, the price!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Lis

Lis

Perfect

This is perfect for moving around air, made the purchase as the fan has no blades. Right decision as kids touch it often. Great for a room which doesn’t get cool air and is quiet also so can be left on at nighttime. Considering purchasing another one for another room. Recommended

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Amber S

Amber SSydney

Excellent product

The lightest fan I have owned and is so easy to use. The power is strong and it has up to 10 different levels from weak to strong. Easily control by the remote control and it has a timer that you can set so it can shut itself in the midnight. Quiet but is a bit loud on the higher levels. Easy to clean.

Vicky

VickySydney

A beautiful but pricey fan

The Dyson Desk Fan is beautifully designed and engineered, and has clearly been made with high quality parts. The functions of the fan include speed adjustment, a timer option, and a button to activate oscillation, which are all fairly handy. The fan packs a punch in terms of power but can be quite noisy when set to higher speeds and can get quite hot.

J Law

J LawBrisbane

Great design, average wind

The fan has an excellent design and blends in nicely with my room decor. The fan itself doesn’t product that much wind movement and it sucks in dust which is impossible to clean out, to the best of my knowledge. The dust particles stick to the leading edge of the fan as well making it difficult to wipe off. It can be considered noisy but I don’t mind that too much.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

sim

sim

Beautifully Designed

Another beautiful product from Dyson. Excellent engineering and beautifully designed. High finished and well thought thru design. We used it on many warm and hot night, set the timer and sleep. Abit on the pricy side but no other fan match the looks and function. Can get abit noisy at high speed.

Tim

TimSydney

Good fan but pricey

It has all you need in a fan, with adjustable fan speed and option to set a timer, and the choice of swing or no swing mode. I can't say I have any complaints with the fan as it has performed everything I've needed it for.
It's quite elegant and nice compared to typical pedestal fans and there's no dust blown around when it's used.
The only downside is the price, which is quite expensive compared to the cheap $20-30 fans you can get which basically perform the same function.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Absolute lifesaver

I am More than satisfied with my new Dyson fan. This was an unregretful purchase and very very happy with this product. Will not regret ever buying this. I can assure you that your Money will be well worth spent. Best things I've ever bought for summer in my life

Date PurchasedDec 2017
ColinW

ColinWGold Coast QLD

not convinced it's better than a basic fan

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Winter

WinterMelbourne

Simply Fabulous Fan...

I bought this fan along with a Dyson vacuum cleaner. There was a discount for buying both products. I have already reviewed the vaccum. (V7Animal.)
I could not be happier with the fan. It is quite simply the best fan we have ever had for use in the bedroom. It is quiet , powerful, and works like a dream. You have a remote to control the strength of fan blast, plus a timer control, and choice to occilate or keep still. Both movement and still work equally well. The look is streamlined and modern. We chose cobalt blue as we have varying shades of blue for a peaceful bedroom. It blends beautifully. I don't know how the hec it works with no blades, but I am mightily impressed.
Superb product.

Awesome Fan

It’s quiet, efficient and a great design . It’s not cheap but it is quality and these days you get what you pay for ! If you think it’s too expensive then go buy some cheap knock off and compare the build quality. Dyson product are always cutting edge and worth every cent.

Joseph Leeton

Joseph LeetonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good but pricey

Well this a Dyson product so it's well built but pricey.
Bought online and it was delivered increadably fast. Well packed.
The fan has a small foot print on table. Easy to use controls including oscillation.
No blades to damage and this makes it easy to clean.
Except for that fact you could easily buy 3 good fans for the price

Date PurchasedJul 2017

This Dyson fan simply blows.

We bought this fan because we thought it looked cool and was confident it would do the simple task of providing us with air circulation. It did not.
We turned it on for the first time at 9pm, and by 3am we had both been woken up by the sound of plastic rubbing and ticking noises. The fact is... this fan only works when its not oscillating. When it turns from side to side it made enough noise to wake us from a deep, deep sleep.
Keep your money and get something for 1/3 the price... or even get a $30 pedestal from Bunnings.
Dyson has great marketing but fails with basic functionality. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Date PurchasedMar 2017