Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal

18 questions from our users

topcatok

topcatokasked

Cyclone V10 Animal

Hi my V10 animal is temperamental , it sometimes wont switch off after releasing the trigger switch .The switch is not stuck in .Any advice please

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This is certainly not what we would expect. To get this resolved please give our Dyson Experts a call with your machine handy. Our helpline is available via 1800 239 766 Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Carrie H.asked

Cyclone V10 Animal

I have watched your unblocking post below, but I my blockage light is still remaining on even though there appears to be no blockage is there any thing else you can recommend to try please ?

Cathy M.
Cathy M.

Spent hours trying to get that blockage light off !! Then, I brushed 'blew' and wiped the metal holes piece exposed when the other washable filter was being washed ... Voila !

Carrie H.

Thank you , I now have a working hover!

Rob R.
Rob R.

Well!! I'm in my wife's good books now, all I did was to follow your advice and blow on the metal holey thingy!! Thanks for a great tip!!

Joyce Y.

Joyce Y.asked

Cyclone V10 Animal

The dust cup fills to the full line on one side only. Is it normal that it fills unevenly like this? I empty it when the one side is full as i don't want to overfill it. This vacuum is only two months old

Dyson Team ..Dyson

When dust enters the bin it is spun out of the airflow. At the bottom of the dust bin there is a plastic baffles to catch the dirt/hair/fluff and keep it down. If it wasn’t going to be caught, this debris would keep spinning and negatively affect the performance of the machine.

The way your dust bin fills depends on a number of factors, primarily the type of dust and dirt, and also the speed in which the particles enter the dust bin. If the majority of your debris is smaller, such as dust particles, sand, grit etc, it is more likely to evenly fill the bin bottom to top (think like a glass held unevenly under the tap).

If more carpet fibres, hairs threads etc are sucked through the machine, the fibres can catch onto each other as they spin through the dust bin. The baffle at the bottom will catch them, and they will tend to bundle together and build up and out from the one spot.

We hope this has satisfactorily answered your query today. If we can be of any further assistance or further information is required please email our Dyson Experts on auaskdyson@dyson.com or call us on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST.

Rob

Robasked

Cyclone V10 Animal

Hi I have a problem with the V10 assembly bin handle really stiff to release to point where I feel it’s gonna break , I have cleaned it though , can’t see any damage , but still stiff it get the bin off , any ideas please?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

While it may be slightly stiff when new, we certainly wouldn't expect the bin of your V10 machine to be hard to release.

Please give our helpline a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our Dyson Experts are available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Toni A.

Toni A.asked

Cyclone V10 Animal

I just received mine and I’ve only used it once. When it’s fully charged, it only works for 5 mins before it stops and the light indicators are telling me it needs to be recharged again. Please help. It’s brand new!!

Shirl
Shirl

take it back to where you purchased it. you have 30 days to get a refund.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

To confirm, the V10 has three modes of suction; Max, mode two and mode one. With the motorised head attached the machine will provide up to 35 minutes on mode one, 20 minutes on mode two and 5 minutes on Max. Without using a motorised tool it can run up to 60 minutes on mode one, 30 minutes on mode two and 5 minutes on Max.

You can find a video explaining these modes and how to switch between them on https://youtu.be/mWElDYPJMBo.

We hope this helps, however if we can assist further, please forward your details and a link to this question to auaskdyson@dyson.com. Our Dyson Experts will only be happy to help.

Kelly D.

Kelly D.asked

Cyclone V10 Animal

I've been having the same problem as above, my filters have been cleaned to perfection and after running for about 5 minutes, my filter light comes on and stays on. My filters are spotless. What gives?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear the filter light on your machine is persistently on. Understanding the filter is clean, we would kindly ask you to check your machine for any obstructions as outlined here: youtube.com/watch?v=jjOc0Ah-vYE).

If this continues, we kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts who will be happy to help. Our team are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and 1800 239 766 (please just have your machine handy when you call). Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Leesaasked

Cyclone V10 Animal

Hi just wondering can you buy separately the head for tiled or hard floors with this model cheers

Scott L.
Scott L.

I have the head for tile and hard floors but never use it. The normal head works just fine

Leesa

So it doesn’t scratch tiles at all I have just moved house with tiled shiny floors thought it might scratch that’s all. I wished it came with the this model might still look into buying it. Is there a reason you don’t use it and how much roughly did it cost? For the tiled head cheers

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Apologies for any disappointment, however the Soft Roller Cleaner Head isn't available as an accessory for machines that didn't come with it originally.

That being said, please be assured the Direct Drive cleaner head included with your V10 Animal is designed to clean across both carpets and hard floors. Just check the base of the cleaner head and the brushbar for anything untoward (any damage, anything stuck etc) prior to moving to hard floors.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Kate L

Kate Lasked

Cyclone V10 Animal

I needed to clean the filter so rinsed it through waited for it to dry then put it back on but now it won't work and won't charge. When I press the trigger 3 blue solid lights show?

Shanahan
Shanahan

Sorry cant help - not had that problem - maybe filter still wet - manual says 24 hours to dry. Thats one of the reasons I dislike this vacuum so much. I get half way thru cleaning my house and the filter needs cleaning so to have to wait 24 hours before I can finish the job.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear about this. So we can get this sorted, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com wioth your details. Our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly and happy to help get this sorted.

Sharon G.
Sharon G.

Kate did you get anywhere with this -
Im having exact same problem

Haras

Harasasked

Cyclone V10 Animal

Cleaned filter, has been drying outside for last 72 hours. When we attach filter back on and turn clockwise the vacuum works for two seconds then shuts off and filter light flashes. Any help?

Margaret E.
Margaret E.

I wash the filter and dry inside and attach and when I use the filter light comes on. I’ve noticed the filter looks worn a bit fluffy so I’ve ordered a new filter . Hoping the filter works for more than a few minutes before blocking again !

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear the filter light on your machine is persistently on, we are happy to help.

Understanding you have washed, dried, and reinstalled the filter, we would kindly encourage you to check your machine for blockages (as outlined here: youtube.com/watch?v=jjOc0Ah-vYE). If this continues, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get this sorted.

Jen R

Jen Rasked

Cyclone V10 Animal

I've washed the filter, let dry then re-connected it now the vacuum won't turn on. I have all blue lights but nothing happens when I pull the trigger.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear your Cyclone V10 machine isn't turning on. We are keen to get this sorted for you.

We kindly ask for you to forward your details (please also include the serial number of your machine) through to our Dyson Experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com. Once recieved, we will be in touch to assist.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Norman V.
Norman V.

I have the exact same issue. Very Frustrating.

Lisa H.
Lisa H.

My machine is only 12 months old. Had nothing but trouble with it. Just been using it for 10 minutes, emptied it but a new clean filter on and it wont turn on... had this happen so many times now. How are you supposed to clean a house when the dam machine keeps refusing to turn on.

Karl

Karlasked

Cyclone V10 Animal

My V10 won't charge, only 4 months old, red flashing indicator when plugged in to charge not blue light or charging. Help?

Daniel Theo
Daniel Theo

Critical error
Contact Dyson on Tel: 1800 239 766

Hi Karl,

Thank you for your query.

I am sorry to hear about this, we are happy to help.

So we can best assist, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get this sorted.

Tiffanyasked

Cyclone V10 Animal

Do you have to change heads from carpet to tiles?

Hi Tiffany,

Thank you for your query.

The Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal comes with one main floor tool, the Direct Drive Cleaner Head. This floor tool can be used across both hard floors and carpets, with stiff nylon bristles to agitate carpets and soft carbon fibre bristles to reduce static and increase fine dust pickup.

I hope this helps, however if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help.

B Dubs

B Dubsasked

Cyclone V10 Animal

I just bought a V10, can I use my V8 charger?

MansfieldJohno
MansfieldJohno

You would need to ask Dyson this question.

Hi there,

Thank you for your query.

Apologies for any disappointment, however the V10 has different electrics compared to the V8, so the V10 has a newly designed charger which you would need to use.

If we can assist with any further queries, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

Derek C

Derek Casked

Cyclone V10 Animal

Very disappointed in the battery life of the V10 cyclone. Ran it on Max setting with a full charge and it lasted 6 minutes. I could barely vacuum 1 room before it died and we have a 3000 sq ft. 2 story house. At this rate I will have to charge it 6 or 7 times to vacuum the entire house. I know i can decrease the suction for a little longer use but on Max, it removes all dirt/dust that the other 2 settings leave behind. Is this normal? Probably wouldn't have purchased this had i known

Anthony  Williams
Anthony Williams

Hey Derek....I've the same cleaner and my battery lasts heaps longer than that (on full power) - I'd gEtc Dyson to check the battery

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your question.

You can find a video explaining run times on each mode on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWElDYPJMBo.

If you have any further questions or require any further assistance please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 or email aucustomercare@dyson.com. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST.

Samuel

Sharn
Sharn

This happened to me too. I wish I had looked into the v10 running time before I brought it. I have had nothing but trouble with it since I brought it. I've returned it twice. I vacuum one room and flat battery then have to wait 3.5 hours before I can use it again. I have a cheap vacuum I brought to vacuum the cars and that one gets used in the house now while my $1000.00 vacuum is an ornament on the wall.

Cathy K

Cathy Kasked

Cyclone V10 Animal

I have just cleaned the filter on v10 and replaced when dry but the vacuum won't start even though powered. Any ideas?

B.M.
B.M.

Sorry, no. I haven't come across that problem YET.

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for your query.

I am sorry to hear your Dyson Cyclone V10 isn't powering on. We are happy to help.

So we can best assist, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Rebecca W
Rebecca W

This is happening to mine as well. Have you been able to resolve it?

Mikeyb

Mikeybasked

Cyclone V10 Animal

Hello. I Just purchased the Dyson v10 animal. And it was working perfectly for about 2 months. I use it two or three times a week. We have 2 dogs but they don’t shed a lot. But I would charge it once the battery went thru it’s full cycle. No all of a sudden it won’t work. When I take it out of the docking station , which is plugged in, I press the trigger and the battery indicator lights up showing full capacity but the vac does not come on. What gives? This sux especially after spending $600.00.

Rod B
Rod B

Sounds like it should still be under warranty.

Hi

Yes I agree the Warranty is 12months take it back to the store you bought it from explain to them you cannot be without the Vac .
Or just take it directly to Dyson themselves and ask for an immediate replacement.

Julieasked

Cyclone V10 Animal

Is this comparable to the DC23 motor head which I love but has broken beyond repair? I need it mainly for my carpets as have another dyson hand held for hard floors

Maz
Maz

I’m not sure as this is the first Dyson I’ve ever bought. All I can say is the suction on mine is as good if not better than any other vacuum I’ve ever owned. Cheers.

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your question. The airflow is more efficient with the Cyclone V10, as the air and debris goes in a short straight line to the bin rather than curving through a long hose as it would with a barrel machine. It also has a powerful direct drive motorized head so it picks up very well for such a compact battery operated machine. The Cyclone V10 Animal will work both on carpet as well as hard floor.

If you have any further questions, or if you would like us to book in your DC23 for a service centre inspection please email our Dyson experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, the machine's serial number and a description of the issue and we will be happy to help.

Mira
www.facebook.com/dyson

Kate

Kateasked

Cyclone V10 Animal

How long will the vacuum last on each setting before running out of battery please?

Dave
Dave

Up to 1 hour just as a handheld with no non powered tools.Low power with powered tools attached up to 35 min med power up to 25min and 5 min on full suction.I can do my 4 bedroom home on low no problems,hope this helps.

Hi Kate,

Thanks for your question.

The following video explains the various power modes and runtimes for this machine:

If you have any further questions or need assistance please email us at auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

Mira
www.facebook.com/dyson

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives