16Dyson Cyclone V10

Dyson Cyclone V10 Questions & Answers

16Dyson Cyclone V10
Louise C.
Louise C. · Cyclone V10 Absolute +

My v10 is allowing debris to pass above the max fill line and it is collecting in the top half of the bin, not the bottom. I keep getting the blockage light and the machine pulses. It does this even when I’ve just emptied it. How do I stop debris collecting in the top half of the bin ? The bottom half has none in it!

Debra
Debra · Cyclone V10 Absolute +

Why does the dust in the canister seem to go to one side rather than spread out evenly throughout the canister?

Doreen B.
Doreen B. · Cyclone V10

The dust does not go into the canister but remains within the centre core. I have cleared it checked it is free put in new filter but it still does the same.

Esther S.
Esther S.

I found the Dyson stick vacuum to be the most difficult to clean and operate. It does not work efficiently and the cleaning of it is simply a nightmare as it is not easy to get access to the areas that need cleaning. My advise to you would be to get another vacuum cleaner. We bought one for a hundred dollars from Aldi and it is easy to clean and works efficiently compared to the many hundreds of dollars we spent on a Dyson thinking we were getting a machine that would be superior and last many years. The opposite is the case. The Dyson company relies on problems with their machine so they can constantly be receiving money for new parts. They have a whole department committed to this. Never buy a Dyson.

David W.
David W. · Cyclone V10

Why does the wand wobble on my v10 and is there any way to fix it?

Dyson   DM

Hi David, thanks for reaching out. If you wish to discuss your concerns, please reach out to our experts for support:
external link

Mev C.
Mev C. · Cyclone V10

Why does my filter light remain on even with a new filter? Previous filters have always been thoroughly dried before fitting and the v10 has been completely cleaned using an air line. Help

Hi Mev C, please follow the guide here: external link

If the issue persists, please reach out to our experts for support:
external link

David L.
David L. · Cyclone V10

Charge point on handle seems to have gorn to far for charger to reach

Dyson   DM

This is very strange to hear. Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via Facebook Messenger, Live Chat or phone and we will only be happy to help. You can find our contact details here: external link

Perry j
Perry j · Cyclone V10

The dust is filling up the whole canister instead of only filling in the lower section. Why is this happening.

sahar s.
sahar s. · Cyclone V10

Why my Dyson 10 crashed some garbage like pill and blowing out instead sucking in ?

Dyson   DM

This certainly isn't the way the Dyson Cyclone V10 is designed to operate. Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via Facebook Messenger, Live Chat or phone and we will only be happy to help. You can find our contact details here: external link

Jude W
Jude W · Cyclone V10 Absolute +

Since the length of time that the battery is operational is an issue .. are you able to use a heavy duty extension cord plugged into theV10 that will continue charging while the machine is in use? Thus extending the battery life?

Dyson help
Dyson help · Cyclone V10

My Dyson v10 will continue running even if I’m not holding the trigger.what is wrong with it.

Dyson   DM

It sounds like something not quite right is happening within the main body of your Dyson Cyclone V10.

For best assistance, we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger, you can find our contact details here: external link

Tony
Tony · Cyclone V10

Should the filter light be on while the machine is running?

Michèle Gascoigne
Michèle Gascoigne · Cyclone V10 Animal

My v10 animal only works when my hand is over the nossel.
I've cleaned the filter, there is no blockage, put a new battery, still won't work. 3 blue lites not flashing.
Help

queglay
queglay

You might want to try buying another 2 filters. If the filter is even slightly damp before use, it will probably have been destroyed because the dust will muddy up inside it.
2 is a good idea for this sub par product so you dont risk using one that might be even borderline damp.

5Riven · Cyclone V10

Why is it that my dyson wont pickup while dragging backwards only forward.

Dyson   DM

While any debris too big to fit under the head may not be picked up on either the forward or back stroke, we wouldn't anticipate any difficulties with the pickup performance otherwise.

If we can assist further with this or any other queries, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. You can find our contact details here: external link

5Riven

This is normal small size debris not large. The vacuum wont pickup going backwards as a result all the debris piles up behind you and you have to go back and pickup it all up again going in a forward motion. I know a few others who have this problem and it just adds to vacuuming time. I have also used both power heads and the same thing applies.

Christine M.
Christine M. · Cyclone V10

The filter light comes on even after it has been kleened and dried. Plus fitted correctly why does this happen?

Dyson   DM

If the filter light keeps coming on after the filter has been washed and thoroughly dried, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via Facebook Messenger, Live Chat or phone so we can assist further. Our contact details and chat links can be found here: external link

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Mike C.
Mike C. · Cyclone V10

The cannister on my V10 jams when I try to open it. The red lever allows ot to slide a few inches then it stops. It's not sufficient to expose the red release clip. If tried using a small screwdriver to press it down but still no joy. Any ideas

Dyson   DM

This is certainly not what we would expect and would encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts for best assistance. You can find our contact details and ways to get in touch here: external link

Rawn
Rawn · Cyclone V10

Hi. My v10 is fully charged. When i remove from the charge station, i get a flash of 3 blue lights and nothing. Any help would be appreciated

Dyson   DM

This certainly doesn't sound normal and we are keen to help get this sorted. So we can more accurately diagnose this and aid with a resolution, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via live chat, Facebook Messenger or phone. You can find our contact details here: external link

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Mad Max
Mad Max

I have the same issue. wht s the reason for that?

Mike B
Mike B · Cyclone V10

Dyson Cyclone V10 when I attach the smaller tools, the upholstery tool and the plastic crevice tool, the motor surges or pulses on the high setting. It will run on medium and low just fine. I cleaned the entire thing thoroughly including the filter. The indicator light says there is blockage in the tube somewhere but it’s all clear and clean...What can I do?

Dyson   DM

Understanding you have checked the machine, we would encourage viewing this video to ensure all areas of the machine have been checked: external link . We suggest this as a pulsing sound indicates a restriction in the airways through your machine.

If the difficulty continues, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts who are only happy to help. You can find our contact details here: external link

Sefora A.
Sefora A. · Cyclone V10 Motorhead

Hi, my vacuum cleaner looks like it has a full battery even though it is flashing. it starts for a second and then stops. what is the problem ?

Dyson   DM

Thank you for your question. If you are finding that your machine is turning on and off this may indicate a blockage and we would recommend running through the checks outlined on external link  & external link .

Should the issue persist we'd kindly ask you to please reach out to our helpline via phone, live chat or message through external link

Eugenie T
Eugenie T · Cyclone V10

Stupid me, I used my vacuum with a wet filter. It stopped working so I tried to dry it and leave it rest for a few days/week. After 3 weeks it still doesn’t work and a red light is on. My question is: if I buy a new battery will it fix the problem? Or did the water went in the motor? Can I change the motor? Thank you

Dyson   DM

Hi Eugenie, Thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear this has happened. Dyson machines are designed to indicate what part is causing the issue by the light on the machine. That being said we would usually recommend to send the machine through to our service centre for a full inspection.

So we are able to further discuss we'd kindly ask you to please message us at https://m.me/DysonAustralia on Messenger or reach out via our other methods of contact at external link  with the serial number of your machine.

jesse
jesse · Cyclone V10

The dust goes past where it is supposed to, it won't fill up the lower part of bin first ?

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Select a listing for your question
Dyson Cyclone V10