Dyson Cyclone V10

173 questions from our users

Geoff W

Geoff Wasked

Cyclone V10

dyson v10 absolute pluse brush head jammed, only used a couple of times. and still spotless. Can feel the motor try when pressing the trigger but brush head will not turn. Any ideas?

Jenni W.

Jenni W.asked

Cyclone V10

My Dyson loses charge quite quickly after charging I’m lucky to get a bedroom done now as previously I was able to get all the house done ... suggestions pls :)

Sharon M.

Sharon M.asked

Cyclone V10

Help hoover only work when hand over hole at suction, when you go to apply pipe for tools it stops working...any ideas

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This can indicate there is a restriction in the airways of your machine. We encourage running through this video to check your machine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjOc0Ah-vYE

If this doesn't get your machine back up and running, please give our Dyson Experts a call with your machine handy. Our helpline is available via 1800 239 766 Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Debbieasked

Cyclone V10 Absolute +

I’d like to know why there aren’t any instructions for individual attachments included when I bought my v10 absolute + brand new. Instead I have to go looking online each time I want to use an attachment to know which to use. Would be good to have had a hard copy within the box at purchase to refer to. Im Still none the wiser even after looking online.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear of this. You can find a video here showing the tools and their uses via this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCaR442DqjM Please note, not all tools shown come with all machines.

This should help you get the most out of the accessories with your machine, but if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via 1800 239 766 (just have your machine handy when calling). Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Debbie

Have looked at that video, still none the wiser because it doesn’t show all the attachments or their purpose. Why isn’t there any written instructions? I have small motor head and other attachments that I do not know how to use.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear about this. If you could email a photo of the tools you aren't too sure about to auaskdyson@dyson.com we will be happy to provide you further written information about each tool and be happy to assist with any further queries.

Brig

Brigasked

Cyclone V10

I put my filter back after washing. I thought it was dry but now my vacuum won’t work! It flashes the full battery and will not turn on. I tried charging it .. nope. I tried letting it sit and dry but it still won’t work. Any suggestions?

Dimitri S.
Dimitri S.

Same problem . Did you fix yours?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

So we can best assist, we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts on 1800 239 766. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

BidDaddy
BidDaddy

Any answer on how to fix this? I have the same issue.

Cheryl L.

Cheryl L.asked

Cyclone V10

How to take the cylinder off the stick? I hold the red button and pull but it doesn’t slip off. Always a struggle and awkward. Is there a secret?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We certainly wouldn't expect the wand to be difficult to remove from your Dyson V10 machine.

We kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Mary M

Mary Masked

Cyclone V10

Hi I have clean my filter on my dyson v10 have put it back on the stick it is click in then went to vacuum and it's stop and lights are flashing. what else can I do.

rickydean5659
rickydean5659

I have 2 filters for mine
Sometimes mine does that after I change my filter
I check the filter again and you can see its dirty again
Then I change it to the other clean one and then it usually goes
If you have problems calling Dyson is very helpful they have a great customer support team
Hope this helps

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We would encourage running through the troubleshooting outlined here which should help get your Cyclone V10 back up and running: https://support.dyson.com.au/supportHome.aspx/Vacuums/Cordless/Dyson-V10-/226420-01/troubleshooting/machine-will-not-turn-on

If this doesn't help, please forward your query and details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

kathy johnston

kathy johnstonasked

Cyclone V10

having trouble putting the bin back on

Roland L.

Roland L.asked

Cyclone V10

where is the reset button

Carrie H.asked

Cyclone V10 Animal

I have watched your unblocking post below, but I my blockage light is still remaining on even though there appears to be no blockage is there any thing else you can recommend to try please ?

Cathy M.
Cathy M.

Spent hours trying to get that blockage light off !! Then, I brushed 'blew' and wiped the metal holes piece exposed when the other washable filter was being washed ... Voila !

Carrie H.

Thank you , I now have a working hover!

Rob R.
Rob R.

Well!! I'm in my wife's good books now, all I did was to follow your advice and blow on the metal holey thingy!! Thanks for a great tip!!

Margaret R.

Margaret R.asked

Cyclone V10

I think my V10 Animal is great except that the wand is so very hard to remove - it takes two of us. I cannot see a reason for this. The head comes off easily and appears to have mainly the same configuration of attachment as the wand. Please help - I would use it more often if I could empty if easily.

Big T

Lube it up with some Vaseline or similar lubricant, should fix it

Dyson Team ..Dyson

While we don't encourage use of any lubricants we certainly wouldn't expect the wand to be difficult to remove from your Dyson V10 machine.

We kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Cj Lewis

Cj Lewisasked

Cyclone V10

My Dyson V10 Animal wont run in max mode. Shuts off and battery light blinks. Please help?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear about this and happy to help. Please forward your query and details to auaskdyson@dyson.com. Our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly and happy to help get this sorted.

Rob

Robasked

Cyclone V10 Absolute +

great vacuum cleaner except for the battery life flat after 10 to 15 minutes of use had v6 and v8 before this and battery life was way better thinking of changing to a better one any suggestions

Big T

The v10 battery lasts way longer. Only things is all the faults.

Gee
Gee

V10 battery is great. Entire house except for 3 rooms and there’s no need to charge the battery.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

The V10 has three modes of suction; Max, mode two and mode one. With the motorised head attached the machine will provide up to 35 minutes on mode one, 20 minutes on mode two and 5 minutes on Max. Without using a motorised tool it can run up to 60 minutes on mode one, 30 minutes on mode two and 5 minutes on Max.

You can find a video explaining these modes and how to switch between them on https://youtu.be/mWElDYPJMBo.

Should we be able to assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Pat C

Pat Casked

Cyclone V10

I purchased the dyson V11 in November 2019. It seems the battery has failed already. When I plug it in it all 3 blue leds light up for 5 seconds and then they turn off. When I try to use it the lights on both sides flash once and then nothing. Is it a bad battery already?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

While this could be the battery, it could be another component of the machine and we would encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts to diagnose this and get this sorted.

Please give us a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy at your convenience. We are open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Claire

Claireasked

Cyclone V10 Absolute +

When the Max button is selected, the machine pulses. No pulse once switched done to the lower setting.
Filter cleaned, no blockages. Any ideas?

Big T

It’ll be the filter at the top, take it out clean it and put it back.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

If your machine is making a pusling sound, this indicates an obstruction within the airways of the machine.

Understanding you have checked for blockages, we encourage running through this video to ensure all areas of the machine have been checked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjOc0Ah-vYE

This should help, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Jethro

Jethroasked

Cyclone V10

Hi, cleaned filter of our v10. Was totally dry when put back in and nothing, no power at all. Get 3 solid blue lights and flashing filter light.
Geoff

Dyson Team ..Dyson

If your machine is showing a flashing filter light, please ensure your filter is fitted correctly as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6R0aYk4iJU

If this continues, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will only be happy to help.

Karen L.
Karen L.

I have the same issue, is yours working now?

nikki
nikki

i am experiencing the same problem. Were you able to resolve this

anna

annaasked

Cyclone V10 Absolute +

How long is the battery expectancy of the V10 compared to the V8?

Brigitte S
Brigitte S

I do not about the V8 but Dyson told me, that the battery should last many years and by then a replacement battery should be available.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Batteries are a consumable item which suffer wear and tear through usage, therefore will eventally need to be replaced. The factors affect the battery longevity which varies amongst users and therefore we can't provide an expected life of the battery.

Should you have any further queries our Australian-based Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Mark C.

Mark C.asked

Cyclone V10

I have a blockage light on my v10 and have watched the YouTube video and the light is still on ? There are no blockages but the light persists and the vacuum will no work l, any ideas ?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

While we understand you have checked the machine, we would encourage running through the troubleshooting via this link to ensure the machine has been completely checked: https://support.dyson.com.au/supportHome.aspx/Vacuums/Cordless/Dyson-V10-/226420-01/troubleshooting/blockage-light

If the difficulty persists, please just forward your details and the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will only be happy to help.

Sean F

Sean Fasked

Cyclone V10

My Dyson V10 animal is showing a blockage. When we turn power on it starts, pulses on and off between 5-7 times, then stops altogether. This happens when the wand is not attached as well as when it is, and in every mode. We have taken apart and cleaned the bin section, cleaned the filter several times, and checked every possible section of the vacuum short of taking a screw driver to it! We have gone through the troubleshooting links previously suggested. Still showing up as a blockage. Very frustrating for a a vacuum that cost so much. Our floors are looking so grubby now. Starting to think we should have stuck with the Henry! Any help much appreciated.

Roisin B.
Roisin B.

Same issue with my Dyson.

Keelie L.
Keelie L.

Same!

Yasmeen Y.
Yasmeen Y.

I’m having the same issue

Juleasked

Cyclone V10 Absolute +

How does dust container open....it seems like I would have to force it or am I missing something? Thanks

Jule

It's OK! I have put a lot more force in moving red lever down and it worked. Just very stiff.
Thanks anyway.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives