Dyson Cyclone V10

90 questions from our users

Monika P.

Monika P.asked

Hi,
Just purchased a Dyson V10 Absolute, when unpacked, we plugged in the charger to charge for the first time, but there is nothing happening, no light blinking or whatsoever, is it normal for the first time? Just the light of battery blinks red and that is it. Is it that dead ant it takes time to charge from 0 battery?
Thank you.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty with your Cyclone V10 machine Monika. We wouldn't expect any red lights on your machine during normal operation.

We would kindly ask you to forward your details and the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help get this soted.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Sharon

Sharonasked

Cyclone V10

Hi if I left my Dyson off charge for over a week how long does it take to change
When I plug it in the light comes on then it goes off does that mean its not charging probably thanks Sharon

Daniel
Daniel

Hi Sharon, if the Dyson was fully charged when you took it off a week ago, it should still be fully charged.
The batteries should not discharge that quickly. If they do, their faulty and I would contact Dyson to discuss having a replacement battery sent out.

If your Dyson is fully charged and you plug it in, usually the lights goes off within a few second, at least for the V10.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Your Dyson V10 has smart electronics within the machine, battery and charger to ensure the machine won't overcharge. It is recommended you leave the machine on charge when not in use, even if you haven't fully used the battery. This will ensure it is always ready for your next cleaning session. The electronics in the machine will ensure the battery charges to 100%, but not over.

A full charge from flat will take 5.5 hours, however if the machine isn't completely flat it won't take that long. When the machine is fully charged, all three LEDs on both sides will remain lit for a few seconds, then turn off to conserve battery power.

We hope this helps, however if you have any further queries our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and only happy to help.

Jemma Gallopasked

Cyclone V10

Hi . I just cleaned my filter . Was a 39 hot day so left it full sun for 5 hours . Lately it only runs for 3 mins on max before stops working . Is a v 10 . Also how long does it take to fully recharge . I always leave it charging in doc . Is this ok ?

Lyn S.
Lyn S.

Hi Jemma, Sorry i can't help you with the filter as i have only used my cleaner for a few weeks and haven't cleaned the filter yet. If used on the medium suction setting my cleaner runs for about an hour. Sorry not much help to you, hope someone else has some information.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Thank you for your queries.

Normally we encourage to let the filter dry for at least 24 hours to ensure there is absolutely no moisture in it. As long as the filter is completely dry, a shorter drying time is fine.

In regards to run time, The V10 has three modes of suction; Max, mode two and mode one. With the motorised head attached the machine will provide up to 35 minutes on mode one, 20 minutes on mode two and 5 minutes on Max. Without using a motorised tool it can run up to 60 minutes on mode one, 30 minutes on mode two and 5 minutes on Max. Regardless of mode used, the machine takes 3.5 hours to charge.

You can find a video explaining these modes and how to switch between them on https://youtu.be/mWElDYPJMBo.

We hope this helps, however if you have any further queries, or your machine isn't achieving these run times, please feel free to reach out to our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com.

Jemma Gallop

Thanks very helpful . I only use twice a week on max mode . So really only 5 mins ? Im sure when I first got went for longer

Sergiu B.

Sergiu B.asked

Cyclone V10

Is there a way to fast charge the Dyson v10 , a fast charger ? A battery extension ? Something that prolongs the time you use it because 10 minutes is not enough for me to clean the whole house , thank you

Cathy
Cathy

I cant help you there. My house must be smaller than yours. A couple of times Ive had to recharge and it didnt take that long.

Kate L

Kate Lasked

Cyclone V10 Animal

I needed to clean the filter so rinsed it through waited for it to dry then put it back on but now it won't work and won't charge. When I press the trigger 3 blue solid lights show?

Shanahan
Shanahan

Sorry cant help - not had that problem - maybe filter still wet - manual says 24 hours to dry. Thats one of the reasons I dislike this vacuum so much. I get half way thru cleaning my house and the filter needs cleaning so to have to wait 24 hours before I can finish the job.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear about this. So we can get this sorted, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com wioth your details. Our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly and happy to help get this sorted.

Sharon G.
Sharon G.

Kate did you get anywhere with this -
Im having exact same problem

Joe

Joeasked

Cyclone V10

When I start using my dyson v10 even when it’s been on charge over night, the battery light only registers 2 lights instead of the 3 battery lights, Is there a problem with the battery?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This does sound unusual. After a full charge the V10 should show three battery lights when first used.

We would encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help further.

Vincent T.

Vincent T.asked

Cyclone V10

Hello...I have 2 blinking red lights on my vacuum when I place it in its floor standing docking station. It won't take a charge. Any suggestions?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear this Vincent, it sounds like something not right is happening within your machine.

Please forward your details along with the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly to assist.

Bilton

Biltonasked

Cyclone V10 Absolute +

Our V10 appears to be working normally but the filter light is constantly illuminated. We have two filters which we alternate ever few weeks. After a filter has been washed it has at least two weeks to dry before it is used again. The filter light illuminates when either clean and dry filter is attached to the V10 head. The V10 is about a year old,

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear the blockage light on your machine is persistently on. Understanding you have washed, dried, and reinstalled the filter, we would kindly encourage you to check your machine for blockages (as outlined here: youtube.com/watch?v=jjOc0Ah-vYE). If this continues, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Greg b

Greg basked

Cyclone V10

Washed filter on v10 , replaced after shaking dry. Unit ran fine. I put on charger and found it will not charge . When placed on charger the 4 blue lights on battery light up for about 10 seconds and then go out . Have replaced charger , but still the same . Will not charge, any help?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Reattaching the filter and using the machine when the filter wasn't completely dry may have damaged your Dyson Cyclone V10™. We advise to allow a minimum of 24 hours for the filter drying time and to make sure that it's 100% dry before reattaching it.

Please email our experts with a description of what's occurred and the lights it's displaying to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our experts will be in touch to help you as soon as possible.

Marco G.

Marco G.asked

Cyclone V10

I washed the filter of my Dyson V10 and probably put it back before it was completely dry. I tried to run it a couple of times and then shortly after I removed the filter. It has no longer worked since then. Is it possible that just a few drops of water damaged the motor so badly? Any idea how to resolve it? thanks.

Thanks for your question Marco,

At this stage it's we don't have enough information to fully diagnose the issue, but we'll be more than happy to go over your machine with you and help get it running again.

Please email us at auaskdyson@dyson.com with a detailed description of the issue, the machine's serial number and your contact information and we'll get started.

Danie

Danieasked

Cyclone V10

Evening. Our V10 Animal will not charge. The supply to the bicking station if fine. There is a red light flashing on the battery indicator when inserted into the docking station.
Please tell me what needs doing to fix my V10 please.
Regards

Hi Danie,

Thanks for the question.

We'll be happy to help. Your machine will need a replacement part to fix this issue. Please email us at auaskdyson@dyson.com with a description of the issue, the serial number and your contact information to get started.

Dave P.asked

Cyclone V10

Even on lowest setting my cordless V10 pulsates and the blockage light comes on, even at lowest power. It does this even with the bin removed and no attachments. I cleaned the filter but this had no effect. There is no blockage in the air intake, and it's fully charged. No idea what to do next! Help?

Laura O.
Laura O.

I'm having the exact same problem with my v10. I have contacted Dyson they are sending an engineer out but not till the 12 of September!

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Dyson machine and are happy to help get this rectified.

Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get this sorted.

Dave P.

Well, a day later, it's working, without me having to do anything else, so all I can conclude is, although it says in the instructions to leave the filter to dry for 24 hours after washing.... actually it may need 48 hours or more, depending on your climate.

kenneth n.

kenneth n.asked

Cyclone V10

we have washed the filter on our v10, let it dry for over 48 hours, but when reattached we keep getting a blockage light and it wont work, we have checked everything and all seems fine but it persists?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear the blockage light on your machine is persistently on, we are happy to help.

Understanding you have washed, dried, and reinstalled the filter, we would kindly encourage you to check your machine for blockages (as outlined here: youtube.com/watch?v=jjOc0Ah-vYE). If this continues, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get this sorted.

Arn Rasked

Cyclone V10

I cleaned and dried the filter on the v10 but when I turn it on it stutters and won't run normally.
The charge light shows.
Arn

Tania
Tania

I haven't used water to clean the filter, so haven't had any issues with water, but I know with the V8 the water would cause stuttering, especially if you accidentally vacuumed any droplets of water up. I would have to wait until it had dried up. I do know that if the filter gets clogged up it won't run until you clear the blockage on the V10 - it stutters and the filter light comes on. I haven't seen the charge light come on yet.

TraceyAnne Maher
TraceyAnne Maher

Also check that nothing is in the little hole in the barrel before the filter I have had this happen it only takes a small something to get clogged in there

Many thanks Tracey,
It was clogged and I removed a lot of debris! The V10 works fine now.
Regards, Arn.

David Corey

David Coreyasked

Cyclone V10

Hello, my V 10 will not turn on all the sudden. Any help?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear your Dyson machine isn't turning on and will be happy to help get this sorted.

Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be able to assist.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Haras

Harasasked

Cyclone V10 Animal

Cleaned filter, has been drying outside for last 72 hours. When we attach filter back on and turn clockwise the vacuum works for two seconds then shuts off and filter light flashes. Any help?

Margaret E.
Margaret E.

I wash the filter and dry inside and attach and when I use the filter light comes on. I’ve noticed the filter looks worn a bit fluffy so I’ve ordered a new filter . Hoping the filter works for more than a few minutes before blocking again !

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear the filter light on your machine is persistently on, we are happy to help.

Ugis

Ugisasked

Cyclone V10 Absolute +

Hi I cleaned my filter on my dayson V10 absolute and when I put It back on i have 3 blues flashing lights and it wont start...did i done something wrong??thanks

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear about this, we are happy to help.

So we can troubleshoot this and get a resolution for you, we would kindly ask you to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help get this sorted for you.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

ozzedollarasked

Does the v10 blow air?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

While the V10 machine does exhaust air out of the machine, it doesn't function as a device to blow air in a specific direction.

We hope this helps, however if we can assist further our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

No it doesn’t help

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear this, if we can assist with any further queries please don't hesitate to reach out.

Our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and only happy to assist with queries.

Sue McK

Sue McKasked

Cyclone V10

How do you stop the brush head from spinning when vacuuming certain carpet types? There are carpets that need to use suction only with no spinning brush? Thank you in advance
Sue

Dyson Team ..Dyson

The Dyson Cyclone V10 machine is designed to operate with the brush spinning to ensure the machine efficiently works to remove dust and dirt from your home and as such, it doesn't have the option to turn the brushbar off. Of course, we would encorage checking with your floor care manufacturer prior to using on any floor surfaces you aren't sure about.

Apologies for any disappointment, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

zcsmatt

zcsmattasked

Cyclone V10

My Dyson is fully charged. It then ran erratically. The white light came on so I cleared the debris as per the manual. Now it wont run at all. When I pull on the power lever the three blue lights flash once and then nothing. Suggestions?

Scotty
Scotty

I have the exact same problem. For $1000 I’d expect it to last longer than 2 months.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear this is happening to your Cyclone V10.

We would kindly ask you to forward your details and the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be only happy to help get this sorted.

Emerald786
Emerald786

I have the same problem. Ive sent an email. Awaiting a resolution

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives