Dyson Cyclone V10

Dyson Cyclone V10 (page 2 of 18)

Absolute +, Animal and Animal+

See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Lisa V

Lisa V

Flicks dirt around on hard floors

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Day2019

Day2019South East Queensland, QLD

Hopeless on hard floors! Expensive yet still can't effectively vaccum hard floors.

Purchased in June 2018 for $900.00.

Carlo

Carlo

Effective and lightweight.

Purchased in December 2018.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood

MrsDaisyPSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great, but could be improved.

Purchased in July 2018 at Myer for $999.00.

MrsDaisyP

I use the #2 setting for the main sections of floor and rugs, as that seems to work best. Any furniture or soft furnishings get the lowest setting.
Thanks for letting me know about the recycling option. I was not aware of that.

Mel

MelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

And we’re off!

We have a cat and dog who are mostly inside so we needed a vacuum to cope with the fur. The dyson v10 is coping and exceeding expectations. We have laminate floor and find it glides over easily and picks up well. On our rugs...well it’s a surprise too see how much dust it picks up from them when the barrel is empty!

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys.

Dbeara M.

Dbeara M.Victoria

Thank you for being invented!

We use the amazing Dyson V10 Absolute+ on tiles, carpets and rugs; with a quick change of the head for optimal cleaning, it quickly changes the room from "oh dear!" to "oh Yeah!". I have a neck injury which limits the time I can vacuum but 15 minute intervals is great and the Dyson is so easy and flexible to use wherever I need to. This version sees the emptying of the dust compartment sooo easy, complete, and quick. The extra suction is a-maz-ing for long hair, pet hair, and fluff/lint. I LOVE this cleaner <3
This Dyson V10 Absolute+ is so awesome even our grown up kids think it's "fun" to use... way to go Dyson! LOL :-)

Purchased in June 2019 at Myer Retail Stores.

CazSydney, NSW

Doesn't filter expelled air well

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $799.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We're surprised that you've received this message from an agent as it doesn't represent Dyson's test results or advice.

If you'd like to discuss this further, feel free to email your details, feedback and contact information to auaskdyson@dyson.com

Kim

KimCentral, SA

Dyson Obsessed

I have laminate planks, tiles and carpet in our home, so I purchased the absolute Dyson V10! I love all the attachments it comes with, so easy to quickly change them out for each surface you are cleaning at the time! The suction is amazing and I love the size of the barrel!
I’m also very impressed with the battery life in comparison to my old V6!
The stick is light weight and easy to use! I love that it’s cordless so I can spot clean and pick up dust bunnies around the house super fast.

Purchased in August 2018 at Dyson for $999.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Isha

IshaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great idea but an imperfect execution

Purchased in July 2018.

Fimia1

Fimia1Hunter Region, NSW

Convenient for fast clean ups

V10 is super portable and cleans both carpet and tiles easily. Different suction setting allows you to save power when cleaning tiles and can be set on a super powerful setting a deep cleaning of carpet.
Use of different settings determine battery longevity. The v 10 has a longer lasting battery than previous models. Excellent value compared to the current v11. Super happy with my purchase.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Brandon F

Brandon FBrisbane

Long term review

Purchased in April 2018.

Floor Type Wood

Great product, wish I had waited until it was redeveloped

I use this on both carpet and hard floors, and it is brilliant and convenient to use on both. However, every three uses, I have to dismantle it, wash the filter, and let it dry for 24 hours before it can be used again. In my opinion, that is a massive flaw in an otherwise excellent piece of equipment. Additionally it is a little fiddly to dismantle and rebuild, so having to do it so frequently is an annoyance

Purchased in April 2019 for $600.00.

TJCR

TJCRGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Brilliant piece of technology and definitely made vacuuming easier

Purchased in July 2019 at Toby Deals.

Moochie000

Moochie000Melbourne

Life changer

Love the cordless vacuum. It’s so easy with kids and has great suction. However, I’ve had to have a few parts replaced. Dyson have been fantastic about this. Wish it came with 2 filters as it takes longer than 24hours to dry.
Overall I love it though.

Kayla J.

Kayla J.South East Queensland, QLD

Beat money spent

I brought this as an impulse buy, I have tiles, carpet and linoleum in my house with 3 animals, I was absolutely shocked when I used it on the carpet which is nearly new it was shocking to see how much crap was in my carpets left from previous brand vacuum, I will forever be a Dyson vacuum person, also their service team is impeccable I had a problem with my pole and they sent me a replacement with no fuss

Purchased in September 2018 at Betta Home Living for $998.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
maggsie

maggsieWestern Australia

Good for quick jobs, but not the whole house

I purchased this Dyson stick vacuum for our beach house because I wanted something I could easily carry up and down the stairs. The battery lasts about 15 minutes and it struggles to pick up the sand off the slate floor. I don't think it is half as good as my Electrolux Ultracaptic vacuum. My husband refuses to use it. But it is lightweight!

Purchased in March 2019 at David Jones for $500.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Tiles

Ray C

Ray CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent but expensive vacuum cleaner

Purchased in January 2019.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood

Patty

PattyFar North Queensland, QLD

Would never go back to a plug in Vacuum cleaner.

I have back fusions and nerve damage which makes vacuuming difficult. The V11 is so easy to use. No messy cords for me to trip over. Suction is very efficient.

Purchased in May 2017 at Harvey Norman for $799.00.

Reda

RedaSouthwest, VIC

V10 Great Stick Vacuum Cleaner

We have had the V10 for over a year now and love it, we upgraded from a V4 that we had for several years and the upgrade was instant. We have a retriever that malts regularly and the V10 handles it with no issues, and the dog hair doesn't get tangled around the brush head the way it did with the V4. I can get through the whole house in max mode, but my wife occasionally wishes for more battery life.

Purchased in July 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store for $999.00.

Ellie D

Ellie DSydney, NSW

If you have a pet, that malts hair, you NEED this vacum!

We have a long haired White Shepherd, who we love dearly, but malts hair like no other! The Dyson has been a game changer; it actually picks up the hair off the carpet and trust me we have tried multiple! Its easier to use and makes vacuuming daily a treat not a chore.

Purchased in May 2018 at David Jones Retail Stores for $900.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Monika P.

Monika P.asked

Hi,
Just purchased a Dyson V10 Absolute, when unpacked, we plugged in the charger to charge for the first time, but there is nothing happening, no light blinking or whatsoever, is it normal for the first time? Just the light of battery blinks red and that is it. Is it that dead ant it takes time to charge from 0 battery?
Thank you.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty with your Cyclone V10 machine Monika. We wouldn't expect any red lights on your machine during normal operation.

We would kindly ask you to forward your details and the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help get this soted.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Sharon

Sharonasked

Hi if I left my Dyson off charge for over a week how long does it take to change
When I plug it in the light comes on then it goes off does that mean its not charging probably thanks Sharon

Daniel
Daniel

Hi Sharon, if the Dyson was fully charged when you took it off a week ago, it should still be fully charged.
The batteries should not discharge that quickly. If they do, their faulty and I would contact Dyson to discuss having a replacement battery sent out.

If your Dyson is fully charged and you plug it in, usually the lights goes off within a few second, at least for the V10.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Your Dyson V10 has smart electronics within the machine, battery and charger to ensure the machine won't overcharge. It is recommended you leave the machine on charge when not in use, even if you haven't fully used the battery. This will ensure it is always ready for your next cleaning session. The electronics in the machine will ensure the battery charges to 100%, but not over.

A full charge from flat will take 5.5 hours, however if the machine isn't completely flat it won't take that long. When the machine is fully charged, all three LEDs on both sides will remain lit for a few seconds, then turn off to conserve battery power.

We hope this helps, however if you have any further queries our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and only happy to help.

Jemma Gallopasked

Hi . I just cleaned my filter . Was a 39 hot day so left it full sun for 5 hours . Lately it only runs for 3 mins on max before stops working . Is a v 10 . Also how long does it take to fully recharge . I always leave it charging in doc . Is this ok ?

Lyn S.
Lyn S.

Hi Jemma, Sorry i can't help you with the filter as i have only used my cleaner for a few weeks and haven't cleaned the filter yet. If used on the medium suction setting my cleaner runs for about an hour. Sorry not much help to you, hope someone else has some information.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Thank you for your queries.

Normally we encourage to let the filter dry for at least 24 hours to ensure there is absolutely no moisture in it. As long as the filter is completely dry, a shorter drying time is fine.

In regards to run time, The V10 has three modes of suction; Max, mode two and mode one. With the motorised head attached the machine will provide up to 35 minutes on mode one, 20 minutes on mode two and 5 minutes on Max. Without using a motorised tool it can run up to 60 minutes on mode one, 30 minutes on mode two and 5 minutes on Max. Regardless of mode used, the machine takes 3.5 hours to charge.

You can find a video explaining these modes and how to switch between them on https://youtu.be/mWElDYPJMBo.

We hope this helps, however if you have any further queries, or your machine isn't achieving these run times, please feel free to reach out to our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com.

Jemma Gallop

Thanks very helpful . I only use twice a week on max mode . So really only 5 mins ? Im sure when I first got went for longer

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute +

Power SourceBatteryBatteryBattery
Charging Time3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours
Running Time 60 min60 min60 min
Power525 W525 W525 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2018Apr 2018