Dyson Ball Animal DC65

Dyson Ball Animal DC65 (page 2 of 7)

MPN: 20627301

See the Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Product is used:
    • Several times a week (8)
    • Weekly (4)
    • Daily (2)
  • Pet OwnerYes (10) · No (4)

Rachael

Rachael

My perfect vacuum cleaner

I use my Dyson ball vacuum on my loungeroom an hall way which are wooden floors, as well as in my kitchen which is vinyl, i also have tiled floors in my bathroom an laundry. An carpet in all 3 bedrooms.. this vacuum is my best friend, it is light easy to move an picks up everything. I would HIGHLY recommend this product... VERY VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMER....

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Hards15

Heavy , hose attachment difficult to use and my wrist swells because it’s heavy

I bought this for pet hair on carpet and tiles and the machine is heavy to manoeuvre and my wrist swell with arthritis every time I use. The machine won’t fit under beds and the hose attachment is hard to use and the machine topples over. Horrible vac expensive also

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hards15

This was actually purchased from Hervey Norman not the good guys. Dyson you should refund my money do I can get a proper vacuum cleaner . Very angry very frustrated

Lesley

LesleyHamlyn Terrace

Big bulky but does the job

This is a good vacuum cleaner and when we first got it we were really impressed. Since living with it for 5 years though it has become slightly annoying. The chord at the back that the accessories plug into is not the most functional. And the weight of the machine are it’s only down falls

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Katrina

KatrinaMelbourne

Expensive but works well

It is eye-catching to look at based on the design. Not as loud as other vacuum cleaners. However, very hard to use if you're used to the standard vacuum cleaners. Took us a bit of time to efficiently use it. A little heavy but it's not a major issue. Been using this for almost a year. I'm not extremely impressed. It's too expensive for the function it offers.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Gym guy

Gym guySydney

6 / 10

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Seb

SebSydney

Flexible, but some durability concerns.

This vacuum cleaner is flexible, powerful and relatively easy to disassemble and clean. However, the handle is prone to bending with ordinary use and we have already had to get it fixed once under warranty. It just doesn't feel as sturdy as the last Dyson we had, which is a shame.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Nice vacuum cleaner after correction of rubber skirt

I found my Dyson Animal sucked too hard. After checking out the carriage on the bottom of the appliance I found the rubber skirt at the front had tucked under a couple of tabs that are part of the plastic moulding on the either end of the base. This had been causing the carriage to press on the carpet, thus sucking too hard. On releasing the rubber I found the suction to be perfectly okay,

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Maureen

MaureenMoonah

Wish to God i'd read the reviews first

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Anthony S

Anthony S

Great on carpet but

Just changed from the big ball floor model over to an upright, still has that amazing dyson quality build and cleaning power, when using the upright on carpet you will be amazed by the amount of dirt pulled up from what appears to be already clean carpet but the hard floor is not as great, would have to say the floor model works better on tiled floor.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hoppy

HoppySale

Perfect

The vacuum is easy for me to use as i have one leg andnstruggle dragging something. Its small enough to locknaway and not be to bulky to store.

The power is good enough to pull all dirt out
I have hard floors and carpet so works awsowme

Its not to loud either

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Megan

MeganPerth

Worst money I’ve ever spent!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Dyson Team ..Dyson

Little wheels on bottom of head block up after 1 usethis causes the head to leave drag marks on inal

Wheels on head block up with dog hair after 1 use and won’t turn dc65 animal vac
Customer service stated that I haven’t maintained the vac correctly and that I must pick out the hair with tweezers after each thus takes 1/2 hour
Terrible design rude customer service staff terrible design a waste of $800 great suction though but useless on pet hair

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Sueb
Sueb

Shaz

ShazSydney, NSW

We had high expectations with Dyson but not after purchasing this vacuum cleaner!

Date PurchasedJun 2016

NEVER AGAIN

Date PurchasedJun 2015

AnnTasmania

Don't buy a Dyson.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Ann

I have already contacted you several times and you have been no help, I am not wasting more time with your company, you don't care about your costumers at all.

This broken piece of plastic is gathering dust

It looks great, good amount of suction, but the flimsy handle area can't accommodate the constant shifting of direction. It forces the nozzle that's attached behind it, at the end of the hose assembly, to constantly disengage.
So I bought a bullet proof Kirby off gumtree and you can see it lifting the carpet and underlay. Every time I wheel the steel monster past the Dyson, I can almost hear it snickering at it.
Whilst the Dyson cowers , in dust covered plastic shame

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Cam Smith

Cam SmithMelbourne

Exceptionally Powerful

Val R

Val RMelbourne

This is amazing! I can't live without it!

Chris S

Chris SMelbourne

Does the job, but takes up so much room

I'm torn with this product - while it does a great job in terms of suction and cleaning, it's just so cumbersome! We have two cats and a very fluffy dog, so spend a lot of time vacuuming. We also live in an inner city apartment. This is probably stupid on our part, as this vacuum is just not easily storable or movable. It makes vacuuming fairly tiring, and the vacuum sits in the laundry in plain sight. I do think it's power and performance is great, but it's probably more suited for people with multiple, generous storage space.

Victor

VictorVIC, 3030

Good suction but poor design

Had this vacuum for a few years now. Still works great and hasn't had noticeable loss in suction or performance. It is incredibly good on carpets but can be hard to maneuver and I'd recommend some ear plugs to protect your hearing. For vacuuming in hard to reach places or high up it's decent with the long extension tube but the whole vacuum is likely to follow with you (poor design). We vacuum mostly just 2 carpeted bedrooms and that is enough to need to need to empty it out.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

See all Dyson Ball Animal DC65 reviews

sugunakar k.

sugunakar k.asked

Just bought dyson dc65, while doing on carpet, handle is coming off while pulling back. Is there any lock on it to prevent it.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Once firmly pushed into position, the handle shouldn't come off during use.

We would kindly encourage emailing auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

robbypesca

robbypescaasked

My name is Robert asking for my mother Rose and we want to know if the ball vacuum is registered under the Pescatore on the Dyson website?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We will be only happy to assist validating your registration. To do this, please email your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to confirm this for you.

Dave

Daveasked

New machine to me- the hose will not stay extended- keeps retracting itself. Any help?

IBE
IBE

Pull out the metal tube until it clicks

Shane
Shane

Get a refund or get used to it. Common problem unfortunately hose being too stiff.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

While we anticipate your hose will be taut at first, it will loosen up over time. We encourage to having one person hold the machine in place while a second individual stretches the hose to its full length to help loosen the hose. You can also store the machine temporarily with the hose stretched around the machine. Be assured, this will stretch with time.

If we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to further assist.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Download manual