Dyson Ball Animal DC65

Dyson Ball Animal DC65 (page 2 of 6)

MPN: 20627301

Don't buy a Dyson.

I brought a DYSON pet Vacuum cleaner which is a top of the line vacuum 4 months ago, It never sucked properly from the start. After normal use it start to smell like it was burning. I sent it back to DYSON to be looked at.
They claim it doesn't smell (like burning).
They CLAIM it has moisture in it so not covered under warranty. They claim there are $200.00 worth of repair.
I paid $899.00 for this item and defiantly did not suck any form of moisture into the machine.
After this I looked up DYSON online, they have lots of terrible reviews.
Please be warned don't buy a DYSON in my opinion they are poor quality and have no customer service.
Please share to stop other people being cheated out of there money and to let big companies know its not ok to treat customers like this.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Ann, Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear you feel we have let you down. If you'd like to discuss further, please reach out via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to discuss and look into this for you. Best wishes, Shan Facebook.com/DysonI have already contacted you several times and you have been no help, I am not wasting more time with your company, you don't care about your costumers at all.

This broken piece of plastic is gathering dust

It looks great, good amount of suction, but the flimsy handle area can't accommodate the constant shifting of direction. It forces the nozzle that's attached behind it, at the end of the hose assembly, to constantly disengage.
So I bought a bullet proof Kirby off gumtree and you can see it lifting the carpet and underlay. Every time I wheel the steel monster past the Dyson, I can almost hear it snickering at it.
Whilst the Dyson cowers , in dust covered plastic shame

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the hose of your machine. I encourage you to reach out via auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help. Best wishes, Shan Facebook.com/Dyson

Exceptionally Powerful

This is the strongest vacuum I have ever owned. It's suction power is great at collecting animal hairs.

There are some problems in that the unit can feel quite heavy at times, and with no suction power options like a stick based V6 vacuum, the noise is unavoidable.

We use it to clean our whole house, but we do have troubles with the vacuum on carpet in certain rooms.
Depending on how your carpet has been installed, the vacuum is simply too strong, leading it to suck up the carpet to the point you have to really force the vacuum to move.

Purchased from Harvey Norman and got them to match the free accessories provided on the Dyson website, which was a nice little bonus.

Overall I'd recommend this unit, but make sure you have suitable carpet.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

This is amazing! I can't live without it!

My partner and I own three dogs and have carpet areas around the house, including the living room. We've always tried to save money by going for an average brand of vaccum, but after the last one broke down we decided it was time to invest in a Dyson vaccum. Now the reason why I call it an investment is because of the quality, performance and warranty of the product. This vaccum has phenomenal suction, the best we have ever seen in a vaccum. It lifted so many dog hairs off our carpets that we didn't even know were there!

I was scared at first with choosing an upright because I am pregnant and I've used heavy uprights before and they can be a pain. However, this vaccum is so easy to use (especially with maneuvering around thanks to the ball feature) and not heavy at all. It also transitions between floor and carpet automatically which makes it so quick to vaccum and the chord is so long so I don't have to constantly switch outlets. I love it and am so happy we bought it. No regrets at all.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Does the job, but takes up so much room

I'm torn with this product - while it does a great job in terms of suction and cleaning, it's just so cumbersome! We have two cats and a very fluffy dog, so spend a lot of time vacuuming. We also live in an inner city apartment. This is probably stupid on our part, as this vacuum is just not easily storable or movable. It makes vacuuming fairly tiring, and the vacuum sits in the laundry in plain sight. I do think it's power and performance is great, but it's probably more suited for people with multiple, generous storage space.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Good suction but poor design

Had this vacuum for a few years now. Still works great and hasn't had noticeable loss in suction or performance. It is incredibly good on carpets but can be hard to maneuver and I'd recommend some ear plugs to protect your hearing. For vacuuming in hard to reach places or high up it's decent with the long extension tube but the whole vacuum is likely to follow with you (poor design). We vacuum mostly just 2 carpeted bedrooms and that is enough to need to need to empty it out.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Good product

Good product except for emptying mechanism on the canister. Expensive but managed to purchase it when on promotion from the Good guys. A relatively heavy vacuum but the round body is easy to manoeuvre around the house. We have used on a variety of floors, unfortunately it is quite noisy.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Reliable and perfect for kids

Our baby started crawling and we were very anxious about the cleanliness of our carpet. The dyson suction kept our carpet spotless with performance reliable each and every time. The only downfall was the bulkiness of the item which made it hard to store. I would check if you have the floor space to store it. Worth every cent!

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Good overall vacuum

Happy with the product , has excellent suction power. the only downside is that its is heavy and bit hard to maneuver. so i wont recommend it for old people. And the dust tank is also not that big, it requires to be emptied out after couple of use for a full 4 bedroom home. 200msq home. Overall good vacuum with great suction.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Noisy Awful Disappointment. Good for injuring neck and back.

We were conscious that Dyson could just be the trendy name gizmo of today. We also had a store voucher that was about to expire, and Good Guys had Dyson on promo. Huge mistake. We should’ve listened to our gut instincts. Don’t fall for trends and hype!

It’s an awkward, stressfully noisy piece of rubbish.

It’s ok on floor boards that offer no resistance, but still hard on your wrist. Then it gets worse. Other surfaces require very forceful pushing to make the stupid thing move. So much for a power head!

I’ve used it once; and tore goodness know what in my neck and back, whilst heaving the thing around. Pain killers for a week now. Thanks, Dyson. I hope there’s a money back satisfaction guarantee. It belongs in the bin!

The head won’t even turn on a very short pile rug. We’ll now need to buy another product just for the rugs. And the cord is always in the way unless you carry it in the other hand. My rant could go on and on. The message is the same - don’t fall for the name.

I’m now thinking my frustration with the little Electrolux barrel that rolled and got caught on everything wasn’t anything to moan about after all - just a minor irritation compared to this awful awful awful Dyson contraption.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Dyson machine. Please email askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be more than happy to assist and discuss your concerns. Best wishes, Shan Facebook.com/Dyson

Poor accessories

Great vacuum cleaner for carpets. Little heavier than it should be hopeless for cleaning carpet under beds as the attachments supplied are useless. Had to use old power head off our old worn out DC23 which would work well if it was not worn out. The fittings are the same and Dyson should supply something like this instead. Also the attachment hose is a nightmare to us as it sucks back in.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Rick, Thanks for your review. The spring in the hose will loosen up over time, however you can help it to loosen up quicker by gently stretching it out manually. A turbine head is designed to specialize in hair pick up and for use on carpets. Replacement Brush Bars for the DC23 Turbine head can be purchased online here: http://shop.dyson.com.au/spare-parts/brushbar-assembly-923492-01 If this does not resolve the issue please reach out at askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be happy to help you further. Best wishes, Mira Facebook.com/Dyson

Engineering Disaster

I waited a couple years but I can't hold it in anymore. This is the worst designed product since the Ford Pinto. Here we go! You have to unwrap the entire cord to access the attachment hose which is attached at the bottom and requires pulling on it to extend and causes the vacuum to tip over. There is no foot lever to lock and unlock the vacuum from an upright position and if it doesn't catch, it tumbles over damaging furniture. The attachments have no functioning ability and every one of them is at angles that prevent their use. Forget about vacuuming under beds or furniture or on top of tall bookcases, the angles of the attachments prevent contact. As from the suction and main vacuum head, overrated. There is no suction at the front of the vacuum and no ability to vacuum corners or near baseboards. You literally have to roll over it to pick it up. Vacuum does not do a good job on pet hair or pull it from the carpet. Vacuum is clumsy, hard to steer and heavy to lug around. There is nowhere to grip it to carry it up and down stairs. I grab the wound up cord, it's the only way. I'm amazed that this guy promotes himself as an engineering genius. If this was the product he brought to me, I'd fire him. By far, the worst product I have ever purchased in my life. I pray for it to break every night to justify throwing 600 dollars in the garbage. Please, I beg fellow consumers to look for a different product. Don't make the mistake I did.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Kevin, Sorry to hear about this. The machine has two steps to engage the upright lock, firstly bring the machine upright, then over-direct the handle forwards over the front wheels, there will be an audible second click when the lock is engaged. The following videos will help you check for blockages which may be impacting the poor pick up you are experiencing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLnH--ca1YA&list=PLDfU9nMES75PNWwQ_Z2fq4TjILkFYHJBt&index=9 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J3Ej7GRBdQ&list=PLDfU9nMES75PNWwQ_Z2fq4TjILkFYHJBt&index=8 If this does not resolve the issues and to discuss this further with us please reach out at askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be happy to help. Best wishes, Mira Facebook.com/Dyson

Its good but troublesome

Have always used a bagged vacuum and heard that the Dyson is very powerful with good suction. Decided to get one while there was a sale on and have been using it for some months now. It is a very powerful vacuum with good suction with many different heads for different purposes. The only negative is the clearing of the vacuum as its not an convenient as a bagged machine.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Good and very useful thing

Dyson Ball Animal DC65.
Good and very useful thing. We are using it for a 3 months - great quality.
Lightweight and easy to use. Very powerful, seems to do an excellent job with getting all dirt and finer particles. Does a good job at picking up bigger things like my candy. Very easy to empty. Overall I would say it is a great vacuum and that's why 4 stars. I would say good, but not great value.
As I heard Dyson service center very good and their customer service department is very helpful.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

So disappointed

I bought my Dyson exactly 6 years ago, over the 6 years everything that could be replaced has already been replaced!
Today it finally fell to pieces, literally, it is lying on my garage floor in bits! I am so disappointed, I thought it might last a bit longer, given I paid almost $900 for it! Well I guess I actually paid more for it as I had to pay for a new barrel and a new foot! Never again!

Date PurchasedNov 2011
Hi Karen, Sorry to hear about this. Please reach out at askdyson@dyson.com.au with the details and we will be happy to help you further with your machine. Best wishes, Mira Facebook.com/Dyson

Don’t waste your time !!!!

The only good thing I have to say about this vacume is that the ball part gives great moveability and that’s about it !!!! This is my 2nd Dyson and I have to say I don’t think I’d buy Dyson again !!! Plastics on this one in particular were no where near as good a quality as my last and parts have broken surprisingly , to which I had to pay to replace when obviously if it were made with better quality plastic I’d not have had the issue !!!

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Hi Simone, Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your machine. Unfortunately, in spite of spending millions of dollars and countless hours each year testing, researching and developing our technology, sometimes one off failures in the field can occur and I am sorry to hear this has happened to you. Please be assured that our machine are build with the same strong light weight materials they have always been build from: glass fibre reinforced polypropylene, ABS and polycarbonate, the material riot shields are made of. To discuss this further with us please reach out at askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be happy to help. Best wishes, Mira Facebook.com/DysonWould still disagree with you here !!! The ( soft) plastic tang that holds the cord in place once wound up, is always giving away , so I’m constantly finding the cord in a heap at the foot of said machine!! I had the switch that disengages the mechanism for the dust cylinder just break !! The switch/button is not in an area that can get knocked around and machine is just a couple of years old so it’s had some usage ( but isn’t that what I’m paying Dyson prices for ???) but just out of warranty when this happened so had to buy the whole vacume cylinder to fix said problem , which I might add I had told the salesperson on the other end of phone how disappointed I am in said product as it’s a fault that I should not have to pay for !!!! Also same problem as many others with the whole locking in proces to stand machine up once finished, constantly leant click in on first go, never had this issue with previous vacume which was a far sturdier machine and the plastic did seem a firmer type!!!!

PLEASE don't waste your money

Dyson have got us to a stage where we will never purchase another product. Such a shame but is very common view among people we know. Stopped working, took it to be repaired under warranty. Cost us $150 anyway. Apparently they did us a favour!! No one got back to us we had to keep ringing, apparently dust was blocking the filters. Who would think a vacuum would be used for collecting DUST??? OHH maybe you can only use it on floors that are clean?? Good bye Dyson....

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your machine, and we are sorry to hear that you feel this way. To discuss this further with us, and so we can provide you with the specifics of the technician's report and photos from the machine's inspection, please reach out via askdyson@dyson.com.au Best wishes, Mira Facebook.com/Dyson

Can't beat the suction of the Dyson DC65

My old Dyson DC25 had lost suction and needed a service. Rather than invest $300 in the repair for a 9 year old vacuum I decided to look at a replacement. I had been really happy with the DC25 so I looked no further than Dyson. The Small Ball was compact and cute and the stick vacuums were lightweight and appealing.

What won me over to the DC65 Animal Upright was the incredible suction and the size of the dust bin - 2.0 l (the DC25 was 1.3 l and the Small Ball only 0.8 l). Great for vacuuming pet hair. The DC65 is about the same size as my old DC25. Plus distance from the brush to dustbin is shorter so tubing is less likely to get clogged.

I have 4 rooms of carpet plus the hallway is carpet as well. The bin only needs to be emptied after 2 vacuums. The DC65 manouvres really well and vacuums all the way to the wall. Amazing vacuum!

On sale at the Good Guys for $598 till the end of November. Also at JB HI FI and DJs for $599.
A good time to buy!

When you register the warranty with Dyson you have the option of taking out an extra 3 years - a total of 5 years for an additional $99. Good Guys has Concierge coverage of 5 years for $125 (plus you get other benefits including $20 store vouchers 3 times a year).

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Bought a Dyson Animal - because we thought it would be the best - it surely isn't!

It's pretty maneuverable in use, but the whole thing falls back over when you try to stand it upright unless you make sure to REALLY firmly click the handle in place. The extension hose tube (used for the attachments) is also really fiddly and will not always lock back into position either.

We now both agree that we dislike it - with a passion!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi Steve, Thanks for your review. There are two steps to the upright lock on this machine. Firstly raise the machine into an upright position till the stabilizer mechanism drops down with a click noise, then push the handle forward over the front wheels till you hear a second click. This can also be done in one fluid motion. With reattaching the wand, the main considerations are pressing the red button on the end of the hose to make sure that the hose cuff has dropped down and the wand is sitting loosely inside the hose cuff. Please see the following video to see the attachment sequence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrqkWXCFo0Y If this does not resolve the issue please reach out at askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be happy to help you further. Best wishes, Mira Facebook.com/DysonHi Mira >>>>then push the handle forward over the front wheels till you hear a second click. We ARE aware of the need for a 2nd click, but in our opinion, it has not been thought through well enough and should not be that difficult? >>>red button on the end of the hose to make sure that the hose cuff has dropped down Still awkward - Dyson supposedly do extensive testing on their products? In our opinion, this is poorly designed and also need not be that difficult.

HATE IT

Worst vauccum I ever brought, hard to manoeuvre, falls over when you try to stand it upright , takes so long to put the extension tube back in its place and fiddly , not and easy vacuum to use.

Don’t waste your money there are better vacuums out there , the cheap plastic attachments, the brushes all look worn out and I have only had it a few month.

I HATE IT I brought it because of my dogs and that I had a 10 disc spinal fusion thinking it would be easy to use, sadly it’s not , I should have got the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal As I have used this at a friends place , it’s easy to use and manoeuvre.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi there, Sorry to hear you feel this way about your DC65/Dyson Ball Animal. The machine has a two step upright lock system, so bring the machine upright then push the handle forwards over the front wheels to fully engage the upright lock. Please reach out at askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be happy to discuss any concerns that you have about the machine further with you. Best wishes, Mira Facebook.com/DysonYes I do as you say but it still falls over . But the wand is the most ridiculous system you have , getting it to slot back in its spot , is hard and time consuming. Hate it .Hi there, Sorry to hear you are still having trouble with the machine not staying upright. Video directions for reattaching the wand can be found in the first minute of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrqkWXCFo0Y Please contact us via askdyson@dyson.com.au describing what you are struggling with and we will be happy to help, or call the helpline with the machine handy on 1800 239 766. We are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and 8.30am to 4pm on Saturday and Sunday, Eastern Standard Time. Best wishes, Mira Facebook.com/Dyson

Hi Dyson users My DC65 sucks vigorously through the top of the handle, but not at all through the base in any position. Very confusing! Is there a switch or button or setting I am missing??
Hi Greg, Thank you for your query. Sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty with your Dyson DC65, we are happy to help. The DC65 automatically diverts suction between the hose and the main cleaner head automatically. If this isn't happening, we would encourage removing the hose and checking the changeover valve as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akhJr3Yjk70 This should help get your machine running as normal, however if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to assist. Best wishes, Shan

My DC65 has become extremely difficult to push on our carpeted as well as the beater bar will quit operating if you stop to move a chair. We have had this unit for couple of years and have been very happy with the unit until now. About 6 months ago I replaced all the filters as well as cleaned the unit in great detail. It is almost as if there is to much suction. What is going on?
Hi Skip, Thank you for your query. Sorry to hear your Dyson DC65 is hard to push and the brushbar is stopping. Neither of these are to be expected. We would kindly ask for you to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com. We will be more than happy to assist and get your machine running as it should. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Shan

My dyson animal is doing the same thing where you pull the hose out completely and it wants to retract. I have to use one hand to pull, one foot to hold the dyson in place while I am pulling the hose and the other hand to clean. It has nothing to do with the wand. Is there some way to pull the hose out and get it to like click in where it will not retract on its own? OMG what a pain this thing is ! sorry I paid $600 for it.
Hi Mark, Thank you for your query. Sorry to hear you are unhappy with the hose on your machine. While we anticipate your hose will be taut at first, it will loosen up over time. We encourage to having one person hold the machine in place while a second individual stretches the hose to its full length to help loosen the hose. You can also store the machine temporarily with the hose stretched around the machine. Be assured, this will stretch with time. If we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to further assist. Best wishes, Shan

Ball Animal DC65