7Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Heater

Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Heater Questions & Answers (page 2)

Traci G
Traci G · Hot+Cool AM09

Does the Dyson hot and cool fan operate without the base. It was given to me from a friend with no base or remote. Can these items be replaced?

Ellen Tran

You need the base and remote. Yes, you can buy the replacements.

Derek
Derek · Hot+Cool AM09

The stain hot/cold fan displays an F with three blinking dashes. Not sure what that means. Unit seems to be working properly. Any ideas?

JWA202
JWA202 · Hot+Cool AM09

Hello, Recently our heater will be turned off and I will wake up and it has turned on. We have the entire unit off, I’ve double checked but I can hear something running in the background even when off. What could be causing it to turn on?

Ellen Tran

Sounds like you have set the heater to a certain temp. It will start up again once the room temp has dropped.

JoanM
JoanM · Hot+Cool AM04

My new Dyson Hot Cold on Heat sends out warm air on the sides, no air on top and bottom and very cold air from the back. I cannot use this machine now as it gets colder in the room. From reading past questions this is not unique to my machine.
Please HELP - I love my Dyson

Mark
Mark  · Hot+Cool AM04

Hi our new Dyson can seem to get above 22c. Why can’t it get to 30c it seem to take ages to heat?

Dyson   DM

The heat your room will get to will depend on numerous factors including (but not limited to) your insulation, room size, wall materials and how much of the heat escapes the room.

We encourage setting the temperature on your Dyson Hot+Cool to the target temperature you want your room to be (often between 20 and 24 degrees). The machine will heat to this temperature and when the target temperature is hit, the machine will drop into a lower power mode to save energy and will turn on when the temperature drops below the target temperature.

We hope this helps, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available and happy to help. Our contact details are found here: external link

ZHENA 51
ZHENA 51 · Hot+Cool AM09

Can the base be removed for moving house?

Peg S.
Peg S. · Hot+Cool AM09

What are the 2 red dots to the right of the temperature on my am 07. The top one is out. It doesn’t heat very well anymore either. The cool works fine. Thanks.

Geri
Geri · Hot+Cool AM09

Hi , I have an am09 that I bought from qvc have only had it 2 years now it’s not working I am wondering if qvc sells seconds that why the products are less expensive from them. My dyson started smelling like smoke triggered the surge protector (thank goodness I had it plugged into it). I tried it again in another socket and it did the same thing. I called dyson only to be told that the warranty had just expired, and also didn’t know what was going with it told me to take it to a sewing machine shop to have it fixed. ( a sewing machine shop ).Now I’m stuck with a white tower that isn’t worth garbage. So much money for only 2 years of service.

jharb6591
jharb6591 · Hot+Cool AM09

I have a dyson AM09 & when I turn the heater on it smells of smoke then it switches over to can & it says H2 on it. Why is this happening? Should I replace the filter? If so please send a link.

Nikki
Nikki · Hot+Cool AM09

Hi guys! I have a service booked at Dyson to service my hot and cool air fan! I only live down the road from Dyson.I’m wanting to know if I can drop it off in person instead of shipping it back to them?

Dyson   DM

If you have booked a service with our Dyson Experts you are most welcome to drop the machine into our service centre.

You can find our service centres and opening hours here: external link

SSA
SSA · Hot+Cool AM09

I have a dyson hot + cool AM09 for about 2 years. We seldom turning on the heater, only used it as a fan 90 % of the time and never have any problem. When we tried to turn on today it gave out a bad smell and some smoke comes out from the top side of hole where the air supposedly comes out. is it normal?

Molson
Molson · Hot+Cool AM09

The fan and oscillation are not working on my Dyson Hot + Cool. It doesn't work on the cool (below 69 degrees, but it works with the heat. What's going on here? Is it possible to fix this?

Dyson   DM

When you set the temperature on your Dyson Hot+Cool, The thermostat will detect the room temperature and only operate on heat mode if the ambient temperature of the room has not reached the desired temp. For example if you set the temperature to 12 (53F) degrees and the room is already at 20 (68F) then the fan heater will not operate. If the room is at 20 (68F) degrees and you set the temperature to 25 (77) then the fan will kick in, the machine will oscillate if selected, and remain on until this temperature has been reached. When the desired temperature has been reached, the machine will go into standby, and turn back on should the temperature of the room drop.

You can see this in action via this link: external link

We hope this has satisfactorily answered your query today. If we can be of any further assistance please visit external link  and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

KLM · Hot+Cool AM09

I purchased this heater with the impression, once it reached the desired or set room temperature, it would ‘sleep’ then restart itself once the temperature dropped!? Intermittently/mostly....some nights it completely turns itself off and I wake to a freezing room, having to begin heating it yet again. Other nights the temperature setting is still lit up, whilst it is not blowing any heat, then it will restart and begin heating the room again. (Which is what I thought it was designed to do). Could you please advise? Dyson ‘ Live Chat’ were of no help. The first fellow suggested I give it a few more days, possibly the software needed time! He was very nice! Then the second woman, had absolutely no idea what I was talking about!

Niall F.
Niall F.

Seems like you got a fault fan but like my experience dealing with Dyson is totally useless, see can you get a refund from the retailer,
As i would strongly recommend not getting a replacement as these fans seem to have lots of defectives

KLM

Thank you!! Yes this was indeed a replacement, first one, would just turn off!! Maybe stick with Dyson vacuum cleaners only!? Thanks again for your reply!

Dyson   DM

This is certainly not the experience we would expect from the machine or our live chat team.

Please give us a call at your convenience with your machine handy on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting further.

Tdgs2
Tdgs2

I have the exact same problem with the machine. Some nights it won't start up at all and I'll wake up freezing. Other times it will run continuously for over 1.5 hours in the morning which causes the room to get unbearably hot. This is all at the same temperature setting. There's no temperature regulation.

Haven't yet contacted Dyson but after hearing of your experience I'm skeptical of any support. My machine still has a year of warranty remaining though.

Jay Morse
Jay Morse · Hot+Cool AM09

I bought a Dyson AM09 hot and cool fan and I cannot see the led display for heat and sleep settings. Do all AM09 hot and cool fan heaters have a display on them, what am I doing wrong, or is it faulty?

Dyson   DM

The Dyson Hot+Cool's LCD should turn when you turn the machine on, either showing the temperature (when heating) or the fan speed (when in fan mode).

If this isn't turning on, please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy and we will be happy to help get this sorted. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

GLoo
GLoo · Hot+Cool AM09

will the dyson Pure Hot and Link overheat?

Dyson   DM

The Dyson Hot+Cool has smart electronics within the machine to regulate the temperature of the internal plates to keep them below 200 degrees Celsius (the burning point of dust).

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help. Please don't hesitate to reach out.

Danger N. · Hot+Cool AM09

Why does my dyson hot/cool purifier keep overheating? This hasn’t happened prior to about a week ago but when I turn it on at night to about 23° my whole power board blows out after about 30 mins, it turns of everything, I have tried it on different power boards but the same thing happens, how can I stop this?

Dyson   DM

As the Dyson Hot+Cool can use up to 2000W of energy, we recommend this is plugged directly into the wall. If used with a powerboard or the like, this machine combined with others on the powerboard, can trigger the safety cut out on the powerboard so as not to overload your outlet.
Should you feel something isn't right with your machine, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

Anna
Anna · Hot+Cool AM09

Hi, our hot and cool isn't switching off when reaching the set temperature. We have it set to 21 degrees but a few nights this week it has continued to heat to above 24 degrees. This is quite concerning as it is in our son's room so we weren't aware of it until the room was already very warm. The temperature gauge doesn't seem to record these spikes but we have another thermometer that shows this happening, and having entered the room on some of these occasions it is clearly around the 24degree mark. Do we need to get it repaired??

Dyson   DM

This certainly isn't what we would expect. Please give us a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy so we can assist. Our helpline is available Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Rons
Rons · Hot+Cool AM09

Hi I want to be able to switch my Dyson Amd05 on and off using a smart plug. However when I switch it off using the plug and then use a voice command to switch it back on again it goes into standby mode. Is it possible to get it to just come on again? This is to enable a person who has to use voice activated devices as they cannot press the remote buttons.

Dyson   DM

If the Dyson Hot+Cool is switched off at the wall or by a smart plug, when switched on again, the machine will require the power button on either the machine itself or the remote to be pushed in order to turn the machine on again.

We do apologise for any disappointment, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Aldath D.
Aldath D. · Hot+Cool AM09

I am delighted with the product for heating my lounge in winter. However I now find myself needing cool air. Obviously in winter doors and windows are closed. But using it for cooling purposes should I still be closing everything as you would with aircon?

Dyson   DM

To confirm, the Dyson Hot+Cool can function as a heater, however doesn't function as an air conditioner as it doesn't work on refrigerants or the like. The "cool" refers to it's ability to function as a fan to cool you in summer using the wind chill effect. As such, there is no need to close windows unless you wish to.

I hope this helps, however please feel free to email auaskdyson@dyson.com if we can assist further. If you are not in Australia, please visit external link  and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area. We are happy to help.

June Lampley
June Lampley · Hot+Cool AM05

I never had booklet for this product. I need to know why it cuts itself off and in a few minutes starts again, but briefly.

Dyson   DM

The thermostat will detect the room temperature and only operate on heat mode if the ambient temperature of the room has not reached the desired temp. For example if you set the temperature to 12 degrees and the room is already at 20 then the fan heater will not operate. If the room is at 20 degrees and you set the temperature to 25 then the fan will kick in and remain on until this temperature has been reached.

This means if you want to switch the fan to cooling mode in the summer, you need to set the temperature to 0. The power light will turn blue to confirm this.

You can see this in action via this link: external link , you can also find the user manual for this machine here: external link

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Select a listing for your question
Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Heater