7Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Heater

Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Heater Questions & Answers (page 3)

Diane Oberle · Hot+Cool AM09

Why does my Dyson hot and cold go on by itself

Dyson   DM

When you set the temperature on your Dyson Hot+Cool, The thermostat will detect the room temperature and only operate on heat mode if the ambient temperature of the room has not reached the desired temp. For example if you set the temperature to 12 degrees and the room is already at 20 then the fan heater will not operate. If the room is at 20 degrees and you set the temperature to 25 then the fan will kick in and remain on until this temperature has been reached. When the desired temperature has been reached, the machine will go into standby, and turn back on should the temperature of the room drop.

You can see this in action via this link: external link

We hope this has satisfactorily answered your query today. If we can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate call us on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEDST.

Diane Oberle

It turns on by itself when I haven't turned on the machine

Dyson   DM

This isn't normal behavior. We would kindly encourage unplugging your machine and getting in touch with our Dyson Experts so we can further assist you.

Stan B.
Stan B. · Hot+Cool AM04

My dyson fan only blows cold air at 32 degrees setting when i raise it to 33 and above it shuts off why

Dyson   DM

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your machine, it sounds as though the unit is working but you need to adjust some settings. The thermostat will detect the room temperature and only operate on heat mode if the ambient temperature of the room has not reached the desired temp.

For example if you set the temperature to 12c/53F degrees and the room is already at 20c/68F then the fan heater will not operate. If the room is at 20c/68F degrees and you set the temperature to 25c/77F then the fan will kick in and remain on until this temperature has been reached.

This means if you want to switch the fan to cooling mode in the summer, you need to set the temperature to 0C/32F. The power light will turn blue to confirm this.

You can see this in action via this link: external link

We hope this helps, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help. If you are not in Australia, please visit external link  and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Mark K.
Mark K.

Thanks Dyson. Very helpful.

Janet O.
Janet O. · Hot+Cool AM09

Our Dyson AM09 was purchased about two and a half years ago. It was working fine on the heater setting until it was switched off. When we tried to turn it on today the unit appears to have died, totally unresponsive. There was no error code prior to this. we chanced the battery in the remote and tried the reset, all to no avail. It is disappointing to have such problems when in is not long out of it's warranty period. Any suggestion?

Dyson   DM

If your machine isn't powering on at all (no lights on the machine, no air coming from the machine), we would encourage getting your machine seen by a Dyson technician to get this sorted.

So we can further assist, please give us a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our Dyson Experts are available Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Ekank M.
Ekank M. · Hot+Cool AM09

I have my AM 09 set at 18 degrees Celsius on the heat setting. My room thermometer shows the temperature as 16.2, but the heater still doesn’t come on. Is 18 degrees too low a temp for the heat setting? If I turn it up to 19, then it’s turns on for 45 seconds and then turns off again, then repeat. Is there something wrong with the unit or do I need to have the heat setting?

Dyson   DM

It is normal for two different thermometers to show slightly different readings, especially if they are in different areas of the room.

If the room isn't warm to your liking, we would encourage increasing the temperature degree by degree until it is your desired temperature.

If you feel something isn't quite right, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Yan Z.
Yan Z. · Hot+Cool AM04

I have the same problem: the heater starts blowing cold air once it reaches the target temperature and then the temperature drops a few degrees before it even starts blowing warm air again! Is this something that needs to be fixed? I have to turn on another heater now!

Dyson   DM

Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy and we will be happy to assist as this sounds unusual. While the machine will move a small amount of air while monitoring the air temperature in heating standby, it should barely be noticeable.

Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST and we look forward to assisting.

Tom J.
Tom J. · Hot+Cool AM04

Hey my Dyson hot and cool blow half cold on one side and half heat in the other no matter what mode is on, any idea how to fix it at home or do I need to send it to repair? And do anyone know the reason that would caused this problem.

Dyson   DM

This certainly isn't normal behavior and may indicate a repair is needed. Please give our Dyson Experts a call with your machine handy on 1800 239 766. We are open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Ekaterina K.
Ekaterina K. · Hot+Cool AM04

I have issues with dyson since i bought it. First. It blows hot air say when it reach 24 degrees (as i set to 24) it starts to blow cold. The temp goes between 21-26 when i set on 24!!!! This is for my baby room! How can it be fixed?
Second issue now! It blows hot at the front and cold at the back at the same time! How can i fix it or is it faulty??? Its been almost a year since we bought it! I need help asap

Dyson   DM

This certainly doesn't sound normal for a Dyson Hot+Cool AM04. Please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy as we are only happy to help.

Dean
Dean · Hot+Cool AM09

I can’t get my dyson under 10 degrees can you help please?

Dyson   DM

If you are pressing the temperature down button on your remote and the temperature isn't going below 10, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via 1800 239 766 (just have your machine handy). Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Teddy1 · Hot+Cool AM04

Why would my Dyson Hot Cold fan be shorting my power.. I have it plugged into a surge protect power board and it has started cutting out..JA8-AU-HJA0391A

Dyson   DM

If other items are plugged into your powerboard, this could have overloaded your powerboard and caused it to switch off, for this reason, we recommend plugging Dyson machines directly into the wall.

Should you believe your machine not to be working as it should, please unplug your machine until you get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auskdyson@dyson.com and we will only be happy to help.

Teddy1

No nothing else was plugged into the powerboard to cause the overload.

RGP
RGP

I'm having this problem as well

Alan
Alan

i also seem to be having this problem of the machine cutting out by itself in heat mode. I will try in another room and power point but is this a problem please DYSON can you advise me.

Dyson   DM

For assistance with your machines please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auskdyson@dyson.com and we will only be happy to help.

yoonjung j. · Hot+Cool AM09

I am currently using Dyson hot and cool.
Wondering how to clean the filter.
I know that Dyson hot and cool pure filter can be disassembled so can be cleaned.

Could i know how to clean it? I would like to clean the filter properly and by myself.

Dyson   DM

To confirm, the Dyson Hot+Cool doesn't have a filter to be removed, maintained or replaced.

You can find a video showing how best to clean your machine here: external link

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help. If you are not in Australia, please visit external link  and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

yoonjung j.

Thanks for your quick reply.
my dyson hot and cool have been kept indicating me E8 error. so i searched for what it means and it says that i have to remove the top venting from 45HI. however, i have no idea which part is vent pipe and where it is as well as 45 HI too.

Peter George · Hot+Cool AM09

I have an elderly aunt who has dementia. We have had to take away a dimplex fire from her as she sat too close to fire and burnt her leg . Does the Dyson in heater mode get very hot to touch and although this is a fan heater if she sat too close, could a similar thing happen? Than you , Peter George

Julia M.
Julia M.

I don't think so. I have it in my bedroom and although the airflow could get uncomfortably hot, the structure itself doesn't hold the same kind of heat as a Dimplex does. Is it possible for you to test one in-store?

Dyson   DM

While the heating elements of the Dyson Hot+Cool don't get as hot as some heaters, the machine itself can still get warm during use, and we wouldn't recommend sitting too close to it.

If we can assist with any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.on Hot+Cool don't get as hot as some heaters, the machine itself can still get warm during use, and we wouldn't recommend sitting too close to it.

Debbie
Debbie · Hot+Cool AM09

I have just ordered and received a replacement remote control for my AM09. It doesn't appear to be working. Does anyone know if I have to do anything to the remote to active it?

Many thanks!

Syl
Syl

Hi Debbie,
mail this question to auaskdyson@dyson.com

Would be good to know what they say!

Dyson   DM

The remote should be active from when it is received. For further assistance, please forward your query and order details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

Paul
Paul · Hot+Cool AM09

Most of the reviews are poor, which is surprising considering the brand reputation. I once had a Dyson fan and, yes, it was noisy at high speed, but this was the “tall” unit. Question: were the issues resolved favourably by Dyson with their product consumers? Keen to know.

yoonjung j. · Hot+Cool AM09

My dyson hot and cool has been kept showing me E8.
The cooler is pretty working well but not heater. When i turned on the heater in the low temperature like 1 or 2, it did not work... but when i increase the higher temperature, it works for 3mins and all of sudden, it’s stopped and the screen indicated “E8”
I have no idea what to do with.

Dyson   DM

For assistance with this error code on your Dyson Hot+Cool, we would encourage contacting our Dyson Experts.

If you are based in Australia, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly.

Kyle Lunsford
Kyle Lunsford · Hot+Cool AM09

My dyson only reads in Celcius and the remote doesn’t work at all?

Dyson   DM

To confirm, the Dyson Hot+Cool will only show one temperature scale, based the territory it is manufactured for. For Australia, this is Celcius. That being said, we wouldn't expect any issues with the remote for your machine.

If you are based in Australia, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly to assist.

Olga
Olga · Hot+Cool AM09

As the light on the device is very bright I taped over the display, however I’m wondering where the thermostat is located and will the heater continue to work correctly?

Dyson   DM

Please be assured the thermostat of your machine is located inside the machine within it's airflow pathway and won't be effected by covering the display.

If we can assist further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com, we are only happy to help.

LHC
LHC · Hot+Cool AM09

What is H2 on AM09?

Dyson   DM

Should your machine be showing anything on the display apart from the temperature and fan setting, we would kindly encourage to get in touch with our Dyson Experts so we can assist.

Svin
Svin · Hot+Cool AM09

My fan will not turn on. This is only my second summer! Any help?

Dyson   DM

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your machine, we are happy to help. To confirm, the thermostat will detect the room temperature and only operate on heat mode if the ambient temperature of the room has not reached the desired temp. For example if you set the temperature to 12 degrees and the room is already at 20 then the fan heater will not operate. If the room is at 20 degrees and you set the temperature to 25 then the fan will kick in and remain on until this temperature has been reached.

This means if you want to switch the fan to cooling mode in the summer, you need to set the temperature to 0 or press the blue button on your remote. The power light will turn blue to confirm this.

You can see this in action via this link: external link

We hope this has satisfactorily answered your query today. If we can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to call us on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEDST.

David
David · Hot+Cool AM09

Our Dyson am 09 displays temperature in Celsius. (We are in Canada) While this is appropriate we are older and more used to Fahrenheit. Is it possible to switch the display?

Dyson   DM

For best assistance with this query, we would kindly encourage contacting our Canadian Dyson Experts via support@dysoncanada.ca

Tim G.
Tim G. · Hot+Cool AM09

My Fan cuts off every night. I come in the office in the morning and it is freezing. I do not have the timer on either. I even turn the fan off ond back on before I leave just to make sure the timer is not set. And every morning it is not on. Any help?

Dyson   DM

While the machine will work continuously in fan mode, when in heat mode, the machine will turn off after continuously heating for 8 hours as a safety measure. When it shuts off, it can be turned on again using either the power button on the remote, or on the machine itself.

Apologies for any disappointment, however if we can assist with any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Select a listing for your question
Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Heater