7Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Heater

Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Heater Questions & Answers (page 4)

Tim G.
Tim G. · Hot+Cool AM09

My Fan cuts off every night. I come in the office in the morning and it is freezing. I do not have the timer on either. I even turn the fan off ond back on before I leave just to make sure the timer is not set. And every morning it is not on. Any help?

Dyson   DM

While the machine will work continuously in fan mode, when in heat mode, the machine will turn off after continuously heating for 8 hours as a safety measure. When it shuts off, it can be turned on again using either the power button on the remote, or on the machine itself.

Apologies for any disappointment, however if we can assist with any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Lan Anh T.
Lan Anh T. · Hot+Cool AM09

My remote hot & cold dyson fan AM09 just unbox but the remote not really. Work . Almost just can press on/off . Button Time / hot / cold / ... Sometimes successful, sometimes unsuccessful. Any ideas?

Dyson   DM

Hi Lan, Thank you for your question.

There may be some interference with the frequency of the remote. Try using the machine in a different room and if there is still an issue we can replace the remote for you.

Please send an email to auaskdyson@dyson.com with the serial number of your machine if required.

Best wishes,

Sam
Dyson Customer Care

HFS
HFS · Hot+Cool AM04

I have a Dyson hot fan. The fan works in cool mode but the fan stops as soon as heat mode is turned on (by changing the temperature from 0 to 1 or higher ). Is this something that can be fixed at home? Thanks very much

Dyson   DM

Hi there and thank you for you question. Unfortunately this would more than likely something that needs to be fixed by a technician.

So we are able to assist you further please call our helpline on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and on the weekend 8.30am-4pm.

Best wishes,

Sam
Dyson Customer Care

Casey S.
Casey S. · Hot+Cool AM09

My dyson hot+cool fan feels as if the heat is only emitting from on side. Although its an oval shape, you can imagine that if it were a square one of the longer sides does not have hot air coming out of it. I just wanted to know if this is normal because maybe the heating broke on one side of the fan.

Dyson   DM

When your Dyson Hot+Cool is heating, you should certainly should put out warm air on both sides.

If yours isn't, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

Anita C.

Both units I have had do not blow out heat both sides. Only front.

Dyson   DM

Hi Anita, There are two modes of heating, personal heating mode and diffused mode.

You can find information on these and how to switch between them on external link .

C C.
C C. · Hot+Cool AM09

My fan/heater has started turning on in the middle of the night by itself. The remote was magnetized to the top of the fan, so I know it wasn't pressed accidentally. What could be causing this?

Dyson   DM

This behaviour isn't what we would expect from the Dyson Hot+Cool. So we can further assist, please forward your query to our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to assist.

Darren R.
Darren R.

Hi CC did they actually get back to you? Coz I'm experiencing the same problem, kinda creepy.

Charles C.
Charles C.

No reply from Dyson. This is very frustrating for such a expensive product. My first Dyson and maybe my last.

Hiroko K.
Hiroko K. · Hot+Cool AM09

When adjusting temp display goes from 69' back to 50'. Unable to get numbers in the 70's to appear.
Any suggestions?

Dyson   DM

For best assistance, we would encourage reaching out to our US Based Dyson Experts via questions.us@dyson.com. We will be in touch as soon as possible and happy to help.

Jessica L.
Jessica L. · Hot+Cool AM09

Is there a way to turn off or turn down the light that emits from the fan where the temp is displayed? I have this in my babies room, and I find that the light keeps him awake at night. Its the Dyson am09. Please let me know, thanks

Dyson   DM

Apologies for any disappointment, however the AM09 doesn't have a night mode, nor the functionality to dim the display.

If we can assist with any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Kristie O.
Kristie O.

Put masking tape over it, that should dim it enough without leaving residue

Katebear
Katebear · Hot+Cool AM09

Does the AM09 hot cool fan has night mode? It is quite bright when we have it on to sleep.

Madeline B.
Madeline B. · Hot+Cool AM09

Our Dyson hot and cool has really weak airflow. Is it faulty?

Dyson   DM

If your machine's airflow isn't as strong as it used to be, we encourage cleaning the apertures inside the loop (where the airflow comes out) and the intake holes at the base of the machine. For best results, we recommend the use of a soft brush (or the dusting brush from a Dyson vacuum cleaner).

After cleaning, you should find the airflow stronger, however if not, or if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to provide further assistance.

Stefano C.
Stefano C. · Hot+Cool AM09

Hi Dyson hot+cool does have wifi?

Dyson   DM

Apologies for any disappointment, however the Dyson Hot+Cool doesn't feature WiFi connectivity.

If we can assist with any further quyeries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Renee' C.
Renee' C. · Hot+Cool AM09

I will say that I am slightly disappointed in the 8hour safety turn off. I say slightly because I definitely don't want any danger to my house. However when through the night it cuts itself off, and I wake up to a cold room, that is very disappointing. That means I have to turn it back on to heat the whole room back up, which means it has to run again for a long time in order to reach my desired room temperature. And to me, that seems very costly on my electric bill. Is there a trick I'm missing somewhere in order to get a constant comfortable room temperature through the night, and it not turn off where I have to keep this uncomfortable circle of events from happening? Thank you

Dyson   DM

We are sorry to hear you are disappointed. At this stage we don't offer any way to bypass the safety power off.

Should you wish to discuss this further or if you have any queries our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Anita C.

This is totally unacceptable!!!! If I go out of town and I want the heater to run on "thermostat", I can't get it to turn
back on!!!!! My pipes froze from this!!! $400 and a heater that doesn't work like it would be expected to. Really. Why wouldn't it turn back on when the temperature drops after it has turned off? And if I set it for 8 hours it still turns off before that time period. I do not recommend this product.
I have had two of them and they all do the same!

GMB
GMB

Have set the schedule to come on 5 minutes after the 8 hour window, so 3 in a 24 hour period. It isn't ideal but a workaround nonetheless. Keeps the heat going in the property

Kirily O.
Kirily O. · Hot+Cool AM09

The power button on my machine just started blinking a blue/red colour, as if the machine can’t decide if it’s heating or cooling. It was always solid blue for cool and red for heat. The machine is still working and I can change modes from hot to cold, as well as the temperature, however I’m thinking this a sign of immanent death?

Dyson   DM

This certainly isn't to be expected. We would kindly encourage unplugging your machine and getting in touch with our Dyson Experts so we can get this sorted.

Our team are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com or 1800 239 766 (please just have your machine handy) 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday and 8:30am - 4pm Saturday -Sunday AEDST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Joe
Joe · Hot+Cool AM09

Why does my remote battery die after 5-7 days? This heater is turned on and off once in the morning. I cannot afford to replace the battery weekly!

Dyson   DM

We certainly wouldn't expect the battery in your remote to be replaced weekly. This indicates something not quite right is happening with your remote.

Please forward the serial number of your machine and your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com. Our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Suzy A.
Suzy A. · Hot+Cool AM09

I just got a Dyson cool air last week. I noticed last night when I put it in the bedroom that it was struggling to bring the numbers down. Then I woke up early this morning to find the IQ at 115!!! I increased the speed from might mode to 8 and 4 hours later it's still at 100. It doesn't seem to be working to me

Dyson   DM

To confirm, the Dyson Hot+Cool doesn't filter the air, rather works as a fan and a fan heater,

If you have a Dyson Purifier machine and it isn't working as you would expect, we would encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com, we are only happy to help.

Frank B. · Hot+Cool AM09

May I run AM09 on a timer to switch it on in the morning?
Best regards

Dyson   DM

Apologies for any disappointment, however the Dyson Hot+Cool requires the power button to be pressed in order to turn the machine on. If the machine is plugged into an external timer, the machine won't turn on as it requires the power button to be pressed.

Apologies for any disappointment, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Yes I thought so. anyhow thanks a lot for your reply. Best, Frank

Jean S.
Jean S. · Hot+Cool AM09

My Dyson hot+cold fan is turning itself on why is that?

Dyson   DM

If your Dyson machine is set to heating mode, the machine may turn on and off as the thermostat recognises your room reaches the target temperature.

If your machine was powered off, we certainly wouldn't expect your machine to turn on unless you power it on. If this is occuring please get int ouch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

Tam N.
Tam N. · Hot+Cool AM09

Do I need to replace Dyson Cool Hot AM09 filter?

Ozzyrod
Ozzyrod

Hi Tam, I have just read the manual from cover to cover and their is not only NO mention of a filter, nor are there any instructions or details on how to clean one. So I am assuming they dont have a filter

Dyson   DM

The Dyson Hot+Cool AM09 doesn't have any filters in the machine that need replacing. Just regularly wipe the machine with a soft dry cloth or use the dusting brush from your vacuum cleaner to remove any debris as shown here: external link

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Brooke T.
Brooke T. · Hot+Cool AM09

Can I connect this to WiFi?

Rapha
Rapha

Nope

Dyson   DM

Apologies for any disappointment, however the Dyson Hot+Cool doesn't have the ability to connect to WiFi.

Susan A.
Susan A. · Hot+Cool AM09

My Dyson heater is powering off and we have to turn it back on?

Dyson   DM

We are sorry to hear about this and are only happy to help. So we can get more information and further assist, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Wendy W.
Wendy W.

I'm having the same issue so have sent an e mail for help!!

Anita C.

I have had 2 different machines and they both do this. Not good if you are out of town, even if you go to sleep and the temperature goes from 32 down to 10 below zero, the machine still turns off whenever it wants to and will not go back on without a power turn on by me!!!
I have had one replaced only to have the same issue. Dyson now refuses to contact me or reply to my emails.

Dominic C.
Dominic C.

I am in quarantine and both I purchased do this to me its really annoying ,, waiting to switch them back on is a constant in my days...

tera b.
tera b. · Hot+Cool AM09

Throwing code h2. Any help?

Dyson   DM

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a H2 error. We would kindly ask you to forward your details and the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly to assist.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Select a listing for your question
Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Heater