7Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Heater

36%14%51%

BadDyson
BadDyson2 posts

Overpriced Junk!

I had to replace this ridiculous priced fan within 8 months. They were nice enough to send a new one that broke 12 months later and of course out of warranty so no help. I could have bought 4 others at cheaper cost that if only lasted 1 year would have been 2 years longer. This and my other Dyson vacuums have also broke after 2 years. What a waste of my hard earned money.

Georgia
GeorgiaHobart, TAS2 posts
  AM04

Dyson Hot & cool

Absolute waste of money the heater worked fine prior to the recall after the recall it hardly blew any hot air I've had to buy another heater to replace the lethargic output of the Dyson I spent over $500 for a heater that is no better than the much cheaper sunbeam heater I bought at least that blows hot air and has a nice airflow unlike the lethargic Dyson would I buy another Dyson NO would I recommend it NO totally disappointed

Beth C
Beth C3 posts

Very disappointed

I purchased my Dyson Hot+Cool Heater white AM09 at Foster Harvey Norman 0n the 2nd June 2018 and it is a disaster for my needs. I have a small apartment and was told it would be adequate but it is no where near adequate. Having spent so much I am very disappointed. I have now decided to use my aged three bar electric heater and it is doing a great job on one bar. I finds it noisy also. At least the bar heater is silent. I await your call.

Niko
Niko
Trevor
Trevorberkeley

Dyson A09

I bought this as a fan heater to heat a 3.3m x 5m room, has been on high for an hour & has taken room from 9C to 16C, really did think something for $500 would heat the room faster, this unit replaced a Arlec tower fan heater that was 2400w compared with 2000w & $160, I can honestly say the arlec heated the room much better, design & everything else on the Dyson is much better, fan & everything on the A09 is very close to perfect, if heating was better would be close to a 10. Only had this for a day so hope I don't have to come back & comment on reliability.

Vicki
Vicki10 posts
RickEDEN HILLS27 posts

Does not cool

False advertising or at the least misleading, claims POWERFUL cooling, not true. It's just a fan and a very expensive one, for the price you could buy a REAL reverse cycle air conditioner that does actually cool. Efficient heating? How? 2000 watts of power( and you need a magnifying glass to find this) same as any fan heater you could buy for 1/10th the price. Power use not mentioned in the manual. Returned for full refund thankfully. Stick to vacuum cleaners.

Rick

The efficiency of any electric space heater is almost 100% because almost all purchased energy is converted to building heat. So the AM09 is more efficient? More than 100% efficient? WOW he is a clever bloke that Dyson fellow...

Concerned about you
Concerned about youSydney2 posts

Amateurs

After reading all the negative comments here on the Dyson heat + cool, I decided to buy one because I knew these comments would be false (I also own a Dyson tower fan and find it to be wonderful) and to my expectations this is just as wonderful as my tower fan. Those negative comments are people that don’t know how to use the unit in particular those that complained it was too loud, I guess they don’t realise you can turn down the fan portion of the heater to be quieter. Personally, I have the fan part set to a 3 and the temperature to 23 and it heats up a room in no time. The bigger the room the higher the temperature, and it goes all the way to 37.

harmo
harmoACT, 291498 posts
James Heslehurst
James HeslehurstIllawarra, NSW7 posts
Vickie
VickieSydney, NSW3 posts

Unsatisfied

Wish i read reviews before i bought this.

Only had it for 3 days & unless you are sitting on top of it not much good.

I have dyson products & i love them. Unfortunately this is not one of them.

Is there a money back guarantee on this item?

lebron720
lebron720Sydney Surrounds, NSW62 posts

Glad they had a 30 day money back guarantee

Decided to try this during their 30 day money back guarantee promotion. While it is very stylish, unfortunately it did not heat my room up as warm as I had expected. The wide angle setting made the me feel cold when it would blow past. The jet stream is warm but you have to sit right in front of it. I ended up returning it. Customer service was fantastic and the process was hassle free. I was able to take it to my local post office to return to Dyson which made everything very simple.

Graham
Graham

Dreadful

Stopped working after a couple of days.

Returned it to Dyson who took many weeks to "repair" it but it still does not work.

Had to wait 20 minutes for Dyson call centre to book it in for another service.

Not at all impressed. I am not convinced the cool fan is any better or quieter than a $30 fan.

cute_meow
cute_meowSydney, NSW12 posts

Love love love it!

I really love my Dyson Hot+Cool. It is slim and nice design, it is safe for my toddler. It can be set to certain temperature and will stop once the preferred room temperature is reached and will be on stand by. Which is perfect for my toddler’s room during winter.

For summer days, the fan is quite nice unless on super hot days then we will use AC.

It’s very quiet, you can barely hear it. It is easy to clean, I just use a duster. It is a lot more expensive than the other heaters but I still think it’s worth it.

EGoode
EGoodeIllawarra, NSW4 posts

Expensive crap

No this fan is terrible. Just after the warranty ran out (which was only 12 months) the swivel stopped working, the heating stopped working and the cool fan lost noticeable velocity! And now 3 years after buying it, it’s completely dead!!!

I ended up buying a cheap fan and heater from Kmart and they are still going strong and don’t use as much electricity!!!

Robyn
RobynNewcastle3 posts
  AM09

Best heater we have ever used

Best heater for us. Not too noisy and gives a very comfortable heater. Has various heats, speeds and fan width. We are using it a lot in a room for an ill person and it is fantastic. Only problem is that sometimes dislodges from the base when moved to us it’s 10/10 and we highly recommend it.

Show details ·  1

Azzalom
AzzalomAuckland
  AM09

Works as a general fan but the heating function very flawed

Hi Dyson, Very disappointed in this product. I have numerous Dyson products and they are great however this one doesn’t stack up to your name. I have 2 AM 09 bought recently and both are flawed in heating mode. We have 2 children under 2 and these either overheat their rooms at night or underheat them. I have been in contact with Dyson twice but still no response. Please help as I am at the point of pursuing money back via consumer guarantees act. Knowing what I know now I would never have purchased these if I knew these were that bad. Please help.

Joanna
Joanna2 posts

Stylish and Practical

My husband purchased this for me as I am always cold in winter and putting the heater on in the entire house was not energy wise to warm 2 people.

The heater works amazingly. Much hotter than really needed. It heats up a large room easily and the remote allows you to change its settings without getting up :)

The fan works well when you are close by. Just don’t be fooled when it says ‘cool’ because it isn’t an air conditioner. The fan is handy to use at night before bed to cool down the room, set the timer and allow it to shut off once you are asleep.

I recommend this device so much that I bought another one for my elderly mother.

Danger
DangerMelbourne9 posts

Very handy to have

Was really surprised at how fast this works. The fan provides adequate cooling however on warmer days it's not as cooling but rather blows warm air. It can be a bit loud when the fan is turned on high but that is to be expected. What I really love is the hot component. Heats up the room in short amount of time and able to set at exact temperature needed.

CSNGU
CSNGUMelbourne5 posts
  AM09

Expensive, but so worth it

Took me a while to decide if I should pick it up or not. Now that I have, no regrets at all. It looks very stylish sitting in my living room for both winter an summer use. Very quiet and easy to use. Much quieter than my previous fan which broken after using it a few times on high speed.

Nar Chamlagain
Nar ChamlagainElizabeth Vale3 posts

Worth the high price

I was hesitant to buy, it’s expensive, but I saw it in action at a friend’s house and it worked great and was quiet. Mine is just as good. Much quieter than my cheaper one, warms quickly, does a good job coming back on when the temp drops in the middle of the night.

Laurence
Laurence5 posts
  AM09

Everything was fine expect for one thing

Our daughter recommended this product and as we have a Dyson Tower fan and am pleased with that, so we bought this Cool Link Air Purifier. Our only frustration is with the remote, it suffers the same problem as the tower remote as it is far too limited and has to be in direct line of the unit to operate. As this product is recommended for use in bedrooms etc. it is not always possible to have such a direct line of site. Almost all other remotes that we have in the house do not have this limitation and considering the price of this unit, the remote really lets down, what otherwise is a great product.

Jane
Jane29 posts
  AM05
Henry H
Henry HSydney4 posts

Dyson Hot+Cool - does the job

This compact and stylish fan does the job. I purchased this for use in winter however the fan function has come in readily handy for summer. It is not the most powerful fan however the range of angles, timer function and variable speeds are definite advantage over cheapo fans you can buy at Bunnings. The only downside is at the lower speeds when the fan is turning, there is a notable squeak... have yet try to return to Bing Lee/Dyson.

Show details ·  1

Bill
BillGold coast4 posts

Very quiet

Extremely happy with the desktop fan, smaller than I originally thought as it was purchased online but it sits on a desk nicely without taking too much space and extremely quiet.

Power consumption is also improved than conventional multi speed fan from bunnings. Overall extremely happy with the product and wireless remote.

Nicky
Nicky4 posts

Superb !!!!

We use this fan in our house and it's just perfect. The small size means it fits discreetly in the corner of the room. It has a noise, I would say it is quiet when on low, but it hasn't bothered us at all. It's also light weight so we have moved it around to other parts of the house easily (moving only requires one hand). I highly recommend this fan.

Shruti
Shruti4 posts

Perfect

During these hot days ofcourse we turned on the air conditioner but on the days when it was not too hot we used the dyson. It is very helpful specially when people are sitting in a room, one is feeling hot and another one is not feeling hot. Dyson is helpful then

Ryan L
Ryan LLaunceston6 posts

Pretty Good

The unit works at expected. It is quiet when you have the speed on low but when you set it on high it is quite loud with the sound of rushing air. The size is smaller than I imagined. It is quite low on the ground, so the tilt feature comes in handy.

Binger Peng
Binger Peng4 posts
  AM09

this is a amazing product

It was bought at 38 degrees in Melbourne because it was really hot at the time. This product really amazes me, whether it's appearance or final performance, it comes with a small remote control, you can adjust the size of the wind, the range, and timing, so I am very comfortable using. Second, it can also adjust the fan angle, so I really enjoy the cool, I highly recommend this product.

David
DavidBrisbane8 posts
  AM05

Great but expensive and maybe better with a 12 Kmart unit

We had the fan for a while now. Its very good and functional but for the price tag aside from a good looking device and able to speak out loud you own a Dyson when friends visiting the kmart heater and fan cost 12 bucks work as well as good.

Joyce
Joyce

overpriced and noisy

Overall I am not very satisfied with this product as it's a very loud fan but with low power. Plus the radius it covers is quite limited too. A few days later i bought a normal fan from Kmart which only cost me $18 but more power. Heating function is OK. Price is too high for the actual outcome. Quite a disappointment.

Art
ArtSydney4 posts

Great fast heater

I always love Dyson products but this small piece of kit is amazing... so many functions! Able to use with a iPhone with its own app! Brilliant machine. Heater is amazing and fan also works well. Looks great, nice and quiet unless on full fan. Would recommend as an ideal extra in any room

James C
James CSydney6 posts
  AM09

Heating and cooling does what it needs to

Everything works really well, you won't find a better heater and cooler fan. Just the price is really expensive. But all in all, you still get what you pay and the build quality is strong and sturdy also accompanied by many features such as anti-tilt on offer for the fan.

Matthew
Matthew8 posts
  AM04

Dyson Loud + Expensive

Honestly the Dyson Hot+Cool is way too pricey for what it does.

YES it does blow heated air and cooled air but it is quite weak, if you put it on a stronger setting then it becomes incredibly noisy.

The only good thing about it is that the actual product does not get hot so there is no way to burn yourself or others.

Bernard
BernardCanberra 2600, ACT5 posts

Nice looking and functional

Dyson has always been giving us visually beautiful products. The heating function is pretty good, however the fan part needs to be more powerful. Noise on higher setting can be still on the high side although this is not the AM05 which makes you start to think, this is not something that a $15 fan cannot do. All in all, if you prefer something nice to look at, functional and you have extra money, this is a great fan.

savcn78
savcn78NSW, 22185 posts
  AM09

Only good for the heat option in Winter

I was quite disappointed with this Dyson fan. It was the first Dyson fan I have purchased and I will admit I purchased it due to brand reputation. Although it has a really nice modern design and looks good, in terms of functionality, it is lacking a bit. The 'cool' fan is not particularly strong and not very cooling even at the highest level. Once you turn it up, it is also incredibly loud. I rarely use it in summer and have since purchased a high velocity fan at a much lower cost to replace this. However, in Winter it is very useful and creates warm air which has saved it from me returning it to the store.

JenConsumes
JenConsumesSydney, NSW7 posts
  AM09

Great to look at but ineffective

I love the idea of this fan, and I was impressed with its looks, but it just doesn’t cool as well as our $90 Kmart fan. We have only used it in summer so far, so haven’t tested the heating function properly, but as a cooling fan we were disappointed. It is very loud but doesn’t cool a small bedroom or circulate the air as efficiently as an (admittedly ugly) traditional pedestal fan.

On the plus side it takes up much less room than a pedestal fan, and as it is bladeless you don’t have to take it apart every few months to wipe clean.

I’m hopeful we can get value out of it as a heater during the cooler months.

Chazzie
ChazzieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts
  AM09

Great fan. Very silent and looks good

Bought this mainly as a heater as The old heater I have is broken. It’s very silent and heats up the room quickly without making my skib super dry.

Have been using it in summer as well as a fan, not as effective, but provide quite a decent relief as long as it’s less than 35 C

JPK
JPKBurwood7 posts
  Verified AM09

Average fan with an expensive price tag

Purchased this fan more than 6 months ago during winter to mainly function as a heater.

This works fine as a heater but the power output could be much better given the price tag. The focus mode works much better if you're using it alone.

For the fan mode, this is really disappointing. Could not really feel the breeze from it unless you turn it up to maximum, which makes it really noisy.

I would not recommend purchasing this fan unless you have extra spare cash and really like the design of it.

Kathryn
KathrynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC8 posts
  AM09

Amazing for summer and winter use

Incredibly happy with this purchase. Bought it mainly for winter use as my house does not have heating. It is perfect at heating up a large lounge area. The cooling mode is more effective than a ceiling fan in the same room.

Not a cheap RRP but worth every cent.