7Dyson Hot+Cool Fan Heater

36%14%51%

Sophia
SophiaMelbourne10 posts
  AM09

It's good to have two in one

It's building up my Bill, also it quite loud, its actually making me have to turn everything we louder. That's not good

And it's too low and the range of the wind is not big enough.

The only thing I think it's good is that I use it to dry my hair. It's faster then using the dryer.

Leo L
Leo LAU5 posts

This Osborne absolutely perfect

This fan help me a lot in this summer, so many different level of the wind it make suit all my needs

The hot model make air warm very fast and stable

Very quite operation almost can ignore the sound it make

Definitely a good product with a very good design

Tony
Tony6 posts

too pricy

This is a good product with an amazing designe. I would rate 5 stars for the design itself. However, I don't think it's worth that much amount of money as a cooling fan. It's work alright but there are tons of fan can do the job which save you lots of money. In conclusion, buy a normal heater or fan instead.

Ppok1989
Ppok1989Sydney4 posts

Very good

Slim and sleek finish. Small and compact, easy to carry and store. Minimum noise and most importantly safe with no blades! It is great for families with kids or old people. Power wise not as strong as a big standing fan but equivalent of not better to the small traditional fans.

wkp123
wkp123Melbourne12 posts

Great for heater

Purchased this as an upgrade from the AM07 (cool only tower) and it has not disappointed in the Heater department, however we feel that it has definitely lacked the cooling part of the fan. it is definitely significantly weaker in the cooling area where it is not as strong as the AM07. I would recommend only buying this as a heater if you are predominately using it as a heater with the occasional cooler fan. For $575, probably would pass next time as a combo.

Milkie
Milkie4 posts
  AM09

Good

We relocated to Hobart during winter, and then bought this machine! It’s quite amazing! Excellent design about the remover, we dont need to wake up to turn it on and off. During all the summer time, it may not work so well, but it’s enough if you are living in Tasmania.

Luxe
LuxeMelbourne4 posts
  AM09

Great fan, not as great as you would expect for the price though

A huge fan of Dyson products which is what brought me to purchase the fan! The fan gets frequently used for both heating and cooling and is quiet through both of these modes. The built in digital timer is great especially for the use in bedrooms at night time. The lack of functionality of the unit without a remote seems like a pretty huge oversight by Dyson as if you cannot find the remote and want to use the fan but have it stuck on heating until you find the remote is less then ideal.

Julian W
Julian W4 posts

Great Heater, Regular Fan

I purchased this in winter to be used primarily as a heater for my living room. It does a great job heating the entire room, sometimes even making it too hot. The remote control is very handy and easy to use. It is small and sometimes get lost, but that's probably on me. If anything, it is a bit noisy, but when the TV or some music is going you don't notice it. The fan is OK. I have used it during summer recently and it really is no different to a regular pedestal fan. For the price it is a bit steep, but it is Dyson.

Sam Howard
Sam HowardSydney6 posts
  AM09

Can't live without this fan anymore! Recommend to everyone!

Works as advertised. Has a heater and fan that works really well, it keeps me warm and cool depending on the weather. Price might be a bit high to justify for a purchase but if you have the money its really worth it. It is bladeless meaning that there is no risk of danger.

Elaine
ElaineGordon4 posts
  AM09

Good fan and good heater

The fan is very quiet so you won't notice it's on. Both the heater and fan work well, however the range is a bit short so make sure you have the fan close to you. The fan is quite short but I find it's good to cool down/warm up your legs and feet, and normally this is enough in Sydney weather. I like how it is quite small and won't clog the space and it looks quite sleek and don't have to pack it in off season :) (as it is suitable for both cold and hot haha)

Toc
Toc4 posts

Does the job!

Great product although price point is steep. I have several Dyson branded items and this one doesn't disappoint along with the others . It is super quiet and fairly effective in both heating and cooling. The heating function I tend to use more as the cooling function doesn't quite do as good a job as a split system would in terms of coldness. Still happy with it.

starzz123
starzz1236 posts

Safe fan with heater

I always love Dyson products, yes they are pricey but their quality is without question. Love how this fan is safe, so parents don't need to worry about kids hurting themselves with this fan. Heater is good for small room. Don't buy them full price, hurts the pocket, always hunt for a sale.

Radhabb
RadhabbSydney4 posts

Good fan

This is a good fan for the price. Recommend it. It has got oscillator which helps in cooling or heating a room 180 degrees. The problem is with the height. I have been using it for 3 months and I recommend it to anyone. Having 2 fans to escape the scorching sydney summer.

Ozg80
Ozg80Sydney6 posts

Very good Fan with heater

Dyson wont be disappointed, very sleek looking Dyson fan, comes with a little remote control, 1-10 fan speed which is sufficient for a small to medium room. I picked this one over other as it used as a heater for us in bedroom, with temperature automatic adjustable by itself.

The only negative side is it could be quieter and the price tag is not for everyone.

JaCe888
JaCe888Sydney, NSW29 posts
Toni
ToniSydney4 posts

Good Fan

This is a good Fan. Great design and good remote control functions. It is energy efficient and the heater works great. The cold air options can be improved. Thought it would be colder. A great feature is that is it bladeless and still turns the air around. Amazing.However, I find it a bit loud at times (when you blow warm air) and the price is also quite high.

sunnywaylabs
sunnywaylabsAustralia8 posts
  AM05

Great fan but a bit noisy for the price

I love the features & functionality of this fan but it’s noisier than I would have liked.

I bought 2 as I am an asthmatic & they’re super easy to clean. Easy to operate, comes with a remote which stores magnetically on the top of the unit. A great feature.

I also love the hot and cold in the 1 fan.

Unless Dyson addresses the noise issue I wouldn’t buy another. My $15 cheapie does just as good a job & is almost silent - but harder to clean.

Show details ·  1

Clark
ClarkGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC21 posts

Meh

Thought this would be an amazing product but alas its all just a fad. Whisper quiet but the fan pressure is not great. Add to that the coolness as it were is also not great. A 10 dollars comparison at kmart is well worth the investment over this. Unfortunate purchase.

Manje
ManjeSydney
  AM05

For the price, the product experience is unacceptable

Summary: For the price, you'd expect a better experience with the product AND servicing when the product doesn't function like it's supposed to.

Good:

Design; combines a fan and heater with the air purifier; Generally quiet with a good night function; App works great to schedule and operate fan remotely.

Bad:

Slight hissing noise at higher fan speeds.

I bought it for the air purifier function which worked well for a month before the filter starting to make air smell foul.

Servicing includes free postage to the service center but they don't organise a pick up.

Servicing can take about 2-3 weeks including postage time.

Remote can back with several scratches.

Lillolcat
LillolcatSydney7 posts

love it

I love the Dyson brand, true they are a tad pricy but they are a must have! this fan is bladeless to begin with, so I don't worry about my toddler putting his hand on it. it's dual function can be used both in winter and in summer, which eliminates the need of having 2 appliances. it is pretty quiet, I only wish that the power cord was a bit longer, but that is easily fixed with an extension cord.

Irene
Irene

Scared to leave it on

This is the second one as the first one started on its own if the house was hot or cold ,this one is doing it also it has started up twice this afternoon on its own and our heating has been on for days ,I like my older version better ,it's not as cold as the last one it could be another return .

Lilsammi
Lilsammi

One day

Look, feel, noise, great. HOWEVER, day2 horrific smell, not sure if burning or chemical smell. The 1 star is for the worst customer service ever. They lie in every sentence. Don't trust them so cannot buy another from Dyson. Sent numerous emails and tweets to no satisfaction. Carefully review product reviews before purchase.

Treena DV
Treena DVSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Disappointed With Dyson AM05 Hot + Cool Fan

After being such loyal Dyson Vacuum officianados for so long we thought ‘their fans must be bloody amazing” right? So wrong.

The fan offers barely a whisper of air and is so noisy you can’t watch the television. Recently we took the fan on holiday but could not use the setting above 3 as we were unable to think let alone sleep due to the noise it made. Dyson would do well to test their fans in Queensland.....it gets hot here! Still love my vacuum but wouldn’t buy another Dyson product again.

Janice
Janice
  AM04

If it only lasted more then a year

I brought my heater one year ago today. When i Took it out of the original box to use for the 2nd time and it will not blow hot air. I hope Dyson either replaces it or they fix it at no cost. Not satisfied with this product at all.

Athina
Athina

Waste of money

Not happy at all with my dyson

I don't have an air-conditioning or heater in my unit(I know it's just a fan) but does not warm my rooms up at all. It went in for repair as it was faulty with heating and cooling but still is the same. I don't get. It what is the point if very cold or hot outside it really does not cool or warm up(just an update fan from Kmart)

Sumit
SumitPerth, WA10 posts
  Verified AM05

Way too expensive for what it does

I had AM05 purchased from David jones under impression big brand high quality. Never used it for a while as it was in spare room. I had it for over an year, just started to use for the past few weeks and realised its a piece of junk. So much noisy if run at high speed 10. Not worth a while and recommended. The only 1st dyson product will not buy anything for dyson in future due to this type of quality they manufacture and introduce in the market.

Julien D
Julien DMelbourne2 posts

Good Value

Very happy with this unit. Living in Melbourne I have only really used the heating function but it works well and gives off a nice heat without being too artificial or a bad smell which I have always got with other brands. A little expensive but suppose that’s the brand Dyson. Still love the fact it has no blades as well, looks nice in a corner and no dust to clean.....

Myra G
Myra G8 posts

Good as Heater but not as Cooler

With its high price compare to others, I am expecting more. The fan has dual function. You can use it as a cooler or heater. As heater I must say it is a winner! Considering its size, it can warm up the whole room plus it has auto shut whenever it reaches a certain temperature then resume if the temperature is turning cold. As a cooler, I was a bit disappointed as it is like a normal fan. I thought it will give a little bit colder temperature. I find it a bit pricey.

Carmen L
Carmen LSydney, NSW15 posts
  AM09

Saved me from the winter

It took me a long time to decide on buying this for the winter as it is quite expensive but I finally bought it with 20% discount.

I'm very happy with it as it heats up instantly and the heat or hot air is not as harsh as the traditional ones (not drying out my skin much). I consider it quiet although not as quiet as the oil heater.

In addition, it is safe to use as the unit itself will never get too hot to touch so great with kids at home!

Again, the price tag is big but I haven't found another heater better than this. Yet to try the cool fan function.

Vera V
Vera VSydney, NSW7 posts
  Verified AM05

Good heater and cooler in one!

We bought this Dyson hot+cool last August. We liked the idea of an appliance being dual purpose because our house is tiny and space is a premium. I am satisfied with the heating and cooling it provides inside our bedroom. We should have bought one more unit for the lounge area. Great buy!

Stewart Lawrance
Stewart LawranceCanberra Central 2601, ACT17 posts

Expensive but well designed

Bought this because I have small kids around and liked the covered blades design.

Unit is noisy while heating and struggles to heat the whole room.

Remote is well designed and easy to use.

I would use this as a top up heater for a room rather than the sole heater.

Daffne C
Daffne CShelly Beach, NSW4 posts

So quiet and so warm

We love our Dyson... perfect for those nights when the temperature dropped a little to chilly.

Looking forward to summer, when we can try the cooling options.

The remote control works wonderfully, even from a long distance and the tilt mechanism is wonderful for pointing the flow of air.

Cass C
Cass CCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC9 posts
  AM09

The heating is loud however effective

The power is good and the heater is effective however the fan is quite loud. I like the remote and the functionality of the heater and fan however it is not perfect, considering the price. I have had it in my bedroom but it is to noisy to sleep so likely to move it to the guest room.

lisamarie8
lisamarie8Illawarra, NSW16 posts

Dyson AM05 Hot + Cool

I recently purchased a Dyson AM05 Hot + Cool from Big W for $399.

I was excited knowing that it as a 'Dyson' product and that it is bladeless/stylish etc.

I seriously considered returning it when I had just bought it as it is quite expensive for what it is.

Compared with a $12 heater from Kmart, I'm a little dissapointed. It does the job but it is nothing special.

Natalia M
Natalia MAU
  Verified AM04

This is perfect!

It saved our lives and health during this winter. Very efficient, modern design and so quiet. Moreover, the timer function is very useful as you don't have to worry about going to sleep and turning it off. I would recommend it to everyone who likes nice gadgets and care about good-looking interior.

Disappointed customer
Disappointed customerCanberra 2600, ACT12 posts

Beat the heat (and cold)

This product has been a saviour in the cold Canberra winter. Cannot live without this. Set at 26 degrees for 2 hours to help warm up the bedroom before falling asleep. Have not yet tried the fan, but looking forward to this function in summer. The fan is small, but the right size for the bedroom.

Paul
Paul

what heating ?

I just bought this machine in the middle of winter with high hopes of relief from the cold. After setting the temperature of the machine at 25 degrees and speed at 7, I waited a whole 8 hours and the room thermometer only went up from 14 degrees to 15 degrees in a 3 by 4 m room with the door closed ! No problem with the noise though but everybody should ignore all the sales pitch at The Good Guys . Paul

Sabrina
SabrinaSydney3 posts
Jillian G
Jillian GNorthern Region, NSW5 posts
  AM05

Way over priced for what it does

We bought this a few years ago now but stopped using it after they were recalled. We sent ours off as requested and when we got it back it wouldn't even warm up our small bathroom, of course within a week it was out of warranty so we couldn't even return it. We could have spent under $100 to get something that actually did the job. I think Dyson are just trading on their name now and the products dont always do what you pay for.

Sean Brisbane
Sean BrisbaneBrisbane4 posts
  Verified AM05

Don't buy this product (or any other Dyson product)

Heater was very expense and quality was poor. Fan was too loud and not powerful enough. The unit broke after a few years of very light use so I called Dyson and they told me as the unit was recalled for safety reasons they would repair it for no charge - this was a lie. After much hassle returning the heater (as they didn't provide a box) they called me back and asked me to pay for the repairs (a new motor) and that they wouldn't honour the initial agreement. The repair would cost almost as much as a new unit. No thank you Dyson I will spend my money elsewhere. I have thrown the heater into the bin. I will never purchase anything again from such a deceitful company with such awful customer service.