White/Silver, Black/Nickel

• Power
  • Pet OwnerYes (23) · No (21)
  • Smokers Yes (4) · No (41)
  • Air Quality Improvement
  • Odour Improvement

Pail

PailSydney, NSW

Overpriced

This unit is way overpriced I have a Bunnings 6” fan for $10 that blows quieter and way more powerful than this Dyson hp04. I know it purifiers and can blow hot but $899 really Dyson!!. Seriously it’s noisy at level 6 and that could not blow bubbles in a bath. Unless you have money to throw away get a $250 air purifier and an Bunnings $10 fan.. oh and also a oil heater $100. Still $400 saving and will defo 100% blow better

Purchased in April 2021 for $799.00.

ONLY HAD A FEW DAYS AND IT DOESN'T WORK

So far I have had to return 2 Dyson Hot/Cold Purifiers due to them not working. I just got my third replacement last week and what happens today? I have an exclamation mark and the machine won't do anything. So tomorrow I have to call Dyson ONCE AGAIN and get this resolved. Very disgusted with Dyson products at this point. Also, filters are extremely hard to get and I need a new filter for another Dyson Purifier that I have. This is really disgusting all the way around. Dyson needs to look at their quality.

Purchased in February 2021 for $499.00.

LouisePerth, WA

First and last Dyson product

Louise

I had successfully got the full refund from good guy and an unexpected new fan from Dyson delivered to my doorstep out of goodwill weeks after.

Will continue to support other Dyson products despite of the one off bad experience on the fan.

KS

KSBraddon 2612, ACT

Good Heater, Good Air Purifier, Terrible Fan

Had this product for over a year.
Did a good job for purifying the air.
Does a good job in winter for heating up small-medium size rooms
Absolutely useless in summer. Low speeds do not push enough air around, high speeds are noisy.
On low speeds it emits a whine/squeel noise which is common according problem you will see on forums and youtube.
Dyson support were not helpful.
Other fans at 1/10th of the price does a much better job then this.

Purchased in January 2020 at qantas store for $720.00.

Kirsty

Kirsty

Do not buy

We have had this product for 4 months, all was well but now the exclamation mark inside a triangle on the display and the machine doesn't work. Piece of junk.

Purchased in July 2020 for $900.00.

Room TypeLiving/Dining Area

LAMAMUSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good purifier but can't use due to no filter in stock for months.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $999.00.

Ahardy

AhardyVictoria

I can breathe again!

Please, if you struggle with allergies or even just wish to feel safe during bushfire season and with the polluted world in general.... purchase this purifier.
I never thought a piece of comfort and health technology would bring me so much happiness. Thanks Mr. Dyson!!! You’re up there with Elon Musk as one of my favourite inventors <3

Purchased in September 2020.

Eastie

EastieSydney, NSW

Not Worth The Money

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for $498.00.

Anna.S

Anna.SSydney, NSW

Love this, it's great for my bronchitis

I used to cough during winter season all the time and thought this purifier would great to filter out all the dust in the air. And it worked! I still cough every now and then but there's a significant difference between back then and now.

I have almost all Dyson product (vacuum cleaner, dryer and this) but this is by far their best invention.

Maggie B.

Maggie B.Perth, WA

Waste of money.

Does not deliver heat far enough. 2 seater sofa, 2nd person feels cool air, the person closest feels some heat. ( set at 37)
Bought last week & fan stable on a hard wood floor. Not satisfied. Waste of money.

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys.

Power
MattCBR

MattCBRCanberra 2600, ACT

Awesome machine over past 6 months

I originally bought this fan in December 2019 during the bushfires, it worked great initially and got rid of the smoke smell from my house. Note that it has average cooling abilities, because it's only a fan, not an AC. But I was generally happy with it until I began to use the heating function, when it started making a whirring noise to the point it would wake me up at night and i would have to turn it off.

I sent it to Dyson and they replaced it, the new one works perfectly. Heats the room very quickly, and it automatically turns on if you set it to, and you can also control via iPhone.

Overally pretty happy with it, but very expensive!! $899!

Purchased in December 2019 for $899.00.

Sue C

Sue CSydney, NSW

Love this product

This fan/purifier is fantastic. It is quiet & very easy to move around to different rooms. My stuffy nose is a lot less now in the mornings so that is a huge plus. I love the Night time setting and the timer, and the phone “app” as well.

Purchased in June 2020 at Dyson.

Noise Level

Simone

SimoneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not 100% but still great

The fan and heating options are fantastic. It is very stable and well-made. It was very easy to set up and control via my phone using the Dyson App. The only thing I don't like is that the schedules within the app work to turn off the fan, but not to turn back on. It's a shame because other than that I think that it is well worth the money if you need an air purifier and heater.

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $799.00.

Kirralee K.

Kirralee K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wasn’t for Us

We purchased this fan from Jb Hi Fi. It came highly recommended. When purchasing the fan we indicated that we wanted an extra heat source for an on-site caravan but more specifically to keep our kids room warm in the annexe. Unfortunately it really struggled to heat the room. It was used for 4 days and struggled to lift to room temperature I also didn’t notice any difference in the air quality. I was pretty disappointed considering the price and for the amount of money we spent we are better off getting a small split system installed. We have now returned this item.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $800.00.

KimberleySydney, NSW

Poor quality control on product

If the product worked as described it would be great.
Unfortunately, we’ve had nothing but issues. Our machine has been replaced twice now for different faults - we thought “third time lucky”... unfortunately that wasn’t the case and now we are getting a refund. If you’ve got time to constantly call centre support and drive around getting the models replaced this is for you. Otherwise don’t waste your money.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $899.00.

DysonDyson

This is certainly not the normal experience.

We are happy to help you purchase a machine if this is still what you are after. Please just forward your details and review to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to discuss further and assist.

Craig Evans

Craig EvansSydney, NSW

Impressive product

Really happy with my Dyson purchase. It looks great and does the job much better than any other heater I've had. I'd certainly recommend this product even though they're not cheap.

Disappointing product

Purchased in May 2020 at Dyson.

Jeffrey Tan

Jeffrey Tan

Grinding noise when changing airflow direction from back to front

I expect a smoother mechanical for a super expensive appliance.
This is the second unit i have exchanged. Disturbing noise got better but still persist.
It maybe a common issue with this model.
Not sure how it passed the test.

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for $899.00.

Pratap I.

Pratap I.Sydney, NSW

Perfect for Heating small rooms and purification

Really satisfied with the dyson, it looks and works real good. The heating of a small room is pretty quick and the fan speed is good too. The dyson link app is fantastic.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for $898.00.

Archiegirl

ArchiegirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money, absolutely tragic purchase

Worked well for about a month, then just refused to work again. I know it’s under warranty but seriously why do we have to pay almost a thousand dollars to have to chase our tails to get satisfaction. I will never buy another Dyson product. This one will be in the appliance graveyard.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys.

Vida Thomsonasked

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04

On our Dyson Pure Hot and Cool the other morning the PM reading was RED and showing 999. The air quality bar was at the very top of the graph. We have had the unit for a couple of years and replaced both filters about 2 months ago. Filter use symbol shows there has been little use in terms of the new filters.
I switched off and unplugged the unit. Waited for 10 minutes. Wiped the exterior then turned it back on. My concern is that the PM readings continually fluctuate and go up to the HIGH (orange and red) - e.g. 90, 77, 47. The fluctuations also are very rapid - changing and not staying static on a reading for any length of time at all. PM also varies showing "10" or "2.5" and the 'flower graphic' shows the 'floating particles'. This is REALLY unusual and it has not done this in the past apart from the last 2 days.
Prior to seeing the sensor reading showing 999, our regular PM readings were 1 or 2 at the most and even when cooking/frying in the kitchen the highest, temporary PM reading would get to maybe 30 and then go back down to negligible when cooking was completed.
Now in the last 2 days the PM reading will not go down below 37. Please help. Nothing in the house has changed. We have opened windows and doors and turned off and re started the unit but this issue persists. Currently it is reading 30, 31 36 then 37 (yellow) then 38 and changing constantly over less than 20 seconds. If I move the unit even a short distance in the same room from where it is currently positioned it will go up to PM readings of 54, 58, 70 showing 10 or 2.5PM .

Vida Thomson

Finally worked out that all that was needed to fix the problem was to remove the filters and vacuum the sensor slots. Unfortunately this simple fix was not made evident in any Troubleshooting detail from Dyson.

Roger K.

Roger K.asked

White/Silver

just replaced all filters. One light is flashing red, the other light is sold blue?

DysonDyson

While the filters have been changed, it sounds like the filter timer needs to be reset. You can see how to do this via this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bog3NMu9ZU

If we can assist further, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts. Our contact details can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Brian

Brianasked

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04

Hi I have a dyson pure hot and cool tower fan, my hepa filter shows to change it and my carbon one shows 41% used.
I cannot see that these filters are sold separately so I have ordered from dyson for £65 for both, also if I just changed the hepa filter surely over time I will have a build up of spare carbon filters.
I will probably change both of them at the same time but was interested to know what everyone else does thank you in advance

DysonDyson

Depending on your region, these filters may be available separately.

In the UK, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, chat or email with our contact information found here: https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/contact-us. Our UK Dyson Experts will be happy to assist with part availability for you.

See all Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04 questions

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare both Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04
CategoryFans and Air PurifiersFans and Air Purifiers
Price (RRP) $899.00$899.00
FeaturesBladeless, HEPA Filter, Oscillating, Remote Control and TimerBladeless, HEPA Filter, Oscillating, Remote Control and Timer
Colour / FinishWhite/SilverBlack/Nickel
Number of Speed Settings1010
HEPA FilterYesYes
FeaturesAdjustable Speed Settings, Automatic Air Quality Monitor, Carbon Filter, Filter Life Indicator, Mobile App, Remote Control and TimerAdjustable Speed Settings, Automatic Air Quality Monitor, Carbon Filter, Filter Life Indicator, Mobile App, Remote Control and Timer
Maximum Noise Level62 db62 db
Weight5.7 kg5.7 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Construction