Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04 Questions & Answers

White/Silver, Black/Nickel

23 questions from our users

Vida Thomsonasked

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04

On our Dyson Pure Hot and Cool the other morning the PM reading was RED and showing 999. The air quality bar was at the very top of the graph. We have had the unit for a couple of years and replaced both filters about 2 months ago. Filter use symbol shows there has been little use in terms of the new filters.
I switched off and unplugged the unit. Waited for 10 minutes. Wiped the exterior then turned it back on. My concern is that the PM readings continually fluctuate and go up to the HIGH (orange and red) - e.g. 90, 77, 47. The fluctuations also are very rapid - changing and not staying static on a reading for any length of time at all. PM also varies showing "10" or "2.5" and the 'flower graphic' shows the 'floating particles'. This is REALLY unusual and it has not done this in the past apart from the last 2 days.
Prior to seeing the sensor reading showing 999, our regular PM readings were 1 or 2 at the most and even when cooking/frying in the kitchen the highest, temporary PM reading would get to maybe 30 and then go back down to negligible when cooking was completed.
Now in the last 2 days the PM reading will not go down below 37. Please help. Nothing in the house has changed. We have opened windows and doors and turned off and re started the unit but this issue persists. Currently it is reading 30, 31 36 then 37 (yellow) then 38 and changing constantly over less than 20 seconds. If I move the unit even a short distance in the same room from where it is currently positioned it will go up to PM readings of 54, 58, 70 showing 10 or 2.5PM .

Vida Thomson

Finally worked out that all that was needed to fix the problem was to remove the filters and vacuum the sensor slots. Unfortunately this simple fix was not made evident in any Troubleshooting detail from Dyson.

Roger K.

Roger K.asked

White/Silver

just replaced all filters. One light is flashing red, the other light is sold blue?

DysonDyson

While the filters have been changed, it sounds like the filter timer needs to be reset. You can see how to do this via this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bog3NMu9ZU

If we can assist further, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts. Our contact details can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Brian

Brianasked

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04

Hi I have a dyson pure hot and cool tower fan, my hepa filter shows to change it and my carbon one shows 41% used.
I cannot see that these filters are sold separately so I have ordered from dyson for £65 for both, also if I just changed the hepa filter surely over time I will have a build up of spare carbon filters.
I will probably change both of them at the same time but was interested to know what everyone else does thank you in advance

DysonDyson

Depending on your region, these filters may be available separately.

In the UK, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, chat or email with our contact information found here: https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/contact-us. Our UK Dyson Experts will be happy to assist with part availability for you.

Michelle W.

Michelle W.asked

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04

I have a 2 month old Dyson Air Purifier, heater and cooler. When I turn it on I get a triangle with an ! in it. I have tried everything. Different outlet, leaving it off for a while, holing done the oscillator button, holding down the power button etc...no luck! Very disappointed. Help! I am in the United States.

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your machine. Unfortunately you've come through to the Australian Product review site, for further assistance we'd kindly ask you to please reach out to our helpline in the US on https://www.dyson.com/support/contact-us

Rodman72

Rodman72asked

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04

I have hp04 it runs fine when it running. But when I turn it off. Than turn it back on it start up for one minute than Triangle pops up. This happens each time I turn off. What up with this. This is a brand new unit. Expensive one!

DysonDyson

Thank you for your question.

This sounds very strange and is certainly not to be expected. We'd like to learn more and help resolve this for you however we require further information, please send us through an email to aucustomercare@dyson.com and one of our experts will be in touch as soon as possible to assist.

Hilda Alicia C.
Hilda Alicia C.

I have the same issue out of the box !

Sheryl M.

Sheryl M.asked

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04

My Dyson HP04 shows a triangle, not working why? Brand new, only purchased one week ago.

Nettie

Nettieasked

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04

Just bought the HP04. How do you know that the purifier is active/on?

DysonDyson

When your machine is in auto mode, the fan speed will be shown as dimmed when the machine is monitoring the room, and will be more prominent when actively purifying the air.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help,

Azim A.asked

Hi,
Just wondering to use the appropiate term Fan vs Cooling based on the performance in hot summer. Does it really cool the room though its not a Air Conditioner?

DysonDyson

To confirm, the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool can function as a heater, however doesn't function as an air conditioner as it doesn't work on refrigerants or the like. The "cool" refers to it's ability to function as a fan to cool you in summer using the wind chill effect.

If we can assist further, please don't hesitate to get in touch, our Dyson Experts are only happy to help and can be contacted via this link: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

@Dyson
Thanks for the clarification. Make sense of using term Cool

Sam

Samasked

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04

Why does my Dyson display a car?

Usability tester
Usability tester

Hi Sam, I have no idea, I haven't seen that icon. I am lucky if it works.

DysonDyson

This screen is showing the level of Nitrogen Dioxide your machine is sending. This is often in the air from the burning of fuel (such as from cars and gas cooking/heating).

You can toggle through the information screens by pressing the "i" button on your remote. More information about the screens can be found here: https://support.dyson.com.au/supportHome.aspx/Air-Treatment/Purifier/Pure-Hot-and-Cool/244384-01/using-your-dyson-machine/how-to-use-the-information-menu

Should you have any further queries our Australian-based Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Mohit Bisht

Mohit Bishtasked

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04

Hi, there is a problem ragarding an exclamation mark inside a triangle. Please give the guidlines to solve the problem?

DysonDyson

The exclamation mark screen is indicating the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool isn't able to follow the last directive it received, or something is not quite right within the machine.

So we can best get this sorted, we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to assisting you.

Silli A.

Silli A.asked

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04

I have the dyson pure hot and cool and it comes up with a triangle symbol and turn off completely. I have not been able to find the symbol in the manual. What does the triangle mean?

DysonDyson

If the display shows a triangle with an exclamation mark, this indicates your Dyson machine isn't able to perform the last action requested of it.

For assistance, please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and getting this sorted.

Natasha
Natasha

Bought the machine today, used it for one hour before it shut down and displayed a triangle. Tried everything to fix it and it’s not working.... I know many people are having this problem why are you selling these things for $800 when they are obviously FAULTY

Rob

Robasked

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04

after replacing both filters HEPA and Carbon the unit gives an red exclamation mark for the right filter unit.
Power cycle, reset and cleaning the sensors won't help.

DysonDyson

If you have replaced the filters on the machine, we would kindly encourage ensuring you have reset the filter timer on the machine.

For the Carbon filter, to reset press and hold the Oscillation button down on the remote control, The display on the appliance will countdown from five, finishing with the default screen. The carbon filter level will be reset and the appliance is ready to use.

For the HEPA filter, to reset press and hold the Night mode button on the remote control. The display on the appliance will countdown from five, finishing with the default screen. The glass HEPA filter level will be reset and the appliance is ready to use.

This should help, however if we can assist further our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help. If you are outside Australia, please visit www.dyson.com (which will redirect based on your location) and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Vida Thomson

Thank you so much! We replaced BOTH filters and had the same problem - warning symbol for the green filter! We have spent hours searching online for a solution and even rang the Dyson expert line today. After all sorts of efforts and directions provided by the Dyson expert over the phone the problem persisted. HOWEVER after reading this answer from Dyson here above the issue was immediately resolved. YAY! Otherwise we were being told that our unit would have to be packed up and posted back for repair! What a waste of time and effort and imposed inconvenience that would have been when all that was required to resolve the issue was JUST to press the oscillation button! Thanks Rob for posting this question and for the online Dyson answer above here. Simple solution to this annoying issue - just press the oscillation button. Thank you.

Chris

Chrisasked

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04

Hi my Dyson Link app is constantly showing “severe” I have pulled apart the filters and cleaned them however it’s still showing “severe” how can I go about fixing this?

DysonDyson

If your machine is constantly showing severe air quality, this indicates the sensors in your machine need to be cleaned. You can see how to do this here: https://support.dyson.com.au/supportHome.aspx/Air-Treatment/Purifier/Pure-Hot-and-Cool/244384-01/there-is-a-problem-with-my-machine/there-is-an-issue-with-the-display

william w.

william w.asked

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04

what is like on electricity

Craig Evans
Craig Evans

Not too sure

DysonDyson

Actual energy usage over time is specific to the exact environment in which the fan heater is being used, so it is impossible to calculate a "running time" or amount of energy required without knowing room dimensions, start temperature, building materials, window and door numbers and size.

That being said, the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool fan heater is below the market average for maximum energy consumption. It uses 2250W when heating the room at maximum power, while oscillating. Once the desired temperature has been reached, and its maintaining the room’s temperature, energy use varies, but will be a minimum of 2.5W.

We hope this helps, however our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area who will be able to confirm this information for machines sold in your country.

Matthew Currie

Matthew Currieasked

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04

If I leave my fan in cool and night mode overnight then when I wake up then night mode off and have this running untill the night before starting the process again. Will this use a lot of electricity?

DysonDyson

On Fan Mode, the power use ranges between approx 6W - 40W depending on the airspeed and settings selected.

We hope this helps, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Jenny

Jennyasked

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04

My Dyson won't register VOC readings or NO readings. When switched to this setting it just shows the circle going round and round.

Hi Jenny, I haven't tried this. Have you tried the seller?

DysonDyson

After the machine is plugged into power this is completely normal as the sensors calibrate. Normally values will show after 20-30 minutes, however if it is the first time the machine is being used, this could take 24 hours.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help. Alternatively, if you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Feuan Jullian A.

Feuan Jullian A.asked

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04

Just bought 2 days ago my dyson pure hot & cool fan then on the 2nd day it stop working and screen showing exclamation mark inside a triangle. How to resolve this

CKL
CKL

Unfortunately, that happened to the one my parent had. I tried all the recommended fixes online, including power cycle by removing the plug, long press the power button, etc. You may try to google for other potential fixes, but we needed up exchanging another one in Dyson headquarter in Melbourne... they were fantastic! Try give them a call tomorrow, they might be able to help with shipping and handling given the existing movement restriction. Good luck!

Thanks Ill do that tomorrow

DysonDyson

If your machine is showing an exclamation mark, this indicates the machine is having trouble performing an action. We encourage unplugging the machine for a few minutes and trying again.

If this persists, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your query and details. We will be happy to further assist.

Geri

Geriasked

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP04

I have a Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Tower Ser# RY3USHF80090B. I changed the filter when it showed a F + 3 vertical flashing dots but the machine continues to display this code and now it is throwing a H2 code when the unit is operating for a period of time and when in heating mode it stops putting out warm air. I have shut the unit down for a period of time to see if it would erase the codes. What is causing this?

Hi Geri,

Thank you for your question.

After changing the filter you need to reset the counter. To do this press and hold down the power button on the remote and you will see the display on the machine start to count down.

Once complete the F3 should no longer display, should the H2 code persist please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 or send an email through to auaskdyson@dyson.com.

Best wishes,

Sam
Dyson Customer Care

Manuel E.

Manuel E.asked

Hi,
I have a brand new H+C HP04:
When I set a temperature in heating mode, even when it‘s just 1 degree over current room temp, the maschine starts blasting pretty loud. There‘s almost no audible difference between fan speed 1 and 10. The lowest noise in heating mode could be compared to a 7 in cooling mode.
Is that normal and how it‘s supposed to be?

DysonDyson

Please be assured it is normal for the fan speeds in heating mode and fan mode to be different. In heating mode, the fan will run faster to ensure the machine is efficiently moving heat out of the machine and into your room.

That being said, please also note, the fan speed will be automatically controlled for the first few minutes of use as the machine calibrates itself.

If we can assist further, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch.

southernfoodluva

southernfoodluvaasked

White/Silver

I'm wondering why I don't see any read out of air quality etc on any screen. It's mentioned in the booklet I got and in these reviews.... but the black square next to the on button never has any info. Its like theres a sticker on it or something. I sure would like to know pollen levels etc or even when the filter needs changing. I read in a review that if you push the on button it turns on, but if you push and hold the on button for a few seconds it activates the read-out screen. But that didn't work either. I don't have a smart phone so I cant use any "app" to check things... but it appears from the info the read-out screen should automatically work?

DysonDyson

The display on your Dyson Pure Hot+Cool should always be on and showing information with the "i" button on the remote changing what is shown.

If this isn't happening, we would kindly encourage giving our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEDST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives