Reviewer Photos & Videos
Bought this for our living room which I felt was always getting too humid plus we have a small active dog. Easy to assemble and connect to/operate from your mobile device. The app is easy to use and helpful to see what it’s doing for your room. It does get a bit loud when you turn on the heat but nothing to complain about. I have wooden floorboards at home and think this looks quite good with it.
Purchased in June 2021.
Dyson quality and innovation
What I liked:
- I personally think it's a really modern looking design and is almost a statement piece in itself - some people might not like the gold colour but it works with the white
- the app and having full control of the settings was amazing
- it did a fantastic job of cleaning the air in our 8 month old's room, normally the air smells stale, but it kept the room smelling really great all day and night
- whilst not testing the cooling function extensively I did find it quiet and very effective
- build quality out of the box is great, I m...
Purchased in June 2021.
Effective and comfortable heating; questionable utility of air quality / filtering features
I've been using the Dyson Purifier over the last few weeks in a house a stone's throw from a major arterial road. I was expecting it to report all kinds of air quality problems, but the Purifier reports we have great air quality. Regardless of purifying it makes a great heater.
As a fan heater it works better than any I've used before - it spreads warm air around a largish (~24 m2) room quite well, without being too hot for people closest to the heater and too cold for those further away. It consumes about 1.8kW of electrical power, so it's no...t some magical unicorn and this heating effectiveness comes at the cost of energy consumption. It's a little quieter than many traditional style fan heaters but by no means "whisper quiet". There's a night mode that's supposed to be quieter but doesn't seem to do much when I activate it. There's a little display on the base of the unit, it's angled up slightly so you don't need to crouch down to read it. The only function you can control from the device itself is "on" and "off" - for anything else, you have to use either the small remote control or the app. The remote is powered by a coin cell and to Dyson's great credit the battery is secured with a child-safe screw (coin cells can kill a child if swallowed). The app works well though we had a few hassles setting it up: the QR code in the pamphlet that came with the box initially led us off on a maze through Dyson's international web site; starting again, the second time worked ok. The Google Assistant integration is able to turn it on and off, control the fan speed and temperature. Seems one-way, you can't ask Google to report the air quality. The unit has an "airflow direction" feature that reverses the air through the fan. When you press that button the fan stops, makes some noises internally, and then starts up again blowing very lightly out the back. The heater is disabled when you do this. I have no idea why you'd want to run it backwards.
Questions & Answers
Can you run night mode on the heating setting? Can you reverse the airflow on the heating setting? I have this product and cannot do either.
Yes, you can certainly run night mode on the heating setting. The heater stays on, the LCD seems to dim a bit and the moon symbol appears on the LCD. Reversing on the heating setting seems to switch to cooling and reverses the air flow.
Hi DNR, sorry I haven't answered more quickly. domw is correct with the response already given. The night mode does allow for the heating and cooling settings to be used, changes over the airflow direction but if you use the higher level airflow outlet it changes from heating to cooling. If yours doesn't do this perhaps a call to customer service would be helpful. Be prepared to wait atm though they probably don't have full staff working (my call took around 20 minutes last week, 15 mins on hold but worth the wait the lady I spoke with was very good) Hope this is helpful.
While you can run the machine in night mode while heating, the display will dim but not completely turn off.
In terms of diffusing the airflow backwards, this is only available when the heater is not in use - heated air can't be diffused backwards.
If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via phone, live chat and Facebook Messenger, (details found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us), please just reach out.
Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives
The Dyson Purifier Formaldehyde Range detects formaldehyde in the air 500 times smaller than particles the size of 0.1 microns. that’s often found in new furniture, paint, glue, wallpaper and household cleaning products.
How does it work?
A solid-state formaldehyde sensor uses an electro-chemical cell to detect formaldehyde in the air. The special formaldehyde filter - the Selective Catalytic Oxidisation filter - then works to destroy formaldehyde, turning it into harmless water and carbon dioxide.
The formaldehyde filter is a lifetime filter, so it won’t need to be replaced for the life of the machine.
- Dyson's latest air purifier has the ability to heat, cool and purify a room.
- A HEPA H13 standard filter captures 99.95% of particles as small as 0.1 microns, including allergens, bacteria, pollen and mould spores.
- Designed with standard features of previous Dyson purifier models, including Auto mode for the heating function, Air Multiple technology for wide air circulation, Night time, Sleep time mode, and the ability to be operated using either a remote control or the Dyson Link App.
- Voice control using Google Home, Alexa or Siri is also available with a compatible smart device.
Points of praise
- This 3-in-1 fan, heater and air purifier provided fast and effective air circulation. Multiple reviewers happily reported that it was powerful enough to be used in place of a reliable split system AC and even a ducted AC system in a small zone.
- This Dyson model made a room nice and toasty warm within minutes. It worked well even in rooms that were naturally chilly or had poor insulation.
- Ease of use was generally reported to be good, with the app being easy to navigate. It was also considered easy to change filters.
- The air purifying function was appreciated by reviewers who had household members with allergies and other respiratory issues. They observed a noticeable improvement in breathability in a room after the Dyson was used.
- The unit is highly portable and easy to carry between different rooms in the house.
Points to consider
- The expensive purchase price of the unit ($999) was noted by reviewers, and it often docked at least a star from individual ratings. While it was acknowledged that this fan heater and purifier performs 3 functions, the asking price was still considered to be out of many people’s budgets.
- It was also noted that purchasing new filters represents an additional ongoing cost.
- A number of reviewers reported that the fan heater could be too loud, especially if used on a high setting.
- Not many people really knew if the formaldehyde-capturing function was working, but commented that it sounds like it can only be a positive addition to the machine, after researching the benefits.
|Features||Adjustable Speed Settings, Automatic Air Quality Monitor, Carbon Filter, Filter Life Indicator, Mobile App, Remote Control and Timer|
|Voice Control||Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri / AirPlay and Google Assistant|
|Climate Control||Cooling and Heating|
|Dimensions||764mm (H) mm|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)|
- MPN: 379629-01 and HP09
Other Air Purifiers
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.