Dyson Small Ball Allergy

Dyson Small Ball Allergy

Love it

We have two cats, after vacuuming people come into the home with cat hair allergies and don't show any reaction to the allergies. That I have to say is a product that performs as promised which is uncommon these days. After 6 years our Dyson works every bit as good as it did the day we received it.

Date PurchasedMar 2012

A Great Vacuum Cleaner!

Very happy with the Dyson Small Ball. I have two cats and so you can imagine the fur and this vacuum cleaner gets it all. Good suction and not too loud that it blows you away (My previous one was incredibly loud). I use it on cork, tiles and my carpets and couches. Can easily reach high places with the rod as well! It's pretty light to lift. My parents had the Dyson Animal which is now discontinued and I would prefer that model, however the Small Ball does it's job.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Good lasting product

Suction is great unlike other cheaper products but it comes at a premium price. Large ball means maneuvering is actually sometimes hard so you need to use the attachments. It's also quite loud. But overall a great product if you want a long lasting and high quality vacuum cleaner. Recommended!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

over designed and underperforming

My aunt bought this machine but sadly she passed away before really using it. We have possession of it now and I have not had a good time with it at all. It only worked briefly before getting clogged up.I took machine apart, cleared it out same thing happened again and many times since!! this is just normal vacuuming nothing heavy duty. The airway path is just too small. there are many fiddly buttons to press in order to take it apart too it's as if the designers thought more about the need to clean out the machine rather than make it unnecessarily to to that in the first place. it is designed more like a child's toy with needless moldings and clear bits so you can see the dust in it. it feels very flimsy and wobbly too. to cap it all the machine has now stopped working all together and despite taking everything apart and cleaning out it is still useless. Dyson I am going to take a lot of convincing to make me believe this can be a good machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi there, Thank you for reviewing your machine and we are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We would recommend to contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 as this does not sound normal and a machine constantly blocking can sometimes be a sign of something larger caught in the machine. Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and on the weekends 8.30am-4pm. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Samuel Facebook.com/DysonDear Samuel. Thanks for responding to my review. I am actually a UK based customer and it was only after typing up the review did I realise it was an Australian site. I submitted it anyway as it is still a valid review. Is the number you have given me ok for a UK customer to use. I honestly have been so surprised by this machine’s general over design for what seems to be it’s appearance rather than form following function and it’s underperformance I wish to pack it into a box ( I don’t have the original) and send it back. Which department can I send it to? As I didn’t actually pay for it rather inherited it I don’t expect you to be sending me another. I am not a serial complainer by the way, I just feel that in this case Dyson have over designed and performance is lacking, Thanks HansHi Hans, Thank you for your response. You can contact our team in the UK on 0800-298-0298 or via email askdyson@dyson.co.uk for further assistance. Best wishes, Samuel Facebook.com/Dyson

Great

No issues. Love the manoeuvrability of the vacuum, especially when vacuuming under beds and hard to get to areas.
The suction is excellent and we use it over a large area on both carpet and floor boards. The machine is quiet compared to others we have used. Very happy with this product.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

excellent

Vac bought for pet hair and does a great job picking it up. I have 2 fluffy cats and a dog and it makes short work of the pet hair as well as other dirt. Even the old man a kids use it with great ease. It is also so easy to clean on button and it is gone.

Date PurchasedJul 2010

Keeps my carpets Cat Fur free

I purchased this machine 18 months ago and i haven't been happier. I own two shedding cats and it collects the fur and cleans the carpet really well, so much so it leaves track marks in the newly cleaned carpet! . It is easy to use and there is no need to buy cleaner bags. I would buy this vacuum again

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Good but not good

it was ok at first we paid 900 as soon it come out and to be honest after a month or 2 just slows down changed pads and everything on the manual but still same

is ok i guess no wow quiet but ok maneuver is not so good very bulky

timber floors all the way thought and maybe about 30 squares meter if that

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Hi Claudio, I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your machine. To discuss your concerns further, please reach out to our Dyson Experts via askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be in touch. Best wishes, Shan Facebook.com/Dyson

Caveat emptor!

Great suction. Easy maintenance. A bit limited when trying to get into tight corners. Need a PhD to pull apart and then reconfigure the tubing bits. My partner still hasn't mastered it! Cats don't mind the noise. Easy to maneuver with all the benefits of an upright and suitable for all floor types. HOWEVER! Since buying this machine 6+ years ago we have replaced the power head 4 times. The third time was out of warranty so had to pay $90 to replace it and have just ordered the 4th which was only 6months old. During this time the machine has been sent back to try an ascertain a cause for the recurring breakdowns. Because the machine was given the OK last time we declined an offer to do this again because of a mix-up when causing delays in delivery and more time wasted on phone calls to try and sort the out the confusion. Having said all that, the customer service people were always polite and helpful which couldn't be easy especially when having to defend a product that is clearly substandard. They seemed well prepared for dealing with irritated customers. i.e. leaving them on hold under the pretext that they were going to consult with 'someone else' until the customer cooled down! Next time it breaks, it stays broken and we buy another brand of vacuum leaner. This experience along with reviews by others has severely undermined my confidence in this brand. We paid more hoping we would get more. We didn't.

Date PurchasedSep 2011

My Dyson does an amazing job!

My Dyson does an amazing job of doing a deep clean on an extensive assortment of fibers. Such as polypropylene, nylon or polyester, and even wool. Something other vacuums lack, cleaning only the top layer or the surface of the carpet/upholstery. It is exceptional at bringing the recoil back into the upper layer of the pile, regardless of the weave. Dyson has always strived to remove the dirt and allergens. I have a four bedroom house with 40% soft pile 20% hard pile, 40% hard floors.

Personally, I use the wand to remove larger unwanted objects from my textiles or hard floors. The primary head is for dust and dirt removal.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Great light powerful.

Pros:
New Dyson small ball allergy really upstages the older model of this by a land slide. Give it a test against the old model (which has been renamed small ball multi floor) and you'll wonder why anyone ever bought it.
It's great on carpets for pet hair. Pretty good for an upright on tiles (far better than my shark) and is super light. I purchased this in the hopes in would reduce the back pain my 3 year old 'Skark pro' has given me, and I haven't had any pain since I started using it!
Initially I was concerned about the size (my house isn't the smallest) but the head is only a bit smaller than my Shark and is half the weight.
I've got two dogs and a few indoor rabbits who are currently shedding their winter coats. The Dyson has no issues picking up every last bit including extremely fine dust.
I've tested vacuuming areas, emptying it out and vacuuming over the area again to find that it picks up everything in the first go. Which has resulted in a far quicker clean up. I recently returned an Electrolux because it took more than 4 goes to pick everything up.
I usually don't even use the vacuum on the most powerful setting as I don't feel the need to.

Cons:
Not the easiest to clean. Emptying the canister is easy but very fine dust gets stuck in the cyclone part, which you cannot wash. I either use a brush to try and dust it out or use my other vacuum for a 'deeper' clean. Though washing the filters is easy.
Pulling out the the stick to vacuum skirting boards etc. isn't my favourite part either. It's not difficult but would be easier if you could just pull it out and not have to put the stick and hose together.

Date PurchasedAug 2016