Dyson Small Ball

Dyson Small Ball (page 2 of 4)

Allergy and Multi Floor

See the Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

mishkin mews

mishkin mewsVictoria, 3377

Great for house with no kids or pets

goldcoast lady

goldcoast ladyGold Coast

good product but I dont use it on hard floors

I had a Bosch before I brought this one at Harvey Norman. I managed to get 2 years def payments so I was happy. So to the product. I was shocked to see how much dirt this product can collect. Having pets I need a good product. The key is to keep everything super clean inc the canisters etc and I dry wipe the filters every 3 days. I wash the filters in warm water (Dyson told me not to use detergent when washing the filters). HINT have the store assemble the product when you buy it. It saves all the hassle to do it your self

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Very disappointed

Fan at the bottom sends dirt flying so you have to chase it, does not switch easily from hardwood to carpet as claimed, time consuming to use as you have to constantly switch attachments, instructions are terrible... Wish I hadn't wasted my money even though it was on sale...now I know why.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Brayden Mckay

Brayden Mckay

Good vacuum but few issues

We brought the small ball dyson vacuum after buying cheap kmart brand vacuums that never worked properly. It is quite expensive but it is very easy to use and to also empty as it is bagless. The suction could be better for carpeted areas but on smooth surfaces its great. It is quite noisy but easy to maneuver.

Shellie

ShellieBrisbane

Great except for the low head

The sunction is excellent as to be expected from Dyson. Being an upright vacuum it’s very easy to us and the handle can extend so you can get to hard to reach places. However, the head is so low to the floor that it just pushes stuff around. Something as small as 3-4mm requires me to lift the vacuum off the ground to suck it up which is pretty frustrating and quite disappointing.
Otherwise, it’s a powerful machine.

Fabio0525

Fabio0525Brisbane

Compact Improved from previous model

Performance and suction is good. but the brush keep pushing dirt away which is quiet annoying.
Upgraded from previous model. So glad the power cord is a lot longer.
Suction still going strong. Best for carpet. Make sure you can extended warranty. Easy claim and glad we have a local service center in my area. ( SOuthside Brisbane)

Jules63

Jules63South East Queensland, QLD

Very happy - great product

I have a Dyson stick vacuum and decided on the Small Ball upright to use downstairs where I have timber, carpet and tiles. The stick I keep upstairs. It's compact, light and does an amazing job. Takes a bit to get used to as the handle "drops" back for easy use. Typical of a Dyson - it's great, does the job and I would recommend.

Nicole

NicoleSydney

Waste of money

Bought it 6 months ago but has already lost suction. I have tried cleaning and fixing but it's useless. Tried contacting Dyson but they are way to busy (too many complaints i guess) Tried David Jones but they said it will take 4 weeks to send away for repair but i really need to vacuum now as i have a 15 month old. Will go out and buy the Miele, they have great reviews. Think maybe Dysons older products might be good as Mum has had one for 15 years but this newer one is a complete waste. Have wasted $550. So unhappy.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
BananaBam

BananaBamMelbourne

A Great Vacuum Cleaner!

Very happy with the Dyson Small Ball. I have two cats and so you can imagine the fur and this vacuum cleaner gets it all. Good suction and not too loud that it blows you away (My previous one was incredibly loud). I use it on cork, tiles and my carpets and couches. Can easily reach high places with the rod as well! It's pretty light to lift. My parents had the Dyson Animal which is now discontinued and I would prefer that model, however the Small Ball does it's job.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Michelle

Michellesydney

Very disappointed

Date PurchasedDec 2018

sass

sassSouth East Queensland, QLD

Was hoping it would be better for the money

This vacuum is acceptable-it does the job-but I find its not as powerful as I assumed a dyson would be. I also am frustrated how hard it is to undo the head and remove millions of long hair-wish there was a simple button for release. For the money I spent i wanted perfection in design and function-yet Ive heard from friends that they found in comparison that the kmart one performs better and its a fraction of the price.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Mei

Mei

Great vacuum

Great vacuum for the price. We use this vacuum for our tiles and floor boards and it works well on both. It is easy to move around and picks up a lot of dust and dirt. What I like about this vacuum is that it works like a normal vacuum you plug it in and allows you to vacuum whole unit / apartment. The other handheld are more for spot cleans around the home and only has limited power time. Compared to other vacuums it picks up more dust and it's easy to use and store. Negative points is that it's not quiet and similar to other vacuums in terms of noise.

Bridget

Bridgetmelbourne

Fantastic suction

Do not underestimate the power of this mini machine! The suction is way more powerful than my German Made siemens C6.
It is easily manipulated for suction of corners using the `side tubing' and the best thing is that it is bagless yet the filter is easily emptied and can be washed and dried.
Vacuuming is a breeze with this and it returns the collapsed carpet tufts to it full fluff with just one run!

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Mark

Marksydney

Good lasting product

Suction is great unlike other cheaper products but it comes at a premium price. Large ball means maneuvering is actually sometimes hard so you need to use the attachments. It's also quite loud. But overall a great product if you want a long lasting and high quality vacuum cleaner. Recommended!

Date PurchasedApr 2016
happy33

happy33Sydney, NSW

Good but there's room for improvement

Got this corded multi floor vacuum because I was so tired of running out of battery on my DC58. In general it was pretty good as advertised. Great suction, easy to use on carpet and hard floor & sufficient cord length. It was a little heavy considering it is a "smaller" machine as compared to other Dyson corded vacuums. I wish it had more attachment tools for dusting, and a longer extension `wriggly` hose because the one on the machine is too short. There should be an auto cord winder as the long cord is cumbersome when storing.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

over designed and underperforming

HPB
HPB

Maria

MariaAdelaide

Love the vacuum

Bought this vacuum about 4 months ago. Excellent suction, easy to operate, portable, easy to store as occupies very little space. Love it that can turn turbo head off and adjust suction for delicate woollen rugs. The only issue is the cable. It is in the way when the vacuum is being operated, have to wrap it around the handle to be able to vacuum.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

AJB

AJB

Great

No issues. Love the manoeuvrability of the vacuum, especially when vacuuming under beds and hard to get to areas.
The suction is excellent and we use it over a large area on both carpet and floor boards. The machine is quiet compared to others we have used. Very happy with this product.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

LizCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Dyson Disappointment

I purchased the Dyson Small Ball Upright to complement my V6 Animal Hair Stick Cleaner. As per previous experience with Dyson the performance is exceptional. However, the installation of the attachments is beyond my hand strength and I do not have the arm strength to pull out the retractable extension hose to fit the attachments to. I’m not sure how Dyson can address this issue but for now the vacuum attachments are useless to me.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Kathy

KathyPerth

excellent

Vac bought for pet hair and does a great job picking it up. I have 2 fluffy cats and a dog and it makes short work of the pet hair as well as other dirt. Even the old man a kids use it with great ease. It is also so easy to clean on button and it is gone.

Date PurchasedJul 2010

Suzie A

Suzie Aasked

I have a small ball and the brush has been replaced twice and the bristles have again been falling out. I now have a tear in the flexible hose so my machine has lost suction. After paying nearly $600 on the 6.8.2016 it is now out of warranty and I don't see this as very good value for the price I paid. I previously owned an upright Dyson without the ball technology and it was far superior in performance and longevity. Do I now have to purchase new parts or move to another brand of vacuum?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear about this. Every time a Dyson owner contacts us, we assess each issue case by case and will be happy to help.

Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Vicki burke

Vicki burkeasked

The concertina hose is so stiff and tight, I can hardly use the attachments as the hose won't stay extended and just pulls the vacuum cleaner over. This is my first Dyson, don't think I will buy Dyson again. This machine is very stiff and hard to manoeuvre...I'm so disappointed in it.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Thank you for your query. At first, the hose of your machine may be tight, however it will loosen over time. To expedite this, we recommend one person holds the machine (while on) in place while a second individual stretches the hose to its full length to help loosen the hose.

If we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson Small Ball Allergy

HEPA FilterNoNo
Weight7.59 kg7.23 kg
Suction (Air Watts) 141 AW141 AW
Cord Length 9.8 m9.6 m
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateAug 2016Aug 2016