Dyson Small Ball

Dyson Small Ball (page 2 of 4)

Allergy and Multi Floor

Great except for the low head

The sunction is excellent as to be expected from Dyson. Being an upright vacuum it’s very easy to us and the handle can extend so you can get to hard to reach places. However, the head is so low to the floor that it just pushes stuff around. Something as small as 3-4mm requires me to lift the vacuum off the ground to suck it up which is pretty frustrating and quite disappointing.
Otherwise, it’s a powerful machine.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Shellie, Thanks for your review. This machine has low clearance to enable it to pick up more fine dust. Use the wand lift or the cleaner head slightly to pick up larger debris. If you need further assistance or have any questions about your machine, please email our Dyson experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, a description of the issue and the machine's serial number and we will be more than happy to help. Best wishes, Mira www.facebook.com/dyson

Compact Improved from previous model

Performance and suction is good. but the brush keep pushing dirt away which is quiet annoying.
Upgraded from previous model. So glad the power cord is a lot longer.
Suction still going strong. Best for carpet. Make sure you can extended warranty. Easy claim and glad we have a local service center in my area. ( SOuthside Brisbane)

Very happy - great product

I have a Dyson stick vacuum and decided on the Small Ball upright to use downstairs where I have timber, carpet and tiles. The stick I keep upstairs. It's compact, light and does an amazing job. Takes a bit to get used to as the handle "drops" back for easy use. Typical of a Dyson - it's great, does the job and I would recommend.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Waste of money

Bought it 6 months ago but has already lost suction. I have tried cleaning and fixing but it's useless. Tried contacting Dyson but they are way to busy (too many complaints i guess) Tried David Jones but they said it will take 4 weeks to send away for repair but i really need to vacuum now as i have a 15 month old. Will go out and buy the Miele, they have great reviews. Think maybe Dysons older products might be good as Mum has had one for 15 years but this newer one is a complete waste. Have wasted $550. So unhappy.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Nicole, Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry for the delay you experienced. We have had a number of promotions and new technologies that have recently driven up our wait times. I would encourage reaching out to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help and get this sorted for you. We look forward to hearing form you and getting your machine back up and running. Best wishes, Shan Facebook.com/Dyson

A Great Vacuum Cleaner!

Very happy with the Dyson Small Ball. I have two cats and so you can imagine the fur and this vacuum cleaner gets it all. Good suction and not too loud that it blows you away (My previous one was incredibly loud). I use it on cork, tiles and my carpets and couches. Can easily reach high places with the rod as well! It's pretty light to lift. My parents had the Dyson Animal which is now discontinued and I would prefer that model, however the Small Ball does it's job.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Very disappointed

I have been using Dyson for many years now and i always rate them top of the class, would not have chosen any other machine until now! I have not had a good time with this model (3 months old) It only works briefly before getting clogged up. I have to take the machine apart, cleared it out every time i have to use it!! this is just normal vacuuming nothing heavy duty. The airway path is just too small. There are many fiddly buttons to press in order to take it apart, it's as if the designers thought more about the need to clean out the machine rather than make it work properly. It feels very flimsy and wobbly to especially when caring it from room to room or pushing it. The tools are fiddly and very awakened. I am sorry to say that i spent a lot money of this machine and find it very frustrating to use.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Was hoping it would be better for the money

This vacuum is acceptable-it does the job-but I find its not as powerful as I assumed a dyson would be. I also am frustrated how hard it is to undo the head and remove millions of long hair-wish there was a simple button for release. For the money I spent i wanted perfection in design and function-yet Ive heard from friends that they found in comparison that the kmart one performs better and its a fraction of the price.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great vacuum

Great vacuum for the price. We use this vacuum for our tiles and floor boards and it works well on both. It is easy to move around and picks up a lot of dust and dirt. What I like about this vacuum is that it works like a normal vacuum you plug it in and allows you to vacuum whole unit / apartment. The other handheld are more for spot cleans around the home and only has limited power time. Compared to other vacuums it picks up more dust and it's easy to use and store. Negative points is that it's not quiet and similar to other vacuums in terms of noise.

Fantastic suction

Do not underestimate the power of this mini machine! The suction is way more powerful than my German Made siemens C6.
It is easily manipulated for suction of corners using the `side tubing' and the best thing is that it is bagless yet the filter is easily emptied and can be washed and dried.
Vacuuming is a breeze with this and it returns the collapsed carpet tufts to it full fluff with just one run!

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Good lasting product

Suction is great unlike other cheaper products but it comes at a premium price. Large ball means maneuvering is actually sometimes hard so you need to use the attachments. It's also quite loud. But overall a great product if you want a long lasting and high quality vacuum cleaner. Recommended!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Good but there's room for improvement

Got this corded multi floor vacuum because I was so tired of running out of battery on my DC58. In general it was pretty good as advertised. Great suction, easy to use on carpet and hard floor & sufficient cord length. It was a little heavy considering it is a "smaller" machine as compared to other Dyson corded vacuums. I wish it had more attachment tools for dusting, and a longer extension `wriggly` hose because the one on the machine is too short. There should be an auto cord winder as the long cord is cumbersome when storing.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

over designed and underperforming

My aunt bought this machine but sadly she passed away before really using it. We have possession of it now and I have not had a good time with it at all. It only worked briefly before getting clogged up.I took machine apart, cleared it out same thing happened again and many times since!! this is just normal vacuuming nothing heavy duty. The airway path is just too small. there are many fiddly buttons to press in order to take it apart too it's as if the designers thought more about the need to clean out the machine rather than make it unnecessarily to to that in the first place. it is designed more like a child's toy with needless moldings and clear bits so you can see the dust in it. it feels very flimsy and wobbly too. to cap it all the machine has now stopped working all together and despite taking everything apart and cleaning out it is still useless. Dyson I am going to take a lot of convincing to make me believe this can be a good machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi there, Thank you for reviewing your machine and we are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We would recommend to contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 as this does not sound normal and a machine constantly blocking can sometimes be a sign of something larger caught in the machine. Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and on the weekends 8.30am-4pm. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Samuel Facebook.com/DysonDear Samuel. Thanks for responding to my review. I am actually a UK based customer and it was only after typing up the review did I realise it was an Australian site. I submitted it anyway as it is still a valid review. Is the number you have given me ok for a UK customer to use. I honestly have been so surprised by this machine’s general over design for what seems to be it’s appearance rather than form following function and it’s underperformance I wish to pack it into a box ( I don’t have the original) and send it back. Which department can I send it to? As I didn’t actually pay for it rather inherited it I don’t expect you to be sending me another. I am not a serial complainer by the way, I just feel that in this case Dyson have over designed and performance is lacking, Thanks HansHi Hans, Thank you for your response. You can contact our team in the UK on 0800-298-0298 or via email askdyson@dyson.co.uk for further assistance. Best wishes, Samuel Facebook.com/Dyson

Love the vacuum

Bought this vacuum about 4 months ago. Excellent suction, easy to operate, portable, easy to store as occupies very little space. Love it that can turn turbo head off and adjust suction for delicate woollen rugs. The only issue is the cable. It is in the way when the vacuum is being operated, have to wrap it around the handle to be able to vacuum.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great

No issues. Love the manoeuvrability of the vacuum, especially when vacuuming under beds and hard to get to areas.
The suction is excellent and we use it over a large area on both carpet and floor boards. The machine is quiet compared to others we have used. Very happy with this product.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Dyson Disappointment

I purchased the Dyson Small Ball Upright to complement my V6 Animal Hair Stick Cleaner. As per previous experience with Dyson the performance is exceptional. However, the installation of the attachments is beyond my hand strength and I do not have the arm strength to pull out the retractable extension hose to fit the attachments to. I’m not sure how Dyson can address this issue but for now the vacuum attachments are useless to me.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Liz, Thank you for taking the time to review your machine. We would recommend to view the following video as it is contains a guide on how to use each of the attachments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ITE3hona-4. Should you still find this process difficult we would recommend to reach out to our helpline on 1800 239 766 so we can further assist. Best wishes, Samuel Facebook.com/DysonI viewed your very helpful videos and was able to install the attachments but pulling the retractable extension hose out remains beyond my hand and arm strength so attachments are still of no use to me. When buying my next vacuum cleaner I will not just let a strong young sales consultant demonstrate the vacuum I will insist on using it too.

excellent

Vac bought for pet hair and does a great job picking it up. I have 2 fluffy cats and a dog and it makes short work of the pet hair as well as other dirt. Even the old man a kids use it with great ease. It is also so easy to clean on button and it is gone.

Date PurchasedJul 2010

Dyson small ball works!

Brilliant! No complaints now a after taking it apart and cleaning after every couple of full vacuumes. Easy to use, would of loved more power but overall pretty good. Also cleaned the car floors nicely and car mats. Light to carry up and down stairs. If you pick up large bits and the vacuume stops picking up efficiently then take apart and clean filters and remove blockages. There is s great YouTube video on how to do this.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Does a good job

In comparison with the DC07 that I have had for many years this feels lightweight but does have excellent suction. I use it in a four bedroom house with mixed carpeted and wooden/tiled floors. The cord is longer than that on the DC07 which means a longer reach but more cumbersome to store on the machine. Time will tell as far as durability is concerned. What I would love is the equivalent for this machine of "The Unofficial Dyson DC07 Workshop Manual" !

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Iain, Thanks for reviewing your Dyson Small Ball. While we don't have an unofficial manual, you may find our troubleshooting videos for this machine helpful. https://www.youtube.com/user/askdyson/search?query=small+ball If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out via askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be happy to help. Best wishes, Mira Facebook.com/DysonThank you!Now in use for 9 months. Has been reliable and effective but the carbon fibre brushes have taken a hammering. I think the dust in our place is equal quantities of iron oxide and sand - very abrasive and corrosive. Note that the latest brush rolls in the UK seem to have no carbon filaments. Anyway, replaced without quibble by Dyson with a phone call. Hint - do not catch your T-shirt (or equivalent) in the dust bin lid when you close it - snapped off the catch trying to open it, Again generously replaced! Longish but helpful wait for excellent phone help. Impressed!

Suction Power

We read mixed reviews on this item but decided to purchase based on our previous purchases of Dyson products and the quality we have experienced. We love the new vacuum. It is very quiet and its suction ability is second to none. Used on a variety of services from carpet, tiles and wooden floors it performed wonderfully.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Ideal compact vacuum cleaner

This easy to manoeuvre cleaner is ideal for our home unit situation.Its easy to store and to clean. We have combination of tile and carpets which it handles very well.It has excellent suction capability and is nice and light to handle.Having previously owned a Dyson for 12 years we hope this one lasts as long!