Dyson Supersonic

Dyson Supersonic Questions & Answers (page 2 of 5)

MPNs: 306013-01, 306016-01, 316471-01 and 5 more
Listing monitored by Dyson

83 questions from our users

Kathy Rogan
Kathy Roganasked

I bought my Dyson Hair Dryer approximately 2-1/2 years ago. I truly loved it. I turned it on last night to dry my hair, it worked for 30 seconds then shut off and will not turn back on no lights, nothing. The filter is clean. This is horrible for a hairdryer that costs $400+ How will you help in resolving this matter? Thank you

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear about this and happy to help. So we can best assist, please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Kelsey
Kelseyasked

Hello my dyson hairdryer when turned on will flash but then nothing. I have only had it for a few months. Please help?

DysonDyson

We will be happy to help get this sorted. Please give our Dyson Experts a call with your Dyson Supersonic handy on 1800 239 766. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Joe C.
Joe C.asked

Hello
I purchased the dyson hair dryer in 2017, the warranty is expired and it keeps overheating and shutting off. It is NOT the filter and Dyson customer service there is no way to repair it. I can't believe I have to just throw it away. Any suggestions on fixing it? Thanks.

Charli R.
Charli R.

I’d be putting pressure on them to fix it for you. $500 for a hair dryer that lasts less than three years is pretty disgusting. My $35 hair dryer from target lasted me over a decade. Still works now but I replaced it with my Dyson.

Bennnnny
Bennnnny

Had a similar issue with a dyson v6 vacuum, motorised head stopped working, warranty expired by 3 months. But Dyson did replace it after a couple of calls. I would suggest keep on Dyson for a replacement. They’re typically good for returns and fixes.

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear about this and happy to help. If you have cleaned the filter with no success, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will only be happy to further assist.

LMS
LMSasked

Hi I have bough Dyson Hair care in Macau with 220 voltage, can I use it in Taiwan ? It is ranging from 110-220 voltage ?

DysonDyson

Apologies for any disappointment, however Dyson Supersonic machines sold in the Macau are designed to work on the Macau power supply with a voltage of 220V. If used on less than a 220V power supply, your machine won't work as intended and we can't recommend the use of adaptors or converters.

If we can assist further, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Qiu X.
Qiu X.asked

Hey I bought a Dyson supersonic hair dryer in Japan and I wonder if it can be used in US?

Hi Qiu,

Thank you for your question.

Apologies however as this model has not been tested in the US we aren't able to give you an exact recommendation.

Please reach out to our team in the US for further assistance, askdysonUS@dyson.com.

Best wishes,

Sam
Dyson Aus Customer Care

Geraldine G.
Geraldine G.

Where can I get get my Dyson hair dryer fixed?

jia z.
jia z.asked

Hi, my hair dryer is from Canada, now I use it in UK with adapter, but it doesn't work, any ideas?

Hi Jia,

Thank you for your question.

Apologies however we do not test the Canadian model in the UK so won't be able to recommend any kind of adaptor, transformer etc.

For further assistance please reach out to our team in the UK at askdyson@dyson.co.uk.

Best wishes,

Sam
Dyson Customer Care

Malcolm C.
Malcolm C.asked

Will my dyson supersonic work in Spain, bought in the UK?

Maribel Villafana
Maribel Villafanaasked

How do you clean the filter on the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer?

Charli Bear
Charli Bear

There's just a little plastic piece that you swivel and remove the lint. It's really easy and takes a few seconds

Hi Maribel,

Thank you for your question.

You can find instructions on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK67n4RwAhM.

Ra M.
Ra M.asked

Hello,
I bought a supersonic hair dryer in Australia and I want to use it in South Korea. I know that the voltage is compatible enough, but I am worried about the difference in hz. Is using an adapter safe enough for the longevity of my dryer? Or is it advised to use a converter? (if so, what kind of converter?)
Thanks!

DysonDyson

As the Australian and South Korean Dyson Supersonic variants both have a similar voltage range, a Australian machine may work in South Korea with an adaptor, however we don't recommend it, and we can't guarantee that it will work.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Triciaasked

I brought my Dyson from the US to use in Australia with a converter/adapter. It does not go on. Does this also mean I just blew out my Dyson? If so, is it repairable?

MegaPtera
MegaPtera

Hi Tricia, oh sorry to hear! I bought my Dyson in France and it works just perfect with an adaptor in Australia.
You might have a different voltage/frequency in the US than there is in Australia? Not 100% sure, but that could be a clue.
In that case, I think you would need to use a special converter, to convert Australian electrical power to the same voltage/frequency that in the US.
To be confirmed with a power specialist, but I wouldn't say your Dyson is totally done. :) Good luck!!

Tricia

Thanks so much for your response.

DysonDyson

Apologies for any disappointment, however Dyson Supersonic machines sold in the USA are designed to work on the US power supply with a voltage of 120V. If used on the Australian 230V power supply, your machine won't work as intended and we can't recommend the use of adaptors or converters.

If we can assist further, please don't hesitate to get in touch via auaskdyson@dyson.com, and our Dyson Experts will only be happy to help.

Carol
Carolasked

Why does the hair styler not start right away after shutting it off? And why does it take a few minutes to start after shut off? Only use it for a couple of minutes.

DysonDyson

As the Dyson Supersonic contains software that monitors the temperature of the air and reacts to ensure it remains at the selected levels, when the machine is turned off and on, it may take a second for the machine to power on as the machine starts up. Under normal circumstances, this should only be a second or two at most.

If your Dyson machine takes minutes to turn on, we would encourage forwarding your query to our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com as the delay certainly shouldn't be this long and we will be happy to help.

Shelley W.
Shelley W.asked

When the hair drier is on high it makes a high pitched noise and then goes off for a few seconds before coing back on. Does it do this to prevent overheting? This only happens when it is on high heat. I have cleaned the filter.
Another question - stylist has a filter cleaning attachment that I have not seen with the home version of this hair drier. Is it available for purchase? Thank you, S. Weinstein

DysonDyson

We certainly wouldn't expect your Dyson Supersonic to make any high pitched noises followed by shutting off.

So we can best assist with this and your query about the filter cleaning attachment, we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts. If you are based in Australia, our team are available on 1800 239 766 Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday and Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEDST. If you are elsewhere, your local helpline number will be on a label on the electical cord of your machine (close to the plug).

Katherine P.asked

I have a dyson hair dryer I live in the uk and was wondering if dyson sell a power converter do I can take on holiday when I purchased it the dyson sales adviser told me that I am purchase one directly from dyson however I have not been able to find one. Please advise?

DysonDyson

Apologies for any disappointment, however as Dyson machines are designed for use in the country of purchase, we can't recommend or manufacture converters to use the machine in a different territory.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via askdyson@dyson.co.uk and happy to help.

Katherine P.

Thanks got you response. This is very disappointing as I now feel that I have been miss sold as I was given this information directly by the girl employed by dyson I John Lewis so I am now going to have to purchase a different hairdryer for travelling

DysonDyson

We do apologise for any disappointment. If you wish to discuss this further we encourage getting in touch with our UK Based Dyson Experts via askdyson@dyson.co.uk and we will be happy to discuss your concerns.

Mariana
Marianaasked

Hi:

I bought the Dyson hair dryer in US, but I live in Colombia. The voltage is 110-120 as in US, but the hair dryer stopped working: no lights, no sounds, it is totally died. I can't travel to US only to fix it, also, my warranty is over. the hair dryer was so expensive and I need to fix it. There are no Dyson tecnichal services in Colombia. What can I do? Do I lost my money?.

DysonDyson

For best assistance, we would kindly encourage contacting our US based Dyson Experts via question.us@dyson.com and we will be in touch with you very shortly.

Tristan
Tristanasked

I bought a dyson supersonic from the US which is 120V, but Ill be using this in the philippines which uses 220V. Other than buying a bulky step up / step down converter, is there another way that i can convert my supersonic from 110V to 220V?

DysonDyson

Apologies for any disappointment, however Dyson Supersonic machines sold in the USA are designed to work on the US power supply with a voltage of 120V. If used on a 220V power supply, your machine won't work as intended and we can't recommend the use of adaptors or converters.

If we can assist further, please don't hesitate to get in touch via questions.us@dyson.com, we are happy to help.

Gigi Y.
Gigi Y.asked

I have been using my hair dryer for 3 years without any problems until recently when I turned it on for 5 secs, it goes off, then another 3 sec is back on again but then off again after 5 secs. But after a few ons and offs, it just works fine again. What might be the problem?

DysonDyson

If your Dyson Supersonic is cutting out, this can indicate the machine's airflow is restricted.

We encourage cleaning the filter cage and filter as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK67n4RwAhM

This should solve the problem, however if not, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly to assist.

Alisa B.
Alisa B.asked

Is the US version okay to use in 220v outlets with just a plug converter? My husband gifted me one earlier for Christmas before our military move to Germany.

Yes I would think so.
The reason for me saying that is I have a straightener that has a plug , it was from England and works fantastic.
That is what the conversion plug are for, so I would definitely give it a go

Andrea G.
Andrea G.asked

How do you wrap the cord to store it? Its thick & bulky.

Anne Dawson

I have kept the bottom box it came in and keep it packed the way it came. popped into a drawer

DysonDyson

For storage, we would recommend wrapping the cord in a loop loosely around your hand. We wouldn't recommend wrapping the cord around the machine itself.

We hope this helps, however if you have any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Pack
Packasked

Hi, I plugged my dyson hair dryer US model 120V in Thailand which uses 220V. Nothing happened at first and after a few seconds smoke came out of the hair dryer.. then I realized the mistake I had made. Is it fixable?

DysonDyson

For best assistance we would kindly encourage you to contact the Dyson team in your country of residence.

For Thailand, you can get in touch via service@cmg.co.th, or for the US, questions.us@dyson.com.

Lisa M
Lisa Masked

I have fine hair which I colour regularly. It is dry and breaks easily and has split ends from blowdrying. If I don't blowdry it, it is just frizzy. Will this hairdryer be gentler on my hair so that my hair stops being so dry and damaged?

DysonDyson

Unlike some others, the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer measures air temperature over 40 times a second, and regulates the heat to prevent extreme heat damage.

For fine hair, and sensitive scalps, our new Supersonic includes the new Gentle Air attachment. This attachment diffuses the air, creating a gentle, cooler airflow, while still providing fast drying.

Should you have any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Other Hair Dryers