Dyson Supersonic

Dyson Supersonic Questions & Answers (page 4 of 5)

MPNs: 306013-01, 306016-01, 316471-01 and 5 more
Listing monitored by Dyson

83 questions from our users

Xcer L
Xcer Lasked

Do the attachments rotate? I like the smoothing effect of rotation on my curly frizzy hair

Thank you for your question.

The attachments do not rotate on the Dyson Supersonic. The machine contains a smoothing noozle which will provide a smooth, sleek finish.

You can view this in action on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfb_QMO-JB0.

Sam

LorelleL
LorelleLasked

Hi, my diffuser keeps falling apart, is it broken or is there a way it all just clicks back together? It suddenly happened mid-drying. Other than this, it’s the best dryer I have used in my curly hair. Lorelle

Hi Lorelle,

Thank you for your question.

We are sorry to hear about this, it sounds like your diffuser may need to be replaced.

So we can assist you further please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 with the serial number of your machine handy. Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-7pm and on the weekend 8.30am-4pm.

Alternatively you can reach out via email to aucustomercare@dyson.com and one of our experts will be in touch as soon as possible to assist.

Betty
Betty

Hi, my name is Betty from Toronto, I bought a Tyson dryer but when I open it find out the cord in between with a transformer on it .. I am not feel comfortable with it ! May I know that it is not orginially product with a transformer on it !! Thank you

HI Betty,

Thank you for your query, we are happy to help.

Please be assured the box moulded into the cord of Dyson Supersonic machines purchased in Canada and the USA is normal. It is a safety device to ensure the Supersonic provides great results with your power supply.

Should you have any further queries, we encourage reaching out directly to our Canadian Dyson Experts via support@dysoncanada.ca who will be able to further assist.

dintiger
dintigerasked

when i plug it to my bathroom power point, it seems like the all 3 speed blast the same power ? is my dyson spoiled?

Thank you for your question.

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your machine. Could you please send your contact details and serial number of the machine through to AUAskdyson@dyson.com and one of our experts will be in touch as soon as possible to assist.

Jodhaa
Jodhaaasked

Is this dryer suitable for bleached hair?

Hi Jodhaa,

Thank you for your question.

The Dyson Supersonic has been tested on all hair types and will be suitable for bleached hair. If you require any further information please feel free to call our helpline on 1800 239 766.

Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-7pm and on the weekend 8.30am-4pm.

J77
J77asked

Here is a question of a varying nature. The dog's blowing dryer recently ' became smelly and lost some blowing power'
I immediately turned this off, unplugged it and cleaned out it's filer. Same issue upon aiming to reuse this the next day - BIN.

I could buy a similar product, however, I was wondering:

Now would a Dyson hair dryer be suitable to just blow my dogs hair, during their 2 -3 times a week home grooming sessions only - for myself also or for their pre-show grooming sessions.
BTY this is only with a quality grooming hydration therapy spray and not a full wash/dry session?

Thank you for your query.

While we have done no testing on the Dyson Supersonic in terms of dogs, we don't anticipate you would encounter any difficulties. That being said, we would recommend starting on the lowest heat settings to ensure your dog is comfortable with the heat from the Supersonic.

Should you have any further queries, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help.

Sarah K
Sarah Kasked

I’m thinking about purchasing today, however the comments about it not working in other countries are concerning. I like to travel a lot and I always take my hair dryer with me. Will it genuinely not work overseas even with an adapter plug? Or will it just not work as well in countries with a shorter power supply? Thanks.

Valerie60
Valerie60

Hi Sarah i have taken mine to Bali and Thailand this year and I have had no problems, some of the resorts have multi-country plugs so you don't even need an adaptor, check with where you are staying, I am of to Hawaii next month and it is coming with me, you will love this dryer, so fast and efficient and does not damage hair like other blow dryers

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your query.

The Dyson Supersonic sold in Australia is designed to work on 220V-240V Australian power. As such, the Supersonic will work in other countries with this voltage of power, however won't work in countries with different voltages like Japan (100V) along with America and Canada (110V).

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help.

Carol M
Carol Masked

I bought my Dyson hairdryer in Australia and travelled to the US and tried to use it with a plug adaptor but only the lights came on no air? Why?

Hi Carol,

Thank you for your query.

Dyson Supersonic machines sold in Australia are made to work on the Australian power supply of 240 volts, and as they aren't dual voltage won't work on the American 120 volt power supply.

Apologies for any disappointment, however if we can assist further, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com

Raphaela E
Raphaela Easked

I bought my dyson supersonic hair dryer in Hongkong and won’t work in other country like Japan and taiwan. Can you give me the reason why?

Hi Raphaela,

Thank you for your query.

Each Supersonic machine is sold in the country it is designed to work in and isn't dual voltage. While a machine from Hong Kong will work in other territories that have a 220V power supply, it won't work in territories with a different power supply such as Taiwan (at 110V) and Japan (at 100V).

Apologies for any disappointment, however hope this answers your query.

Therese Hall
Therese Hall

There is no reason at all other than the plugs are different. I’m sure you would know that.
ask Dyson this

Ezgi
Ezgiasked

Hi i bought this hair dryer yesterday and while drying my hair it has a whistle noise Is that normal
Or should i take it back ? Becoz it's really ennoying

Thank you for your query.

The Dyson Supersonic shouldn't make a whistling noise while in use.

Please email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Connie K
Connie Kasked

Hi I bought a Dyson hair dryer in Australia and would like to know if I could use it in Singapore?

Hi Connie,

Thank you for your question.

The Australian version of the machine is designed to be used on 50Hz 230-240 volts. As we have not tested the Australian model in Singapore we are unable to provide you with a recommendation on using this machine overseas.

Ellen
Ellenasked

I bought the dryer in America why i cant use it in australia..? The lights all on but it wont work..

Hi Ellen,

Thank you for your question.

The Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer is not dual voltage so the version from the USA will not work on Australian power, apologies for any disappointment.

We hope this has satisfactorily answered your query today. If we can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to email us at aucustomercare@dyson.com or call us on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm.

Jen
Jenasked

My Haidryer just stopped whilst I was drying my hair suddenly the dryer stopped working but all the lights were on but no air for dying. So I turned off the power and all the lights would not turn off.So turned the power back on and the lights stayed on but no air for drying?
After 2 hours I turned the dryer on again and it worked?
Has this happened before as my dryer was given to me for Christmas and has been used nearly everyday.

Hi Jen,

Thanks for your question.

It sounds like your machine had a thermal cut out in order to protect the motor from overheating due to an obstruction in the airflow. The filter may blocked or you may have been holding the base of the handle, and accidentally covering the air intake area when this occurred.

Please watch the following video for the filter maintenance guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK67n4RwAhM

We would also suggest to use a small brush like a clean dry toothbrush to thoroughly clean out the metal filter holes.

If that does not resolve the issue, please email our Dyson experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, the machine's serial number and a description of the issue and we will be happy to help.

carol smith69
carol smith69asked

When I first started using it it was brilliant, but after 4times of using it my hair has become very dry. Should this be happening? Thank you.

Ming
Ming

I think if you use only hot air only than of course hair will be dry. I am mostly use cool air.

Hi Carol,

Thanks for you question.

Depending on your hair type and how you are using the machine, settings and accessories can all make a difference in your results. If your hair is more fine and delicate use lower heat and airflow settings, if coarser you can use higher settings. As there are many ways of using this machine and many different hair types general recommendations are to rough dry with the smoothing nozzle or no attachment until the hair is close to 80% dry, then style, then use the cool shot or better yet drop the heat so there are no red lights on the heat setting to finish.

If you have any further questions or need assistance please email us at auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

Suzy
Suzyasked

Hi, Just wondering if this will work for someone with lots of fine wavy, frizzy hair,? I never usually blow dry it but lately the GHD I use just makes it drier. Are the claims what thy say they are? and if the frizz control a myth? So if I purchase this product and I find no improvement I would like to think a could get a refund?

Hi Suzy,

Thanks for your question.

We have tested the Supersonic on every hair type during our research and development. They also have a variety of airflow and temperature settings to ensure that each owner can find the best combination to suit their hair type. For fine, delicate hair we would suggest to use a lower heat setting, and at the end of the process to use the cool shot or the no heat setting, blowing down the hair shaft to ensure the cuticles lay flat. Personally for my fine hair, it is glossier and less frizzy when I use the Supersonic.

If you have any further questions or if you would like to purchase your machine direct from Dyson please email our experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com we will be more than happy to help. If the machine is purchased direct from Dyson, we offer a 30 day money back guarantee.

Mandy C
Mandy Casked

Can I use my Dyson hairdryer, bought in Australia, in the USA with an adaptor?

Hi Mandy,

Thank you for your query.

Your Dyson Supersonic purchased in Australia is designed to run on 240V and as such, won't work on the 110/120V electrical supply in the USA. Apologies for any disappointment.

Jocelyn E
Jocelyn Easked

Hi, I wash and blow dry my hair every morning before work. Would the Dyson cope with that kind of heavy use?

Hi Jocelyn,

Thank you for your query.

Dyson tests for real life use of our machines. As well as carrying out industry standard tests during development we developed a whole new set of test methods to replicate the unique usage conditions for a hair dryer, testing the machine for weaknesses in expected and unexpected scenarios. The machine was run on these tests for over a year, and when we found failures, we fixed them and then checked to make sure it worked – again and again.

To ensure it's durability drop the machine over 1783 times, twist the cable over 310,000 times and push the buttons more than 52,000 times. It is run in chambers simulating temperature changes from 70 degrees Centigrade to as low as -20 degrees Centigrade. We test to ensure it still works when exposed to over 37g of dust and lint, as well as simulating it being stood on by a 110kg person, dropped down a flight of stairs over 100 times and shaken and twisted by machine for 62 full consecutive days.

We are confident the Supersonic will provide many years of reliable service, however if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

Tomi Trademarc
Tomi Trademarcasked

Can someone please tell me how the Dyson compares to a Parlux hair dryer? I love my ceramic + ionic dryers, but may be tempted to upgrade if the results are better

Tracy
Tracy

If I could choose over again I would save a bit of money and get the parlux

Leanne A
Leanne Aasked

Hi, i was told the Dyson hairdryer needs to have a service over a period of time to keep it in top performance.I
Is this correct?

Fran Bell
Fran Bell

I haven't heard that. I have had my Dyson now for six months and it hasn't skipped a beat even though I use it twice a week. It has a small filter on the handle which is very easy to clean and that's what I do every time I use it. I think it's worth looking after especially given the price tag. Hope this helps.

Vicki S.
Vicki S.

I also have no idea and probably won’t bother doing this. I doubt it would need servicing, my Dyson vacuums certainly didn’t and they always ran just fine. I’ve been using my Dyson hairdryer daily since June.

Hi Leanne,

Thank you for your query.

I can confirm the Dyson Supersonic machine doesn't need routine servicing. Just clean the filter at the base of the machine monthly. You can see how to do this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK67n4RwAhM

ka1
ka1asked

Could I use my Dyson supersonic (purchased in Australia) with an adaptor in places such as Taiwan and Japan?

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. As the voltage in Taiwan and Japan is different from the voltage in Australia, an Australian Supersonic will not work in these countries, and we do not recommend using an adaptor. Apologies for any disappointment.

Attempting to use it with voltage it was not designed for may damage the machine.

If you have any further questions please email askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be happy to help.

Nadine
Nadineasked

Does it have a loop to hang on the side of a vanity - pictures don't show one? Thank you!

Hi Nadine,

Thanks for your question.

The Supersonic comes with a storage hanger loop that attaches to the ribbed section below the handle. Please scroll down to the bottom of this page to see it:

If you have any further questions, please email us at askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be happy to help.

Facebook.com/dyson

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Other Hair Dryers