Dyson Supersonic

Dyson Supersonic (page 2 of 10)

MPNs: 306013-01, 306016-01, 316471-01 and 5 more
See the Best Hair Dryers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

• Safety
Nelly
NellyMelbourne, Victoria

Worst hairdryer ever

Don't waste your money. It leaves your hair feeling and looking like straw. Lots of hair damage. So disappointed with this product. My Halo and Feather Jet are far superior and half the price.

HelenMB
HelenMBPerth, WA

Really notice the difference

I bought the Dyson supersonic limited edition hairdryer about three weeks ago. The lady who sold it to me said her customers have come back to say their hair feels smooth and soft. She wasn’t lying. This hairdryer is really worth it. Adds great body, no fly-away strands, smooth and soft hair. I have shoulder length white/platinum hair (my age, not dyed). This dryer is light, compared to my recently deceased Parlux 3500, and easy to manoeuvre, doesnt hurt my shoulder or neck, and dries my hair quickly, I even use the diffuser to dry my hair off before I style. I am totally in love with it.

Purchased in January 2021 at The Good Guys for $549.00.

Marina
MarinaSydney

I expecting more

It's not heavy, but I was expecting it to be lighter, it's not that loud, which is good, it's nice in shape but nothing special if compared to conventional dryers.

Purchased in December 2020.

The product when it works is very good, but has its flaws

Purchased at Boots the chemist.

KateP
KatePPerth, WA

Keeps cutting out

Bought my Dyson hairdryer in Nov 2018, all good until a few months ago when it started cutting out on a regular basis (read everyday). Not sure what to do as just out of warranty. Has been well looked after and filter cleaned daily. Not what I would expect from such an expensive dryer and reputable company.

Purchased in November 2018 at Myer for $500.00.

Jann
JannSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best hairdryer on the market

Today I received my Dyson Supersonic hairdryer and tested it out straight away. What a fabulous appliance. Very well balanced and easy to use and hold. I have straightish but frizzy hair and just blew my hair without using a brush or comb. My hair dried with 90% less frizz than what my previous could achieve. Thank you Dyson LOVE LOVE LOVE it

Purchased in December 2020.

Dora
DoraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hello Beautiful Hair

Purchased in July 2020 for $560.00.

Jamie
JamieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crappiest Hairdryer ever

Purchased in October 2020 at David Jones Online Store for $549.00.

Jenna
JennaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Big Let Down

I received this as a gift. I was so pleased with it and used it for about a month until I noticed my my hair was getting a lot of breakage and was quite frizzy. My hair was in great condition before this. I have had to return to my old hair dryer. After researching the product I found it was a common issue. At the price, that was paid, $550, I would expect my hair to be in much better condition. I contacted Dyson who said they would service it, not sure how this will help. I sent them my details so as they could arrange for the return of the product and have not heard a thing back from them.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for $550.00.

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear you haven't heard from us, this is quite unusual and we are happy to help.

Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly.

Huzza1
Huzza1Melbourne

Excellent Product let down by flimsy 3 pin plug

I really like my new Dyson Hair Dryer, best have ever had but for such an expensive Dryer why do you fit such a flimsy 3 pin plug that bends easily with a simple knock.

Melbourne Sleepy
Melbourne SleepyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good while it works, the cable is a weakness

Almost 1 year old the cord broke internally and so stopped working. I decided to dismantle (voiding the warranty) to understand how such a simple fault could occur. After you carefully "break off" the switch caps dismantling is easy. The cable design is flawed due to the poor choice of both type and gauge, and will fail unless you are always careful with cable twisting and storage. Due to the moulded cable relief/barrier it is impossible to repair and replacement parts are not available to purchase.

Purchased in June 2019 for $600.00.

Shell
Shell

Its pretty good

Its nice and light so you dont get a sore hand or arm while blowdrying, it is a bit expensive though for what it is. The magnetic nozzle is alot easier to handle , i dont have a stand for it though it would be good if they sold the stands separately so I could buy one for my bathroom. I bought mine 3 years ago and its still going well

Purchased in December 2017 at Shaver Shop for $699.00.

Tina
TinaDarling Downs, QLD

What a rip off!

CoraleeAuckland, New Zealand

Seems to cause frizz for my hair, yet my other dryer does not

Sadly it seems too cause frizz and damage to my hair plus no quicker
Good position of controls, works well with a brush to curl hair
My previous dryer is better @ $80

Purchased in June 2020 for $599.00.

Coralee

Thank you, I have seen the demo's and have worked in hair dressing and can say it is not user error, sadly this dryer is not as good as a cheap hairdryer and certainly not worth the huge price tag

Great while it works

$600 hairdryer (way overpriced) and stopped working 2.5 years. Wife back to using old salon dryer that’s been going 7 years. Don’t buy ...not worth it. Dyson should improve quality if they want premium price. At $600 should expect multi years use- will be lodging complaint with ACCC and against Dyson and/or Myer for statutory consumer use rights. Expensive small appliance should last 4-5 years minimum under Aust law

Purchased in December 2017 at Myer for $549.00.

David W.
David W.
The Divine Miss L
The Divine Miss LQueensland

Painfully noisy

Makes a terrible loud high pitched noise, cannot be held near the head for any length of time because of it. I called Dyson who told me to get it replaced but being given the run-around by the site I bought it from. For the price the quality control should be much better. Incredibly disappointing.

Purchased in August 2020 at Adore Beauty for $466.00.

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty with the retailer.

Should we be able to assist further, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to assist further.

ConcernedUser
ConcernedUserMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great hairdryer but!!!

Worked great for 2 years and then suddenly started to stop start, i regularly cleaned the filter, stored in a safe place and never wrapped the electrical cord.
The repair place have had it for 2 weeks, advised that it needed a new electrical cord and clean at a cost of $90. Still have not got it back waiting on them to return my call.

Purchased at Myer for $600.00.

DysonDyson

If your machine is being repaired by Dyson or an authorized Dyson Service Centre, we will be happy to follow this up for you. Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch with you very shortly.

kevin t
kevin tMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My partner uses it every day like a ritual

Its a product that my partner can vouch for. Its expensive but serves the purpose and definitely a must have for ladies with long hair. My partner keeps raving about it even after a year later.

Purchased at David Jones Online Store for $500.00.

Debbie G
Debbie GGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

light weight but not more powerful than my parlux

I am a little disappointed after my husband spent $600 on this hairdryer as a surprise gift for me. I have a Parlux hairdryer I've been using for around 8 years and when I compare them they are identical with heat, power without the attachments. One thing that I have noticed with the Dyson is the force/pressure of the air blow reduces with the attachments connected which I haven't experienced with the Parlux, the concentrator makes it stronger whereas the concentrator makes it weaker with the Dyson. The only Pro of the Dyson in my opinion is the light weight which makes it easier for my 9 year old daughter to dry her own hair.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $600.00.

Michelle K.
Michelle K.South East Queensland, QLD

Best invest in hairdryer

As a professional hair dresser and salon owner, I recommend this as professional use and retail range as well. Light, powerful, softer wind. Very good machine.
After I tried one, I order second one as well. Very impressed.

Purchased in March 2020 at David Jones.

Anna.S
Anna.SSydney, NSW

Expensive and not really worth the money unless you can style your hair

After all the hype from my friends, I ordered it during the EOFY sale. I used to have a $25 VS sasson before that and I think the effect for both hair dryer is similar. This one saves you a little bit more time and if you're good at styling your hair then it's more worth it. Overall, it's expensive and not really worth the hype in my opinion.

S Jane
S JaneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not a fan

So expensive save your money. It makes my hair go so boof and frizzy have tried using different products and different brushes but cannot make it smooth. I have never had issues with any other dryer and takes about the same time to dry my hair as my GHD air dryer. It is lighter to hold maybe better for my hair but I'm not sure?

Purchased in January 2020 at Sephora Australia for $549.00.

R E.
R E.

LOVE IT!!!!!!

The best hairdryer

The best purchase I made

I blow dry my hair in half the time and it does not make my hair frizzy.

So safe to use

BUY IT:-D

Purchased in July 2020 at Sephora Australia.

Vincent
VincentSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expensive, but saves so much time

We bit the bullet on this hairdryer after all the hype. With a few people in our household with long hair, this has proven to be a significant timesaver in drying long hair (or short hair). It is quiet compared to normal hair dryers but so much power! We are so happy that we purchased another for our parents.

Andy B
Andy BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best Christmas gift

Very powerful hairdryer.
Lightweight and very fast results.
I have long hair this hairdryer can dry my hair in 2 minutes.
The magnetic attachments are awesome so is the rubber mat.
I’ve got the promo Dyson hair brushes they are great.
Would buy again it is a premium product, but well worth the money as. It saves a lot of time.

Purchased in December 2019 for $500.00.