Dyson Supersonic

Dyson Supersonic

MPNs: 306013-01, 306016-01, 316471-01 and 5 more
See the Best Hair Dryers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

• Safety
David G
David GAU

An expensive mistake. Do not purchase

Purchased in April 2019 at Bing Lee for $499.00.

Blue dahlia
Blue dahliaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don’t waste your hard earned money

I had heard such good things about Dyson but this product is a huge disappointment. I find even the lowest heat setting intolerable if using the dryer for more than a couple of minutes at a time and my hair - which was in fantastic condition and so soft prior to buying this piece of junk - feels like straw after using it for just over a month. If someone from Dyson reads this please don’t tell me to look at the tutorials as I already have. Seriously I’m in my 50’s and have never come across a hair dryer this bad - I’ll be going back to a Vidal Sassoon dryer. Even a $15 dryer fro Kmart would be better. I was thinking of getting a Dyson vacuum as well but this experience has put me off Dyson for life.

Purchased in July 2021 for $549.00.

Great until it breaks

I’ve had this hairdryer for about 2 years. It was great until it broke one month out of warranty. Serious concerns about its durability, given the cost of the unit. It is also going to cost $150 to repair the cord. It has been being “repaired” for over two weeks. Loan units are not offered and no communication from Dyson. Essentially a great hair dryer until it breaks.

Purchased in April 2019.

RenaeH
RenaeH

It has now nearly been 3 weeks. I don’t have my hairdryer and I have received no correspondence from Dyson. Very poor.

DysonDyson

This isn't what we'd expect and are keen to help. Could you please email us your details and we will be happy to follow this up and assist with a resolution.

Disappointed

I’ve had two dyson hairdryers in 3 years I’m a hairdresser they are not functional for salon use , they cut out while drying a clients hair it’s quite embarrassing for $500 dryer
Every time you email dyson response is good but it’s the same thing have you cleaned filter send to us , being a hairdresser and having to send dryer away is an inconvenience, feel like paying $500 you shouldn’t need a back up dryer , I’m so dissatisfied

Purchased in May 2020 for $500.00.

DysonDyson

This is certainly not what we would expect from the Dyson Supersonic and are keen to look into this further.

Please forward your review and concerns to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will only be happy to provide further assistance.

DON'T BUY - NOT BUILT TO LAST

Purchased in November 2019.

Nelly
NellyMelbourne, Victoria

Worst hairdryer ever

Don't waste your money. It leaves your hair feeling and looking like straw. Lots of hair damage. So disappointed with this product. My Halo and Feather Jet are far superior and half the price.

Jamie
JamieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crappiest Hairdryer ever

Purchased in October 2020 at David Jones Online Store for $549.00.

Jenna
JennaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Big Let Down

I received this as a gift. I was so pleased with it and used it for about a month until I noticed my my hair was getting a lot of breakage and was quite frizzy. My hair was in great condition before this. I have had to return to my old hair dryer. After researching the product I found it was a common issue. At the price, that was paid, $550, I would expect my hair to be in much better condition. I contacted Dyson who said they would service it, not sure how this will help. I sent them my details so as they could arrange for the return of the product and have not heard a thing back from them.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for $550.00.

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear you haven't heard from us, this is quite unusual and we are happy to help.

Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly.

Tina
TinaDarling Downs, QLD

What a rip off!

CoraleeAuckland, New Zealand

Seems to cause frizz for my hair, yet my other dryer does not

Sadly it seems too cause frizz and damage to my hair plus no quicker
Good position of controls, works well with a brush to curl hair
My previous dryer is better @ $80

Purchased in June 2020 for $599.00.

Coralee

Thank you, I have seen the demo's and have worked in hair dressing and can say it is not user error, sadly this dryer is not as good as a cheap hairdryer and certainly not worth the huge price tag

Tammy Parnell
Tammy ParnellPerth, WA

Don't Waste Your Money

I have always bought a German brand hair dryer only two in my lifetime im over 50! When the Dyson came out I thought I would try it as it was flood with lots of praise. No way this is any better than all the others. Does not dry the hair any quicker or conditions the hair but leaving it healthier after drying. Waste of money .

Purchased for $500.00.

Waste of money

Bought this for a present for my wife ,it didn’t take long for it to continuously stop working,it was taken to the dealer who replaced it with a new one that did exactly the same thing .So sent it back once again ,only to be told that it was because the filter had not been cleaned ,which was not the case because it is a very simple thing to do before you use it and we made sure it was always cleaned.Looks good that’s about all.

VinceCK
VinceCK

Expensive but not build to last unfortunately

Bought it for less than 1 year and now it cannot start at all. Called Dyson and told me it might because of the filter got blocked. I cleaned it every week and it still can blocked. Bad timing.
No hair dryer use while waiting for it to be repaired. Cold winter with no hair dryer to use. How sad my life is currently. :( Waited for 2 weeks now and now still waiting.

Should have bought a cheaper one.

Purchased in November 2018.

Save your money

Only had my Dyson hair dryer for 3 months . It was great in the beginning but then it started over heating and now it wont turn off when i hit the switch, literally have to unplug it. So disappointed!

Purchased in April 2019 for $243.00.

DysonDyson

This is certainly not what we would expect from a Dyson Supersonic.

We would kindly ask you to reach out to our US Dyson Experts via questions.us@dyson.com and we will be only happy to help.

Extremely disappointed

I bought the Dyson hair dryer 3 months ago. I have used it about 6 times, the reason being that it blows to hard even on the lowest setting. It hurt my eyes, I have dry eyes, and caused them to swell due to the added irritation. I found it difficult to style my hair in sections as while doing so it was blowing out another section, drying it before it could be styled. Using the defused is okay as long as it is not around my face. I feel really let down by this product. I contacted Dyson but they were not interested in my disatisfaction with the product. So for me it was a huge investment based on trusting a Dyson product, I cannot use it so have wasted my money.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys.

DysonDyson

We certainly wouldn't experience any issues like this when using your Dyson Supersonic.

We would kindly ask you to forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to discuss your concerns and assist further.

Julyta
Julytaasked

Will the US version not work in Portugal since voltage is not the same? Could I use a converter?

Cynde F.
Cynde F.asked

Can I plug my Dyson blow dryer into it extension cord?

DysonDyson

Dyson recommend plugging your machine directly into a wall outlet and can't make any recommendations around using extension cords, double adapters or powerboards.

If we can assist with any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via live chat, Facebook Messenger or phone. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Jimmy L.
Jimmy L.asked

Hi, the dyson hair dryer I got for my wife has a delay when she on the dryer. All function works fine. The delay is about 1 to 2 sec. And doesn't happen all the time. Is that normal?

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

At $549, the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is one of the most expensive hair dryers on the market, but its ease of use and build quality are among the features that have made it a hair care fan favourite.

Features:

• 4 heat settings, ranging from the lowest 28°C cold setting to the highest 100°C heat setting
  • Choose between 3 speed settings, depending on how much time you have available to dry your hair
  • Long 2.8m cord length for greater mobility
  • Includes a range of magnetic styling attachments, such as a diffuser, gentle air attachment and smoothing nozzle

What reviewers liked about the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer:

• Despite the exorbitant price, reviewers didn’t regret their purchase and thought that this hair dryer was worth the money that they spent
  • The Dyson hair dryer worked fast, with many reviewers claiming that their hair dried within minutes of use
  • A recurring point of praise was the lightweight build of the hair dryer. It didn’t hurt to hold the hair dryer up while drying and styling hair, and it was easy to pack away to take on holidays.
CategoryHair Dryers
Included AccessoriesConcentrator, Diffuser / Volumiser, Gentle Air Attachment and Smoothing Nozzle
Number of Heat Settings4
Number of Speed Settings3
Power1,600 W
Weight659 g
AttachmentsStyling Concentrator, Diffuser, Gentle Air Attachment, Smoothing Nozzle
Cord Length2.8 m
Colour / FinishIron/Fuchsia, Black/Purple, Black/Nickel, Blue Gold
ManualDownload manual
  • MPN: 306013-01, 306016-01, 316471-01, 318194-01, 323208-01, 323718-01, 333258-01 and 386820-01
  • GTIN13: 5025155025529