Dyson Supersonic

Dyson Supersonic

MPNs: 306013-01, 306016-01, 316471-01 and 5 more
See the Best Hair Dryers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

• Safety
David G
David GAU

An expensive mistake. Do not purchase

Purchased in April 2019 at Bing Lee for $499.00.

Blue dahlia
Blue dahliaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don’t waste your hard earned money

I had heard such good things about Dyson but this product is a huge disappointment. I find even the lowest heat setting intolerable if using the dryer for more than a couple of minutes at a time and my hair - which was in fantastic condition and so soft prior to buying this piece of junk - feels like straw after using it for just over a month. If someone from Dyson reads this please don’t tell me to look at the tutorials as I already have. Seriously I’m in my 50’s and have never come across a hair dryer this bad - I’ll be going back to a Vidal Sassoon dryer. Even a $15 dryer fro Kmart would be better. I was thinking of getting a Dyson vacuum as well but this experience has put me off Dyson for life.

Purchased in July 2021 for $549.00.

Mag
MagGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Save your money

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $489.00.

Trudy
TrudySouth West, WA

Not the best!

Didn't work like i thought it would! The air the comes out is not as strong as you would expect. It also overheated and stopped working the 3rd day of use. Has not happened since

Disappointed

After trying different settings and persevering i eventually returned the Dyson hairdryer as it made my hair temporarily feel
Like straw when drying it . I have gone back to
My cloud nine hairdryer and my hair feels
Fine . Very disappointed

Great until it breaks

I’ve had this hairdryer for about 2 years. It was great until it broke one month out of warranty. Serious concerns about its durability, given the cost of the unit. It is also going to cost $150 to repair the cord. It has been being “repaired” for over two weeks. Loan units are not offered and no communication from Dyson. Essentially a great hair dryer until it breaks.

Purchased in April 2019.

RenaeH
RenaeH

It has now nearly been 3 weeks. I don’t have my hairdryer and I have received no correspondence from Dyson. Very poor.

DysonDyson

This isn't what we'd expect and are keen to help. Could you please email us your details and we will be happy to follow this up and assist with a resolution.

Disappointed

I’ve had two dyson hairdryers in 3 years I’m a hairdresser they are not functional for salon use , they cut out while drying a clients hair it’s quite embarrassing for $500 dryer
Every time you email dyson response is good but it’s the same thing have you cleaned filter send to us , being a hairdresser and having to send dryer away is an inconvenience, feel like paying $500 you shouldn’t need a back up dryer , I’m so dissatisfied

Purchased in May 2020 for $500.00.

DysonDyson

This is certainly not what we would expect from the Dyson Supersonic and are keen to look into this further.

Please forward your review and concerns to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will only be happy to provide further assistance.

DON'T BUY - NOT BUILT TO LAST

Purchased in November 2019.

Nelly
NellyMelbourne, Victoria

Worst hairdryer ever

Don't waste your money. It leaves your hair feeling and looking like straw. Lots of hair damage. So disappointed with this product. My Halo and Feather Jet are far superior and half the price.

Jamie
JamieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crappiest Hairdryer ever

Purchased in October 2020 at David Jones Online Store for $549.00.

Jenna
JennaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Big Let Down

I received this as a gift. I was so pleased with it and used it for about a month until I noticed my my hair was getting a lot of breakage and was quite frizzy. My hair was in great condition before this. I have had to return to my old hair dryer. After researching the product I found it was a common issue. At the price, that was paid, $550, I would expect my hair to be in much better condition. I contacted Dyson who said they would service it, not sure how this will help. I sent them my details so as they could arrange for the return of the product and have not heard a thing back from them.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for $550.00.

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear you haven't heard from us, this is quite unusual and we are happy to help.

Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly.

Tina
TinaDarling Downs, QLD

What a rip off!

CoraleeAuckland, New Zealand

Seems to cause frizz for my hair, yet my other dryer does not

Sadly it seems too cause frizz and damage to my hair plus no quicker
Good position of controls, works well with a brush to curl hair
My previous dryer is better @ $80

Purchased in June 2020 for $599.00.

Coralee

Thank you, I have seen the demo's and have worked in hair dressing and can say it is not user error, sadly this dryer is not as good as a cheap hairdryer and certainly not worth the huge price tag

The Divine Miss L
The Divine Miss LQueensland

Painfully noisy

Makes a terrible loud high pitched noise, cannot be held near the head for any length of time because of it. I called Dyson who told me to get it replaced but being given the run-around by the site I bought it from. For the price the quality control should be much better. Incredibly disappointing.

Purchased in August 2020 at Adore Beauty for $466.00.

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty with the retailer.

Should we be able to assist further, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to assist further.

Anna.S
Anna.SSydney, NSW

Expensive and not really worth the money unless you can style your hair

After all the hype from my friends, I ordered it during the EOFY sale. I used to have a $25 VS sasson before that and I think the effect for both hair dryer is similar. This one saves you a little bit more time and if you're good at styling your hair then it's more worth it. Overall, it's expensive and not really worth the hype in my opinion.

Alice Y.
Alice Y.asked

What if electricity goes out when in use dyson air wrap?
Will it be broken or damaged?
Electricity usually goes out in my country so I can’t help worrying about this

Julyta
Julytaasked

Will the US version not work in Portugal since voltage is not the same? Could I use a converter?

Cynde F.
Cynde F.asked

Can I plug my Dyson blow dryer into it extension cord?

DysonDyson

Dyson recommend plugging your machine directly into a wall outlet and can't make any recommendations around using extension cords, double adapters or powerboards.

If we can assist with any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via live chat, Facebook Messenger or phone. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

At $549, the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is one of the most expensive hair dryers on the market, but its ease of use and build quality are among the features that have made it a hair care fan favourite.

Features:

• 4 heat settings, ranging from the lowest 28°C cold setting to the highest 100°C heat setting
  • Choose between 3 speed settings, depending on how much time you have available to dry your hair
  • Long 2.8m cord length for greater mobility
  • Includes a range of magnetic styling attachments, such as a diffuser, gentle air attachment and smoothing nozzle

What reviewers liked about the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer:

• Despite the exorbitant price, reviewers didn’t regret their purchase and thought that this hair dryer was worth the money that they spent
  • The Dyson hair dryer worked fast, with many reviewers claiming that their hair dried within minutes of use
  • A recurring point of praise was the lightweight build of the hair dryer. It didn’t hurt to hold the hair dryer up while drying and styling hair, and it was easy to pack away to take on holidays.
CategoryHair Dryers
Included AccessoriesConcentrator, Diffuser / Volumiser, Gentle Air Attachment and Smoothing Nozzle
Number of Heat Settings4
Number of Speed Settings3
Power1,600 W
Weight659 g
AttachmentsStyling Concentrator, Diffuser, Gentle Air Attachment, Smoothing Nozzle
Cord Length2.8 m
Colour / FinishIron/Fuchsia, Black/Purple, Black/Nickel, Blue Gold
ManualDownload manual
  • MPN: 306013-01, 306016-01, 316471-01, 318194-01, 323208-01, 323718-01, 333258-01 and 386820-01
  • GTIN13: 5025155025529