Dyson Supersonic

Dyson Supersonic

MPNs: 306013-01, 306016-01, 316471-01 and 5 more
See the Best Hair Dryers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

• Safety

Wished they make them dual voltage considering the price

So devastated that I will have to give, well basically throw away my Dyson as I am moving abroad with my job and no longer can use it there as their voltages are lower than the one in the UK. Wished that for that price Dyson would at least thought about that since it's an expensive and innovative product!

Purchased in January 2021 at Dyson.

Marina
MarinaSydney

I expecting more

It's not heavy, but I was expecting it to be lighter, it's not that loud, which is good, it's nice in shape but nothing special if compared to conventional dryers.

Purchased in December 2020.

Other Hair Dryers

The product when it works is very good, but has its flaws

Purchased at Boots the chemist.

KateP
KatePPerth, WA

Keeps cutting out

Bought my Dyson hairdryer in Nov 2018, all good until a few months ago when it started cutting out on a regular basis (read everyday). Not sure what to do as just out of warranty. Has been well looked after and filter cleaned daily. Not what I would expect from such an expensive dryer and reputable company.

Purchased in November 2018 at Myer for $500.00.

Melbourne Sleepy
Melbourne SleepyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good while it works, the cable is a weakness

Almost 1 year old the cord broke internally and so stopped working. I decided to dismantle (voiding the warranty) to understand how such a simple fault could occur. After you carefully "break off" the switch caps dismantling is easy. The cable design is flawed due to the poor choice of both type and gauge, and will fail unless you are always careful with cable twisting and storage. Due to the moulded cable relief/barrier it is impossible to repair and replacement parts are not available to purchase.

Purchased in June 2019 for $600.00.

Debbie G
Debbie GGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

light weight but not more powerful than my parlux

I am a little disappointed after my husband spent $600 on this hairdryer as a surprise gift for me. I have a Parlux hairdryer I've been using for around 8 years and when I compare them they are identical with heat, power without the attachments. One thing that I have noticed with the Dyson is the force/pressure of the air blow reduces with the attachments connected which I haven't experienced with the Parlux, the concentrator makes it stronger whereas the concentrator makes it weaker with the Dyson. The only Pro of the Dyson in my opinion is the light weight which makes it easier for my 9 year old daughter to dry her own hair.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $600.00.

S Jane
S JaneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not a fan

So expensive save your money. It makes my hair go so boof and frizzy have tried using different products and different brushes but cannot make it smooth. I have never had issues with any other dryer and takes about the same time to dry my hair as my GHD air dryer. It is lighter to hold maybe better for my hair but I'm not sure?

Purchased in January 2020 at Sephora Australia for $549.00.

Charli R.

Not quite worth the money

This hair dryer is great. But it’s not $500 great. It’s actually heavier than my current one. I have really really long hair and bought it because it says it will dry hair faster than a regular dryer - a process which takes me 20-30 mins as is. I thought I might get 10-12 mins back. Not the case at all. It takes the same time but does feel like it’s less harsh on my hair.

Purchased in January 2020 at Dyson for $494.00.

Not worth the $450

This hairdryer is good. It takes the same amount of time to dry my (very very long) hair but it dries it to the point of what I would call ‘bone dry’. However, it is heavier than my previous hairdryer and 10x the price. Literally. I wouldn’t say it was 10 x faster or 10x drier so I wouldn’t recommend paying the price. $250 would be an okay price but for all the hype and price tag, it just doesn’t measure up.

Purchased in February 2020 at Dyson for $494.00.

Jennifer
JenniferSydney

Ok, but overrated

Purchased in November 2018 at Dyson.

Anna J
Anna JSydney, NSW

Prefer my Parlux

Used Qantas points to buy the Dyson because I wasnt convinced it would be $350 more value than my Parlux. I have been styling my long thick hair for 30 years so have had lots of experience with it. I found the weight in the Dyson handle difficult to get used to and it definitely makes my wrist ache. Time to dry was no better than the Parlux, but most importantly it didnt get my hair as smooth. After several weeks I reverted back to my Parlux and the Dyson stays in the cupboard unused. Its Ok, but not worth the crazy price.

Purchased in August 2017.

Amy
AmyMelbourne

Good hairdryer but expensive

I love my Dyson vacuum so was excited about this hairdryer! I think because of the hype I expected more power but all in all I would say it dries my hair quicker. It takes some getting used to because it is so light but it feels lovely to hold. It’s quiet which is fantastic when babies are sleeping or you’re trying to listen to the radio whilst drying your hair. However I can’t say that the pros justify the cost which is significant. I’ll be interested to see their improvements over the next few years!

Karen Z
Karen ZSydney, NSW

It’s good but not perfect

It is strong and not too loud compares to traditional hair drier. It is stylish and not too hot. But every time after I use this my hair will stick together

Leema
LeemaSydney, NSW

Quite expensive

I got it as an anniversary gift from hubby two years ago when it was new in the market.Could'nt digest the price tag for a hair dryer.My hair is normal wavy hair.
Pros:
Dries hair quickly
Different temp and airflow settings.
Stylish and compact
Cons:
I will not invest my hard earned money for a hair dryer this expensive.
It did not do any wonders to my hair.

Tracy
TracyMelbourne

Good but not worth the $$$

I bought this hairdryer because I bought into the hype. It’s good but not worth the huge expense. It does dry my hair faster than my previous hairdryer and is also lighter to hold. It also his this high pitched noise when first turning it on which terrifies my dog, he now has anxiety and avoids the bathroom when I’m in there.

Julyta
Julytaasked

Will the US version not work in Portugal since voltage is not the same? Could I use a converter?

Cynde F.
Cynde F.asked

Can I plug my Dyson blow dryer into it extension cord?

DysonDyson

Dyson recommend plugging your machine directly into a wall outlet and can't make any recommendations around using extension cords, double adapters or powerboards.

If we can assist with any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via live chat, Facebook Messenger or phone. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Jimmy L.
Jimmy L.asked

Hi, the dyson hair dryer I got for my wife has a delay when she on the dryer. All function works fine. The delay is about 1 to 2 sec. And doesn't happen all the time. Is that normal?

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

At $549, the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is one of the most expensive hair dryers on the market, but its ease of use and build quality are among the features that have made it a hair care fan favourite.

Features:

• 4 heat settings, ranging from the lowest 28°C cold setting to the highest 100°C heat setting
  • Choose between 3 speed settings, depending on how much time you have available to dry your hair
  • Long 2.8m cord length for greater mobility
  • Includes a range of magnetic styling attachments, such as a diffuser, gentle air attachment and smoothing nozzle

What reviewers liked about the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer:

• Despite the exorbitant price, reviewers didn’t regret their purchase and thought that this hair dryer was worth the money that they spent
  • The Dyson hair dryer worked fast, with many reviewers claiming that their hair dried within minutes of use
  • A recurring point of praise was the lightweight build of the hair dryer. It didn’t hurt to hold the hair dryer up while drying and styling hair, and it was easy to pack away to take on holidays.
CategoryHair Dryers
Included AccessoriesConcentrator, Diffuser / Volumiser, Gentle Air Attachment and Smoothing Nozzle
Number of Heat Settings4
Number of Speed Settings3
Power1,600 W
Weight659 g
AttachmentsStyling Concentrator, Diffuser, Gentle Air Attachment, Smoothing Nozzle
Cord Length2.8 m
Colour / FinishIron/Fuchsia, Black/Purple, Black/Nickel, Blue Gold
ManualDownload manual
  • MPN: 306013-01, 306016-01, 316471-01, 318194-01, 323208-01, 323718-01, 333258-01 and 386820-01
  • GTIN13: 5025155025529