Dyson Supersonic

Dyson Supersonic

MPNs: 306013-01, 306016-01, 316471-01 and 5 more
See the Best Hair Dryers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

• Safety
Lisa
LisaSydney, NSW

I love it, even if it cost an arm and a leg

Purchased in April 2021 for $799.00.

Frances Hillman
Frances HillmanVictoria Daly, NT

Wonderful

The Dyson hairdryer is the answer to fine hair as it gives wonderful body and helps prevent broken ends as the temperature can be adjusted so easily. The only negative to this piece of machinery is the on and off switch which is a bit dodgy and waiting for it to breakdown completely

N d'Cruz
N d'CruzSydney, NSW

Great hairdryer but doesn't last!

Purchased in December 2016 for $650.00.

OliviaRej
OliviaRejGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Really impressive hairdryer

I was given this hairdryer as a gift at Christmas, and whilst i originally felt like it was all marketing spin, the Dyson hairdryer has converted me. Apart from it's beautiful design, it has a lot of flexibility in settings and i've found its far more gentle on my hair compared to my traditional style hairdryer. Im a convert!

Sarah C.
Sarah C.Sydney, NSW

Not bad for straight hair.

After only using cheap hairdryers that would burn and pull my hair into the filter this was a nice change.

I’ve now owned my hair dryer for 2 years with no issues.

Given I have long hair being able to flip my hair upside down and move the hairdryer into the middle of my hair to dry quicker has helped.

I find my hair not to be as brittle or dry after using this.

Haven’t really needed to use a lot of the attachments give my hair being dead straight.

Given I also now own the Dyson Airwrap as of a week ago I would have been happy with just this product given it also has a hairdryer attachment instead of also owning the hairdryer.

Purchased in May 2019 for $549.00.

Wished they make them dual voltage considering the price

So devastated that I will have to give, well basically throw away my Dyson as I am moving abroad with my job and no longer can use it there as their voltages are lower than the one in the UK. Wished that for that price Dyson would at least thought about that since it's an expensive and innovative product!

Purchased in January 2021 at Dyson.

Marina
MarinaSydney

I expecting more

It's not heavy, but I was expecting it to be lighter, it's not that loud, which is good, it's nice in shape but nothing special if compared to conventional dryers.

Purchased in December 2020.

The product when it works is very good, but has its flaws

Purchased at Boots the chemist.

KateP
KatePPerth, WA

Keeps cutting out

Bought my Dyson hairdryer in Nov 2018, all good until a few months ago when it started cutting out on a regular basis (read everyday). Not sure what to do as just out of warranty. Has been well looked after and filter cleaned daily. Not what I would expect from such an expensive dryer and reputable company.

Purchased in November 2018 at Myer for $500.00.

Huzza1
Huzza1Melbourne

Excellent Product let down by flimsy 3 pin plug

I really like my new Dyson Hair Dryer, best have ever had but for such an expensive Dryer why do you fit such a flimsy 3 pin plug that bends easily with a simple knock.

Melbourne Sleepy
Melbourne SleepyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good while it works, the cable is a weakness

Almost 1 year old the cord broke internally and so stopped working. I decided to dismantle (voiding the warranty) to understand how such a simple fault could occur. After you carefully "break off" the switch caps dismantling is easy. The cable design is flawed due to the poor choice of both type and gauge, and will fail unless you are always careful with cable twisting and storage. Due to the moulded cable relief/barrier it is impossible to repair and replacement parts are not available to purchase.

Purchased in June 2019 for $600.00.

Shell
Shell

Its pretty good

Its nice and light so you dont get a sore hand or arm while blowdrying, it is a bit expensive though for what it is. The magnetic nozzle is alot easier to handle , i dont have a stand for it though it would be good if they sold the stands separately so I could buy one for my bathroom. I bought mine 3 years ago and its still going well

Purchased in December 2017 at Shaver Shop for $699.00.

Great while it works

$600 hairdryer (way overpriced) and stopped working 2.5 years. Wife back to using old salon dryer that’s been going 7 years. Don’t buy ...not worth it. Dyson should improve quality if they want premium price. At $600 should expect multi years use- will be lodging complaint with ACCC and against Dyson and/or Myer for statutory consumer use rights. Expensive small appliance should last 4-5 years minimum under Aust law

Purchased in December 2017 at Myer for $549.00.

David W.
David W.
ConcernedUser
ConcernedUserMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great hairdryer but!!!

Worked great for 2 years and then suddenly started to stop start, i regularly cleaned the filter, stored in a safe place and never wrapped the electrical cord.
The repair place have had it for 2 weeks, advised that it needed a new electrical cord and clean at a cost of $90. Still have not got it back waiting on them to return my call.

Purchased at Myer for $600.00.

DysonDyson

If your machine is being repaired by Dyson or an authorized Dyson Service Centre, we will be happy to follow this up for you. Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch with you very shortly.

Debbie G
Debbie GGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

light weight but not more powerful than my parlux

I am a little disappointed after my husband spent $600 on this hairdryer as a surprise gift for me. I have a Parlux hairdryer I've been using for around 8 years and when I compare them they are identical with heat, power without the attachments. One thing that I have noticed with the Dyson is the force/pressure of the air blow reduces with the attachments connected which I haven't experienced with the Parlux, the concentrator makes it stronger whereas the concentrator makes it weaker with the Dyson. The only Pro of the Dyson in my opinion is the light weight which makes it easier for my 9 year old daughter to dry her own hair.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $600.00.

Alice Y.
Alice Y.asked

What if electricity goes out when in use dyson air wrap?
Will it be broken or damaged?
Electricity usually goes out in my country so I can’t help worrying about this

Julyta
Julytaasked

Will the US version not work in Portugal since voltage is not the same? Could I use a converter?

Cynde F.
Cynde F.asked

Can I plug my Dyson blow dryer into it extension cord?

DysonDyson

Dyson recommend plugging your machine directly into a wall outlet and can't make any recommendations around using extension cords, double adapters or powerboards.

If we can assist with any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via live chat, Facebook Messenger or phone. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

At $549, the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is one of the most expensive hair dryers on the market, but its ease of use and build quality are among the features that have made it a hair care fan favourite.

Features:

• 4 heat settings, ranging from the lowest 28°C cold setting to the highest 100°C heat setting
  • Choose between 3 speed settings, depending on how much time you have available to dry your hair
  • Long 2.8m cord length for greater mobility
  • Includes a range of magnetic styling attachments, such as a diffuser, gentle air attachment and smoothing nozzle

What reviewers liked about the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer:

• Despite the exorbitant price, reviewers didn’t regret their purchase and thought that this hair dryer was worth the money that they spent
  • The Dyson hair dryer worked fast, with many reviewers claiming that their hair dried within minutes of use
  • A recurring point of praise was the lightweight build of the hair dryer. It didn’t hurt to hold the hair dryer up while drying and styling hair, and it was easy to pack away to take on holidays.
CategoryHair Dryers
Included AccessoriesConcentrator, Diffuser / Volumiser, Gentle Air Attachment and Smoothing Nozzle
Number of Heat Settings4
Number of Speed Settings3
Power1,600 W
Weight659 g
AttachmentsStyling Concentrator, Diffuser, Gentle Air Attachment, Smoothing Nozzle
Cord Length2.8 m
Colour / FinishIron/Fuchsia, Black/Purple, Black/Nickel, Blue Gold
ManualDownload manual
  • MPN: 306013-01, 306016-01, 316471-01, 318194-01, 323208-01, 323718-01, 333258-01 and 386820-01
  • GTIN13: 5025155025529