Dyson Supersonic

Dyson Supersonic

MPNs: 306013-01, 306016-01, 316471-01 and 5 more
See the Best Hair Dryers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

• Safety
Bec S
Bec SSouth Australia

A worthy investment

The Dyson is amazing, I have long thick hair and it takes less time to now make sure my hair is dry especially if I wash it at night.
The price might put you off but the results are amazing. I’d never normally buy one so expensive but I read loads of reviews and they were correct. The new flyaway attachment basically drys and straightens my hair at the same time.
Definitely a wise investment

Purchased at Dyson for $599.00.

Pat
PatGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dyson Supersonic is…SUPER!

Dyson makes a lot of claims about its Supersonic hairdryer, for example, it’s gentle on your hair and scalp, it dries hair quickly without the damage, its attachments provide a tailored styling experience and that it is quiet to use. Well, it’s all true and then some. The first thing I noticed was that my hair dried with a lot less frizz and very quickly. I love it and will not be using anything else from here on. If you want a really good quality, gentle hairdryer and are happy to pay around $600, don’t hesitate. It is a game changer!

Purchased in July 2021 at Adore Beauty for $599.00.

The_Hidden_R
The_Hidden_RPerth, WA

Worth its big price tag!

Purchased in October 2019.

Sam L
Sam LPerth

Brilliant product and time saver

Purchased in July 2020 at myers for $599.00.

odette
odetteGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best hairdryer

I love my dyson hairdryer. It is light and easy to use. It has effecient drying capacity even with my thick hair. The head attachments can be easily change with its magnetic head and very easy to manuevre while drying hair.

Simone
SimoneSydney

Must have beauty tool

I LOVE my Dyson hairdryer. It’s very lightweight and doesn’t overheat or ‘fry’ my hair even though it takes me a good hour to dry my thick hair. It also comes with all the necessary accessories.

It’s expensive but I would say absolutely worth it. My whole family uses mine and it’s still as powerful as when I first purchased it.

Belle
BellePerth

Best hair dryer ever!!

I have used many hair dryers over the years,I can honestly say without a doubt,the Dyson out performs them all. Leaves my hair shiny and smooth, with little effort. Happy customer.

Mellisa Siktars
Mellisa SiktarsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

THE actual best hairdryer!

I bought myself the Dyson hairdryer for my Birthday. I already had the straightener so I sort of knew I’d be happy with the dryer also. I wasn’t prepared for just how good it was! If you’re even thinking about buying one, go to a store and check it out. You’ll want one! Dries my hair in half the time, it’s smoother, silky and I do find I don’t even need to really straighten it too much after.

Purchased in July 2021.

ViviT
ViviTSydney, NSW

Best hairdryer I’ve ever owned!

The hair during is light to handle and drys my frizzy hair super smooth and very quickly. I’m saying that my hair is in the thinner side.

The sound to me is standard for a hairdryer so I would say it’s quiet though. It’s super powerful without blowing my hair around like a cyclone.

So I absolutely love my hair dryer and because of the cost I’m hoping it lasts a lifetime. I’ve had it for a year now without any issues. Also bought the stand to help store it under the sink and it works a treat. I thought the stand was expensive but I think it’s worth it for easy storage.

Purchased in June 2020 for $549.00.

Donna Mineo
Donna MineoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Curly hair? You need this dryer ➰your curls will thank you ➰

The Dyson dryer is an excellent machine for all hair types, however if you wear your curls naturally this dryer is the bomb.

Curly hair generally will turn into a frizz ball when dried with a conventional dryer. The Dyson is magical as the diffuser evenly distributes the warm air and doesn’t cause the hair to fly around. This means that your curls will ‘set’ without the frizz.

I’ve owned mine for two years without a glitch. Sure it is expensive, but my hair drying time has been halved and is more effective. All those saved hours each month add up, so it’s a real investment both for your valuable time and your curls.

It’s easy to use, fast and ergonomic. I highly recommend this little machine.

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer for $499.00.

Ms.E
Ms.E

Love it!

It worth the money, easy to use, look sleek, dry hair quicker and my hair seems healthier too. Love their products, going to collect more items from them. Wish they hav loyalty program for regular customers.

Purchased in December 2020 at Dyson for $410.00.

HelenMB
HelenMBPerth, WA

Really notice the difference

I bought the Dyson supersonic limited edition hairdryer about three weeks ago. The lady who sold it to me said her customers have come back to say their hair feels smooth and soft. She wasn’t lying. This hairdryer is really worth it. Adds great body, no fly-away strands, smooth and soft hair. I have shoulder length white/platinum hair (my age, not dyed). This dryer is light, compared to my recently deceased Parlux 3500, and easy to manoeuvre, doesnt hurt my shoulder or neck, and dries my hair quickly, I even use the diffuser to dry my hair off before I style. I am totally in love with it.

Purchased in January 2021 at The Good Guys for $549.00.

Jann
JannSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best hairdryer on the market

Today I received my Dyson Supersonic hairdryer and tested it out straight away. What a fabulous appliance. Very well balanced and easy to use and hold. I have straightish but frizzy hair and just blew my hair without using a brush or comb. My hair dried with 90% less frizz than what my previous could achieve. Thank you Dyson LOVE LOVE LOVE it

Purchased in December 2020.

Dora
DoraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hello Beautiful Hair

Purchased in July 2020 for $560.00.

kevin t
kevin tMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My partner uses it every day like a ritual

Its a product that my partner can vouch for. Its expensive but serves the purpose and definitely a must have for ladies with long hair. My partner keeps raving about it even after a year later.

Purchased at David Jones Online Store for $500.00.

Julyta
Julytaasked

Will the US version not work in Portugal since voltage is not the same? Could I use a converter?

Cynde F.
Cynde F.asked

Can I plug my Dyson blow dryer into it extension cord?

Dyson
DysonDyson

Dyson recommend plugging your machine directly into a wall outlet and can't make any recommendations around using extension cords, double adapters or powerboards.

If we can assist with any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via live chat, Facebook Messenger or phone. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Jimmy L.
Jimmy L.asked

Hi, the dyson hair dryer I got for my wife has a delay when she on the dryer. All function works fine. The delay is about 1 to 2 sec. And doesn't happen all the time. Is that normal?

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

At $549, the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is one of the most expensive hair dryers on the market, but its ease of use and build quality are among the features that have made it a hair care fan favourite.

Features:

• 4 heat settings, ranging from the lowest 28°C cold setting to the highest 100°C heat setting
  • Choose between 3 speed settings, depending on how much time you have available to dry your hair
  • Long 2.8m cord length for greater mobility
  • Includes a range of magnetic styling attachments, such as a diffuser, gentle air attachment and smoothing nozzle

What reviewers liked about the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer:

• Despite the exorbitant price, reviewers didn’t regret their purchase and thought that this hair dryer was worth the money that they spent
  • The Dyson hair dryer worked fast, with many reviewers claiming that their hair dried within minutes of use
  • A recurring point of praise was the lightweight build of the hair dryer. It didn’t hurt to hold the hair dryer up while drying and styling hair, and it was easy to pack away to take on holidays.
CategoryHair Dryers
Included AccessoriesConcentrator, Diffuser / Volumiser, Gentle Air Attachment and Smoothing Nozzle
Number of Heat Settings4
Number of Speed Settings3
Power1,600 W
Weight659 g
AttachmentsStyling Concentrator, Diffuser, Gentle Air Attachment, Smoothing Nozzle
Cord Length2.8 m
Colour / FinishIron/Fuchsia, Black/Purple, Black/Nickel, Blue Gold
ManualDownload manual
  • MPN: 306013-01, 306016-01, 316471-01, 318194-01, 323208-01, 323718-01, 333258-01 and 386820-01
  • GTIN13: 5025155025529