Outsize, Outsize Pro

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (18) · No (5)
  • Battery Life

Overpriced and poor quality

Purchased in May 2020 at Dyson for $1,250.00.

Lisa S.

Lisa S.New South Wales

No good for arthritis sufferers

Purchased in December 2020.

Sam

Sam

A Weapon- Phenomenal!

Upgraded from the V10 to the V11. The V11 has somehow managed to pull out a canister worth of dust/dirt from carpets that were just completed with the V10 earlier that day! The suction is something else. The battery life is 10/10. Yes it is larger than a V10 but we do our home in half the time now because of the bigger footprint. Its a tad heavier but nothing to write about. I wouldn't go back to a V10 now.. massive upgrade.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Dyson V11 Outsize compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Bad mistake

Bad mistakeMid North Coast, NSW

Upgraded but Disappointed

I upgraded from a V6 that we have loved.
Pros : Vacuum time - barrel cleaning - attachments - Auto floors - AI on battery and usage times - quieter
Cons : really heavy that it hurts vacuuming on plush carpet on Auto - heads too wide for practical daily use - no mattress attachment as standard - bulkier storage
AND it has made me invest $50
on attachments for the V6
This is a lot of money and it is really disappointing as I have loved our Dyson V6 and our old Handheld. I am really concerned this will end up in the cupboard like our barrel vacuum and wish we got the V10 that was way cheaper but more practical

Purchased in December 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store for $1,200.00.

Zahara

ZaharaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Suction is amazing! However comes at a cost

Purchased in December 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,299.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Tiles

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Roland S.

Roland S.Murray Region, NSW

One of the best investments I have made

We have a 50sq house with a 30/70 hard floor/carpet. Love this vac, it is the only one we use daily. Great cannister capacity and good life on the battery. The carpet head does an excellent job, very impressed

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum
radicalgirl

radicalgirlWA, 6112

Given me injury

I vacuum every day as I have cats, dogs and kids. Does a good job and has a good battery life but you have to maintain a grip on the trigger to keep it down. This gripping in conjunction with the machine being very heavy and the repetitive back and forth action has caused me to have tennis elbow. The extra large bin is unnecessary as the battery runs out before it’s even 1/2 full. I wish I would have just got the regular V11, not the outsize and I think Dyson should change the trigger so you don’t have to keep it pressed down. I now only use it for quick jobs and have gone back to the Miele corded vac for big jobs over 5 mins.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,400.00.

Floor TypeTiles
DysonDyson

We certainly wouldn't expect any injuries to occur from using a Dyson machine.

Please forward your details, serial number of your machine and your review to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly.

Lucy B.

Lucy B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fabulous vacuum but hard to handle

Very strong suction perfect for all types of flooring and carpets. Top heavy, wish the switch was lockable, painful holding it down while using. Not ideal for anyone with arthritis.

Purchased in June 2020 at Betta Home Living for $1,300.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood
Meray Hamra

Meray HamraSydney, NSW

Awesome product

Dyson v11 outsize is awesome as it’s bigger and better than my previous v7 the head is bigger and wider which picks up more and the capacity in the dirt canister is huge which means we don’t have to empty it as often. So overall good product but a little heavy on the hand.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys.

Carey

CareyPerth, WA

WOW just WOW

What's lurking in YOUR carpets?! This is from a 14min 54sec vacuum of a small 4x2 house (mine) tonight, with the Dyson V11 Outsize Cordless Stick Vacuum. My house of boys and cats is vacuumed at LEAST once per day with a Dyson V7 Animal Stick, and once every weekend with "Henry", a corded vacuum cleaner that comes with me on cleaning jobs. Absolutely horrified at what my daily vacuuming has NOT been pulling out of the carpets!

Purchased in May 2020 at Betta Home Living for $1,299.00.

Stephen Hinder

Stephen HinderMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Expensive, so far good

Leo M.

Leo M.Hunter Region, NSW

Poor build quality

Richelle

RichelleIllawarra, NSW

Perfect! Best vacuum ever!

I just purchased this vacuum and I LOVE it! I haven’t vacuumed so much in my life- out of sheer joy to see how much it picks up! I could not be more impressed and I strongly disagree with most of the unfavourable comments made in the article! My rugs and carpet piles look and stand like new- and there is not one particle left in my hard floors. Looking forward to testing it on the lounge when our new puppy arrives.

Floor TypeCarpet
Kruckfamily

KruckfamilyMoncrieff 2914, ACT

A modern vacuum for the 21st Century

• +3Thumbnail
Raresense

RaresenseSydney, NSW

Out Classes and Outsizes all it’s competitors - Bonus shoot out with Dyson V8 absolute+!

• +2Thumbnail

Purchased in March 2020.

Elizabethasked

V11 Outsize

I bought my Dyson V11 outsize 6 months ago, have not had an issue with it until a few weeks ago. It will not differentiate carpet to floor boards and is sucking at carpet power mode and obviously draining the battery so much quicker. Any tips on how to fix it?

Braco
Braco

Hi check the little screen on top it should say Auto and the bottom pad and roller should be clean .Hopefully it works

DysonDyson

The Dyson V11 Outsize needs to be in Auto mode, with the Torque Drive Cleaner Head attached for the machine to change automatically between hard floors and carpets.

If the machine is in Boost or Eco modes, you are using another floor tool, the machine won't automatically change.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Dyson Experts, you can find ways of getting in touch here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Elizabeth

Yes I always have the machine in auto mode and the Torque Drive Cleaner is always attached.

Rhea B.

Rhea B.asked

V11 Outsize

My Dyson outsize works, however, the 2nd battery says charged and when I put it in nothing happens.

DysonDyson

So we can get this sorted for you, we would kindly ask you to give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

renee g.

renee g.asked

V11 Outsize

We have just purchased the V11 outsize and find the dust head pulls firmly to the right when vacuuming, we cannot understand why it is doing this even on ECO mode.

DysonDyson

This is certainly not to be expected. We would encourage checking the wheels underneath the floor tool and ensuring all the wheels are clear of debris and spin freely.

If so and this continues, please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy at your convenience. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST. If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V11 Outsize

The Dyson V11 Outsize is Dyson's top of the line cordless stick vacuum, equipped with a motor that spins up to 125,000 rpm. Compared to the Dyson V11 Absolute Extra, it also has a 150% bigger bin and 25% wider cleaner head.

It also comes with 2 cleaner heads and 5 tools, they are:

• Soft Dusting Brush
  • Fluffy Cleaner Head
  • Combination Tool
  • Crevice Tool
  • Mini Motorised Tool
  • Drop-in Dock
  • Stubborn Dirt Brush

For the ultimate package, the Dyson V11 Outsize Pro comes with an additional 3 tools:

• Flexi Crevice Tool
HEPA FilterYesYes
Weight3.56 kg3.56 kg
TypeCordlessCordless
Running Time 60 min60 min
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateMar 2020Mar 2020