Reviewer Photos & Videos
I had read negative reviews about the Outsize’s weight which as a woman of 67, had me concerned. Happily it is not a problem. The floor takes most of the weight and instead of pushing with my arm alone as with old style vacuums I use my body to push and occasionally guide with my other hand. The floor area in the house is large so the bigger bin is great. Emptying it two, even three times is easy (and kinda fun). The wider head reduces cleaning time by a third as does not having to stop and plug in a barrel multiple times. Using tools might ye...t prove to be where weight becomes apparent as the bin canister and battery end is the heavy part of the machine - but I don’t care as I’m loving the rest so much. Suction and ease of use are incredible! It adjusts to moving between hardwood floors and hand made rugs without damaging either though I do avoid rug fringes as always. I’ve gone from hating vacuuming to looking for an excuse to do it. I’d highly recommend this machine.
Purchased in January 2021 at Harvey Norman.
Dyson should've stuck with old design - developed Tennis elbow using the V11
I'm a professional house cleaner, and usually use either a Dyson V6 or V8 (V8 is my favourite). Then my clients purchased the V11 Outsize to use in their house- what a mistake. At first I was impressed by the V11's suction; ability to choose from 3 different modes of suction (Eco - Boost), as well as being quieter than previous models.
HOWEVER, the design means that it's unfortunately way too heavy when trying to vacuum a standard 4 bedroom house. (To be fair, it's not so bad on hard floors, but trying to vacuum my client's plush carpets ...felt like pushing through concrete.) It doesn't feel balanced properly (Most likely due to the excessive weight of the huge drum), and places too much weight in the wrong places - meaning I developed Tennis elbow after only using the machine for less than a month (Weekly use), which I'm still receiving treatment for. Don't think this Machine is worth paying over $1000 when it's poor design causes injuries. I'll stick with my V8.
Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,100.00.
- V11 Outsize
Torque Head died after 7 days and poor customer support!
Firstly, the good points. When it works, it is very impressive and picks up a lot of dirt even after other vacuum cleaner has just been used. Battery life for the whole larger sized house is just enough, as long as you don't also use Turbo mode.
Now the bad points, and there are a few:
1. After using it throughout the whole house, it is definitely a heavy unit to lug around.
2. The heaviness is not helped by the fact that you need to keep holding the button down to operate it, there is no lock on it.
3. More importantly, the Outsize Torque He...
Purchased in September 2020 at Dyson for $1,146.00.
Find out how Dyson V11 Outsize compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Know better, choose better.
This vacuum is outrageously good.
I used my V6 on my floor and carpet then immediately used the V11. After I finished the The v11 got half full!! I am So impressed with how powerful this is. Dyson have clearly taken onboard years of feedback and actioned this in this vacuum! Well done!
Purchased in August 2020 at Dyson.
If you hate dragging out the vacuum cleaner and connecting it to a long extension cord to vacuum the car then the Dyson V11 Outsize certainly makes life much easier.
If you hate dragging around a vacuum cleaner while reaching for those hard to reach cobwebs... then this vacuum cleaner is for you.
If you hate cordless vacuum cleaners that barely suck... then this vacuum cleaner is for you.
Yes the Dyson is convenient... but it has a couple of obvious detractions.
1) The V11 Outsize came with a truck load of fittings... none of which fi...
Purchased in March 2020 at Dyson.
Prior to owning a Dyson V11, I had a Miele vacuum. The day I bought it I asked if it could be used with a power head which was an extra cost. That was about eight years ago and the purchase of a power head became one of those things I was going to get around to, but didn't. But it is a good vac to compare with the Dyson because they are two separate animals that are assigned the same tasks. To clean my timber floors and my carpets. My stairs are also carpeted and have always been a chore to clean.
So what do you get when you buy a Dyson V11? We...
Purchased in April 2020.
Overall I am impressed with this effective cordless vacuum cleaner. It is excellent at cleaning carpets.
The V11 Oversize arrived well packed in bits of shaped cardboard; all of which are easy to compost. No plastics or foams. The vacuum is bigger and heavier than I am used to. I am short. When the vacuum was assembled, it came up to my sternal notch. I lay it across a carver chair for easy access to change parts. The Dyson V11 Oversize did not come with an instruction manual in the box, so one has to look on-line to understand how to use it. T...
Purchased in March 2020.
Dyson V11 Outsize is king for suction but a little big and heavy for a portable stick vac
Like most, I have gone through quite a few vacuum cleaners over the years. Several worthwhile models to mention include:
1. Trusty corded VAX V11 (red) wet and dry vacuum cleaner we still have and use. It has has never missed a beat over the (20) years and power level never needed to be lifted from the lowest setting! It is bagged with large capacity. The only problem is falling over when I am too enthusiastic. It doesn't have any bumper on the "waistline" of the motor bucket and tends to rub against door frames and wall when I drag it around ...not paying attention to it. I added a belt to it so it looks like Santa claus. 2. Corded Miele C2 bagged vacuum cleaner which is small, lightweight, powerful and has good filtration because of the HEPA AirClean filter. 3. Black and Decker Pivot Dustbuster, bagless and cordless with great suction and small. But I don't like the loud high pitch sound it makes. 4. Makita LXT handheld vac (DCL180Z) which is cheap and nasty but good for hard floor, favoured by many tradies because it uses the LXT 18V battery like all other Makita tools you can easily get several or smaller or larger size (capacity) based on your needs. Most Powerful Adaptive Suction Power This Dyson V11 Outsize is my first Dyson vac. As far as suction is concerned, I am completely sold! It is the undisputed king and (run time aside) even trumps over majority of mains powered vacuum cleaners. I guess the clear bin really shows off how well this Dyson works in terms of the cyclone action as well as the large amount of dust and loose items it pulls out and this adds to the satisfaction. We vacuum the floor every week and I couldn't believe how much it captured first time we used it. It easily filled several bins just going over the rugs in our fully floor-boarded home. We do have a fair number of rugs but I frankly did not expect this significant amount of difference. Rugs look visibly cleaner. Given this is the primary purpose of this machine, it is 10/10. There are three power settings - Eco, Med and Boost in which Med automatically adjusts based on resistance (only) if you use the direct drive head. Therefore, it is also called the Auto mode. Keep it in Med mode, it is fantastic!
Purchased in March 2020.
Questions & Answers
I bought my Dyson V11 outsize 6 months ago, have not had an issue with it until a few weeks ago. It will not differentiate carpet to floor boards and is sucking at carpet power mode and obviously draining the battery so much quicker. Any tips on how to fix it?
Hi check the little screen on top it should say Auto and the bottom pad and roller should be clean .Hopefully it works
The Dyson V11 Outsize needs to be in Auto mode, with the Torque Drive Cleaner Head attached for the machine to change automatically between hard floors and carpets.
If the machine is in Boost or Eco modes, you are using another floor tool, the machine won't automatically change.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Dyson Experts, you can find ways of getting in touch here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us
Yes I always have the machine in auto mode and the Torque Drive Cleaner is always attached.
My Dyson outsize works, however, the 2nd battery says charged and when I put it in nothing happens.
So we can get this sorted for you, we would kindly ask you to give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.
If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.
We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.
We have just purchased the V11 outsize and find the dust head pulls firmly to the right when vacuuming, we cannot understand why it is doing this even on ECO mode.
This is certainly not to be expected. We would encourage checking the wheels underneath the floor tool and ensuring all the wheels are clear of debris and spin freely.
If so and this continues, please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy at your convenience. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST. If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.
Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives
The Dyson V11 Outsize is Dyson's top of the line cordless stick vacuum, equipped with a motor that spins up to 125,000 rpm. Compared to the Dyson V11 Absolute Extra, it also has a 150% bigger bin and 25% wider cleaner head.
It also comes with 2 cleaner heads and 5 tools, they are:
- Soft Dusting Brush
- Fluffy Cleaner Head
- Combination Tool
- Crevice Tool
- Mini Motorised Tool
- Drop-in Dock
- Stubborn Dirt Brush
For the ultimate package, the Dyson V11 Outsize Pro comes with an additional 3 tools:
- Flexi Crevice Tool
- Mattress Tool
- Extension Hose
|Category||Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners||Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners|
|Bin Capacity||1.9 L||1.9 L|
|Weight||3.56 kg||3.56 kg|
|Running Time||60 min||60 min|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)||2 year(s)|
|Release date||Mar 2020||Mar 2020|
- GTIN13: 5025155057964
Other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.