11Dyson V15 Detect

Dyson V15 Detect Questions & Answers

Verified馃弳 2024 Award
Judi
Judi聽路聽V15 Detect

I've had 2 dysons(one was a recall) in 20 years, so worth the money. BUT I've done my back in need to know if anyone has this v15 and a double coat dog husky or malamute. How does the vac go on carpet with them. My other vac is going well and reluctant to spend $1500.

Good Things
Good Things聽聽

Hi. We have a fleece coated Groodle that sheds, and I'm loving the V15's efficiency in picking up the dog hair. It does a much better job that the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal and the earlier stick vacuums in their range. It IS heavier than my old stick Dyson, but I can vacuum with ease.

Judi
Judi聽聽

Been reluctant on the sticks after reading feedback. Thank you

Mike
Mike聽路聽V15 Detect

can you stop the brush head from spinning when vacuuming?

Michael
Michael聽聽

Dyson聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Mike, the motor will run and brush bar will spin when you pull the trigger and they'll stop when you let go. The motorised spinning action works conjunction with the airflow to maximise pick up on flooring.

Jennifer
Jennifer聽路聽V15 Detect

Hello. I've always been disappointed in how quickly my stick vac loses power. They're always advertising 60min fade-free power etc but when I looked at the Choice website they tell a different (and more accurate story). Whilst the top recommendations are Dyson, when you look at them they give a true representation of just how long you get. The best is the Dyson V15 Detect total clean and the actual running time is 12 mins - Measured with brush head on and full power. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm reluctant to go through this again.

Joanna Nicholls
Joanna Nicholls聽聽

I'm not sure whether you have the 'max' setting button on - that will make the machine lose power faster and the battery life itself decreases too if it's always on.

Jennifer
Jennifer聽聽

on and off depending on what I'm doing but I need more than 5 mins. I can't even vac my small car in one go. I'm going to call them tomorrow

Alexandra R.
Alexandra R.聽聽

I have an older one that has the max button - the V8 or 10 I think - and it still lasts 20 mins off a full charge and its 5ish years old. 5 mins sounds very short and I'd take it back if you're still under warranty. Otherwise you can get repair shops to replace the battery, my mum has done this a few times

Naomi D.
Naomi D.聽路聽V15 Detect

Thinking about buying it. How do you clean the mop brush? Are there any parts I'll need to buy ongoing?

Dyson聽聽DM聽聽

The brushbar in the motorised head of the Dyson V15 Detect is designed to be removed and cleaned in plain cold water. Both filters on the V15 Detect are also washable under plain cold water and don't need to be replaced on a regular basis. If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via Facebook Messenger, Live Chat or phone and we will only be happy to help. You can find our contact details here: external link

Ollie
Ollie聽路聽V15 Detect Total Clean

Hi, is it normal that all the dust goes up to the filter, beyond the rubber stopper?

Dyson聽聽DM聽聽

This doesn't sound correct as the filter is designed to capture microscopic particles and allergens while physical dust should remain in the clear bin until it has been emptied. We would recommend reaching out to our helpline or live chat team who will be more than happy to assist you further. Our contact details for our helpline and live chat team can be found via our website at: external link .

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Select a listing for your question
Dyson V15 Detect

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Dyson V15 Detect is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023 and 2022. Learn more

Dyson V8
Dyson V7
Big W Contempo 2 in 1 Vacuum
Kmart 2 in 1 Corded Stick Vacuum ST01
Dyson Cyclone V10

漏聽 ProductReview.com.au Pty. Ltd. All Rights Reserved. General disclaimer: All third party trademarks, images and copyrights on this page are used for the purpose of comparative advertising, criticism or review. This is a public forum presenting user opinions on selected products and businesses, and as such the views expressed do not reflect the opinion of ProductReview.com.au. Further details in the disclaimer.