Dyson V7 Animal

Dyson V7 Animal (page 2 of 10)

MPN: 227604-01

Super Handy With Children

I use my stick Dyson on carpet, tiles and Lino flower planks. It works marvellously on all surfaces and I also use it in both landcruisers and my prado with excellent results also.
If you have a spot that’s Harder to clean I just push the switch over to the ‘Max’ setting and away I go with no issues. It’s light, easy to used, it swivels so well there isn’t much I can’t get to now. Emptying is a breeze, just hold it over the bin, lift the handle and bam all the dirt is in the bin.
Easy to charge with the charger mounted on the wall, I use it daily with the kids after they have finished eating. I just whip it out and wiz around and all tidy again. I bought it after having my second Cesar with my son as it was safer to use after surgery. I run around and pick everything off the floor in the entire house (4 bed, 2 bath, large lounge room, dining and kitchen area, laundry) and am able to vacuum the entire house with no battery going flat.
Charging is around 5 hours which isn’t a problem.
I recommend this product as it’s such an easy effective vacuum to use. You won’t be disappointed.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

I may never plug my big vacuum cleaner in again.

This is my third cordless or stick vacuum cleaner and definitely a winner. I have vinyl floor boards and tiles as well as carpet and use it for all surfaces. It is gentle and scratch free on the tiles and vinyl and when I do the carpet I put it on maximum suction. It only weighs 4 kg and is so easy to operate I can’t be bothered getting out my big Dyson and plugging it in.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Perfect. Can’t live without it!

I have been meaning to review this product for ages but never got around to it. I have only good things to say. Yay... so unusual these days!
It is light, easy to use, battery lasts long enough to whip around the dirty areas and when I need a thorough clean I need to recharge half way through my large house. Floors are wooden in kitchen, family room and hall and elsewhere they are carpeted. Easy to empty. Only once had a blockage . I rang Dyson and employee walked me through clearing it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

The perfect handheld vacuum.

The Dyson V7 Animal is a stick vacuum and handheld vacuum in one. It's not cheap. But for the premium price you'll get excellent performance, even on pet hair, and plenty of useful tools. If you want to use it on maximum power, though, you'll only get six minutes of battery life. So charging it often is key.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Absolutely love and will never buy another brand again!

I have an apartment with carpet and tiles. I've lived here for nearly a year and I'm still astonished by the amount of dirt my Dyson pulls out of the carpet. Just looking at it you wouldn't even think it's dirty, but after running the vacuum over the carpet, you quickly realise you were wrong!
I also have a dog, and my Dyson is a life saver for picking up dog hair. I use it on the couch, on the tiles and carpet mats. Have recommended to my friends and family and managed to convince 2 of them to buy one so far and they also love it. I will never buy another brand again!

Can’t live without it

Purchased this almost twelve months ago and it is one of the best thing we have ever bought. We were a bit apprehensive about the battery life of the smaller models, so went with this. Great decision. The 20 minute battery life suits our two story apartment perfectly. We can do both levels and the staircase in the time available.
We recommend buying this product to all our friends and family.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

No one helped me. Even it's still under warranty period.

I have purchased V7 Vacuum about 3 months ago. Suddenly vacuum did not work. when I pressed the trigger button, The red light flashed more than 20 times and did not work.
So contacted Dyson live chat and call service team.
They said battery for my machine was currently out of stock, And will send it as soon as part restock in.

But it has already been 2 weeks . Still not send it to me.
It is pretty annoying. Never contacted& noticed me about processing.
Imagine a house without Vacuum for 2weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a bad customer service.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Kim, Thank you for reviewing your machine. I am sorry to hear about this and can appreciate your frustration. At time of writing, there is an issue with the supply of the battery, however please be assured we are working to get this resolved and have stock due next week. Please be assured once your battery is despatched, you will get an email confirming with the tracking number. Our apologies for the delay. Should you wish to discuss this further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to assist further. Best wishes, ShanHi Dyson, Due to next week? I have not received any emails yet.Hi Kim, I am sorry to hear this. So we can best assist, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch to look into your order and help. Best wishes, Shan

Very nice

Vacuuming is no longer a chore! With it's smooth maneuvering and powerful suction, this vacuum keeps my wooden floor clear of dust and pet hair like a breeze. Also good on tiles/carpets and the snap on attachments are super handy for those hard to reach places. No cords mean this thing can go anywhere.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Life Saver!

We absolutely love our Dyson V7 Animal. It picks up all of our Doberman’s hair and dust around the house with ease. Only complaint is the battery life is SUPER short and takes a while to recharge itself again. The changeable parts and accessories are fantastic also. 10/10 recommend as a backup vacuum

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Better than our big vacuum!

My husband bought me this vacuum after we used one at a beach house we hired in the last summer holidays. This is the best vacuum I have ever used. We have a large, older model Dyson, but this stick model is much better. With newer technology it has better suction, plus there's no cord so you can go as far as you want. The charge lasts long enough to do a small house. It has different feet to attach for carpet or hard floors. There are two levels of suction, normal or max. It is very light and convenient. The only downside is you have to hold the 'trigger' the whole time for it to keep vacuuming.

Dyson animal

Excellent, works well on all different floor types ( carpet and tiles), easy to manoeuvre around furniture and under the table. It has great suction. Light weight and convenient especially with young children in the house. Always being used and lives in the kitchen for easy reach. Would recommend to anyone looking for compact unit. We also have upright Dyson for whole house vacuum - purchased on line with gift card

Good stick vacuum cleaner

Bought this recently because "everyone " thinks it is fantastic. It was almost the same price as my barrel vacuum cleaner so I expected great things. Guys, it's a stick vacuum that cleans up the day to day grotty stuff on the floor. The battery runs for about 20 minutes on max then needs a several hours to recharge. If you're not careful emptying the canister it goes everywhere and it's tricky to empty as well. My old $100 one did the same job. I was expecting it to make coffee and pack the kids lunches for this price! It's good but overpriced.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

So convenient great suction

So convenient as we have a really big house and lots of floor space so having a cordless vacuum is great. Easy to use, lightweight, easy to empty.
Excellent suction and cleans just as well as our corded $700 hoover.
Tucks away neatly in our laundry cupboard and charges on the docking station.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Throw out the dustpan and brush

This vac lives mounted in our kitchen. With a busy family it is constantly being used to vac up toast crumbs, spilt cocoa pops, pencil sharpenings, you name it! Very handy and easy to pop open and empty. This vac has replaced our dustpan and brush but is not the main vacuum cleaner for our big family. It does run out of battery and have to be recharged and this would take forever with a large house. It is also quite noisy on 'Max' setting which is what it usually stays set on. The later models have a longer run time apparently but this is an older more basic model which was a great bargain and does all we needed it to do.

The best vacuum ever!

It is so much easier to clean the house. I only use 20 mins each day. It is great to use for section by section.
I highly recommend to purchase this beautiful vacuum to everyone.
I have 2 pets in a house. This vacuum maked different... sunny

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Very good vacuum but runs out of battery quickly

This made our vacuuming a whole lot easier with it being quite convenient with cord-free and minimal fuss. We use it on wooden floors in the common areas and industrial carpet in the bedrooms. The only annoying thing is that the battery lasts approx 20 mins, but other than that, we're really happy with this purchase!

CRAP!!!!!!!

Worst vacuum cleaner I have ever used / purchased. Such a waste of money, I rang Dyson after we started having problems and they wanted to charge over $300 to look at a product that was a few months old. The vacuum constantly turns off and will stop working mid way through after being charged to the max.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Taran, I am sorry and slightly surprised to hear about this. Inspection of a Dyson machine is always free with the only charges being for anything not covered by the Dyson Guarantee, or for when a machine is outside of this period. Of course, all machines are assessed on a case by case basis. We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be more than happy to assist. Best wishes, Shan

Vacuuming is no longer my most HATED housework..

I hated Vacuuming. This has made it bearable. Versatile. Gets into corners and under furniture easily. Ideal for doing those busy places that get dirty so quickly. Leaving it wall mounted in the family room means no set up, and the small bin is trivial to clean when full. On the POWER mode it picks up the ingrained fine dirt from carpet better than my Miele barrel vacuum.
Pros:
POWERFUL suction. YES REALLY Powerful on High mode
Regular mode gives a decent clean too.
GREAT at picking up fine pet fur (the stuff that sticks to everything)
Lightweight and doesn't hurt my back or make me sweat.
Gets into Corners and under furniture Well
Fabulous on Carpet as well as hard floors.
Detachable hand held vacuum does a great job on Fabric chairs/car seats
Crevice and brush tools.
Clear plastic bin, easy to see when full
Trivial to empty and no messy bags. Hands don't touch the dirt.

Cons:
High Power mode only lasts six minutes (however it is quicker at vacuuming) before recharging required.

Purchased from the Good Guys September 2018

Fantastic little vacuum

I love this vacuum, it's so handy for a quick run around the house.
We mainly have wooden floors with some rugs and find it great on both.
I use it on the max setting as i find the normal mode not really powerful enough. I get about 15 minutes of use on max which is fine for me as i do half the house in the morning and the other half in the afternoon. (You get 30 minutes on normal mode)
I think if you can afford it buy the V10 but if this is your budget then it's still a great little vacuum.
My tip would be to empty the barrel after every use as easier to empty then and runs better.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

O.M.G. I never knew my carpet was so dirty..

The good points: suction - fantastic. Pet hair removal-fantastic. Maneuverability-fantastic to have no cord and no great burden dragging round behind me and banging into the furniture. Satisfaction- great!- watching all that crap accumulating in the clear canister makes me feel very virtuous! Versatility-love being able to turn it into a dust buster by removing the stick & attaching the head directly to the engine & getting stuck right into those awkward spots like stairs & in the car. Battery- i thought it might be a problem not lasting the distance for vacuuming my 2 bedroom house but haven't had a problem with it set on medium. Bad points:- I get a sore wrist from the weight of it and have to keep changing hands or holding it with both hands at once. Also the stick is a bit short for me ( I'm 5 foot six) and I get a sore back from hunching over the short stick as I'm vacuuming. So sometimes to get relief from the aching back, I remove the stick & use the machine like a dust buster & just crawl around on my knees. At least I get a good view of the dirt! Also I've used the machine for 2 weeks now, vacuuming maybe every 3rd day( just spot cleaning), & I still find I have to empty the canister every 5 minutes or so which means several trips outside everytime I vacuum. Lastly..being handheld and quite heavy for one hand, I'm a bit paranoid I'm going to drop it when I go outside to empty it, and that being plastic it will break. No way of getting round that I suppose unless it was made of metal which would make it super duper expensive instead of just expensive. Will I buy another one?!-absolutely yes unless I drop it and break it within 12 months which will really make me cry!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

I have my Dyson mounted in my garage. For the last few days the blue light has been off and the solid yellow light is displayed, and it has not charge. Could this be due to the temperature in the garage?
Hi Sharon, Thank you for your query. Dyson machines are designed to be charged in temperatures between 3°C and 30°C. If outside this range, the machine may not function or charge as expected. In your particular circumstance, it sounds like the battery is either too hot or too cold and, as a safety precaution, it won't charge until it is within the recommended temperatures. I hope this helps, however if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help. Best wishes, Shan

Once fully charged, can it stay plugged in?
Yes. However need to unplug it to turn the machine on.Hi Kenny, Thank you for your query. Your Dyson V7 Animal has smart electronics within the machine, battery and charger to ensure the machine won't overcharge. We recommend you leave the machine on charge when not in use, this will ensure it is always ready for your next cleaning session. The electronics in the machine will ensure the battery charges to 100%, but not over. Because of these electronics, it is also perfectly okay to do quick "top-up" charges without the need to exhaust the battery each time before charging. I hope this helps, however if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help. Best wishes, Shan

Our dyson V7 animal is cutting in and out. Could this be a faulty trigger or something else?
Hi Geoff, Thank you for your question. Sorry to hear your machine is cutting in and out. If your machine is making a surging or pulsing sound this sound indicates a restriction in airflow through the machine. We would encourage checking the machine's airways as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpxRl17N03E Should you find the issue persists, please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-7pm and on the weekend 8.30am-4pm. Alternatively you can email your details through to auaskdyson@dyson.com and one of our experts will be in touch as soon as possible to assist. Best wishes, Samuel Facebook.com/Dyson

V7 Animal