Dyson V7 Animal

Dyson V7 Animal (page 2 of 10)

MPN: 227604-01

Improving

Had a DC45, does the job, use mainly for the car so the compact size is handy.
Decide to buy this for small job around the house when kids make a mess of things.
Works really well. We have the Dyson cord ball vacuum for a few years and the wife loves that one. She does thrash the ball vacuum and I’m surprise it is still working.
This V7 is great. It’s permanently left in Max mode. It’ll do the 3 bedroom house as we have timber floor boards and it’s quick. The bigger canister than the DC 45 is useful. Battery will get hot and it won’t charge until it cool down, not an issue for me.
Hoping Dyson will design an autonomous vacuum.

V7 Faulty

We had an older barrel Dyson that was great but needed new filters which Dyson said were no longer available so after talking with Dyson they talked me into a new machine. I purchased direct from Dyson and received the V7 in the 1st week of October 2018. The Machine stopped working just before new year. Contacted Dyson on 2nd January and was told battery was faulty but they were out of stock but I would be notified when available and it would be replaced. Batteries were due "any day now and we will keep you informed." Called back on 8th January and got the same speil. "[name removed]" sent me a text and was going to call back the next day. Never happened. I replied help to her text and again, no action from Dyson. Rang again today 16th January and yes, the same old spiel as from the other 2 customer service reps. I asked why, if there was difficulty getting batteries, did they not stock an item they supply and said was difficult to import. I then asked why they couldn't replace the battery with 1 from a machine they had in stock or just replace the entire machine and was told "That's not our policy".
Definitely not a happy customer.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Jacquie, I am sorry to hear about this and can appreciate your frustration. While there was a delay with the arrival of the batteries, they were received and back orders were fulfilled. Our apologies for the delay. Should you wish to discuss this further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to assist further. Best wishes, Shan

Can't live without it

This truly makes life easier with Persian cat Milly. She sheds all over my house and this picks up her fur like a dream. It also has a good battery life not like some other hand held I have had and its not heavy. It is also easy to empty. Great purchase!

Great

The Dyson stick is a great product. We have a golden retriever and therefore need to vacuum on a daily basis, the Dyson sticks makes vacuuming easy and enjoyable, I know enjoyable.
Our Dyson stick is a cordless so the charge will last for approx 30 mins. We have floor board (no carpet) so it is fine for us but I’m not sure how it would go on carpet.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great appliance

I have been forever carting around my old Miele barrel vacuum over two storeys, and while I love our hairball of a dog, I can't stand dog hair in the house and vacuuming is a long, arduous routine to eliminate it. The hard floors are easy enough (between cord tangles, etc.) but the rugs take a really long time. We had decided to get our folks a Dyson stick for Christmas, which is what got me into looking into them - consulting the Choice and Product Review sites. Impressed with the reported performance, I got the Animal with its extra attachment for the rugs. (I would have loved the Choice "Recommended" Absolute - most powerful - but it's quite expensive, and it turns out the V7 is more than adequate for a modest sized house).

There are so many refreshingly wonderful features of the Dyson over my old vacuum, it has shaved hours off my housework time, and made the task a WHOLE lot more pleasant. While it is “early days” yet (in my first month of use), if it continues to work as expected, I will remain one very happy customer.

1. It is powerful - excellent suction
* It cleans really well on the High Suction (lower) setting on hard floors, picking up everything the wide head covers - my barrel vac lost suction at the head’s edges, this one with its spinning rollers collects almost everything it passes over. I say "almost" because I did note the rollers won't take larger/heavier items like small pebbles, they're spun back out (had to pick them up).
* The Max setting strips the rugs clean of debris in a fraction of the time it used to take, I am gobsmacked, this has literally saved me hours, the floorboards and tiles are clean and the rugs look great. The hard floor head seems to clean my rugs just as well as the smaller rug head.
* Using an attachment for the furnishings (in handheld mode) makes for a quick clean. Effective and convenient for spot cleaning on dry surfaces - crumbs/dog hair/fluff etc. gone in 1-2 passes.
* In the car, only the Max suction stood a chance against the dense automotive carpet that hadn't been vacuumed in months. It didn’t last the charge and I turned to my barrel vacuum with its flexible hose to get to the places the bulky (in the confines of the car) handheld couldn’t enter - I'll need to buy the $29 extender attachment if I want to be able to vacuum the whole car interior. I have been eyeing the $89 3-tool car kit, which contains the extender, plus a very useful looking bendy tool that can reach under/around normally inaccessible places, and a small flat brush head. While I would love this kit, I would not be surprise if the more powerful models (i.e. V10) simply did a better job on those tough automotive carpets.

2. It's light and least effort to use:
* A small person can carry it around easily, lift it with one arm, manoeuvre a LOT more easily than with a corded barrel. The spinning head turns into corners in ways my standard barrel vac head cannot, and with no cords or hoses in the way, I get around a lot quicker and with far less effort.
* 2 settings only - High Suction and Max Suction. High Suction does a great job on hard floors, is not very loud and provides the longest use time before recharge. I find I only need Max Suction (which is much louder) if something is wedged under a table leg or I'm vacuuming pet hair from the rugs.
* The manual doesn't make much sense to a first timer - names of the parts/tools would have been helpful!

3. Operation is smooth and smart
* Easily attaches/detaches to/from dock and tools, the pull button to empty the bin - big red button, 1 distinct click and it's in/out/open/closed - my elderly folks should have no trouble operating.
* I've never liked emptying bagless vacs but this isn't too bad - I can get the bin chamber into a bag before expelling the contents and close it on its way up out of the bag without a sneezing fit from a face full of dust particles. I like the way the “trapdoor” emptying mechanism works, just 3 steps.
* What won’t be any fun is regular cleaning of trapped hair etc. in the bin and rollers, and routine washing of the filter (with a whopping 24 hour drying time, according to the manual - note that water is the enemy of this appliance). It’s a bit more maintenance than the barrel vac but more environmentally friendly and cost efficient.
* More hygienic, too - I can’t see let alone clean most parts of my barrel vac and brush head. Unlike the bag in my barrel vac, the bin chamber is small and requires frequent emptying, and is made of clear plastic so you can see much of what has been sucked in. Rifling through its wispy contents for, say, an earring, is not anywhere near as revoting as cutting open a much larger vacuum bag and searching through the dense gunk of the last dozen vacuums.
* You have to hold the trigger for it to run while vacuuming but it doesn’t bother me - it's a hair trigger, a little pressure and it’s on, no effort required. Then again, I’m not so tall I’m hunched over a short stick - it’s a comfortable push off for someone 5ft tall. (It’s certainly the right height to cop a warm puff of air to the face from the spinning motor when I bring it in too close!).
* I do wish the dock accommodated all the attachments, ready to click off/on as needed, but I appreciate its compact design would be ruined fitting on 2 more large tools.

4. Charge (in use) time isn't terrible
* You only get about 10-15mins on the Max setting. I can get all the rugs downstairs cleaned in one charge.
* On hard floors the High Suction setting does a great job and I get probably 20+ mins, which turns out to be more than enough most times time for large areas, or multiple rooms, of up to around 17sq. No wasting the charge when (e.g.) stopping to move something, tidy, take a call, change rooms, etc. since the motor stops the moment you release the trigger and stop vacuuming.

5. Recharge time
* I think it's about 20mins - half an hour(? didn't time it) for a full recharge, much less for a short recharge.
I tend to vacuum an area, stop to finish tidying, by the time I'm ready to recommence vacuuming it has recharged.
* I have noticed that if you work it on Max suction until it stops and needs a recharge, the orange fault light appears when it’s returned to the dock. This is not a cause for panic, it just means it’s a bit hot and needs to cool down first. The light returns to blue when it sufficiently cools and starts to recharge.

If you tend to clean one area at a time (as opposed to vacuuming the whole home in one go), a handstick like this will suit perfectly.

It’s a beautiful machine, and a bit expensive - if this model didn’t drop $200 in price I may not have taken the plunge. I’m glad it/I did, it has made my life so much easier, I can enjoy the household commotions rather than stress over the dog, traffic etc. in & out, it’s much easier to keep areas clean all the time. I hope it also has the longevity of a good vacuum, especially given it is treated a LOT more carefully - my Miele barrel vac may be awkward & clumsy in comparison, cracked and probably quite dirty, but it still working strongly after several years of heavy use and a couple of falls down the stairs! If my new Dyson proves anywhere near as robust, and I don't have to spend too much more on accessories, I may update my rating to 5 stars.

Super Handy With Children

I use my stick Dyson on carpet, tiles and Lino flower planks. It works marvellously on all surfaces and I also use it in both landcruisers and my prado with excellent results also.
If you have a spot that’s Harder to clean I just push the switch over to the ‘Max’ setting and away I go with no issues. It’s light, easy to used, it swivels so well there isn’t much I can’t get to now. Emptying is a breeze, just hold it over the bin, lift the handle and bam all the dirt is in the bin.
Easy to charge with the charger mounted on the wall, I use it daily with the kids after they have finished eating. I just whip it out and wiz around and all tidy again. I bought it after having my second Cesar with my son as it was safer to use after surgery. I run around and pick everything off the floor in the entire house (4 bed, 2 bath, large lounge room, dining and kitchen area, laundry) and am able to vacuum the entire house with no battery going flat.
Charging is around 5 hours which isn’t a problem.
I recommend this product as it’s such an easy effective vacuum to use. You won’t be disappointed.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

I may never plug my big vacuum cleaner in again.

This is my third cordless or stick vacuum cleaner and definitely a winner. I have vinyl floor boards and tiles as well as carpet and use it for all surfaces. It is gentle and scratch free on the tiles and vinyl and when I do the carpet I put it on maximum suction. It only weighs 4 kg and is so easy to operate I can’t be bothered getting out my big Dyson and plugging it in.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Perfect. Can’t live without it!

I have been meaning to review this product for ages but never got around to it. I have only good things to say. Yay... so unusual these days!
It is light, easy to use, battery lasts long enough to whip around the dirty areas and when I need a thorough clean I need to recharge half way through my large house. Floors are wooden in kitchen, family room and hall and elsewhere they are carpeted. Easy to empty. Only once had a blockage . I rang Dyson and employee walked me through clearing it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

The perfect handheld vacuum.

The Dyson V7 Animal is a stick vacuum and handheld vacuum in one. It's not cheap. But for the premium price you'll get excellent performance, even on pet hair, and plenty of useful tools. If you want to use it on maximum power, though, you'll only get six minutes of battery life. So charging it often is key.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Absolutely love and will never buy another brand again!

I have an apartment with carpet and tiles. I've lived here for nearly a year and I'm still astonished by the amount of dirt my Dyson pulls out of the carpet. Just looking at it you wouldn't even think it's dirty, but after running the vacuum over the carpet, you quickly realise you were wrong!
I also have a dog, and my Dyson is a life saver for picking up dog hair. I use it on the couch, on the tiles and carpet mats. Have recommended to my friends and family and managed to convince 2 of them to buy one so far and they also love it. I will never buy another brand again!

Can’t live without it

Purchased this almost twelve months ago and it is one of the best thing we have ever bought. We were a bit apprehensive about the battery life of the smaller models, so went with this. Great decision. The 20 minute battery life suits our two story apartment perfectly. We can do both levels and the staircase in the time available.
We recommend buying this product to all our friends and family.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

No one helped me. Even it's still under warranty period.

I have purchased V7 Vacuum about 3 months ago. Suddenly vacuum did not work. when I pressed the trigger button, The red light flashed more than 20 times and did not work.
So contacted Dyson live chat and call service team.
They said battery for my machine was currently out of stock, And will send it as soon as part restock in.

But it has already been 2 weeks . Still not send it to me.
It is pretty annoying. Never contacted& noticed me about processing.
Imagine a house without Vacuum for 2weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a bad customer service.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Kim, Thank you for reviewing your machine. I am sorry to hear about this and can appreciate your frustration. At time of writing, there is an issue with the supply of the battery, however please be assured we are working to get this resolved and have stock due next week. Please be assured once your battery is despatched, you will get an email confirming with the tracking number. Our apologies for the delay. Should you wish to discuss this further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to assist further. Best wishes, ShanHi Dyson, Due to next week? I have not received any emails yet.Hi Kim, I am sorry to hear this. So we can best assist, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch to look into your order and help. Best wishes, Shan

Very nice

Vacuuming is no longer a chore! With it's smooth maneuvering and powerful suction, this vacuum keeps my wooden floor clear of dust and pet hair like a breeze. Also good on tiles/carpets and the snap on attachments are super handy for those hard to reach places. No cords mean this thing can go anywhere.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Life Saver!

We absolutely love our Dyson V7 Animal. It picks up all of our Doberman’s hair and dust around the house with ease. Only complaint is the battery life is SUPER short and takes a while to recharge itself again. The changeable parts and accessories are fantastic also. 10/10 recommend as a backup vacuum

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Better than our big vacuum!

My husband bought me this vacuum after we used one at a beach house we hired in the last summer holidays. This is the best vacuum I have ever used. We have a large, older model Dyson, but this stick model is much better. With newer technology it has better suction, plus there's no cord so you can go as far as you want. The charge lasts long enough to do a small house. It has different feet to attach for carpet or hard floors. There are two levels of suction, normal or max. It is very light and convenient. The only downside is you have to hold the 'trigger' the whole time for it to keep vacuuming.

Dyson animal

Excellent, works well on all different floor types ( carpet and tiles), easy to manoeuvre around furniture and under the table. It has great suction. Light weight and convenient especially with young children in the house. Always being used and lives in the kitchen for easy reach. Would recommend to anyone looking for compact unit. We also have upright Dyson for whole house vacuum - purchased on line with gift card

Good stick vacuum cleaner

Bought this recently because "everyone " thinks it is fantastic. It was almost the same price as my barrel vacuum cleaner so I expected great things. Guys, it's a stick vacuum that cleans up the day to day grotty stuff on the floor. The battery runs for about 20 minutes on max then needs a several hours to recharge. If you're not careful emptying the canister it goes everywhere and it's tricky to empty as well. My old $100 one did the same job. I was expecting it to make coffee and pack the kids lunches for this price! It's good but overpriced.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

So convenient great suction

So convenient as we have a really big house and lots of floor space so having a cordless vacuum is great. Easy to use, lightweight, easy to empty.
Excellent suction and cleans just as well as our corded $700 hoover.
Tucks away neatly in our laundry cupboard and charges on the docking station.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Throw out the dustpan and brush

This vac lives mounted in our kitchen. With a busy family it is constantly being used to vac up toast crumbs, spilt cocoa pops, pencil sharpenings, you name it! Very handy and easy to pop open and empty. This vac has replaced our dustpan and brush but is not the main vacuum cleaner for our big family. It does run out of battery and have to be recharged and this would take forever with a large house. It is also quite noisy on 'Max' setting which is what it usually stays set on. The later models have a longer run time apparently but this is an older more basic model which was a great bargain and does all we needed it to do.

The best vacuum ever!

It is so much easier to clean the house. I only use 20 mins each day. It is great to use for section by section.
I highly recommend to purchase this beautiful vacuum to everyone.
I have 2 pets in a house. This vacuum maked different... sunny