Part of Dyson V7 3.9

78% · 23940 · 13%

samantha
samanthaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

Love it

Great at cleaning our hardwood floors and picking up after our kids and lab who sheds lots of hair everywhere. The only downside is the battery doesn't last very long
Chloe L.
Chloe L.South East Queensland, QLD7 posts

Love my Dyson V7 animal

Works great and love that there is no cord in the way - the only 3 places it doesn’t perform is battery longevity (about 10 minutes) and if you want to vacuum your car, for some reason it does not work well in my car and it can be tricky to clean. But other than that to do carpets, rugs and hard flat surfaces it’s amazing!
Kadia B.
Kadia B.Perth, WA6 posts

Great vacuum

So easy to use. I even use it on my couch. Never had any problems with it and just love how it hangs up. Would like to see adapters attached to the hang up device
1herbert.evans1
1herbert.evans1

Clogs all the time

Plastic overrated junk, clogs all the time. Used on tiles.
Requires constant cleaning and charging and the suction is really bad. I think Dyson must of paid people to make five star reviews.
HeidiM
HeidiMSydney, NSW7 posts

Best Vacuum!

If you hate vacuuming like me and want an affordable vacuum this Dyson is great.
I use it on carpet and tiles.
I have a 5 bedroom house and it lasts the entire house.
Easy to empty and use.
Vacuuming takes less time as its handheld and no annoying cords.
Love It!!!!! Show reply
Theo
TheoSydney, NSW4 posts

Good!!!

Enjoing this product very much great awesome reliable vacuum. It has plenty of power and suction, keeps my home clean and dirt free. dyson is a product and brand you can trust.
Mary
Mary

So disappointed

I purchased my V7 a little over 2 years ago and now when I plug it in the charger the blue light turns on for 1 min and then turns off. After leaving it in the charger for more than 3.5h cycle I come to use it and it only runs for 20 seconds
Skylar
SkylarSydney, NSW3 posts

Excellent product, thank you Dyson

Received this as a gift from my wonderful daughter in 2016 and still works perfectly on our timber Floor boards and carpeted rooms.

Collects every little dust and pet hair/ particles and very easy to empty.

The charger has been fixed onto the wall in laundry and stores neatly.

Have called customer service line a few times for assistance and they have been helpful and friendly. Very commendable.

Very happy with this product and the professional customer service.

SJE
SJE6 posts

Really disappointing

Purchased a stick Dyson as we love our barrel Dyson and wanted something for quick clean ups. Worked well for a while and then all of a sudden after using for only a minute or two it would cut out. Checked for blockages or anything obstructing suction, cleaned it out as per the manual but nothing solved the problem. Funnily enough it is now out of warranty. Pretty disappointing considering the money you fork out for a Dyson.
KerryLee1962
KerryLee1962Metropolitan Adelaide, SA6 posts

Really great product

I am happy I received a dyson as a present. It has changed the way I clean the house and couldn't recommend it more. Happy to continue buying their products.
concord
concordSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts
SergiiS
SergiiSSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts

The best purchase

Dyson V7 Animal so easy to use. Has enough battery for 3 bedrooms. It is powerful as normal vacuum cleaner, the rotated power head creates additional vacuum and lifts all the dust and dirt.
Also good enough for vacuuming car.
Craig S.
Craig S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts

Nice Unit Very flexible

Nice and light and easy to use all over the house. Get's into nooks and crannies with ease. It would be nice if the battery lasted a little longer but good for a quick clean up.
Chase
ChaseGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Perfect

Have this vacuum for over 4 years and is still working great. Battery is not as good but still does the job. I have both timber floor and carpet. Love that there is a turbo button for carpet for more powerful suction
Zearah McCracken
Zearah McCrackenSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts
  V7 Animal

Easy to use and picks up everything!

Dyson V7 is incredibly lightweight, quiet and effective on cleaning floors. With a child and 3 pets, it picks up any mess or pet hair on the floor and in hard to reach places. Comes with a great amount of accessories, too and has great battery life.
Jack D.
Jack D.South East Queensland, QLD11 posts
  V7 Animal

Love it but battery life is to short

I enjoy using the Dyson V7 and the cleaning power is great. The only real problem I have with the product is the battery life. I live in a 2 bed unit and it doesn’t have enough juice to clean the whole apartment. To charge it takes time and you can’t just charge for 2 mins then vac again you have to wait longer.

K Hutch
K HutchMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts
  Verified V7 Animal

Loving Vacuuming Again !!

This light and powerful handheld unit is just brilliant, Dyson is the only way to go. Works amazing on all surfaces tiles and carpet. Has great rotation for difficult places
belp78
belp78Sydney, NSW9 posts

Great product

I got this to make it easier for little spills and for my staircase.
Easy to use and great suction. I’ve had an upright dyson for over 11 years never had any issues. Was a no brained to buy the handheld for the stairs.
Jeannette
JeannettePerth, WA2 posts
  Verified V7 Animal

It is perfect that i can easy to do housework

Bought this becos i wanna vaccuum my bed too!
got another attachment from jbhifi
It said can also suct the dusts and thing from the bed and i use.
saw so many dead skin, dirt from my bed. so satify
Jess
JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA15 posts

Impressive??

I use this on carpet and hard flooring, and found it more powerful then my corded vacuum. Worse battery life, on par with the kmart cordless vac battery life. Considering the cost not good enough
Pros
Easy and light weigh
Powerful
Easy and mess free to empty
Cons
Takes a while to charge.
Doesnt hold charge long enough
KylieC
KylieCSouth-Eastern Region, NSW4 posts

Can’t live without it

Works great around the house, not suitable for cars, though.
Great for homes with/without pets. Had ours for many years, no problem. If you have any trouble, google how to fix it. There’s a heap of YouTube videos that show you what part needs cleaning (depending on the problem).
Kellie Wenzel
Kellie WenzelSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Perfect

I use this on a tiled floor and also carpet and I have found the Dyson v7 excellent to use. It is so handy and I don’t have to bother about Cords being purged in or extension cords. Overall it performs well.
DFE
DFESydney, NSW5 posts

V7 Animal performs poorly for an expensive product

I purchased the Dyson V7 Animal in December 2018 when it was on special offer at $499. In the intervening year, I must say that the performance of this cordless vacuum has been poor. It is used in a routine domestic environment only on hard and carpeted flooring.. It often blocks, has poor suction on the standard setting and very short runtime on the higher setting. If the option was available to return the product and receive a refund, I would take it. We have found this product to be generally ineffective in our setting.
Leanne Allan
Leanne AllanSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Great vaccum

Love this new stick vacuum. Don't know how I cleaned without it. Great suction and love the motor head. Having two dogs they leave a lot of hair around. This vaccum picks it up really well and is great to use on stairs.
Dana Uy
Dana UyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts

Decent

The suction isn't enough for general usage unless turbo is on. I still like using it when I need to vacuum a mess quickly but this does the job and I have no regrets purchasing it.

I won't recommend purchasing this full price as I don't thin it's worth the price.

Mel and Andrew
Mel and AndrewNorth Queensland, QLD5 posts
  V7 Animal

Good for the initial few months only

When we bought this dyson we were really pleased with it. It obviously does not have the suction on a corded big dyson, but it serves well for the quick clean-up.
HOWEVER, it is now a few months into our life with this dyson and the motor has completely gone bust. After 2 mins of vacumming it starts switching on and off like a spluttering engine. We're so disappointed as it wasn't a cheap buy - $500!

Chris
ChrisVictoria2 posts

Overpriced and Underperforms

We purchased the V7 animal just 6 months ago.
The battery lasts about 5 mins on high power setting and 20 mins on low power after a full charge....only problem is it doesnt pick up much on the low power setting so pretty much limited to doing one room at time.
Intermittently the unit will not switch between low power or high power and stays stuck on low.
It will also then swap between levels going high/low rapidly even on a full charge with an empty canister
Rodney
RodneySouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Excellent cleaner

Vacuumed with my old Electrolux, which I thought was great.
Vacuumed again with the V7, and it picked up a whole container full of extra dust.
Easy to use, very strong suction.
Claire
ClaireNortheast, VIC5 posts
  Verified V7 Animal

Very handy, use it daily

Excellent electric broomstick for light cleaning, tidying out car, pet fur attachment terrific! Not enough suction for thorough house clean, but extremely convenient and easy to use for quick tidy. Great on furniture. Would not live without one now!
Mel F
Mel FSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts
  Verified V7 Animal

Great quality, quick recharge, versatile

Love Dyson stick vacuums. This is my second- the previous one lasted 5 years. Quick recharge, picks up everything. Also love the car kit that means my car stays spotless. Bigger bin on this model is great, along with variety of attachments.
Steph
StephGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts
  V7 Animal

Easy to use but doesn’t clean well

I really like the idea of these vacuums however it only lasted 1 year before breaking completely and it never picked up dirt very well. At the end, the part that spins, you are forever pulling it apart and cutting hair that’s twisted in it because it stops it from spinning and therefore picking up even less dirt. I won’t be purchasing one of these again.
Lisa
LisaSydney, NSW10 posts

DYSON V 7 Animal

Works well on hard floors, to get deep down dirt in the carpet you would need to use max power which has a very short run time of 10 min max. I would recommend if you have a plush or twist type carpet to get a stronger machine like the V10 or V11 as this machine just won't cut it. Is only good for quick surface cleanups in between regular vacuuming.
Ian
IanSydney, NSW3 posts
  V7 Animal

Don't waste your hard earned money

Don't waste your hard earned money - poor suction -Blows exhaust into your face - goes flat very quickly and can not change battery - it has taken 7 versions to get this far no wonder Dyson has come up with more - never buy a Dyson- it is only for the rich who never use it anyway - Ian ---- yes a Man that knows atmospheric pressure is what actually pushes the dust up the dys and that the only thing that really sucks is the Dyson itself
Stuart
StuartSouthwest, VIC21 posts

My wife loves it!

We use this hand held vacuum every day. It picks up our cat hair without a problem. Even though we do not normally use it on the boost setting we found when we did the rechargeable battery only lasted about 8 minutes. Normal power lasts approximately 20 minutes and is enough for us vacuum all the carpets in our dwelling. This vacuum lives up to its advertising.
BB50
BB50Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts

Disappointing

At first we were pleased with the Dyson V7 as we have a dog that sheds a lot of hair. However we found that if the button was on 'MAX', the battery was charged for no more that 12 to 15 minutes, necessitating a lengthy period of no vacuuming while the battery was recharged.
Ttttt
TttttPerth, WA4 posts
  V7 Animal

Amazing product. Better suction than most barrels, except Dyson of course!

I purchased this product on special after my old handstick from another brand died. This handstick is light, glides nicely in both hard and carpet floors and with the mini motor head attachment, makes cleaning car/lounge chairs a breeze and picks up dog hair wonderfully. The suction is perfect and battery life is sufficient, however on Max suction the battery is consumed rather fast. Would be nice to see an improvement on this in new models. Overall a fantastic product that offers a good experience, which you would expect given Dyson are on the higher end of the price range.

kyleb
kylebSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts
Chrissy D.
Chrissy D.5 posts

Poor performance

Hardwood floors & Carpet. Vacuum was perfect for approximately 4 weeks, after that it became a nightmare. It keep stopping and after looking online for help I was talked through how to clean it, unfortunately this happened regularly but the vacuum wasn't really blocked. I took it back to Argos and they replaced it. The new one was fine for a while, then it just kept stopping, after contacting Dyson they said it needed a new battery but was just out of warranty so it would be £65, too expensive, so got one from eBay for £16. Only use it now to hoover the car, this product is not value for money, I will never buy another Dyson.
Toni
ToniSouth East Queensland, QLD9 posts

Great product

Wonderful product easy to use only live in a small unit this gets into hard to reach places. Have cleaned my whole unit and car and still had power to spare.
Exellent suction picks up the smallest partical of dust so easy to empty.
susan
susanSydney Surrounds, NSW6 posts

Not a good dyson

I love Dyson but not the V7, it is not as good as my V6 and really regret upgrading. Do yourself a favour and get a V8 or a V11. I have to use it on Turbo for it to be strong enough and then only get 8mins run time