Part of Dyson V7 3.9

78% · 23940 · 13%

MrsPrigg
MrsPriggHunter Region, NSW5 posts

Perfectly Powerful & Easy To Use

This vacuum is perfect for us. It’s powerful & has the option for added power with a max button, multi heads make it great for cleaning out draws & hard to reach corners & the long stick makes it easy & quick to use around the house. Barrel holds a surprisingly large amount meaning we don’t need to empty it every use. We use this on tiles, carpet & floorboards.
It sucks from the carpet well and glides over floorboards without scratching. Great on the bathroom tiles as well & can be used easily under beds. Would definitely buy another one! The only thing I’m not a fan of is the charging dock needs to be mounted to the wall for ease of connection/disconnection and in a rental this is avoided. Show 2 replies
Luke G.
Luke G.2 posts
  V7 Animal

Great Suction for small house!

Recently bought two of the Dyson V7 Animals one for mum and one for my house. Mum n o longer uses her traditional vacuum. The battery on it is enough for mum to do her entire house (15 sq). Even though it doesn't feel like there is a lot of suction, you can see in the jug the amount of Junk its sucking up and we a re both really happy! If you had a bigger house I would suggest maybe getting one with longer battery as the recharge time can be a bit long and you also cant use the machine whilst charging.

Emptying it and maintenance is easy!

Random
RandomAU10 posts
Wendy9999
Wendy9999Northern Region, NSW4 posts
  V7 Animal

Most expensive and the worst

This vacuum cleaner stopped working properly within weeks. It cuts in and out incessantly. This is supposed to be a signal that it needs cleaning, but going through the complicated procedure (requiring a screwdriver) makes no difference. The main head stopped working soon after the warranty ended. I now vacuum with the small animal head which cuts in and out non-stop. My house is small and I vacuum only once a week. Save your money. This is the most expensive vacuum cleaner I have ever owned and it is by far the worst.
Julie
JulieSydney, NSW7 posts

Will not run for more than 2 minutes

It was a gift from my daughter. Worked great at the start. Then would only run for a few minutes after charging. Tried all of the troubleshooting. Far too much energy spent on this Never had problems with my old Nilfisk. I just wanted something to use with my steps, rather than lugging the barrel vacuum. My bet is they are made in China and as usual all process control flies out the window as they might be the manufacturing superpower but they lack integrity and consistency. No surprise really.
Nina K.
Nina K.5 posts

Fantastic cordless Vac

Love my Dyson cordless vac. It never looses power and easily removes an extraordinary amount of dirt/dust from all floor types. This model is super easy to empty, not requiring you to touch any of the dirt. The battery lasts 20 minutes on standard and about 6 mins on max power. I rarely uses the max power setting and the standard power setting lasts long enough for me to clean my entire 4 bedroom house. Highly recommend this vac.
Shweta
ShwetaSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Excellent product

I was buying a vacuum cleaner for the first time, and had no knowledge. Googled some products, and browsed in stores. When found this cordless vacuum cleaner, it immediately got my attention. Its so super easy to use. No cords, no hassles. Now I am using it for 10 months, and very happy with it. Suction is good. Cleans seemlessly on both carpet and tiles. Only thing that could be better was the battery. It lasts only 8-10 mins on max suction setting. I would want it to last atleast 15 mins. But otherwise its good in its all basic functionalities.
amandasm
amandasmGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC10 posts

I LOVE my Dyson

Never thought I would be one of those people to LOVE their vacuum cleaner.
But vacuuming is SO easy now - I dont know how I lived without it! Having two young kids who constantly drop food and bring in sand in to the house - I am using the Dyson all the time! I probably pull it out at least once a day and actually enjoy vacuuming!
Harvey Wilson
Harvey WilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD202 posts
GEE-SHOCK
GEE-SHOCKSydney, NSW29 posts
  V7 Animal

Easy to use. Not so easy to clean

A lot of hair was attached to the cleaner, making it very hard to clean. Also, after I press the button the machine should just keep working. I shouldn’t have to keep pressing in order for it to work! Please improve. I’m very tired pressing the button for a long period of time!
Sheena
SheenaPerth, WA5 posts

Best vacuum so far

So light and easy to use especially if you have small kids. The box came with lots of attachment. Charging time is quick but will only lasts for 30-45 minutes. Its better if they provided a spare battery like. But this is the best vacuum I have owned.
Sue Chapman
Sue ChapmanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Worst Vacuumer Cleaner

This is the second Dyson I have bought. The first was great. Bought this because now living in a caravan. Worst vacuum cleaner ever. Too hard to empty. Run time is terrible considering it takes 2 hours to charge. I am not able to clean back and front of a 4WD in less than full 2 charges. If you don’t run it on max, it doesn’t pick up anything.
Instructions supplied are not much use at all
Coral
Coral10 posts

Life saver

Long lasting, brilliant, easy to use!

I use this every day after work and do my entire house! I couldn’t do without it! It’s easy to move around the entire house! Since I got this I have not touched my v10 cord vac

Jordan
JordanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Excellent machinery

Got this on sale and love it. Runtime would be considered short for some but if you have a smallish apartment like I have, it's perfect. Has good suction power for my couches, floorboards and carpets. You can also switch it to max power (obviously with a shorter run-time) which is great. Highly recommend and agree with most the good reviews here
Lisa
LisaIllawarra, NSW2 posts

Battery life is crap

Battery life is crap not worth the money people pay for it I can't even vacuum a small house with out the battery running out should be selling for no more then $100 to $150 u r getting ripped off people if you buy this
CB
CBCANBERRA9 posts
  V7 Animal

Great vacuum especially for stairs!

It’s small and lightweight. Has regular power or you can amp it up to higher power spurts for harder to clean areas, although the battery runs out quicker. Being cordless makes it great for stairs and small areas. Looks good too.

Leo
LeoSydney, NSW13 posts

Going strong

I have both carpet and tile flooring and my Dyson works equally good. It's been a year and still looks good as new. I have a cat and it helps me cleaning cat hair which I possibly can't do it with another vaccum cleaner. I like how it takes very less space for charging.
Rodders
RoddersSouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy....but

I had the same problem. Bought from jb hifi, loved it, but 3 months later the battery died, which is strange given it was only 3 months old. Took it back to retailer though and got replaced (the whole thing not just the battery) immediately. But I’m kind of worried now that it may happen again.
Bubbas
BubbasPerth, WA55 posts
  Verified V7 Animal

Great Suction- no trigger lock option for 'on'. NOT IDEAL for those with arthritis or similar

Major flaw in the design is the lack of a trigger lock option. I had a Vax before this and the lock meant NOT having to constantly hold down the 'on' button to use the vacuum.

If you have arthritis or other similar issues, the Dyson cordless range is NOT for you. I have read reviews where people have used cable ties or similar to fix the problem, frankly- for the cost of the product.... you shouldn't have too.

Other than that, suction is decent and the swivel head makes it easy to use in tight spots.

Andrew S.
Andrew S.Launceston, TAS
Jason
JasonSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Very good

I bought this from JBHi
Cordless vacuum with a brush attachment and a short nose attchment( which is very handy Never spent so much on a vacuum before but have been very please
Michaela kelly
Michaela kellyPerth, WA5 posts

Great vacuum

Great vacuum, very easy to handle and has a very strong suction. The only downfall is that you can’t vacuum up larger items the size of a five cent piece.
John
JohnSydney, NSW6 posts

Dyson v7 great as a cord-free, but battery dead in 3 months

No complaint on the design and performance on the cordless vacuum cleaner.
But the battery dead in three months.
Dyson promised to send replacement and nothing happened in 4 weeks.
Searched on Ebay, only 1 to 2 OEM batteries available for V7. Much more suppliers for V8.
Looks like V7 got a battery quality/supply problem.
Without a battery, the vacuum cleaner is useless.
Rachelle
RachelleFranklin
  Verified V7 Animal

Love it but shocks super bad me! BUT I have the fix!

Solved problem of ceramic floors always dirty with broom and stairs, But it shocks me super hard! FiX First wear tennis shoes and ,remove rings from your hands. Second, modify an automotive plug and insert into the charging port. Make sure the plug is the right material. Dyson says dont stick anything in it but the shock is real! It turns the vacuum off its so hard. I cant deal with it. But I love it and dont want to return it so we fixed the problem.

Stranger
StrangerNewcastle6 posts

Great hand held vacuum!

I purchased this vacuum when my baby was born. Out house was only one year old, and the amount if dust and dirt I vacuumed up was appalling!

I use it on my hardwood floors to my carpet rooms without changing attachments. Highly recommend this version. I use the Max suction option, and am still amazed at the debris it collects.

Stick
Stick

Improving

Had a DC45, does the job, use mainly for the car so the compact size is handy.

Decide to buy this for small job around the house when kids make a mess of things.

Works really well. We have the Dyson cord ball vacuum for a few years and the wife loves that one. She does thrash the ball vacuum and I’m surprise it is still working.

This V7 is great. It’s permanently left in Max mode. It’ll do the 3 bedroom house as we have timber floor boards and it’s quick. The bigger canister than the DC 45 is useful. Battery will get hot and it won’t charge until it cool down, not an issue for me.

Hoping Dyson will design an autonomous vacuum.

Jacquie P
Jacquie PAU
Joy Fletcher
Joy FletcherSydney

Can't live without it

This truly makes life easier with Persian cat Milly. She sheds all over my house and this picks up her fur like a dream. It also has a good battery life not like some other hand held I have had and its not heavy. It is also easy to empty. Great purchase!

Mark
MarkMelbourne8 posts

Great

The Dyson stick is a great product. We have a golden retriever and therefore need to vacuum on a daily basis, the Dyson sticks makes vacuuming easy and enjoyable, I know enjoyable.

Our Dyson stick is a cordless so the charge will last for approx 30 mins. We have floor board (no carpet) so it is fine for us but I’m not sure how it would go on carpet.

Doxificus
DoxificusGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC20 posts
Grace B
Grace BNarrabri5 posts
ELIZABETH
ELIZABETHBenalla6 posts
  V7 Animal

I may never plug my big vacuum cleaner in again

This is my third cordless or stick vacuum cleaner and definitely a winner. I have vinyl floor boards and tiles as well as carpet and use it for all surfaces. It is gentle and scratch free on the tiles and vinyl and when I do the carpet I put it on maximum suction. It only weighs 4 kg and is so easy to operate I can’t be bothered getting out my big Dyson and plugging it in.

kingshopper
kingshopperNSW, 20718 posts

The perfect handheld vacuum

The Dyson V7 Animal is a stick vacuum and handheld vacuum in one. It's not cheap. But for the premium price you'll get excellent performance, even on pet hair, and plenty of useful tools. If you want to use it on maximum power, though, you'll only get six minutes of battery life. So charging it often is key.

Jake
JakeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC11 posts
  Verified V7 Animal

Absolutely love and will never buy another brand again!

I have an apartment with carpet and tiles. I've lived here for nearly a year and I'm still astonished by the amount of dirt my Dyson pulls out of the carpet. Just looking at it you wouldn't even think it's dirty, but after running the vacuum over the carpet, you quickly realise you were wrong!

I also have a dog, and my Dyson is a life saver for picking up dog hair. I use it on the couch, on the tiles and carpet mats. Have recommended to my friends and family and managed to convince 2 of them to buy one so far and they also love it. I will never buy another brand again!

Tyler
TylerMelbourne4 posts

Can’t live without it

Purchased this almost twelve months ago and it is one of the best thing we have ever bought. We were a bit apprehensive about the battery life of the smaller models, so went with this. Great decision. The 20 minute battery life suits our two story apartment perfectly. We can do both levels and the staircase in the time available.

We recommend buying this product to all our friends and family.

Kim
KimSydney2 posts
  Verified V7 Animal

No one helped me. Even it's still under warranty period

I have purchased V7 Vacuum about 3 months ago. Suddenly vacuum did not work. when I pressed the trigger button, The red light flashed more than 20 times and did not work.

So contacted Dyson live chat and call service team.

They said battery for my machine was currently out of stock, And will send it as soon as part restock in.

But it has already been 2 weeks . Still not send it to me.

It is pretty annoying. Never contacted& noticed me about processing.

Imagine a house without Vacuum for 2weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a bad customer service.

Alex
AlexGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC8 posts

Very nice

Vacuuming is no longer a chore! With it's smooth maneuvering and powerful suction, this vacuum keeps my wooden floor clear of dust and pet hair like a breeze. Also good on tiles/carpets and the snap on attachments are super handy for those hard to reach places. No cords mean this thing can go anywhere.

Soph
SophDarwin, NT7 posts

Life Saver!

We absolutely love our Dyson V7 Animal. It picks up all of our Doberman’s hair and dust around the house with ease. Only complaint is the battery life is SUPER short and takes a while to recharge itself again. The changeable parts and accessories are fantastic also. 10/10 recommend as a backup vacuum

Sophie_
Sophie_Perth, WA4 posts
  V7 Animal

Better than our big vacuum!

My husband bought me this vacuum after we used one at a beach house we hired in the last summer holidays. This is the best vacuum I have ever used. We have a large, older model Dyson, but this stick model is much better. With newer technology it has better suction, plus there's no cord so you can go as far as you want. The charge lasts long enough to do a small house. It has different feet to attach for carpet or hard floors. There are two levels of suction, normal or max. It is very light and convenient. The only downside is you have to hold the 'trigger' the whole time for it to keep vacuuming.

Nat
NatAdelaide4 posts

Dyson animal

Excellent, works well on all different floor types ( carpet and tiles), easy to manoeuvre around furniture and under the table. It has great suction. Light weight and convenient especially with young children in the house. Always being used and lives in the kitchen for easy reach. Would recommend to anyone looking for compact unit. We also have upright Dyson for whole house vacuum - purchased on line with gift card