MPN: 227265-01
See the Best Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (31) · No (22)
  • Battery Life

Roland Herr
Roland Herr

waste of money

I had to replace the battery twice, once within the warranty period and again a few months out of it. I had Dyson's previously and was very happy with it, the V8 is not as good as the one I previously owned.

Product is used Several times a week
Trudy Anne p.
Trudy Anne p.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dyson vacuum cleaners

I have tile and carpet flooring I find the the Dyson vacuum cleaner are the best I have two one is the ball and a stick one and they are the best

Purchased in for $359.

DysonDysonSend a private message

We appreciate the kind feedback about your Dyson vacuums, Trudy Anne P!

Paul
PaulMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Battery longevity

Use vacuum on all types of floor surfaces. Cleans well when in operation. Problem is that battery does not last as long as it states. Whole house cannot be cleaned in one hit. Even replacing the battery did not extend time to its full capacity. Vacuum does not present value for money.

Purchased in for $500.

Shamila
ShamilaSouth East Queensland, QLD

I wish I had purchased this sooner!

My house is 4 BR, 2 living, both carpet and tile floors. I have done my research before buying my first Dyson. Initially, I wanted the hassle-free of code while having to take it and quick vacuum. Now I wish I had purchased this sooner. I use this every day for quick vacuum as well as my whole house. I can vacuum the entire house with the fully charged battery at medium speed. One of my daughters has a mild dust allergy, therefore I vacuum every room alternatively every day. On both surfaces, it vacuums well at medium speed without any problems. I already recommended this to everyone I know. This is a huge time saver and such an easy, light and effective product to use. I am hooked!!

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $499.

DysonDysonSend a private message

Thanks for sharing this with us,Shamila! We're thrilled and very grateful for the lovely review!

DysonDysonSend a private message

Thanks for sharing this with us Shamila! We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying your machine.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Dyson V8 Absolute Plus compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Maria
MariaSydney, NSW

Great suction and strong does a good job

I used this product on Carpet and tiles very good on both carpet was specially clean picked up with nothing left behind its extremely well built it has performed very well

Purchased in for $720.

Tess
TessNorth Queensland, QLD

Ideal home companion

The Dyson stick V8 has been very efficient for my tiles and carpets. When the motor started to die, I was impressed with the service and speed in which Dyson sent the new one and the phone instructions for change over were clear and pleasant.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Furniture for $1,200.

Sax
SaxSouth East Queensland, QLD

I persevered but I only got 2.5 years

Purchased in at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for $799.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
Beema41
Beema41South-Eastern Region, NSW

Poor Build Quality

The vacuum works ok but it’s build quality is sadly lacking. The battery failed far too early and the filter gets blocked easily, causing the vacuum to have a asthma attack. Now there is a large crack through the body of the vacuum that has affected its performance. Contact with Dyson found me negotiating with an arrogant customer service operator who basically refused to offer any support other than trying to sell me another $800 unit. When this one eventually dies I’m going for an LG.

Purchased in at Bing Lee Physical store for $800.

Ross Gluer
Ross GluerSouth East Queensland, QLD

We got 12 months and after that a nighmare (2 machines).

After about 13 months the battery failed. Eventually got new battery and then the machine itself consistently fails. My elderly father also got one - same thing - total failure. they have just stopped working anywhere near correctly. We are throwing them in the bin - very expensive mistake. Never, ever again.

Purchased at Myer for $790.

Roisin M.
Roisin M.Perth, WA

This is a Great vacuum cleaner love it wouldn’t be without it and Dyson after-care service is wonderful

Wonderful vacuum cleaner money well spent I have tiles and carpet and a dog that likes to drop hair everywhere and the V8absolute class does that without a problem would highly recommend it

Purchased in .

Have been using Dyson vacuums for the last 10 years.

This is great except for the battery, it could last longer. It's a shame that the great vacuum is hindered by a bad battery which starts to deteriorate as soon as you start using it. All of my floors are carpeted so the battery really gets a workout.

Purchased in for $391.

Belinda C
Belinda CPerth, WA

Battery life poor and the hype about this vacuum cleaner is over rated

I purchased this vacuum cleaner for our smaller size house after purchasing a border collie. Within a year we had gone through 2 batteries and both of the heads are constantly getting hair wrapped around the rollers. Spoke to Dyson who were helpful at first but they have no longer offered support now that the warranty has ran out. The things they have asked me to do to try and solve the constant ongoing problems are just ridiculous - the washing and the cleaning of the filter and the heads is crazy, i never had to do this with my vax that i had for 10 years and im only sorry now that i threw it down the tip. I would not recommend.

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $999.

Renee
ReneeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Can’t live without my Dyson stick.

I have Wood floors, tiles and carpet the vacuum works well on all areas.
Suction is great on carpets and mats and picks up all the dust and dirt that you can’t see.

CountryLass
CountryLassSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT buy this Dyson stick vacuum!

I bought the Dyson V8 Absolute + in late 2017 and have just had to order my third battery. The quality is terrible and for a battery to last so little time is shocking. Dyson service is absolutely no help whatsoever. I will never buy another Dyson product again.

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $850.

Beema41
Beema41South-Eastern Region, NSW

Cracked body. Weak construction.

The body of this vacuum is weak and will crack over time. No help from Dyson. $120 for a new part. It is a shame as the machine works well, just unsafe with this crack.

Boodhun Ramcharrun
Boodhun Ramcharrunasked
V8 Absolute Plus

Hi i have bought a dyson v8 absolute+ about 1 year ago. The rottory heads stop working at all. I have 3 different heads and all doesn't s not spin at all. Power checked going out from the bare unit about 20.6v but when head connected does not spin. Additionally the vaccuum also sometimes does not operates when the spinning heads are connected, but work when other non spinning heads are connected. All heads and vacuum cleaned and nice inside. Monthly cleaning done. No dusts or head. Any ideas?

KLadasked
V8 Absolute Plus

Our Dyson V8 Absolute plus cuts out after a couple of minutes. I put it on and then straight off the charger and it works again, abeilt less working time. I have to keep doing this and the cleaner works for less and less time until the battery eventually runs out. There are no blockages and the filters are clean. The cleaner does not pulsate or surge while operating, it just cuts out. Has been doing this for a few weeks now. My Dyson is 2 years old.

Sue P.
Sue P.

I am having this exact issue and it is less than a year old. For an $800 vacuum I expected much more. Very frustrating having to walk back to the utility room just to insert the power port for it to do it again and again.

Norma M.
Norma M.asked
V8 Absolute Plus

My V8 is pulsing despite thorough cleaning of the filters and no blockages. I have had it about 2 years. Is it likely the battery needs replacing?

See all Dyson V8 Absolute Plus questions

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 4 Dyson V8