Dyson V8 Absolute Plus

Dyson V8 Absolute Plus

MPN: 227265-01

See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

P. Evans

P. EvansMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Used everyday

Good lil stock vacuum for all flooring types- we use on floating floor, tiles & carpet with good results. The “normal” suction is a bit weak but ok for hard floors, “high” suction drains the battery pretty quickly. Good attachments and overall happy with product.

Belinda

BelindaPerth, WA

Love the double heads

With a border collie who constantly sheds hair this vacuum cleaner is a god send, the suction is great. Love the fact that it has the 2 heads which both work well, the carpet one picks up all of her hair with a breeze. The only things that do bother me are the dog hair easily gets caught around the roller as well as the smaller roller. I did take this up with Dyson and they sent me 2 replacement heads as one has worn the rubber away from the actual head. Also i dont like the battery life, it does fade very quickly.

Purchased in August 2018 at The Good Guys for $850.00.

Tingroove

TingrooveCentral Queensland, QLD

Battery Quality is Ordinary for the Price

We bought three on the same day (Mothers day and good price compared to other shops). Two of the units batteries have failed under two years. Battery is poor quality for the price of the unit. Other than that it does a good job.

Purchased in May 2017 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $600.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Tiles
john l

john lSydney, NSW

GREAT ON ALL SURFACES

Works well on carpet and tiles. The beauty is the unit is cordless and i do not have to have power points ready available to plug in.
Pet hair is gone in a flash as is the dirt bought in by visitors.
It is very easy to clean the unit which is a plus.
Would not fault the unit and can give Dyson a big plus

Purchased in June 2018.

John Scott

John ScottTIMBOON

A must have for the busy families

I just love this and have had it for just over two years now. We use it for all our vacuuming, carpets and tiled floors. The vacuum works a treat on all surfaces and I would never buy anything else. I recently, rang about a problem, and thought I was in warranty. It was six weeks out. The customer service represensative worked out it was the battery. But Dyson gave me the battery free of charge as I had not made a claim in the two years. I also use the big Dyson, but it comes out only for the heavy cleaning, like spring cleaning.

Purchased in April 2017 at Appliances Online for $849.00.

Marcus D.

Marcus D.Illawarra, NSW

Time to retire the 240 V Dyson

Purchased in October 2018 at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for $599.00.

Katrina Stemberger

Katrina StembergerPerth, WA

Perfect for a family with pets

We have tiles throughout the house with two fury pets. Our lab sheds a lot and his fur is everywhere. The Dyson is a lifesaver for those quick whip around vacuum to sweep up all the fur. Since we have gotten this, I have hardly used our inbuilt vacuum system

Purchased in April 2018 at eBay for $700.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Amanda Fernandez

Amanda FernandezSydney, NSW

Does not do the job

I am quite disappointed with this product as it does not seem to be powerful enough to suck up everything. The full power mode only lasts for 10 minutes and then it dies. It’s quite over priced for something that doesn’t work as well as it should.

Purchased in February 2018 at The Good Guys for $800.00.

Julia

JuliaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best thing ever !!!

The best vacuum I have ever owned.
Strong reliable with good battery life. Must say as good as a cord vacuum, but no mess with plugging and unplugging and carrying it up and down. Having in a double storey home is a must.
Loved it the moment I bought it

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer for $599.00.

Damo

DamoCentral Queensland, QLD

Perfect

Love it good product I use it every day to clean all the rooms recommend for doing the car just wish it holds chard for twice as long runs out just before I'm finnished

Purchased in January 2018 at Second hand for $600.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Bbee

BbeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love this machine!

Cordless and powerful! This machine saves me so much time and with all the different attachments I can clean so many areas with the one machine.
I vacuum the wooden flooring on general suction and the carpets on high suction that way I get through the whole house before it runs out of battery. Even on general through it does a great job. I especially love the carpet attachment it really cleans the carpets well.

Purchased in April 2018 at Myer.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

edc

edcGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great product

Have this as our only vacuum cleaner. Not a full house but does have 4 bedders and one charge allows me to clean the whole house. So they have made the battery last. Have all the other parts so can clean my sofa and also my car.

Purchased in December 2017 at Bing Lee Online store for $5,449.00.

Floor Type Wood

Piccolowing

Piccolowingmelbourne

so convenient to use . Wish the battery could last longer!

It is great for carpet and wooden floor all around the house. It performs and cleans well on both surface. I tend to vacuum clean for a while, and sometimes the battery does not last me the whole house.

Purchased in June 2017.

Melbournion

MelbournionAU

No more stress in vacuuming

Easy, fast and not at all tiring with really good quality cleaning. Perfect for small or big homes. Will always recommend this product without any doubts. All the attachments are well designed and really good quality product.

Purchased in December 2017 at Myer Online Store for $899.00.

Liz

LizGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love it

I enjoy cleaning now that I have this amazing vacuum cleaner. It’s just so easy to use and the battery last for up to 40 minutes. I use it on the carpet, hard floors, furniture and on the walls Thank you Dyson

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $549.00.

A Lazari

A LazariSydney, NSW

Best purchase! Never using a wire vacuum again.

I use Dyson for my house of 5 bedrooms, living room, dining, kitchen, setting area, and outside sitting area with 1 full charge. I put it on low and perfect.

Purchased in January 2019.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Franni

FranniRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Cleaning is a breeze!

Love this vacuum - recharges really quickly and does the job effortlessly. Had an issue with it going on and off - rang Dyson and fixed the problem over the phone it was just something caught in the flap area and it fixed the problem. Dyson are also great to deal with. 5/5 - would definitely buy another v8.

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys for $749.00.

Gail

Gail

Disappointed!

Very handy vacuum because it’s cordless. Doesn’t lift the carpet pile and instead flattens the carpet. I had to buy another filter because it keeps clogging and can’t be used until completely dry again. I also find it difficult at times to release the parts. Did not live up to my expectations unfortunately but still a reasonable vacuum, just not great.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Teresa Fox

Teresa FoxMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

BATTERY LIFE POOR

Purchased in July 2017.

pinkdawn

pinkdawnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Stop thinking and buy it now

Upgraded to the V8 when our other Dyson died after 8 years . The v8 is so powerful and does hard floors with ease
I find the battery length sufficient to do my entire house 4 bedroom two lounge

Purchased in September 2018 at Myer Online Store for $550.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Boodhun Ramcharrunasked

Hi i have bought a dyson v8 absolute+ about 1 year ago. The rottory heads stop working at all. I have 3 different heads and all doesn't s not spin at all. Power checked going out from the bare unit about 20.6v but when head connected does not spin. Additionally the vaccuum also sometimes does not operates when the spinning heads are connected, but work when other non spinning heads are connected. All heads and vacuum cleaned and nice inside. Monthly cleaning done. No dusts or head. Any ideas?

Hi Boodhun,

Thank you for your question, we are happy to help.

So we can best assist and get this rectified, we would kindly encourage emailing your details and the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

We look forward to hearing from you and getting this sorted.

Hi thanks!
I still need to hear what is to be done to remedy the situation.
Ser No. VE2-XF-JHA0353A
Brand 216-Dyson
Model. 229625-01
Warranty No. 0000485475

[Details and Email Removed]

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

For best assistance, we would encourage you to contact our South African team. You can get in touch via our helpline on 087 807 9353 or via email on DysonService@tudortech.co.za

KLad

KLadasked

Our Dyson V8 Absolute plus cuts out after a couple of minutes. I put it on and then straight off the charger and it works again, abeilt less working time. I have to keep doing this and the cleaner works for less and less time until the battery eventually runs out. There are no blockages and the filters are clean. The cleaner does not pulsate or surge while operating, it just cuts out. Has been doing this for a few weeks now. My Dyson is 2 years old.

Hi there,

Thank you for your query, I am sorry to hear your Dyson machine isn't working as it should.

Could you please email your details (including serial number of your machine, address and contact number) to auaskdyson@dyson.com? One of our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get this sorted.

Norma M.

Norma M.asked

My V8 is pulsing despite thorough cleaning of the filters and no blockages. I have had it about 2 years. Is it likely the battery needs replacing?

Hi Norma,

Thank you for your question.

We are sorry to hear about this and will be happy to assist.

If you are finding your machine is cutting in and out with a surging or pulsing noise this would indicate a restriction in airflow or blockage. We understand you have checked the machine, however we would encourage double checking against this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpxRl17N03E.

Should the issue persist or if we can be of any further assistance please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST.

Best wishes,

Shan

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

CategoryStick Vacuum Cleaners