MPN: 227265-01

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (26) · No (16)
  • Battery Life

CountryLass

CountryLassSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT buy this Dyson stick vacuum!

I bought the Dyson V8 Absolute + in late 2017 and have just had to order my third battery. The quality is terrible and for a battery to last so little time is shocking. Dyson service is absolutely no help whatsoever. I will never buy another Dyson product again.

Purchased in October 2017 at The Good Guys for $850.00.

Beema41

Beema41South-Eastern Region, NSW

Cracked body. Weak construction.

The body of this vacuum is weak and will crack over time. No help from Dyson. $120 for a new part. It is a shame as the machine works well, just unsafe with this crack.

Purchased in February 2016.

Chappo

ChappoSydney, NSW

Battery Life? 2 years and 4 months

Purchased in November 2018 at Myer for $597.00.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Dyson V8 Absolute Plus compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Charlie

Charlie

Died only 6 months in and Dyson have been horrible to deal with

We used this stick vac as a secondary vacuum for our house. Died only 6 months in- doesn't seem to hold a charge. Dyson make it incredibly difficult to deal with any warranty claim and the retailer are reluctant to take the product back as Dyson insist consumers go through them for warranty. Horrible experience and wouldn't do a Dyson again. All marketing spin.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,099.00.

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear this is the experience you have had, it certainly isn't our aim and we are keen to find out what went wrong and get this sorted.

If you could please forward your review and details to auaskdyson@dyson.com we are keen to help.

Bwil

Bwil

Great device

I liked this vacuum. I primarily used the soft floor head on floorboards, and the beater head on the carpet. It worked quite well on both. The fluffy head is useful at picking up larger bits and bobs off a hardfloor.

Purchased for $699.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not a long life vacuum cleaner and a rip off for what you pay.

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman for $900.00.

Rob

Thanks for the reply but no thanks, two years ownership of a 900 dollar stick vacuum that is marketed as awesome but is really no different to other brand name but cheaper models has been a large lesson in life and brand name purchasing.

Roger Salcoodo

Roger SalcoodoSydney, NSW

good item

used for my house, soft strung carpet, does the job of cleaning the mess after my kids. Long time dyson buyer, always top quality goods. Caught this on a bargain.

anon

anon

Happy with the product

I have been happy with this purchase - good suction, very light to use, battery lasts long enough to do downstairs in my house (have to recharge to do upstairs but that doesn't worry me).

Purchased at Catch for $799.00.

Mark TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Battery Life

Purchased in October 2017 at Bing Lee Online store for $800.00.

Kat

KatQueensland

Cannot live without

Seriously has saved me so much time. Ended up getting rid of our vacuum cleaner because I can no longer stand cords. Just wish this would last longer than the 20 mins

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

stayxtrue

stayxtrueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible Battery Life

We bought this vacuum a couple of years ago and it was good at first however the battery is now not lasting anywhere near as long as it should be. We purchased this when it was more torward the $799 end and I can honestly say that having to buy a new vacuum every 2 years just to have some sort of Battery life is terrible! We have had nothing but issues iwth our Barrel Vacuum as things like clips were breaking on it yet dyson was saying it was due to being rough when this was not the case.

Now we have a stick vacuum that used to vacuum our whole house and now it barely lasts 15 minutes and on max mode you get around 45 seconds of use out of it which is horrible. Its safe to say that I dont think I will be buying anymore dysons.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $799.00.

Darren Kelly

Darren Kelly

Will Never use anything else again

Such a quality product, easy and light cleaning option, pricey but worth the extra dollars for the convenience and power of this unit. Will definitely upgrade when this unit is done.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $799.00.

Extremely POOR battery life

Having used my Dyson V8 Absolute Plus for about 18 months I began noticing the battery draining more and more rapidly until the point it it lasted only ~90 seconds on the max power setting. The battery also took over 5 hours to fully recharge at this point - making the vacuum virtually useless. At this point I contacted Dyson who told me that it was NOT ABNORMAL for batteries to only last this long and I would need to purchase a new battery for $110. The vacuum and battery have always been used according to the manufacturer's guidelines and cared for well. Having paid $800 for the vacuum it is an absolute ripoff to be forced to buy another battery. Please be aware there are equivalent vacuums in the market now offering much better value.

Purchased in November 2017 at Myer for $800.00.

Marco
Marco

Thank you for the response. However I have contacted Dyson Customer Service twice without satisfaction. On both occasions I was informed that my battery issues were not abnormal and the solution was to fork out another $110 for another battery.

Jase gonebush

Jase gonebush Far North Queensland, QLD

Awesome unit (we have a ragdoll )

This vac has it all.
I have a ragdoll pussi and when we bought him I said I'm going to get a Dyson.
It's the best bloody thing I ever bought for the house. Fan attachment is the ducks nuts with its bending upside down brush thingie.
Had battery issues as in not lasting but called Dyson and they sent another one free of charge and one of the ends cracked they sent another one all free and fast post then the handle cracked and called them up and they sent another no questions and free of charge.
There warranty service is bloody Awesome and it's the best vacuum cleaner ever.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $999.00.

Sim

SimAustralian Capital Territory

Average

I finally formed out the money to buy Theo’s quality cordless vacuum. I was going to buy the $480 one but spent the $999 on this one and I find it average at best. Not with the $999

Purchased in March 2019 at RetraVision for $999.00.

Boodhun Ramcharrun

Boodhun Ramcharrunasked

V8 Absolute Plus

Hi i have bought a dyson v8 absolute+ about 1 year ago. The rottory heads stop working at all. I have 3 different heads and all doesn't s not spin at all. Power checked going out from the bare unit about 20.6v but when head connected does not spin. Additionally the vaccuum also sometimes does not operates when the spinning heads are connected, but work when other non spinning heads are connected. All heads and vacuum cleaned and nice inside. Monthly cleaning done. No dusts or head. Any ideas?

Hi Boodhun,

Thank you for your question, we are happy to help.

So we can best assist and get this rectified, we would kindly encourage emailing your details and the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

We look forward to hearing from you and getting this sorted.

Hi thanks!
I still need to hear what is to be done to remedy the situation.
Ser No. VE2-XF-JHA0353A
Brand 216-Dyson
Model. 229625-01
Warranty No. 0000485475

[Details and Email Removed]

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

For best assistance, we would encourage you to contact our South African team. You can get in touch via our helpline on 087 807 9353 or via email on DysonService@tudortech.co.za

KLadasked

V8 Absolute Plus

Our Dyson V8 Absolute plus cuts out after a couple of minutes. I put it on and then straight off the charger and it works again, abeilt less working time. I have to keep doing this and the cleaner works for less and less time until the battery eventually runs out. There are no blockages and the filters are clean. The cleaner does not pulsate or surge while operating, it just cuts out. Has been doing this for a few weeks now. My Dyson is 2 years old.

Hi there,

Thank you for your query, I am sorry to hear your Dyson machine isn't working as it should.

Could you please email your details (including serial number of your machine, address and contact number) to auaskdyson@dyson.com? One of our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get this sorted.

Sue P.
Sue P.

I am having this exact issue and it is less than a year old. For an $800 vacuum I expected much more. Very frustrating having to walk back to the utility room just to insert the power port for it to do it again and again.

Hi Sue
I contacted the Dyson Service Centre and they were very helpful. At first they thought it may have been a faulty charger, but it was eventually diagnosed as a faulty battery pack for which they replaced it at no cost. I've had no problems since.

Norma M.

Norma M.asked

V8 Absolute Plus

My V8 is pulsing despite thorough cleaning of the filters and no blockages. I have had it about 2 years. Is it likely the battery needs replacing?

Hi Norma,

Thank you for your question.

We are sorry to hear about this and will be happy to assist.

If you are finding your machine is cutting in and out with a surging or pulsing noise this would indicate a restriction in airflow or blockage. We understand you have checked the machine, however we would encourage double checking against this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpxRl17N03E.

Should the issue persist or if we can be of any further assistance please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST.

Best wishes,

Shan

See all Dyson V8 Absolute Plus questions

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 4 Dyson V8