Dyson V8 Absolute Plus

Dyson V8 Absolute Plus

MPN: 227265-01

Cleaning is a breeze!

Love this vacuum - recharges really quickly and does the job effortlessly. Had an issue with it going on and off - rang Dyson and fixed the problem over the phone it was just something caught in the flap area and it fixed the problem. Dyson are also great to deal with. 5/5 - would definitely buy another v8.

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys for $749.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Disappointed!

Very handy vacuum because it’s cordless. Doesn’t lift the carpet pile and instead flattens the carpet. I had to buy another filter because it keeps clogging and can’t be used until completely dry again. I also find it difficult at times to release the parts. Did not live up to my expectations unfortunately but still a reasonable vacuum, just not great.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Hi Gail, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson. I am sorry to hear the Dyson V8 didn't meet your expectations. We wouldn't expect you to experience the machine flattening your carpet pile or having parts that are hard to release. We would encourage reaching out to one of our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

BATTERY LIFE POOR

The vacuum stick is wonderful for my back. This is the reason why I purchased the product.

My appliance is 20 months old. For the past 5 months the battery has been losing power. I have ordered replacement courtesy of Dyson. My invoice indicates the cost is $85. I only use HIGH power because if I use MAX power the battery only lasts 4-5 minutes.

The vacuum has started to become quite loose at connection points and the shaft wobbles.

I was informed by Dyson that each battery is different depending on where the charger is positioned installed/placement of stick, weather conditions ie heat/cold and the unit should be used every day (I vacuum tiles one day then carpet following day. She advised that the battery is a consumable, just like a camera, car or phone. I was disappointed with this response as it appeared that the poor consumer was to blame, yet again, for things going wrong with the unit.

I would expect such an expensive vacuum to last a lot longer. It is hard to justify a new battery every 15 months.

Purchased in July 2017.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Stop thinking and buy it now

Upgraded to the V8 when our other Dyson died after 8 years . The v8 is so powerful and does hard floors with ease
I find the battery length sufficient to do my entire house 4 bedroom two lounge

Purchased in September 2018 at Myer Online Store for $550.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Below average, in view of the price point compared to functionality and feel good

Update 20th Feb, 2019:
I need V8 Absolute because I need soft-roller head, since my 2 storey house is all wooden floor. I bought V8 Absolute+ due to there is promotion, i.e. same price to buy either V8 Absolute or V8 Absolute+. Good to have all the accessories from the plus model. I have bought this mainly hoping to use it to vacuum the whole house (3 bedrooms double storey house) instead of using my Electrolux bagged corded vacuum cleaner which is still serving me well.

On 12 Feb 2019, I opened the box and found lots of accessories to unpack. It would be great if Dyson have some unpack instruction for Absolute+ model. I opened up almost all the boxes, before managing to find the power adaptor, packed together with Direct-Drive Head. When I opened up V8 cordless vacuum, I am disappointed to find dirt inside the bin. It looked used, i.e. not new. Nevertheless, it did not stop me from getting it ready to use the next day.

On 13 Feb 2019, after charging it overnight, I used it for the first time. Knowing it can only last 30 mins when using it with Soft-Roller Head, it was a stressful experience. After vacuuming 2 rooms, battery down 1/3. After vacuuming 2nd level and 1st level living room, battery down another 1/3 level. Stressed that now only left 1/3 battery, I vacuumed as it is for the rest of 1st level, instead of moving furniture around. Just made it before it stopped working due to battery flat. I focus on floor vacuuming only. I am not too impressed with the amount of dirt collected by V8, looks similar to the dirt collected by Kmart 2-in-1 portable cordless vacuum cleaner. Till now, I only using Soft-Roller Head, but not the other 2 heads that come with Absolute model, i.e. direct-drive head and mini-drive head.

After vacuuming my boys room first at 2nd floor, I am also disappointed to find a lot of dust sticking below the soft-roller head (both sides and back). I have to use another tool provided with V8 Absolute+ to vacuum it away. The good thing after my 1st time use, seems no hair stuck onto the soft roller head.

User also need to be beware of sliding the stick against bed edge. For me, after first use, I found quite a number of scratches, after vacuuming under the bed. The stick is also a bit short to vacuum the full area under single bed from one side, if the other side is against the wall.

Lastly, not sure why the Soft-Roller Head, a portion of it was flattened when I received it new. Nevertheless, it does not affect the functional aspect of it.

Overall, this cordless vacuum works fine, but the price is high compared to what it is capable of delivering. The reason why I put only 1 star is mainly about the high price point. There are other cordless vacuum that can also deliver what V8 can, but at a much lower price point.

Original Review 18th Feb 2019
Below is the actual feedback I have given Dyson Customer Service thru' Dyson website on 16 Feb 2019:

Dear Sir/Mdm,

I ordered V8 Absolute+ thru' online Target on 10 Feb. I collected it on 12 Feb from Target.

After opening on 12 Feb afternoon, I am disappointed that inside the dustbin is not clean, dusty with dirt.

When I shake the filter inside the bin, some dirt dropped out. It looked used and not new.
Secondly, I need to feedback why the stick got deep scratches when I accidentally slide against my wooden frame bed side when vacuuming floor below bed during my first use vacuuming on 14 Feb, after charging it overnight. I am shocked that the metal surface is weak against wooden surface. Please comment.

Overall, I am disappointed with this purchase and am thinking of returning it. But I have already used it once, have opened up all the accessories and put them into the accessories provided with Absolute+ model.

Below is their actual final reply from Dyson Customer Service team (Dated: 18 Feb 2019), after a few round of emails from 16 Feb to 18 Feb 2019:

Thank you for your reply and also your time on the phone today.

As discussed on the phone, we have now cancelled the service assessment of your machine as we do not believe there is anything wrong with your machine or any of the components.

The filters are both deemed to be normal and the slightly flattened area of the soft roller is due to packaging. Any replacement parts would likely appear the same.

We hope this has satisfactorily answered your query today. If we can be of any further assistance please
don't hesitate to email us back or call us on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm.

Below is my actual final reply to them, which Dyson Customer Service team told me on the phone but did not write in their email reply above (item 1):

As spoken on the phone, the way you represented Dyson is not acceptable. Below is what you said on the phone:

1) It is normal to see dirt/dust inside bin on some of the new units. But why me?
I asked my brother whether he see this in his V10 when new - No
I asked my friend whether he sees this in his v-ball when new - No.

2) The depressed area on fluffy head is also normal caused by packaging. But why me?

Let me remind you this is Dyson $799 product, a premium and expensive brand, not Kmart $99 product. It should not be like that. I should have bought VAX instead.

You are right in saying the V8 I am having now is functionally working fine, but cosmetically and the way you respond is not acceptable. Hopefully this product will last long. Moving on and no further Dyson products for me.

Purchased in February 2019 for $699.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

I think it is a little bit overpriced but i think it worths! It is really so quite while using it to vacuum the floor, it is so easy to handle and use, you can go around with this easily

Purchased in November 2018.

Product is used: Weekly

perfect

After using 5 or more expensive different brands. I can say I love this vaccume easy to use and actually does the work it says on the product manual. Highly recommend this one.

Purchased in April 2018 for $699.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Amazing

This product was so worth the money. We use this almost daily as we have little kids. Strong suction. Very easy to use and has a good sized drum. Pretty easy to clean. One of those purchases that changed my homelife

Purchased in April 2018.

Fantastic

I recently bought a Dyson V8, after doing a lot of research i was still a bit concerned about the battery life but i have been pleasantly surprised, i have a 2 story house with four bedrooms and timber floor and carpet in the bed rooms and i can vacuum all my carpets on level 3 and all timber floors on level 2 and still have battery charge to do the lounges as well, i am very happy with my Dyson and would highly recommend it

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Great product but now I am experiencing some issues

I thought this product was a great improvement to the earlier models. I am now experiencing intermittent power although I charged it fully. It barely lasts 2 minutes and then it stops. I charge it and remove it from the charger after 30 seconds then it goes for another 2 minutes the process repeats.

Annoying. Help !!!!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Jude, Thank you for reviewing your machine. I am sorry to hear your machine isn't running for as long as it should, we will be happy to help get this sorted. So we can best assist we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, ShanThanks Shan. Happy that you resolved the issue right away. Great & prompt service. I am very impressed. A replacement battery pack was sent within a day. I am looking forward to receiving it. Will update when I receive it. Thanks.Got the replacement battery yesterday. Charged it overnight. It lasted 10 mins on HIGH vacuum. I thought it lasts longer. Shan can you please verify. Thanks.

Makes me want to clean!!

I love this product.

I am, by my own admission, an awful housekeeper, and the state of my house is not helped by my large and hairy dog.

I didn’t think stick vacuums were for whole-house cleaning, but after my Mum bought one and I had a little try I took the plunge and turned my back on my old pull-along.

I admit, the battery life is short. My house is small, and I only just get the whole place done (with the machine set to turbo) before the battery goes flat. I kind of like that though.. it means I can tell myself ‘you only have to vacuum for 10 minutes max!’

My house is largely carpet, with a bit of tile and a bit of lino, and it performs well on all surfaces. The power head works super well and gets around and under furniture with ease.

the package I got came with all kinds of extra doodads for cleaning specific things. The mini power head is great for the carpets in the car, and the upholstery head gets the car seats looking great, and was really handy when I decided it was time I cleaned my blinds. The little corner tool gets everywhere you’d expect it to. I like that the one machine works as a little hand vac as well as being able to put many of the attachments onto the longer nozzle or the bendy nozzle.

The filters are easy to remove for cleaning, and the actual process of cleaning them is simple.

I did initially struggle to work out how to empty the canister. I think maybe the problem was me though, now I know how it’s actually really easy and I wonder what my problem was.

The only issue I have (and it’s not really an issue as much as an ‘is it just me?’) is that the little port to charge it is in the handle, and when I’ve been working away and my hand gets s little sweaty u get little zaps from it. nothing major, just a little buzz. I asked my mother if it ever happens to her, since I had it happen when I was using her machine too, and she said no! maybe I’m imagining it..

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Jol, Thank you for taking the time to review your machine. We are so pleased to hear the the V8 is working well for you in your home. In regards from the zaps received from the machine, Although what you experienced was unpleasant, we assure you that this kind of static shock is harmless and is not associated with the main supply. Static electricity can occur in many ways and does build up in plastics quite easily. In a vacuum cleaner, static build up is due to the rubbing of fast moving particles against its plastic and metal surfaces. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help. Best wishes, Shan

Innovation in vacuum cleaning

Gone are the days of having to tediously connect your vacuum to an outlet.
This is a perfect appliance. I absolutely love it and live by it. The battery life lasts for around 30 mins for full blast enough to clean the whole house.
If you don't own a dyson you are missing out of the whole new vacuum experience.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Not as good as the hype.

I have a tiled and carpeted house. I also have ducted vac with a hidey hose, so the hose is hidden in the pipes inside the walls, excellent.

You would think I didnt need a cordless vac, but ultimately I relented as pulling out 15m of hose and attaching the bits to clean the stairs or suck up a small amount of dirt seemed excessive.

Thanks to a 25% off voucher and good reviews I purchased the Dyson v8 absolute Plus.
First impression, its heavy, all that aluminium and plastic and motorised heads adds weight. Ok its no dust buster, which is probably all I needed.
The emptying method is a worry. First attempts nothing, I thought it was broken, you have to yank the motor up hard to get the bottom release to activate and the hair and dust shot out to the side on the floor. I assume it will get easier to open but for now, I have to be real careful with positioning the unit over the bin.

Why the fuss, yes cordless is convenient, if you install in and have it on charge 24x7. But really not worth the money.

The quickest way to sweep tiles is with a microfibre dry flat cloth, whisk around the house, clean it using the ducted vac. done. So light, so simple. Carpet needs power, the rugs have long piles and Dyson jams, No good. Bedrooms carpets need runtime so the ducted is king. Car, ducted house and a nosel gets in tighter places.
Stairs, ok with small head.

My gripe is It tries to be a fully blown vacuum cleaner, but its not. A 9 minute run time, (if your lucky) won't vacuum one bedroom. Yes it sucks up pet hair well, thanks to motorised spinning head, but not better then the monster ducted system. (It also has a spinning head that relies on suction, works a treat on carpet, not needed on tiles or floor boards).

It's great when using the small attachments to clean hair off clothes, and sucking up small messes, thats it.
Personally, it should be $200 not $520 after discount. Far too expensive for what is esentially a toy Vacuum cleaner.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Can’t live without it and customer service is fantastic

Amazing, couldn’t live without my V8 and love all the attachments. My battery has slowly died after just 18 months but I just called customer service and they fixed the issue and it only took about 5 minutes all up on the phone. Hot tip is to always leave it on charge at the lower setting as the battery is consumable. Battery life depends on how much you use it and charging etc

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Made to last max 12-18 months. Garbage.

I purchased this to clean a 60sqm one bed unit shared with a French Bulldog. Unit failed within 12 months. Dyson requested I return it via post at my own expense. F that. I returned to Harvey Norman where I purchased and told them to do it. Dyson then proceed to replace the unit. I rejected that. It’s not fit for purpose, I want a refund. Oh no, Dyson can’t honour Australian Consumer Rights. I have to go back to Harvey Norman now for a refund... What a joke. What is the ACCC doing? Smoking joints? How can such a large market player be allowed to screw over customers? Annoyed is just not even the start.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi there, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson V8. We are sorry and slightly surprised to hear of your experience. In the event a machine needs to be serviced under the Dyson guarantee we provide transport solutions that are of no cost to you. In regards to your consumer law rights, Dyson acknowledge your rights and work within the law. That being said, should you be wishing for a refund, if this machine was purchased at a retailer, this would be between yourself and the retailer as they hold your contract of sale. We would encourage you to contact them to discuss this. Should you wish to discuss the solutions Dyson are able to provide, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help. Best wishes, ShanYes, I discussed the options with you... You laughed at how well you are milking the system to screw customers... A warning to all Dyson customers!

Give it a try, you will not regret it.

Having been trialing this product for 2 weeks, I have been able to really get a feel for how it works, the pros and cons and what it can do. Firstly, the instruction manual is basically a 'Dummy's Guide', all in pictures, it is so easy to follow. You just take it out of the box, plug it in to charge and then you're off! You can use the product either in hand held mode or in stick mode, using a variety of different tool heads. This product allowed me to reach areas I was unable to with my vacuum, high ceilings and small spaces between appliances. I was able to clean each individual stair without having to manoeuvre a cord around the banister, vacuum my child's highchair immediately after he had created a mess and generally keep the entire house clean on an 'as and when' basis, rather than leaving vacuuming until it really had to be done.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Amazing! Can’t live without it

The Dyson v8 is the best thing I have ever purchased. I can use it on all floors in my house and also great for cleaning my car. This is by far the best one you can get it suctions up all dirt. You don’t have waste time going over sections like you have to with most vacuums. And the fact that it doesn’t have a cord.. amazing! Never getting caught up on any house hold furniture!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

I do love this but

I do love my Dyson! The only downfall is that with different head attachments gives you different vacuume life with the battery. You cannot use the high max suction function with the normal big attachment for more the 7 minutes the vaccume then needs to be charged for three hours, this was not advertised at all with this vaccume and if I had of known this I probably would not have brough this vaccume.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Design is everything

We use the Dyson on a range of surfaces - carpet - wood - vinyl and in different environments - inside outside ( car ). It maintains its function throughout the cleaning process making it effective. Stores away easily - lightweight to use and quick to recharge. A flexible piece of equipment

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Met expectations, however overpriced comparing to similar products

I am using my Dyson V8 on hard flooring and few smaller wool carpets.
The red lining fell off from one the accessories, despite being used very rare.
Overall performance is ok, but it does not justify the high price.
Design-wise, the vacuumed dust is not a pretty sight in the clear plastic barrel.
In hindsight, I would have opted for a very similar product sold on TV, with the same power, more attachments and backed with full satisfaction guarantee.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Jenny, Thank you for reviewing your V8 Absolute Plus. We are sorry to hear that this has happened to your accessory and would be happy to assist. Please send an email through to auaskdyson@dyson.com with the serial number of your machine and contact details and one of our experts will be in touch as soon as possible. Best wishes, Samuel Facebook.com/Dyson

Our Dyson V8 Absolute plus cuts out after a couple of minutes. I put it on and then straight off the charger and it works again, abeilt less working time. I have to keep doing this and the cleaner works for less and less time until the battery eventually runs out. There are no blockages and the filters are clean. The cleaner does not pulsate or surge while operating, it just cuts out. Has been doing this for a few weeks now. My Dyson is 2 years old.
Hi there, Thank you for your query, I am sorry to hear your Dyson machine isn't working as it should. Could you please email your details (including serial number of your machine, address and contact number) to auaskdyson@dyson.com? One of our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get this sorted.

My V8 is pulsing despite thorough cleaning of the filters and no blockages. I have had it about 2 years. Is it likely the battery needs replacing?
Hi Norma, Thank you for your question. We are sorry to hear about this and will be happy to assist. If you are finding your machine is cutting in and out with a surging or pulsing noise this would indicate a restriction in airflow or blockage. We understand you have checked the machine, however we would encourage double checking against this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpxRl17N03E. Should the issue persist or if we can be of any further assistance please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST. Best wishes, Shan

I have a V8 for about 3 years now. My original battery died and Dyson exchanged it, that was about 2 years ago. The new battery now displays the following behaviour: Seems to charge very quickly, however it only runs for a maximum of 3.5 minutes on extra power (and lately if feels it has reduced even further). Also in some cases it just cuts off power intermittently and works again (feels like it's chocking but I cannot see why). In some cases, when it stops after 3.5 minutes, and I plug it in power for a couple of minutes it runs again for a about 30 seconds. Great machine, but the battery has been a problem. Any help? Michael
Actually I just found the receipt. I bought it in September 2016. So it's only 2.5 years old.They were a pleasure to deal with. All you can do is ring. They might replace it.It will be my second replacement. And why should I have to go through this again and again. I bought a very expensive product. The first time I called them they were very hard to deal with, and were acting as if I was trying to con them out of a battery. I can see a theme here, they are selling a defective product.

V8 Absolute Plus