Dyson V8 Absolute

169 questions from our users

Ross B.

Ross B.asked

Hi,

Bought the unit about 2 years ago. Use it at least weekly for our apartment.

Until a few months ago I could easily vacuum our whole place on ONE full charge - however now I can only get about 75% done by comparison.

Secondly, I have also notice that even on a full charge, the Max setting now only works for maybe a minute or two if you are lucky - so I then have to quickly plug it back in for for second, which then really only allows me to use the normal setting for a bit more time.

Any comment or advise or help on the above issues?

Minh
Minh

Sounds normal that overtime battery will erode as it is consumable. When it gets to a point that it is no longer suitable for your need, call Dyson and order a new battery. It will work as new again.

Mr t

Mr tasked

V8 Absolute

‏Hello I just bought mine, v 8 and I have a question. The vacuum cleaner should warm up while working.   Or stay could?

Ilka

Ilkaasked

V8 Absolute

I (very excitedly) just opened the box on my BRAND NEW Dyson V8 Absolute, read all the instructions and then plugged it in to charge. Unfortunately the charge light only comes on RED, flashes twice and then does NOT charge at all. Brand new! Just opened! I’m really disappointed and am hoping that it is just something simple. Any suggestions please? I’m really looking forward to zapping up all the cat hair from my couch and doing my hard floors (of which there are many) without an ineffective soft broom which takes forever. Please HELP!
Ilka

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear about this Ilka, this sounds like something isn't quite right.

If you could please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details, our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly and happy to help get this sorted for you.

Carol W.

Have just put a new full charged battery in my Dyson 31 but still have no power going into dyson help

Cy 24532220

Nurse Abby

Nurse Abbyasked

V8 Absolute

I have had my Dyson for about 1 and half years recently it will not charge. I plug the charger in and the red light flashes twice and then goes out. It never get a charge. Could it be the battery or the charger and are these covered by warranty?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

A red light flashing on your machine would indicate a problem with a part of your machine, however we would some more information to confirm which part, and confirm the Dyson Guarantee status of your machine.

We would kindly ask you to forward your machine's serial number and your detials to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to get this sorted for you.

Sue C.

Sue C.asked

V8 Absolute

Should the battery case get hot when using?

aydah1
aydah1

No haven’t noticed any heating of case at all

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Please be assured it is normal for the battery to become warm during use, especially if used on the MAX setting. After use and charging, the battery will start to cool down.

We hope this helps, however if we can assist further please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to assist further.

emeraldasked

V8 Absolute

The Dyson cuts out after 10 seconds in the max mode. I can put it back on the charger and it will go again but only for 10 seconds. This only happens in max mode, the machine runs well in normal mode
Thanks for your help

Hi there,

Thank you for your question.

We are sorry to hear about this and will be happy to assist.

So we can best assist we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details. Alternatively, please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EDST.

Michael M

What response did you get from Dyson? in my case they told me I need to buy a new battery. My second one in less than 3 years.

emerald

The machine was still under warranty so Dyson sent out a new battery and charging cable. The new battery didn't make any difference however after installing the cable it nows runs perfectly. Very happy with the Dyson support

Leslie C.

Leslie C.asked

V8 Absolute

This is the best house cleaning tool I have ever bought, but there is dog hair wrapped around the wheels of the soft roller. Can you suggest how to remove the hair? I have tried pulling the hair out with needle nose pliers, but that I can't get it all out.

Vicky A.

Vicky A.asked

V8 Absolute

Hi, I am very disappointed that I cannot vacuum for even 2 minutes without the battery completely dying out, after being fully charged! What is going on? I expected much better from this brand, and that’s why I spent the big $$$. Very underwhelming and disappointing.

Diversion
Diversion

Oh, we have exactly same problem. At first it ran for 7 - 9 mins., two days ago phhht.

Michael M

Same here, there seems to be a theme, the company needs to take a good look at it. First time I called them about the problem (in that case the battery died completely) they replaced the battery, but the agent acted as if I was trying to con them. Now, about a year later the new battery is also playing up as you described.

Hi Vicky,

Thank you for your query.

I am sorry to hear about this. We will be more than happy to help diagnose your machine and assist with a resolution.

So we can best assist we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Rachel Azzopardi

Rachel Azzopardiasked

V8 Absolute

My dyson v8 charge is always running out of charge , what can I do?

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for your query.

The V8 has two modes of suction; Max and high power. With the motorised head attached the machine will provide 25-30 minutes on high power mode. Without using a motorised tool it can run up to 40 minutes on high power mode. On Max mode, the machine will run for 7 minutes regardless of the tool in use.

If your machine isn't achieving these run times, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help.

Nic

Nicasked

V8 Absolute

My Dyson V8 is about 18 months old. It cuts out while in use after about 5min on normal and about 2mon on max. IF I then place it on charge it shows 2 LEDs and is immediately possible to use again for another 5 min (so definitely not flat). Help?

Michael M

This more or less matches my observations.

Hi Nic,

Thank you for your query.

Sorry to hear about the short run time you are experiencing, this doesn't sound normal at all and we are happy to help.

So we can best assist, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly and happy to help.

Roee L

Roee Lasked

V8 Absolute

Hey, I have Dayson V8 and my question is that if it will be stay in charging all the time even after the battery is fully, so it’s fine?

Hi Roee,

Thank you for your query.

The Dyson V8 Absolute has smart electronics within the machine, battery and charger to ensure the machine won't overcharge. It is recommended you leave the machine on charge when not in use, this will ensure it is always ready for your next cleaning session. The electronics in the machine will ensure the battery charges to 100%, but not over.

I hope this helps, however if we can assist further please don't hesitate to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

Billasked

V8 Absolute

We got a V8 Absolute a couple months ago. It was working fine. Now it only charges a couple minutes and turns off. The vacuum does not run, assume a dead battery. If we take it off the charger and re-seat it, it will charge for a couple minutes and stop charging. When I say charging or not charging, I mean the blue light is on or not. We have left it on for a couple days and it is not charged and will not run. I thought if it was a connection problem, re-seating it in the charger with the blue light on would fix it but it turns off in a couple minutes and repeating the re-seat process just repeats the problem and the unit is not charged. Help

Bill

Found the problem. The red handle the opens the canister to empty it apparently was not closed tightly and the sweeper would not run. Opened and closed the canister and the vacuum worked.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for letting us know the issue has now been resolved.

If we can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact us on 1800 239 766 or aucustomercare@dyson.com. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST.

Samuel

JANE

JANEasked

V8 Absolute

My V* Absolute s fine apart form the large drive head. I have just purchased ANOTHER - this is head number 3!!! - and just attached it and still not working. The old one would work sometimes and not others. I have followed a You tube video and completely dismantled the whole thing (less new head), its cleaned and polished and STILL NOT BLOODY WORKING! I am sick of this, I am too busy to keep messing about with a vacuum that is unreliable. These things are not cheap so please tell me what to do - and I will NOT buy another Dyson drivehead. Please do not just refer me to the email/helpline. I have tried all that to no avail.

Hi Jane,

Thank you for your query.

I am sorry to hear about this, we are happy to help.

While we are happy to help, unfortunately, without further personal details we are not able to find your history with us. For your privacy and to get this sorted, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch shortly to assist. Please also be assured replacement parts from Dyson come with their own two year guarantee.

Loraine D

Loraine Dasked

V8 Absolute

I have a v8 absolute it’s runs perfectly on normal mode for correct amount of time but when I put it on max it will only run for a boy 2 to 3 minuets. Can you help

Hi Loraine,

Thank you for your query.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a short run time while on Max, we are happy to help.

So we can best assist we would kindly ask you to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be more than happy to help.

The pretty one
The pretty one

I have the same problem but only realised it when people stayed with me and I was saying how good the product was. Purchased from tvsn

Rabbitasked

V8 Absolute

How do you remove long hair caught around the main drum on a Dyson V10?

Dave
Dave

Hello Robert, We only own the Dyson V8, but I expect it would be similar if not the same set up, if you are inquiring about the bottom power head I take mine apart, fairly easy, just lay the parts out as you remove them, then with a pair of very small sharp scissors carefully cut away unwanted hair etc. Hope this helps. Cheers. Dave..

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your query.

To make cleaning the floor tool easier, you can remove the brushbar from the floor tool of the machine. You can see how to do this vis this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF8pcy7_cmY

I hope this helps, however if you have any queries, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

Rabbit

Most think the hair is caught around the floor tool. Not so!! The hair is in fact caught around the main stainless drum? I'm sure others have had a similar problem?

Lee milne

Lee milneasked

V8 Absolute

Hi my Dyson V8 cuts out when on full power after 2 mins. Any idea what it could be and how it can be fixed?

Lee Milne.

Hi Lee,

Thank you for your query.

Sorry to hear your Dyson V8 is cutting out when on the Max mode. We are happy to help.

So we can best get this sorted, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with the following details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch:
- serial number of your machine
- postal address
- preferred contact number
- your above query

Mai

Maiasked

V8 Absolute

Just got my absolute v8 and I put it to charge directly from wall socket ..the blue light blinks for seconds then it's off ..Is this normal or it should keep on blinking till battery is full?

Willow80

100% correct the blue light will continue to flash until battery is fully charged.

Kim
Kim

I have this same issue. Did you fix it?

Hi Mai,

Thank you for your query.

We can confirm the Dyson V8 will show a slow flashing light while it is charging, and turn completely off when fully charged. Based on your description, this machine is fully charged and ready for use.

I hope this helps, however if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch.

Kathryn

Kathrynasked

V8 Absolute

I have the Dyson V8 and it runs on max for 1 min then cuts out. Place it on the charger and it,still shows 2 bars and charging to the 3rd. Why is it doing this?

Willow80

Try giving it a good clean. Make sure there is nothing stuck in vac stick, ensure barrel when emptied is fully clicked shut. Switch to normal suction then charge overnight. I tend to use ours on normal suction rather than max as battery lasts me the entire house. If that all fails sounds like a warranty job and call dyson.

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for your query.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Dyson V8 running on Max mode. We are happy to help.

- serial number of your machine
- postal address
- preferred contact
- your above query

Ttt

Tttasked

V8 Absolute

My Dyson v8 is about a year old and the battery lasts about 2 mins on max now when fully charged... this seems pretty poor any possible explanations?

Hi there,

Thank you for your query.

I am sorry to hear your Dyson Cord-free machine isn't running as long as it should.

So we can establish what is happening and get this resolved, we would encourage you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help diagnose your machine and assist with a resolution.

Karrie
Karrie

I have exactly the same problem with my year old v8 ... saying to email isn’t a resolution is it? Why can’t you put the answer online so we can all fix it?

Shauna
Shauna

I am another customer with the same issue with my 12month old V8 Dyson. I agree with Karrie you should post an answer online. Is it that the battery only lasts for 12 months and needs replacing every year?

Inna

Innaasked

V8 Absolute

Hello. I got my Dyson v8 Absolut before 3 days. It is working ok, but when I put it in the dock station the blue lights are flashing for one minute only and after that turning off. I emptied the battery after approximately 10 minuets working on max suction and that put it in the charging. Anyone of blue lights was not flashing. So I disconnected the plug from the socket and returned it back. After that I see one blue strip is flashing and it’s charging. I can’t understand it is the correct behavior of the charging process. Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.

Hi Inna,

Thank you for your query.

If your machine has been used for the full run time on Max, and put right back onto the charger, the machine may not start charging until the battery cools down. Please be assured this is normal. Please also double check the charger is securely fitted in the charging dock to ensure a firm connection when the machine is installed.

Should you have any further queries or if you need assistance with your machine, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to assist.

Shan

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives