Dyson V8 Absolute

193 questions from our users

Eliseb

Elisebasked

V8 Absolute

My Dyson V8 gets really hot at the back while I’m using it, too hot to continue using

DysonDyson

While the Dyson V8 can get warm during use, we certainly wouldn't expect it to get hot.

Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger and we will be happy to help. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Raymond

Raymondasked

my name is Raymond
why Dyson charger cable have filter. what the function.

Michael
Michael

It doesn't have filter.

DysonDyson

The charger of your Dyson cord-free machine has a transformer on the plug. This is to ensure the correct power is provided to your machine.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Ways to get in touch can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Pam

Pam asked

V8 Absolute

I have a Dyson v8 Motörhead in my winter home. I’m leaving for 6 months. Should I leave it plugged in or not?

DysonDyson

To maximise battery health, We would encourage fully charging the machine and unplugging it while not in use. Upon your return, charge your machine fully prior to first use.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Please don't hesitate to get in touch. Our contact details can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Trevorasked

V8 Absolute

I have a second battery available. Is there a way to charge it so I can use it immediately when the first battery runs out

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Have it fully charged

wow. took 2 weeks to NOT answer the question

DysonDyson

Apologies for the delay, unfortunately, we aren't notified for every query on this site. For assistance, our Dyson Experts are available directly via live chat, Facebook Messenger or phone with our contact details available here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

In regards to your query, if you have a second battery, this will be able to be charged directly from a second charging cord, while not connected to the machine. That being said, as the V8 range of machines have screw fitted batteries, we don't recommend swapping these unless the battery has reached the end of its useful life.

If we can assist further, please just get in touch with our Dyson Experts, we are happy to help.

Caitlyn Y.

Caitlyn Y.asked

V8 Absolute

My dyson battery only shows 4 lights (2 on each side) when plugged in with no flashing lights to indicate it is charging. According to the manual there should be 3 lights on each side and when charging one should be flashing. Does this mean some of the cells in the battery are dead?

JAMES P
JAMES P

sorry i don't work for dyson and im not sure I put mine away a while ago as the battery would not hold charge and was advised at the time by dyson not to use it on tbe high speed, this was no good to me and they would not replace the battery under warranty.

DysonDyson

Hi Caitlyn, thank you for your question.

When charging from completely flat you should see the lights go solid to indicate the charge level of the machine. Should you be experiencing a loss of run time or any issues with the machine there is a chance the battery may need to be replaced however we would require further information to make this diagnosis.

So we are able to further assist we'd kindly ask you to please reach out to our helpline via phone, live chat or email through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us and one of our experts will be able to help resolve the issue for you.

Lee A.

Lee A.asked

V8 Absolute

Please can you help I have a Dyson V8 absolute and it won't switch on three lights come on solid but nothing happen. Then randomly the vacuum will work and I dare not take my finger of trigger or it stops again?

Hi Lee,

Thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your machine.

If the charger is still plugged into the machine it will not turn on. Apart from that if the machine is showing 3 solid lights and not turning on there may be an issue with one of the parts for the machine.

We'd like to help resolve this for you and we'd kindly ask you to please reach out directly to our helpline via phone, live chat or email through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us.

Mansukh T.

Mansukh T.asked

V8 Absolute

I have same problem with my v8.After charging 24 hrs it only works for less then 10 minutes and stops.Put on charge again then works again for about 3minutes and stops.Can you help. It’s only 11/2years old.

I've had mine for a year and it dies in about 10 min as well

Sharon C.
Sharon C.

I’m having the same problems as EVERYONE- Dyson needs to address this issue & fix it - or no one will buy it!!!!!

DysonDyson

To ensure we can best assist and get the appropriate resolutions for your machines, we'd kindly ask for you to please reach out to our helpline via phone, live chat or email through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us.

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

David H.asked

V8 Absolute

why will the V8 only work for a few seconds on max but will vacuum continually as normal on the normal low suction setting.
what's the fault and what's the fix i don't believe a new battery is the answer?

Gill Greenwood
Gill Greenwood

Hi David. Did you ever get this resolved. My does exactly the same. We have a spare battery that we put in but it's doing the same....

David H.

I did I purchased a new battery from the internet.
Not from Dyson about half the price and more powerful.
Solved the problems.
Although the advice from dyson came from Dyson Australia the UK are useless.

Rosie M.
Rosie M.

What battery did you purchase

AJT

AJTasked

V8 Absolute

v8 absolute cuts out after a few minutes yet still shows battery life when plugged back in. Any ideas?

Charlene S.
Charlene S.

i purchased a v10, the serial number for the vacuum sent was for a v8 animal...

Alison

Alisonasked

V8 Absolute

Does the v8 battery on your web site Suit the v8 Absolute stick as well?

Mary O.

Mary O.asked

V8 Absolute

Do I have to hold down the red start button on the Dyson V8 all the time while operating it or is there a way of making it stay down on its own?

DysonDyson

To ensure you get the most useful cleaning time out of the battery, Dyson Cord-free machines are designed to work when the trigger is pulled. This way, the machine is only powered on when you are actively cleaning.

We hope this helps, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Bob

Bobasked

V8 Absolute

Hi - I have a dyson V8 absolute about 2-3 years old. The last few weeks I have noticed that the battery life is less and less - today it was 1 and half minutes. I store the V8 in its charging station so charing all the time when not in use. There does not appear to be any blockages and I clean the filter quite often. What do you think is the issue? thanks

joy
joy

The battery I am looking at buying a generic battery that should last longer and be stronger
Not another crappy Dyson battery

DysonDyson

If your Dyson V8 is working well otherwise (i.e. picking up dust and debris) when not in Max mode, and the lights on the machine turn on when the machine is plugged in, it would indicate the battery on the machine would need to be replaced. You can purchase a replacement battery for the Dyson V8 here: https://www.dyson.com.au/dyson-v8-replacement-battery-967834-02. We would always encourage use of a genuine Dyson battery to ensure your machine works as intended and designed.

If this isn't the case, the machine is under two years old, or you have any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

Petra

Petraasked

V8 Absolute

My Dyson charges but will only work for about 5 minutes and then dies.

DysonDyson

To confirm, the V8 has two modes of suction; Max and high power. With the motorised head attached the machine will provide 25-30 minutes on high power mode. Without using a motorised tool it can run up to 40 minutes on high power mode. On Max mode, the machine will run for around 7 minutes regardless of the tool in use.

If you aren't seeing the above run times, So we can best assist, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to help.

No it doesn't you get 15 min on low if your lucky 5 min on high. It sucks

Diane F.

Diane F.asked

V8 Absolute

Can I leave it on charge inbetween usage?

Karina F.
Karina F.

You can, why not, though it’s not necessary, you can use it with min 20% of battery and battery lasts quite long.

DysonDyson

It is recommended you leave the machine on charge when not in use, even if you haven't fully used the battery. This will ensure it is always ready for your next cleaning session. Your Dyson V8 has smart electronics within the machine, battery and charger to ensure the machine won't overcharge.

Should we be able to further assist, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help. Alternatively, If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

MSargeant

MSargeantasked

V8 Absolute

Our V8 is 2 years old and has worked fine. Unfortunately, it fell over on a tiled floor and took a bang where the bin is located and now it won’t turn on..... no power, nothing. Could something inside the motor have dislodged ?

DysonDyson

Our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help find out what happened and assist in getting your V8 up and running.

Please give us a call with your machine handy on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Hugh

Hugh asked

V8 Absolute

Dose the dyson need a socket to charge it?

Hi Hugh,

Thank you for your question.

The machine will charge much like any other electrical device such as mobile phone, laptop etc. You just plug the charger into the wall and the charger cord into the back of the machine.

- Sam

gav

gavasked

V8 Absolute

My dyson head roller has stopped spinning. I took the brush itself off and i can see that the edge of the motor ( which is supposed to spin the brush ) doesnt turn round.
I cleaned the head and cleaned the boday itself?
took all the head apart up to the motor - but still no change.
I have had this head for a year only - sounds quite unreal changing it for a new one for 80$... any help?

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Dyson V8.

We would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com for further assistance, we are only happy to help.

Anna S.

Anna S.asked

V8 Absolute

Can I use a universal charger not the original ? Does it damage the cleaner?

DysonDyson

Dyson takes safety seriously and tests all components of our machines to ensure they remain safe and reliable to use.

As Dyson don't test universal parts, we can't guarantee the quality and safety of universal parts. For this reason, we would always encourage using Dyson genuine components.

If you need to order a charger for your machine, please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEDST. At time of writing, a genuine Dyson charger for a Dyson V8 machine is available for $30.

fg08xht

fg08xhtasked

V8 Absolute

My V8 goes dead after 30-40 seconds on Max setting. It lasts as expected on normal.still does it even i remove the filters and brush heads.it will reset its self only if i plug lt back into its charger for a second ?

DysonDyson

This certainly sounds unusual and we'd appreciate the opportunity to look into this and assist.

Please forward the serial number of your Dyson V8 and your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com. Once received, our Dyson Experts will be in touch with you to assist.

Paula H.
Paula H.

I have the same problem, did you get a solution?

Vestina B.
Vestina B.

same problem here. please let us know the outcome. mine is only year and a half old.

BekSasked

V8 Absolute

Hello, my battery life is considerably shorter than it used to be. It is under 2yrs old. I used to be able to do the whole house but its now not..... is this a warranty problem? Kind regards, Bek

DysonDyson

To confirm the V8 has two modes of suction; Max and high power. With the motorised head attached the machine will provide 25-30 minutes on high power mode. Without using a motorised tool it can run up to 40 minutes on high power mode. On Max mode, the machine will run for 7 minutes regardless of the tool in use.

If your machine isn't achieving these run times, we would encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

While batteries are a consumable item, therefore not covered under the Dyson Guarantee, we handle everything on a case by case basis and look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

BekS

Thanks for the reply. Yes aware of the two functions, that doesnt seem to be the issue. Will contact Dyson. Thank you

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V8 Absolute