Dyson V8 Absolute

Listing monitored by Dyson

196 questions from our users

Annieasked
V8 Absolute

Do the filters on the V8 wear out. I have a V8 which is a few years old but the filters keep clogging or I think it is that as it splutters a lot. I clean the filters but within a short time it is off again. I have checked all the nozzle and there are no clogs there.

amiganut
amiganut
Annie

Thanks. Yes, I have found since that the problem seems to be the head not the filters. I will have to give that a good clean.

Joy
Joyasked
V8 Absolute

having trouble attaching replacement back motor cover and hep filter on Dyson V8 Absolut

DysonDysonSend a private message

Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via Facebook Messenger, Live Chat or phone and we will only be happy to help assist with this. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Bev B.asked
V8 Absolute

My Dyson v8 keeps making the barrel full noise even when I’ve just emptied it, I’ve checked for blockages and haven’t found any but it’s still doing it?

Michael W
Michael W

Sorry Bev haven't had any similar issues. Can only suggest asking dyson themselves on line

SteveVB
SteveVB
Bev B.

thanks, will give that a try

Eliseb
Elisebasked
V8 Absolute

My Dyson V8 gets really hot at the back while I’m using it, too hot to continue using

Raymond
Raymondasked

my name is Raymond
why Dyson charger cable have filter. what the function.

Michael
Michael

It doesn't have filter.

Pam
Pam asked
V8 Absolute

I have a Dyson v8 Motörhead in my winter home. I’m leaving for 6 months. Should I leave it plugged in or not?

William Keir
William Keir

I have a V8 a total Clean which when on Maximum Suction keeps cutting out. No problems when on high suction. The dust bin is emptied regularly & battery is fully charged. Please advise

William Keir.

Trevorasked
V8 Absolute

I have a second battery available. Is there a way to charge it so I can use it immediately when the first battery runs out

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

Have it fully charged

wow. took 2 weeks to NOT answer the question

Caitlyn Y.
Caitlyn Y.asked
V8 Absolute

My dyson battery only shows 4 lights (2 on each side) when plugged in with no flashing lights to indicate it is charging. According to the manual there should be 3 lights on each side and when charging one should be flashing. Does this mean some of the cells in the battery are dead?

JAMES P
JAMES P
Lee A.
Lee A.asked
V8 Absolute

Please can you help I have a Dyson V8 absolute and it won't switch on three lights come on solid but nothing happen. Then randomly the vacuum will work and I dare not take my finger of trigger or it stops again?

Mansukh T.
Mansukh T.asked
V8 Absolute

I have same problem with my v8.After charging 24 hrs it only works for less then 10 minutes and stops.Put on charge again then works again for about 3minutes and stops.Can you help. It’s only 11/2years old.

I've had mine for a year and it dies in about 10 min as well

Sharon C.
Sharon C.

I’m having the same problems as EVERYONE- Dyson needs to address this issue & fix it - or no one will buy it!!!!!

David H.asked
V8 Absolute

why will the V8 only work for a few seconds on max but will vacuum continually as normal on the normal low suction setting.
what's the fault and what's the fix i don't believe a new battery is the answer?

Gill Greenwood
Gill Greenwood

Hi David. Did you ever get this resolved. My does exactly the same. We have a spare battery that we put in but it's doing the same....

David H.

I did I purchased a new battery from the internet.
Not from Dyson about half the price and more powerful.
Solved the problems.
Although the advice from dyson came from Dyson Australia the UK are useless.

Rosie M.
Rosie M.

What battery did you purchase

AJT
AJTasked
V8 Absolute

v8 absolute cuts out after a few minutes yet still shows battery life when plugged back in. Any ideas?

Charlene S.
Charlene S.

i purchased a v10, the serial number for the vacuum sent was for a v8 animal...

Alison
Alisonasked
V8 Absolute

Does the v8 battery on your web site Suit the v8 Absolute stick as well?

Mary O.
Mary O.asked
V8 Absolute

Do I have to hold down the red start button on the Dyson V8 all the time while operating it or is there a way of making it stay down on its own?

Bob
Bobasked
V8 Absolute

Hi - I have a dyson V8 absolute about 2-3 years old. The last few weeks I have noticed that the battery life is less and less - today it was 1 and half minutes. I store the V8 in its charging station so charing all the time when not in use. There does not appear to be any blockages and I clean the filter quite often. What do you think is the issue? thanks

joy
joy

The battery I am looking at buying a generic battery that should last longer and be stronger
Not another crappy Dyson battery

Petra
Petraasked
V8 Absolute

My Dyson charges but will only work for about 5 minutes and then dies.

No it doesn't you get 15 min on low if your lucky 5 min on high. It sucks

Diane F.
Diane F.asked
V8 Absolute

Can I leave it on charge inbetween usage?

Malina
Malina

You can, why not, though it’s not necessary, you can use it with min 20% of battery and battery lasts quite long.

MSargeant
MSargeantasked
V8 Absolute

Our V8 is 2 years old and has worked fine. Unfortunately, it fell over on a tiled floor and took a bang where the bin is located and now it won’t turn on..... no power, nothing. Could something inside the motor have dislodged ?

Hugh
Hugh asked
V8 Absolute

Dose the dyson need a socket to charge it?

gav
gavasked
V8 Absolute

My dyson head roller has stopped spinning. I took the brush itself off and i can see that the edge of the motor ( which is supposed to spin the brush ) doesnt turn round.
I cleaned the head and cleaned the boday itself?
took all the head apart up to the motor - but still no change.
I have had this head for a year only - sounds quite unreal changing it for a new one for 80$... any help?

DysonDysonSend a private message

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Dyson V8.

We would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com for further assistance, we are only happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V8 Absolute