Dyson V8 Absolute

Dyson V8 Absolute Questions & Answers

176 questions from our users

Anna S.

Anna S.asked

Can I use a universal charger not the original ? Does it damage the cleaner?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Dyson takes safety seriously and tests all components of our machines to ensure they remain safe and reliable to use.

As Dyson don't test universal parts, we can't guarantee the quality and safety of universal parts. For this reason, we would always encourage using Dyson genuine components.

If you need to order a charger for your machine, please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEDST. At time of writing, a genuine Dyson charger for a Dyson V8 machine is available for $30.

fg08xht

fg08xhtasked

My V8 goes dead after 30-40 seconds on Max setting. It lasts as expected on normal.still does it even i remove the filters and brush heads.it will reset its self only if i plug lt back into its charger for a second ?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This certainly sounds unusual and we'd appreciate the opportunity to look into this and assist.

Please forward the serial number of your Dyson V8 and your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com. Once received, our Dyson Experts will be in touch with you to assist.

Paula H.
Paula H.

I have the same problem, did you get a solution?

Vestina B.
Vestina B.

same problem here. please let us know the outcome. mine is only year and a half old.

BekSasked

Hello, my battery life is considerably shorter than it used to be. It is under 2yrs old. I used to be able to do the whole house but its now not..... is this a warranty problem? Kind regards, Bek

Dyson Team ..Dyson

To confirm the V8 has two modes of suction; Max and high power. With the motorised head attached the machine will provide 25-30 minutes on high power mode. Without using a motorised tool it can run up to 40 minutes on high power mode. On Max mode, the machine will run for 7 minutes regardless of the tool in use.

If your machine isn't achieving these run times, we would encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

While batteries are a consumable item, therefore not covered under the Dyson Guarantee, we handle everything on a case by case basis and look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

BekS

Thanks for the reply. Yes aware of the two functions, that doesnt seem to be the issue. Will contact Dyson. Thank you

RSCasked

My dyson v8 is just out of warranty and I have started to have a problem with it in max suction. On normal suction it is absolutely fine, but if I switch to Max the machine works for about 10 seconds and then the whole machine cuts off (no lights etc) even when it is on full charge. If I then put it back in the charger (for less than a second) it restarts up and its battery lights can now be seen and the machine will work on normal suction again. I have cleaned the filter and it still does the same thing.
I do not get any red lights and it does not pulse at any time.
I called dyson customer care and they thought I should change the filter but that doesn't make much sense to me.
Any ideas on what is going on?

Silvana

No sorry but I would contact Dyson again and address your concerns with them because they are amazing and have always fixed my problems

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear about this. We would encouraging continuing contact with our Dyson Experts to get this sorted.

Our Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and 1800 239 766 Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST.

RJLasked

I would like to know why our V8 goes dead after 30-40 seconds on Max setting. It lasts as expected on normal?

This started not long after the warranty expired.

I thank you in advance

Silvana

There is something wrong it should last at least up to 7 mins just ring Dyson warranty and they will assist

RJL

I contacted Dyson and they were very helpful.

Problem resolved

Thank you for your query.

We are glad to hear our Dyson Experts were able to help get this sorted.

If we can ever be of assistance in the future please don't hesitate to reach out. We are happy to help.

Mary

Maryasked

We are having a lot problems with it constantly cutting out it is only a few years old & have had this problem for a while !!! Not happy

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear about this Mary, we are only happy to help.

We would kindly ask you to run through the troubleshooting outlined via: https://www.dyson.com.au/supporthome.aspx/Vacuums/Cordless/Dyson-V8-/164527-01/troubleshooting-176414/machine-cutting-out

This should help get your machine back up and running, however if not, or if we can assist further, please reach out to our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch very shortly.

Kate S.

Kate S.asked

My brand new Dyson V8 absolute does not fully charge. The indicator lights never shut off thats its been fully charged. It has two full blue bars and the third bar flashes blue but never goes to solid. This is a brand new vacuum and I have left it on the charger for over 5 hours at a time. Is this device defective and should It be returned?

Johanna P.
Johanna P.

Hi, I have been using the Dyson 8 for almost a year and it is not normal. It definitely needs to charge fully (3 bars). So my advice will be to leave it charging overnight and if the following day you dont see the 3 light bars, take it back to the store for the warranty.

Doug
Doug

Hi Kate, i'd advise to get on social media until your problem is solved, I'm trying to get help and if I do I'll let you know one way or the other.
It's terrible that we spend our hard earned cash on such a terrible product.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

After 5 and a half hours the battery of your Dyson V8 should be charged and the lights on your machine should then turn off Kate.

If this isn't what is happening, please forward the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly to assist.

Ross B.

Ross B.asked

Hi,

Bought the unit about 2 years ago. Use it at least weekly for our apartment.

Until a few months ago I could easily vacuum our whole place on ONE full charge - however now I can only get about 75% done by comparison.

Secondly, I have also notice that even on a full charge, the Max setting now only works for maybe a minute or two if you are lucky - so I then have to quickly plug it back in for for second, which then really only allows me to use the normal setting for a bit more time.

Any comment or advise or help on the above issues?

Minh
Minh

Sounds normal that overtime battery will erode as it is consumable. When it gets to a point that it is no longer suitable for your need, call Dyson and order a new battery. It will work as new again.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing a short run time from your Dyson V8.

If your Dyson V8 is working well otherwise (i.e. picking up dust and debris) and the charger lights up when the machine is plugged in, it would indicate the battery on the machine would need to be replaced. You can purchase a replacement battery for the Dyson V8 here: https://shop.dyson.com.au/spare-parts/battery-967834-02

If this isn't the case, the machine is under two years old, or you have any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

Mr t

Mr tasked

‏Hello I just bought mine, v 8 and I have a question. The vacuum cleaner should warm up while working.   Or stay could?

Ilka

Ilkaasked

I (very excitedly) just opened the box on my BRAND NEW Dyson V8 Absolute, read all the instructions and then plugged it in to charge. Unfortunately the charge light only comes on RED, flashes twice and then does NOT charge at all. Brand new! Just opened! I’m really disappointed and am hoping that it is just something simple. Any suggestions please? I’m really looking forward to zapping up all the cat hair from my couch and doing my hard floors (of which there are many) without an ineffective soft broom which takes forever. Please HELP!
Ilka

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear about this Ilka, this sounds like something isn't quite right.

If you could please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details, our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly and happy to help get this sorted for you.

Carol W.

Have just put a new full charged battery in my Dyson 31 but still have no power going into dyson help

Cy 24532220

Nurse Abby

Nurse Abbyasked

I have had my Dyson for about 1 and half years recently it will not charge. I plug the charger in and the red light flashes twice and then goes out. It never get a charge. Could it be the battery or the charger and are these covered by warranty?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

A red light flashing on your machine would indicate a problem with a part of your machine, however we would some more information to confirm which part, and confirm the Dyson Guarantee status of your machine.

We would kindly ask you to forward your machine's serial number and your detials to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to get this sorted for you.

Sue C.

Sue C.asked

Should the battery case get hot when using?

aydah1
aydah1

No haven’t noticed any heating of case at all

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Please be assured it is normal for the battery to become warm during use, especially if used on the MAX setting. After use and charging, the battery will start to cool down.

We hope this helps, however if we can assist further please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to assist further.

emeraldasked

The Dyson cuts out after 10 seconds in the max mode. I can put it back on the charger and it will go again but only for 10 seconds. This only happens in max mode, the machine runs well in normal mode
Thanks for your help

Hi there,

Thank you for your question.

We are sorry to hear about this and will be happy to assist.

So we can best assist we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details. Alternatively, please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EDST.

Michael M

What response did you get from Dyson? in my case they told me I need to buy a new battery. My second one in less than 3 years.

emerald

The machine was still under warranty so Dyson sent out a new battery and charging cable. The new battery didn't make any difference however after installing the cable it nows runs perfectly. Very happy with the Dyson support

Leslie C.

Leslie C.asked

This is the best house cleaning tool I have ever bought, but there is dog hair wrapped around the wheels of the soft roller. Can you suggest how to remove the hair? I have tried pulling the hair out with needle nose pliers, but that I can't get it all out.

Vicky A.

Vicky A.asked

Hi, I am very disappointed that I cannot vacuum for even 2 minutes without the battery completely dying out, after being fully charged! What is going on? I expected much better from this brand, and that’s why I spent the big $$$. Very underwhelming and disappointing.

Diversion
Diversion

Oh, we have exactly same problem. At first it ran for 7 - 9 mins., two days ago phhht.

Michael M

Same here, there seems to be a theme, the company needs to take a good look at it. First time I called them about the problem (in that case the battery died completely) they replaced the battery, but the agent acted as if I was trying to con them. Now, about a year later the new battery is also playing up as you described.

Hi Vicky,

Thank you for your query.

I am sorry to hear about this. We will be more than happy to help diagnose your machine and assist with a resolution.

So we can best assist we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Rachel Azzopardi

Rachel Azzopardiasked

My dyson v8 charge is always running out of charge , what can I do?

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for your query.

The V8 has two modes of suction; Max and high power. With the motorised head attached the machine will provide 25-30 minutes on high power mode. Without using a motorised tool it can run up to 40 minutes on high power mode. On Max mode, the machine will run for 7 minutes regardless of the tool in use.

If your machine isn't achieving these run times, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help.

Nic

Nicasked

My Dyson V8 is about 18 months old. It cuts out while in use after about 5min on normal and about 2mon on max. IF I then place it on charge it shows 2 LEDs and is immediately possible to use again for another 5 min (so definitely not flat). Help?

Michael M

This more or less matches my observations.

Hi Nic,

Thank you for your query.

Sorry to hear about the short run time you are experiencing, this doesn't sound normal at all and we are happy to help.

So we can best assist, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly and happy to help.

Roee L

Roee Lasked

Hey, I have Dayson V8 and my question is that if it will be stay in charging all the time even after the battery is fully, so it’s fine?

Hi Roee,

Thank you for your query.

The Dyson V8 Absolute has smart electronics within the machine, battery and charger to ensure the machine won't overcharge. It is recommended you leave the machine on charge when not in use, this will ensure it is always ready for your next cleaning session. The electronics in the machine will ensure the battery charges to 100%, but not over.

I hope this helps, however if we can assist further please don't hesitate to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

Billasked

We got a V8 Absolute a couple months ago. It was working fine. Now it only charges a couple minutes and turns off. The vacuum does not run, assume a dead battery. If we take it off the charger and re-seat it, it will charge for a couple minutes and stop charging. When I say charging or not charging, I mean the blue light is on or not. We have left it on for a couple days and it is not charged and will not run. I thought if it was a connection problem, re-seating it in the charger with the blue light on would fix it but it turns off in a couple minutes and repeating the re-seat process just repeats the problem and the unit is not charged. Help

Bill

Found the problem. The red handle the opens the canister to empty it apparently was not closed tightly and the sweeper would not run. Opened and closed the canister and the vacuum worked.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for letting us know the issue has now been resolved.

If we can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact us on 1800 239 766 or aucustomercare@dyson.com. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST.

Samuel

JANE

JANEasked

My V* Absolute s fine apart form the large drive head. I have just purchased ANOTHER - this is head number 3!!! - and just attached it and still not working. The old one would work sometimes and not others. I have followed a You tube video and completely dismantled the whole thing (less new head), its cleaned and polished and STILL NOT BLOODY WORKING! I am sick of this, I am too busy to keep messing about with a vacuum that is unreliable. These things are not cheap so please tell me what to do - and I will NOT buy another Dyson drivehead. Please do not just refer me to the email/helpline. I have tried all that to no avail.

Hi Jane,

Thank you for your query.

I am sorry to hear about this, we are happy to help.

While we are happy to help, unfortunately, without further personal details we are not able to find your history with us. For your privacy and to get this sorted, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch shortly to assist. Please also be assured replacement parts from Dyson come with their own two year guarantee.

Shan

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives