Dyson V8 Absolute

Dyson V8 Absolute (page 2 of 34)

See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

SLN

SLNSydney, NSW

New era in vacuuming

I have floor board and tiles flooring and this vacuum is just perfect. You can change the head with just once click. Cordless no more going to one plug to the order.
So easy to use everyone at home want to use it.
You know how you always have hair on the bathroom floor or crumbs in the kitchen, well now you don't even thing about it and just grab you Dyson and it's clean again in less time that it will have take you to go get your old cord vacuum and plug it. The house has never been so clean. Will definitely buy it over and over again. It's every house best friend.

Purchased in April 2016 at The Good Guys for $890.00.

Phoebe

PhoebeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Life changing!

We live in an apartment that’s over three levels and have a two year old son. This stick vacuum changed our lives! We can easily vacuum up crumbs after he’s eaten and so easily vacuum the stairs. We have the absolute version (I got it on sale at DJ’s) and love the additional rotary head for cleaning carpet and rugs, while the normal head works well for our concrete floors. I wouldn’t recommend one with less power - the V8 has 45 min time unless using the high power, which uses a significantly greater amount power that runs out in about 20 mins on full charge. I’d highly recommend to anyone in an apartment or with young children, or those who hate unplugging their vacuum to change rooms or lug it upstairs.

Purchased in June 2018 at David Jones Retail Stores for $530.00.

ourlensinfocus

ourlensinfocus

Game changer the stick vac!

Having a child meant my time was limited and by having the Dyson V8 Stick vac ready to go I was able to clean up and vacuum at a moments notice. I love that it has no cord and its charged and ready to go all the time. I would never go back now - Dyson all the way!

Purchased in January 2017 at David Jones Online Store for $800.00.

Michele Harvey

Michele HarveyIllawarra, NSW

Fantastic appliance

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $799.00.

Mark Bryant

Mark BryantGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Simply AWESOME!

I've had other brands (cheaper) stick vacuums and since buying the Dyson V8 I just can't believe how much better it is. I have a ducted vacuum that I just don't use anymore. I bought the Ultimate because we have timber floors and the other vacs scratched the floor. The timber powerhead is just amazing, no more scratches. I can clean my whole house (timber & carpet) on a single charge including using the "ludicrous suction mode" at times. Oh, and it's so quiet! Simply an awesome machine and would definitely recommend it to anyone. I can only imagine how good the V11 must be?

Purchased in January 2019 at Kogan.com for $699.00.

Christine

ChristineSydney, NSW

Best stick vacuum I’ve used!!

Great vacuum, all the accessories are really great especially for cars and cleaning inside kitchen drawers.
The only thing that I don’t like is the rubbers on the end of the floor head leave rubber looking line marks on my satin finish hardwood floors and the cap behind the motor keeps coming off.

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $799.00.

Courtney

CourtneyPerth, WA

With a flick of the wrist

Gliding around the room dancing to your fave songs whilst simultaneously cleaning has never been so easy! For one, its suction is amazing (better than any I've had in the past), and for B it's quiet so as not to interupt tay tay

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Steve

Steve

Just OK for the money

Purchased in February 2017 at David Jones for $900.00.

Floor Type Tiles
Abdul F.

Abdul F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Product

Our cat used to get scared of our old kmart vac. Main reason to buy this was the quiteness and my cat thanks dyson for it. Such ease of use. Lightweight, powerful enough. Can go around a 4 bedroom house without recharge. And the bonus , looks stylish to be out in the open and not hidden under a cupboard.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $650.00.

Emily

Emily

happy

very happy with product had always heard wonderful things so thought it would be a good opportunity to purchase it runs well and easy to use very very good product

Purchased in July 2017.

Ker

KerWestern Australia

Dyson are the best

We have hardwood timber floors, the fluffy head is fantastic without scratching the surface. The V8 absolute stick vacuum suction is strong and convenient without having cords or hoses. Our carpet is fairly new with a very thick pure wool plush pile, the brush head has no problem picking up the fluff, we usually empty the bin twice (which is no problem) during a vacuum due to the extensive amount of fluff our carpet is still shedding. We would totally recommend Dyson for the quality of their products (we have several) as well as their customer service if ever any issues or questions.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Disappointed

When I bought the vacuum I loved it and extolled its virtues to all of my friends. Now? I still love the design; no cord, fabulous head, and easy to use. However, after 2 years the battery now only lasts 24 minutes, down from the initial 40 min. This is a really poor state of affairs given the expense. My barrel Dyson lasted many years and I wish I had kept it when I bought the stick version.

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Gungun

GungunSydney, NSW

Battery only runs 10 min for $800!!!

We were so excited to buy a good vacuum cleaner and after all fabulous reviews we got it from Bing Lee. We were shocked to see it only goes for 10-12 mins. We took it back to Bing Lee but they are not much support as they want us to go through all processing with Dyson. We are very busy couple with young baby. Now it’s an $809 unnecessary headache for us. So disappointed!

Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee for $800.00.

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Became faulty after a year

I bought this from jb hifi and it worked well up till 1 year. Although the battery life on it is quite short (around 10min) but it is super light and easy to use so that made up for it. We only have a small house so perfect really for regular vacuum. Unfortunately, the motor started making weird revving noises and the vacuum stopped. I've been in touch with customer service who were quite helpful and sent me a replacement part but that didn't help. So now I have sent the whole thing back to either repair or replace I guess. I'm now waiting. It's been annoying though and had to borrow a vacuum cleaner temporarily.

Purchased in April 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $800.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear this David. Please forward your details and the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help get this sorted for you.

David

The new motor serial number is RB2-AU-JNA4696A.

OzInKiwiLand

OzInKiwiLandAU

Makes vacuuming fun

Amazing powerful suction when needed. With 3 power heads, 1 for carpet 1 for bare floors and a mini for those tight spots plus additional 3 attachments. Carpets that I had previously vacuumed the Dyson will still draw dust and dirt from. Attaching it to the wall for charging was tricky, you have to purchase your own fixings. I think this is a good idea actually as we bought quality plasterboard screws. On Max power it will only last the 7 minutes as advertised but have found it recharges quickly. Initial charge is 5 hours. My lady finger does hurt a bit from continuously holding the trigger so I do change hands. Really happy with this purchase overall. Floors have never looked cleaner.

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $699.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
YJJ

YJJglenwood

Good but just a tad overpriced

been using the vacuum for timber and tile flooring. The vacuum itself is very good (good suction and cordless) but in my opinion a tad overpriced. The battery runs out before I can finish the whole house (two storey averaged size house).

Purchased in November 2018.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Arnold H.

Arnold H.

Great product - worth it

I live in a pretty small town house (2 bedrooms + 3 floors) and it is very handy to use. Expensive but worth every penny. It performs decently on carpet and floorboards. I would say that if you needed something industrial then you might need to look elsewhere.

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys for $558.00.

Bec

BecCentral Queensland, QLD

Love it

I have carpet and tiles in my house and two children. The Dyson is great because I can quickly grab it out and use it. The battery life has slightly diminished but it is 3 years old. Love it and recommend it

Purchased in December 2016 at JB Hi-Fi for $699.00.

craig h.

craig h.Perth, WA

this is perfect cant live without it.

I use this vacume for both timber floors and carpeted areas. keeps my house clean as is so quick to pick up and clean the floors without the added time of pulling out cords and then having to wind them back up or having to constantly having to change power points

Purchased in January 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $899.00.

USE IT EVERYDAY

I use this for everything, hard floors, carpet, rugs, bathroom. So easy and use and clean. I love the different attachments and it can get into hard to reach place like my car.

Purchased in February 2018 at The Good Guys for $650.00.

Ross B.

Ross B.asked

Hi,

Bought the unit about 2 years ago. Use it at least weekly for our apartment.

Until a few months ago I could easily vacuum our whole place on ONE full charge - however now I can only get about 75% done by comparison.

Secondly, I have also notice that even on a full charge, the Max setting now only works for maybe a minute or two if you are lucky - so I then have to quickly plug it back in for for second, which then really only allows me to use the normal setting for a bit more time.

Any comment or advise or help on the above issues?

Minh
Minh

Sounds normal that overtime battery will erode as it is consumable. When it gets to a point that it is no longer suitable for your need, call Dyson and order a new battery. It will work as new again.

Mr t

Mr tasked

‏Hello I just bought mine, v 8 and I have a question. The vacuum cleaner should warm up while working.   Or stay could?

Ilka

Ilkaasked

I (very excitedly) just opened the box on my BRAND NEW Dyson V8 Absolute, read all the instructions and then plugged it in to charge. Unfortunately the charge light only comes on RED, flashes twice and then does NOT charge at all. Brand new! Just opened! I’m really disappointed and am hoping that it is just something simple. Any suggestions please? I’m really looking forward to zapping up all the cat hair from my couch and doing my hard floors (of which there are many) without an ineffective soft broom which takes forever. Please HELP!
Ilka

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Sorry to hear about this Ilka, this sounds like something isn't quite right.

If you could please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details, our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly and happy to help get this sorted for you.

Carol W.

Have just put a new full charged battery in my Dyson 31 but still have no power going into dyson help

Cy 24532220

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

CategoryStick Vacuum Cleaners