Dyson V8 Absolute

Dyson V8 Absolute (page 2 of 32)

Great handy little Vacuum.

This is a great small hand held vacuum. It’s great for small areas and for general picking up crumbs etc. The battery does not last for a full 3 bedroom house but it’s very powerful and not very noisy. It’s easy to charge although I find it hard to empty out to get the dust out of the main area. I have to fiddle with it a bit to get it happening. The foot must also be cleaned regularly as it will work intermittent if not cleaned out (figured this out later). It’s great on tiles, wooden floors and carpet. The battery life and how hard it is to fullly empty are the only negatives. Otherwise it’s a great product.

Purchased in August 2017 at Myers for $349.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Battery dies

Had 1 yr battery has died, very disappointed especially with the price you pay. Would not recommend. Only use every now and again, so the battery just died, also if you use on max it drains the battery.

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Product is used: Monthly
Floor Type Wood
Hi Gayle, Thank you for reviewing your machine. We are sorry to hear your Dyson V8 Absolute isn't working, however we are happy to help get this rectified. We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch with you and happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Very handy machine

I bought the dyson vacume 3 month ago from the Good guys.

It’s really handy around the house especially when you have kids.

I would definitely recommend this vacuum machine to everyone

Purchased in August 2018 at The Good Guys for $999.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
Floor Type Tiles

Good cleaner but check my comments

Good cleaner but anyone with even a small amount of arthritis should avoid it.
The fact that the trigger switch must be constantly held on, means that your finger will suffer. Poor design in my opinion.

Purchased in February 2019 at RetraVision.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Very handy for a small house

This vacuum is by far the best cordless vacuum cleaner I’ve used. It’s easy to manoeuvre has better suction then a lot of cheaper 240v vacuum cleaners and the motor head works very well on our carpets. It’s definitely ideal for either a smaller house or just spot cleaning. We have actually gotten rid of our 240v vacuum but we do have a smaller 3 x 1 house. All in all it makes cleaning a hole lot easier especially with a toddler and baby in the house. Update about 2 years in and the battery is dying a lot quicker now than it used to. Something to keep in mind.

Purchased in December 2016 at The Good Guys for $758.00.

Battery died

My Dysom V8 Absolute is 2 yrs old
The battery has died already
Probably better off buying a cheaper hand hel cordless and throw it away after a red Years
At least you expect the cheap one not last
Dyson says how good they are but this is my sec hand held cordless from Dyson that battery died
They need more research and better quality battery

Purchased in April 2016 at Dyson for $699.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Vacuuming is much easier - but not on my thumb

A friend of mine recommended the Dyson V6 to me but I ended up buying the V8 Absolute so we had a more advanced machine with one head for tiles and one for carpet as we have an even mix of both in our house. I am very happy with it except for the sore thumb knuckle which is now a callous. When I mentioned that to my friend he said he has the same problem but forgot to mention to me!
I have had the machine for about 6 months now and it has worked perfectly in that time. Vacuuming is so much easier now as you can walk and vac around the house, go outside and do the patios and even then give the car a quick once over quite easily. The suction is not great on normal but the versatility of using it makes up for that imo -no cords etc, dragging a machine, plugging and unplugging. High power suction is very good but doesn't last very long.
For me the main downside of the V8 is the wear it has on my thumb knuckle. I have tried starting to vacuum with the handle away from the thumb but after a little while the weight of the machine together with the angle of the handle ensure the weight goes back on that thumb/hand knuckle. My friend and my wife have the same problem when using the machine.

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for $649.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Be prepared to buy a new battery every 1-2 years, other than that it's good

I have my machine for 2.5 years. I am now on my second battery change. The first time it died entirely, now it only runs for 34 seconds on Max mode, and 22 minutes on normal mode.

Currently the battery costs $85 (if I recall correctly it was $79 last year). Here is the official response, via email, from the company:

"We do not have an expected lifespan of a battery as they are a consumable part and the lifespan depends on several different factors such as how often they are used or extreme temperatures.
Your machine's guarantee has expired and batteries are not covered by a warranty as outline in the terms and conditions of the guarantee:

My other fear is that in a few years we will be told that the battery is either too expensive or does not exist anymore. Which makes this very expensive product very expensive to maintain, and possibly gives it a short lifespan.

Other than that the machine itself is pretty good. The only other downside I have heard of is it's flimsiness, and it's tendency to break easily (not my experience, I am extremely careful with it). I assume it's the price to pay for light-weight.

Purchased in September 2016 for $850.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Another heads-up: I initially liked the machine a lot, so I was about to buy one as a present to my mother who lives in another country. Based on my battery experience, I am glad I did not.

Great machine

The motor may be small, but the suction power is incredible. Perfect for cleaning up around the house. the cordless machine is super convenient and very practical for anyone. I use this on a near daily basis and love it.

Purchased in July 2018.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

First time user of a Dyson, amazing unit, light,simple to use extremely efficient, recommend to anyo

This is the ultimate vacuum cleaner for the average size home, works just great on carpet,vinyl, tiles and upholstery,lightweight and so easy to use and clean.The two level suction facility is amazing, ideal for hard to reach corners and under furniture. Have also used it in the car as it converts to a handheld. Would recommend it to anyone.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

run time/ battery/ hard floor tool

I bought this model thinking it may have stronger suction and longer run time than my previous V6, however yes it did to begin with but 3 months down the track it lasts no longer than the V6. the problem is the battery wears down after such time therefore rendering it no better than any other brand out there except your throwing away $$$ for nothing in comparison to any other brand that's cordless. Also their hardfloor tool is so small it takes twice as long to do the job in comparison to the other brands that allows you to buy a generic brand floor tool that's twice as big and covers a bigger area getting the job done in no time and not using all the battery power in 5 minutes like the dyson. Wouldn't buy another one certainly not worth the money.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to review your Dyson V8. I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Dyson machine and experiencing difficulties, we are happy to assist. So we can best assist we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Shan

Heavy, split out playdoh

Heavy and it designed for tall
If your less than 170cm, think about it.
I am such a trouble, stick is not adjustable so too long for me.
But the issues with me becoz I am short. Maybe okey for other.
If the stick is adjustable will be great.

Not powerful as imagined, little bit disappointed. But okey not as much price.

Scratch very easily, i was really carefully used at first day, but it scratched few in one day.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Great Vacuum

I bought this vacuum from tobydeals for much less than advertised in Australian shops. It is a great vacuum. Very lightweight and easy to use (my 3.5 year old can do it on his own!). It has lots of useful attachments and does a really nice job.

It has a very strong suction and the charge last enough to do my whole house. I use it on wood and carpeted floors.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Love it - vacuumming is so much easier now!

Purchased this last January during the Boxing Day/New year sale from Harvey Norman. I was initially worried about the unit being too heavy on my wrist but turned out no problem actually. It's not a vacuum cleaner that you use once a week to clean your whole house because the battery won't last that long. The idea is that you have it handy so that you do bits of your house everyday. I split bedrooms, living areas, kitchen/laundry and bathrooms into separate days and that works really well. I feel my home is cleaner as a result of regularly cleaning away.

It's great for spot cleaning, particularly after the mess left behind by kids and meal time. Great suction on both floorboards and carpet. My machine came with a range of useful attachments such as floorboard head, carpet head, and pointy attachment for spot cleaning. I've it wall mounted by an electrician and it's so so so handy. Won't go back to my old Samsung vacuum cleaner (which was actually very good too) because the V8 is so compact and convenient to use on a daily basis. Very easy to clean too. Just press a button to empty the cannister and then rinse the filters once a month. Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great product, AMAZING customer service

Purchased our V8 in 2017, have been very happy with it. We've also bought other V8s as gifts for family members.
Recently the battery life has been rapidly decreasing. Contacted Dyson via email as recommended by the Dyson reps on the other thread ( https://www.productreview.com.au/qa/dyson-v8/m/absolute.html ). Our email was sent after 7pm (their closing time is listed as 7pm), yet we had an email response within 5 minutes ... no, I'm not joking. 5 minutes response time. The rep registered our product, sent us a warranty certificate, ordered a replacement part, and wrote an email of explanation. We are very, very impressed. Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Dyson V8, Power To Clean.

We have owned this Dyson V8 cordless for just over a year now, (Xmas 2017) it performs so well on our floors, both tiles and carpet, so easy to use under the kitchen table, beds etc. Being twelve months old we thought the Battery would have had less time in usage but we still get 40/45 min on high as we did when it was new. We have used this Vac ranging from 10 min up to 45 min and flattening the battery, If you are looking for a Vac that is very light in weight, easy to maneuver around furniture and at a really great price we recommend these Dyson Cordless Vac's..

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Love it - picks up so much dust, so easily

Bought on sale from Myer and couldn't be happier. The power cleaner head is awesome on carpet - the amount of dust left by my previous vacuum was incredible. Has made my carpets much softer and fluffier. The soft head is great on tile and wooden floors and the whole unit is so agile and easy to use that I can clean in about half the time it took me previously. I tend to use the max power mode in the bedroom to get all the dust and hair and the normal power everywhere else as I mop these floors once a week after vacuuming anyway. I have found it far more pleasurable (never thought I'd say that) to vacuum and tend to do it more regularly as it's just so easy to grab the V8 from the charger rather than roll out the old cumbersome unit and plug it in etc. The head is on a super easy to manoeuvre pivot joint so it's great for corners or around the back of furniture. I found emptying it to be easy and effective and the whole thing seems to be very well made. Great job Dyson!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great vacum, but batttery could be better.

The V8 from Dyson is a great vacum, suction is amazing, and the convenience of just grabbing it, no power leads is awesome, what lets it down is the battery only lasts about 7minutes on HIGH level of suction with powerhead. Orher then the battery being short. It is Perfect.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Just Perfect

We bought Dyson V8 absolute vacuum cleaner and it's just perfect for my carpet and tiles area. It's works like magic, now my house looks super clean, very easy to operate as its cordless. Very much satisfied with this product and will highly recommend to anyone to buy this vacuum cleaner.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Electric shock every 4-5 seconds while in use

Getting shock every time I pull the trigger. This happens whenever I use it with one of the motorized attachments on my couch or carpet. Shock comes from the charging port which is located on the handle. Poor design? For this type of product and price it's absolutely unacceptable, I can not use this vacuum because it's unbearable. Dysons response to this issue was: wipe it down with dryer cloth. I would have to keep wiping it down after every 3 seconds to avoid the shock after every 4-5 seconds.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

I (very excitedly) just opened the box on my BRAND NEW Dyson V8 Absolute, read all the instructions and then plugged it in to charge. Unfortunately the charge light only comes on RED, flashes twice and then does NOT charge at all. Brand new! Just opened! I’m really disappointed and am hoping that it is just something simple. Any suggestions please? I’m really looking forward to zapping up all the cat hair from my couch and doing my hard floors (of which there are many) without an ineffective soft broom which takes forever. Please HELP! Thank you Ilka
Sorry to hear about this Ilka, this sounds like something isn't quite right. If you could please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details, our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly and happy to help get this sorted for you.Have just put a new full charged battery in my Dyson 31 but still have no power going into dyson helpCy 24532220

I have had my Dyson for about 1 and half years recently it will not charge. I plug the charger in and the red light flashes twice and then goes out. It never get a charge. Could it be the battery or the charger and are these covered by warranty? Thanks
A red light flashing on your machine would indicate a problem with a part of your machine, however we would some more information to confirm which part, and confirm the Dyson Guarantee status of your machine. We would kindly ask you to forward your machine's serial number and your detials to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to get this sorted for you.

Should the battery case get hot when using?
No haven’t noticed any heating of case at allPlease be assured it is normal for the battery to become warm during use, especially if used on the MAX setting. After use and charging, the battery will start to cool down. We hope this helps, however if we can assist further please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to assist further.

V8 Absolute