Dyson V8

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Pros

• Lightweight build

• Easy to use

Chappo

ChappoSydney, NSW

Battery Life? 2 years and 4 months

Purchased in November 2018 at Myer for $597.00.

Jeff C - Australia

Jeff C - AustraliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Battery life very poor and a "very dumb" battery charger

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $699.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood
Sev

SevBrisbane

Very bad design fault, Dyson Australia refused to help

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $698.00.

Jean

JeanSydney, NSW

The best investment ever

Having children and pets this Dyson is easily my favourite home appliance. My floors are mostly hardwood with some carpet areas. Cordless and super powered, it's a dream to use! Dyson for life.

Purchased at Myer.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood

Poor battery and low suction power

I have had my v8 for 3 years. For the last 12 months the max suction has not lasted longer than 30 seconds before the battery goes flat, in spite of following all cleaning and care instructions. The normal mode of suction is poor and does not vacuum my rug satisfactorily to pick up crumbs, and I don’t have a pet!
Poor value for money and I would not purchase a Dyson again.

Purchased in November 2017 for $899.00.

DysonDyson

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
roses

rosesSydney, NSW

Terrible battery life

Vaccuum only runs for 7 minutes on max after being fully charged overnight. Terrible value for money. Only would recommend if you have money to waste or if it’s on 90% off.

Purchased in June 2020 at eBay for $549.00.

Floor TypeWood
parade6010

parade6010Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Powerful Vacuum

Purchased in August 2020 at Dyson for $650.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum

Regarding the comment: Great Product but for one thing

I too love my Dyson cordless, I also have an older Stowaway Dyson, Love them both. Cordess is so easy to use and very effective. I use on Carpet and wood floors, and have a small Tenterfield Terrior dog indoors. I was intrigued to read that someone else is getting a sore thumb when using the machine, I was getting a blister each time so now protect the area with some elastopast tape. I do not think it is the machine itself, but how I hold it that causes the rubbing.

Purchased in October 2019 for $799.00.

luvsitwet

luvsitwetHunter Region, NSW

good product

when my ex leech bought this home i bawked at the price. 3 years later i clean my truck my house , everything with it and its awsome and very versatile. i had a problem with the battery they replaced it free of charge. since then no probs at all. just clean filters empty it and use it. i am going touring soon and plan to take it with me as it is a great product. and this is a truck driving bloke not a desk jocky or mommy .

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood

Tingroove

TingrooveCentral Queensland, QLD

Good except for the Battery

The family bought three units, Mothers day in 2018. First unit battery failed, replaced under 6 months. My unit gets used once a week and is charged on a timer, therefore not charged when hot. The battery failed at 14 months. This battery failed at 12 months. Filters have been cleaned. Not impressed.

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $699.00.

Floor TypeLinoleum
mrsduke

mrsduke

• V8

Big Regret

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for $647.00.

Rachel Saunders

Rachel SaundersSydney, NSW

Very good vacuum

I use this vacuum mostly on my carpet floors - it's a great way to clean up after my puppy.
It's lightweight and good value for money; a bit noisy but that's acceptable for me.

Purchased in September 2019 at Dyson for $647.00.

Azzbot

AzzbotSydney, NSW

terrible product and battery life is no good.

I owned my Dyson stick vac for 3 days before returning.

I wanted to return my v8 due to battery overheating and power cutting out at 1m 30secs after charging 5 and a half hours.
The store manager has advised this is not a complete vacuum cleaner and only a spot cleaner. It is never intended to do small apartments.

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for $599.00.

Roger Salcoodo

Roger SalcoodoSydney, NSW

good item

used for my house, soft strung carpet, does the job of cleaning the mess after my kids. Long time dyson buyer, always top quality goods. Caught this on a bargain.

Gary H.

Gary H.Sydney, NSW

Not happy at all.. Beware of this product. Buy the LG Cordzero instead.

Purchased in September 2017 at David Jones for $800.00.

Eliseb

Elisebasked

V8 Absolute

My Dyson V8 gets really hot at the back while I’m using it, too hot to continue using

DysonDyson

While the Dyson V8 can get warm during use, we certainly wouldn't expect it to get hot.

Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger and we will be happy to help. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Raymond

Raymondasked

my name is Raymond
why Dyson charger cable have filter. what the function.

Michael
Michael

It doesn't have filter.

DysonDyson

The charger of your Dyson cord-free machine has a transformer on the plug. This is to ensure the correct power is provided to your machine.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Ways to get in touch can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Pam

Pam asked

V8 Absolute

I have a Dyson v8 Motörhead in my winter home. I’m leaving for 6 months. Should I leave it plugged in or not?

DysonDyson

To maximise battery health, We would encourage fully charging the machine and unplugging it while not in use. Upon your return, charge your machine fully prior to first use.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Please don't hesitate to get in touch. Our contact details can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V8

As of December 2020, the Dyson V8 is the highest-rated cordless and stick vacuum cleaner on ProductReview. As well as being the highest rated, the V8 is also more afordable than other Dyson cordless and stick vacuum cleaners - such as the V11, which is around $300 more expensive.

Features:

• The V8 series includes 4 different vacuum cleaners, with a $100 difference in price
  • Two power options: Max Mode for extra power, which is good for tough clumps of dirt or pet hair; and Powerful Mode, which allows for longer usage, but may provide a slighlty weaker suction
  • A 5-hour charge provides up to 40 minutes of use

Points of praise:

• Some reviewers purchased the Dyson V8 after owning the V6 and reported noticing an improvement. Although they didn’t claim to be unhappy with the V6, many said that the V8 was more powerful and picked up a larger quantity of dirt and dust.
  • The highest power setting (Max Mode) latest longer than expected. One reviewer was pleased that they could vacuum their whole apartment while still having plenty of battery life left.
  • The vacuum was lightweight and easy to manoeuvre, meaning that people could clean hard-to-reach crevices and corners of the house.
  • Three large, shedding dogs proved to be no match for this vacuum cleaner. A happy reviewer mentioned that they could finally remove the mess their dogs had left behind.
Compare all 4 Dyson V8

4.4
Dyson V8 Animal

Dyson V8 Animal

4.2
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $799.00$699.00$799.00$749.00
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time5 hours5 hours5 hours5 hours
Running Time 40 min40 min40 min40 min
Suction (Air Watts)115 AW115 AW115 AW115 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateAug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016